Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

Sorry for doubleposting but Cole saying "Meiko Time" and marking out ..feels weird.
The house show in Japan with Brock Lesner, he was marking out for everything too. Giving all the history of Balor and Owens and just having a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I felt Beth barely said anything the whole show. Seems like she was the odd one out. She had to basically sneak something in and a few times Cole cut her off in the middle of her talking to call a move.

But compared to Lita and JR, a million times better. It's cool to see Renee get to actually be a main part of the commentary team.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DM Punk posted:

I felt Beth barely said anything the whole show. Seems like she was the odd one out. She had to basically sneak something in and a few times Cole cut her off in the middle of her talking to call a move.

But compared to Lita and JR, a million times better. It's cool to see Renee get to actually be a main part of the commentary team.
Yeah she was like that in the MMC too

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cole is really decent to great at his job when he's not being produced. he also shines more when he's in a two person team as opposed to a three person one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It already feels like the match quality is a big step up from last year. Meiko/Kelly especially was so drat good. I also loved MJ Jenkins, she's bursting with charisma. And I can't wait for Lacey Lane to be called up to the main roster for her spooky black girls tag team with Ember.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/Asuka_City/status/1037097706781659139

Not my twitter and I take no responsibility if there's anything weird on the feed.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

https://twitter.com/Asuka_City/status/1037097706781659139

Not my twitter and I take no responsibility if there's anything weird on the feed.

Is Impact literally doing shows out of high school gyms.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Is Impact literally doing shows out of high school gyms.

This was a co-branded RISE (SHIMMER development) and impact show. Live streaming from the berwyn eagles club is basically a coin flip, and the eagles club was bordering on too small anyway.

Also, I'm the guy in the pink tank top.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

STONE COLD 64 posted:

cole is really decent to great at his job when he's not being produced. he also shines more when he's in a two person team as opposed to a three person one.

This is hard to believe but now I have something extra to watch for when I get around to viewing that episode.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rarity posted:

It already feels like the match quality is a big step up from last year. Meiko/Kelly especially was so drat good. I also loved MJ Jenkins, she's bursting with charisma. And I can't wait for Lacey Lane to be called up to the main roster for her spooky black girls tag team with Ember.

Ember Twoon!

Vanessa Kraven made me miss Jazzy Gabert.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I enjoy me some Vanessa Kraven time. She had some great hoss offs with Jessicka Havok.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I could have happily watched Meiko and Kelly go for another five minutes at least, cut down Lacey vs Vanessa and Tegan vs Zatara which were both obvious results from the video packages alone. While I usually would say wrestler safety should be a priority above all else, it was still great to see a proper DVD instead of the soft fireman's slam WWE typically uses these days.

Rhea Ripley is my new wife. (Pending the divorce from Ivory; turns out there's quite a queue.)

Demtor posted:

This is hard to believe but now I have something extra to watch for when I get around to viewing that episode.
Cole on Raw has Vince McMahon puppeteering him. On other shows he's always proven to be perfectly capable of handling play-by-play.
I do wish he wouldn't shout over other people any time there's a pin, though. They only did a dropkick, Michael, it's clearly not going to be a 3-count; let the other person finish what they were saying.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Vanessa Kraven made me miss Jazzy Gabert.
It's a crime that they didn't sign her up right after last year. I know she had some kind of quite severe injury, but WWE has waited on less compelling people to get over bad injuries before; they could have signed her and kept her in the loop around the performance centre while she recovered and rehabed. She's wrestling regularly again now, so hopefully they pick her up soon.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kraven and Kelly could've probably made it to the second round, the latter positively surprised me. Not very hot on Lacey, but homegrown talent and all. Rhea Ripley is still Pretty Good and she was giving off some The Rock vibes for whatever reason. Prolly the eyebrows. Fun and good episode, IMHO. Are we using this thread for MYC posting?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dias posted:

Kraven and Kelly could've probably made it to the second round, the latter positively surprised me. Not very hot on Lacey, but homegrown talent and all. Rhea Ripley is still Pretty Good and she was giving off some The Rock vibes for whatever reason. Prolly the eyebrows. Fun and good episode, IMHO. Are we using this thread for MYC posting?

I could whip up an MYC thread, but considering there aren't many people discussing it, I don't really see the point. It's not really upsetting anything in here. Also knocking Meiko out in the first round would be a big mistake. Also Lacey Lane isn't homegrown talent.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DarkstarIV posted:

I could whip up an MYC thread, but considering there aren't many people discussing it, I don't really see the point. It's not really upsetting anything in here. Also knocking Meiko out in the first round would be a big mistake. Also Lacey Lane isn't homegrown talent.

I mean they should've been bracketed to make it to the second round, just bad wording.

And huh, she isn't? Ah, I think I'm thinking about the video package for the other girl. She's kinda green tho, I wasn't really impressed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Dias posted:

There's always next year and there is one next year.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

UUDD has Aerial Monroe on today and just listening to her speak, she comes off as really endearing. I wish that we had Woods talk to the competitors over video games as opposed to that bracketology show.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

UUDD has Aerial Monroe on today and just listening to her speak, she comes off as really endearing. I wish that we had Woods talk to the competitors over video games as opposed to that bracketology show.
Even when he had two non-English natives on at the same time (Asuka and Nakamura) their personalities came out a whole lot more in a casual setting. Hearing Nakamura telling Woods "I don't speak her language" (Referring to her thick Osakan accent) was endearing. Even guys like Corbin come off a lot more likable on the show

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Pretty much anyone on UUDD comes off better/more approachable. Hell, even Stephanie came across as likable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aerial is a sweetheart. In about 5 minutes of me watching her on a SHINE show, I became an instant fan. That's a rare talent.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I have to think Killer Kelly earned a spot on a Sendai Girls tour with that showing. It was a hell of a match and Meiko seemed impressed.

Rest of the show was pretty good too. Tegan was a plucky babyface that everyone loved and it looked like she busted Zatara's face with that shining wizard. Rhea Ripley will be a really big deal because she is a hoss who doesn't have to fit into the monster role. I always thought a pumphandle powerbomb would be rad and sure enough it is. Lacey Lane is on the right track and just needs some experience. Kraven was probably the perfect opponent to give he an underdog win and have a veteran around to help guide the match.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I thought Renee and Beth have voices that are too similar to each other to be paired in the PBP booth.

Solid episode though

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Kelly's interview segment was a bit dull but yeah, she was great in-ring. Nice acting and facial expressions on top of everything. It was a pretty strong first episode overall.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

episode 1 was good, not great, but still such a clear step up from last year drat

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

God, I wanted to write something yesterday but then my kitchen sink backed up and oh well...
That was a really good first episode and a definitely a step up from last year. Way more into Killer Kelly now than after the UK tournament. Rhea could be a real cool character. Meiko's "I didn't have any finishers back then so I lost" line was exquisite.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Demtor posted:

If you want to hear Cole having the time of his life, watch the first UK Tournament (second night is much better than the first).

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I hope things sink up for a Rhea/Bianca rivalry.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I've been busy with various things so I didn't get the chance to see the first episode when it originally aired, but I caught up to it and I really enjoyed it. The quality of the matches already are dramatically better than last year's first round and Meiko/Kelly was so good I was giggling with glee. Lacey Lane and MJ Jenkins are still really quite green but I can see where they have room to grow. And why Rhea Ripley isn't already a star is anyone's guess.

MYC2 is going to outclass Evolution so hard it's going to be tragic.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Norwegian Rudo posted:

If you want to hear Cole having the time of his life, watch the first UK Tournament (second night is much better than the first).

Noted. Thanks. Like the first MYC, I missed that tournament as well. I heard it was great though. Didn't know Cole was doing stuff outside of the main roster.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder that if tag titles were being made for WWE, if Ashley Rayne and Mickie James could form a tag team just because visually, I feel like they would be a fit for each other.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Someone pointed out that the MYC matches this week were in the order they taped it in. Which means the next two weeks will be pretty rough watching if that pattern holds up. If people want should be the next set of matchups for next week (spoiler free of course), just let me know and I'll post them.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Auritech posted:

And why Rhea Ripley isn't already a star is anyone's guess.
She doesn't seem like Ms. Workrate so I can see her not making a big impression on the indies, and she's both more of a bruiser and less American than Raw/SD likes in terms of handing out super-pushes. She should be a huge star eventually, but give it time. She only turns 22 next month so it's not like she needs to be rushed to the top ASAP.

I'm a little worried about the commentary comparing her to Charlotte, because that's a feud Rhea would never be booked to remotely win despite looking like she could cave Charlotte's face in in a second.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Someone pointed out that the MYC matches this week were in the order they taped it in. Which means the next two weeks will be pretty rough watching if that pattern holds up. If people want should be the next set of matchups for next week (spoiler free of course), just let me know and I'll post them.

Episode 3 is gonna be great.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1037371568232390656

After seeing her in All In, I would enjoy watching more. Can anyone tell me what WoW is? Never heard of it. Is it worthy of attention?

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Quick search reveals apparently it was started by the guy who developed the original GLOW, has the backing of Mark Burnett, and is going to air on Mark Cuban's TV network. No, I hadn't heard of it before either.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
WOW is basically GLOW but more modern. Lots of campy gimmicks. Roster has Tessa, Santana Garrett, Amber O'Neal, Holidead, Ray Lyn, and some others that I can't think of. It's not SHIMMER, that's for sure.

Back in 2001, they had a PPV which I believe was the first ever all women's PPV. Bobby Heenan did commentary for that.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 7, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Guess who is back in STARDOM!!!

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1038221694375157760

:allears:

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

I knew she’d say “bitches” even before the sound was on.

I love Hana. She exudes charisma and at the Korakuen show I was at, she threw someone into the seats near me before hitting them with an umbrella and it was awesome.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingWNomad/status/1038536559593709568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It stinks being a fan in the states because you know you'll never get your hands on 80% of the sweet merch from Japan 😭