Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I would imagine this is going to get patched, but you can force maps by using a divine vessel with a rare map and use the "random map of the same tier" it will keep telling you that you cannot use the divine vessel in that map until you hit a map that works with the divine vessel.

Does not cost a chaos each time.

quote:

Tier 5: Conservatory, Spider Lair, Maze, Toxic Sewer

Tier 6: Atoll, Cemetery, Fields

Tier 8: Infested Valley

Tier 9: Moon Temple, Temple

Tier 10: Siege

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Xeras posted:

I have wanted to play Volatile Dead so badly but have a strange refusal to use Poet's Pens. The only build I could find for VD totems on poeninja is this and it actually looks pretty great. Anyone with actual knowledge of this type of build have any suggestions before I hop into this?

You could use cast on channeling or cast on crit but I'm pretty sure doing so will just be inferior to poet's pens. Cast on channeling, a channel spell, a corpse generator, volatile dead. I fiddled with it a bit before I got my Poet's Pens I think it might work but your casting volatile half as often just to generate those corpses.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 6, 2018

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Lunsku posted:

Inpulsa's over Mantle with the Arc totem Hierophant

I keep seeing goons talk about this but Inpulsa's only explodes enemies that you kill yourself, it really isn't optimal with totems, traps or mines. An extra totem is likely to be far more effective.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Ahh, that interaction I wasn’t clear on. Well, I trust I’ll find use for it if the league keeps me interested.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its the same distinction that makes enchants like "damage penetrates x resists if you havent killed recently" very good for traps and totems. you are never killing anything only your totems are.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Now you can reroll to ssfhc where all your competition went.

A lot of them went softcore actually

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Xeras posted:

I have wanted to play Volatile Dead so badly but have a strange refusal to use Poet's Pens. The only build I could find for VD totems on poeninja is this and it actually looks pretty great. Anyone with actual knowledge of this type of build have any suggestions before I hop into this?
You do not need 4 totems to make it work. You just want two totems, and get lots of cast speed. You will leech from your totems so that scepter seems kinda redundant. I think doryani's catalyst will be your most dps. I bet you could go dual void batteries and go crit, but the cheaper and tankier version will be EO. I did the blood magic and clear mind thing too. I would spring for an Essence Worm and get Anger aura.

The cast speed VD Enchant is usually dirt cheap, so it helps this build a lot. I don't like self-flag, soul mantle, kikazaru. You're sacrificing defense with those ring and chest slots.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

A lot of them went softcore actually

is it hosed up etup went to sc to play for like 3 days before returning to wow?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kild posted:

Yes

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So are there any builds that just steam roll maps to T15 and cakewalk over Delve?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Kild posted:

Etup has seemed pretty damned burned out on poe for a while now

(and yes its hosed up)

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Do any of you in SC have a vorici 8? I could use a corrupted item socket recolor. Should be an easy recolor too. Putting 3g1b into a hrimsorrow.

Character name is MonkeyMonkey

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if anyone has vorici 8 this early i will be impressed and a little concerned

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lol I got atziris vault as a zana mission

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
The worst thing about the new Zana mission system is that it hasn't already been applied to Vorici as well

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Choice between: keep target at low life for 110 seconds, keep all guards alive, open the chest

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Open the chest, easy peasy.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

What is the 'important' roll on Inpulsa? I'm looking to pick one up for my tri-herald BV Elementalist and I'm not really sure how to tell the good rolls from the bad.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Control Volume posted:

Choice between: keep target at low life for 110 seconds, keep all guards alive, open the chest

Open the chest! You simply kite the dude away for a bit, then pop your movement skill to zap back to the chest and open it. It's easy.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

MerrMan posted:

What is the 'important' roll on Inpulsa? I'm looking to pick one up for my tri-herald BV Elementalist and I'm not really sure how to tell the good rolls from the bad.

i bought the cheapest/worst possible inpulsa for a similar build this league and forgot to divine it and it pops high red maps like they're white maps anyway

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

As an FYI, much like the labyrinth traps, Darkness damage doesn't take Mind Over Matter style effects into account. I last until 23 stacks with MOM on, but only 19 without it (with or without gear, so it's definitely % based), so it's great for exploring between checkpoints in the mines.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MerrMan posted:

the [5-10%] explosion >>> [25-40] shock effectiveness >> [60-80] life.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Control Volume posted:

d) all of the above

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
According to this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV9DgBbZcbI the Prolonged Pain trickster node seems to effect damage taken from darkness. He has whole build for reduced damage taken effects.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kild posted:

the [5-10%] explosion >>> [25-40] shock effectiveness >> [60-80] life.

you think explosion is that much more important than shock effect?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Why do people use spell echo with spectres? All the tooltips I see and when its in the socket doesnt show it linking with the skill.

Is it a tooltip error?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

DurosKlav posted:

Why do people use spell echo with spectres? All the tooltips I see and when its in the socket doesnt show it linking with the skill.

Is it a tooltip error?

Supports linked to minion gems will also support any skills the minions use.

(Anyway unless they changed something the tooltip is just wrong, spell echo does (or did, last league) annoyingly support the raise spectre skill itself)

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 7, 2018

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

DurosKlav posted:

Is it a tooltip error?

The tooltip is wrong. Make sure that you only insert spell echo after you have raised your spectres, otherwise you'll raise two at a time and wont have control over which ones you raise.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Thanks. Guess I've been running sub optimal spectres for the last few days. They still have been shredding things for me though, so its not a huge loss.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've noticed some other similar errors, like Curse on Hit saying it will link with minion gems. Take it with a grain of salt I guess.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Sorry about your rip. Love how it synced up with guild chat! :v:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

DurosKlav posted:

-image-
Is it a tooltip error?

Like others have said it works just fine with spectre casts and is a significant dps boost - especially with solars as it turns them into rapid fire death turrets.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Valle posted:

Sorry about your rip. Love how it synced up with guild chat! :v:

Yea, that was excellent timing

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Anyone else getting insane latency spikes when going to most maps? Sitting in town my ping is usually 30ms or so but the second I start almost any map it randomly spikes between 100-1000. This hasn't been A Thing for me before and I'm 100% convinced it's on GGG's side.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Apparently there is a problem with the instance servers or something so sometimes you will just have horrendously bad latency. I assume that is still ongoing - reset the instance if you can. Hope it wasnt a fully chiselled corrupted guardian map with zana mods!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm playing on eu and have had zero issues that weren't related to my lovely internets fwiw.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose

aejix posted:

Apparently there is a problem with the instance servers or something so sometimes you will just have horrendously bad latency. I assume that is still ongoing - reset the instance if you can. Hope it wasnt a fully chiselled corrupted guardian map with zana mods!

Thanks for the information, hopefully this gets resolved soon!

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Henron posted:

Thanks for the information, hopefully this gets resolved soon!

I could be totally wrong and that got fixed in the last week - havent been able to play much/at all lately but the instance thing was being mentioned in gchat a lot last time i was on

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Would a pure phys cyclone using Starforge plus Impulsa produce the shock explosions ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

Would a pure phys cyclone using Starforge plus Impulsa produce the shock explosions ?

It should. Inpulsa says nothing about lightning, it only mentions shocked.