Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tootsuki Academy is a culinary Hotel California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i hope the next few chapters are a parody of building shows

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this chapter up to like the last two pages are everything this manga needs right now

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah like everything going on right now in this Manga is extremely my poo poo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The ridiculous exams are what the main draw of this manga should be. Not the tournaments. That those exist at all is unfortunate.

Aug 24, 2011

i hope the new villain has more personality than "good chef but a bit of a pedophile"

maybe since he looks the same as soma he could put soma in a bin again and take his place in the exam with nobody the wiser

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

The ridiculous exams are what the main draw of this manga should be. Not the tournaments. That those exist at all is unfortunate.

Hell yeah. Ridiculous cooking challenges are, even (just a bit more anyway) more than the boobs, what I read this series for.

"Serve a buffet" and "win at festival food stall-ing" are infinitely more interesting and fun to read/watch than "you are both insanely good chefs but because this person did this one thing slightly better so they win" which is what all the food battles at this point are since everyone is so good at cooking.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
the shadow is probably curse girl, right

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Centzon Totochtin posted:

the shadow is probably curse girl, right

leonora imo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

this chapter up to like the last two pages are everything this manga needs right now

The sheer drop in quality between those pages pretty much encapsulated the best and worst parts of this manga.

Asahi doesn’t loving need to be here with his ominous bullshit

where the red fern gropes posted:

i hope the new villain has more personality than "good chef but a bit of a pedophile"

There’s a lot wrong with Asahi but this isn't one of them, I doubt he’s more than a year older than Tsukasa. He’s still a rapey creep though.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Hell yeah. Ridiculous cooking challenges are, even (just a bit more anyway) more than the boobs, what I read this series for.

"Serve a buffet" and "win at festival food stall-ing" are infinitely more interesting and fun to read/watch than "you are both insanely good chefs but because this person did this one thing slightly better so they win" which is what all the food battles at this point are since everyone is so good at cooking.

Exactly, bring on the insane hell school challenges. The fact that characters can adjust their plan on the fly puts it massively head and shoulders over dish tastings that are essentially some single shot pistols at dawn poo poo every single one and nothing else

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Based on spoilers I predict the next chapter will be very silly

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

you don't say

Aug 24, 2011

apparently no sorry i have no idea. i'm going to wait until the chapter comes out before trying to ruin it for other people

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
WHAT THE gently caress!?

https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/278/5332/1

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That was fantastic and so cute up until the last page.

Just what this arc needed- Xcution.

Aug 24, 2011

this is pretty good

*reaches end*

nevermind

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Uh...wtf just happened at the end there? Can we just get back to dumb cooking?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Tag yourself, I'm the chainsaw

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

pnumoman posted:

Uh...wtf just happened at the end there? Can we just get back to dumb cooking?

No no no, running a seaside stand and having to cook like crazy to make nine thousand dollars a day is good cooking!

That last page means we're going back to dumb cooking.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mikl posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the chainsaw

You mean the one with no visible teeth?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t understand why this was needed, is this series just not allowed to be straight fun anymore? What the hell does Tsukuda’s editor have on him?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Xelkelvos posted:

You mean the one with no visible teeth?

I think it's got a cover on it.

Jesus this has got to be one of the most up and down manga arcs I have ever read.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this comic needs to be sent to a nice kitchen upstate where it can run around and cook all day

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
This is so amazingly dumb

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I don't think the author took the right lessons from the reception of the last arc.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's an even chance that instead of going for a new batch of Edgy villains, it'll take a left turn into comedy where they're also edgy villains, but extremely dorky weirdos at the same time.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

LMAO i was worried they were dropping the Dark Chef angle

They're gonna put soma in the garbage again

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Xelkelvos posted:

There's an even chance that instead of going for a new batch of Edgy villains, it'll take a left turn into comedy where they're also edgy villains, but extremely dorky weirdos at the same time.

That would actually own. We have Masked Chinese Guile, Lounging Lout, Creepy Hovering Eyeglasses, Burly Butler, and Chainsaw Miniskirt Nazi; and they're even hanging out in what looks like to be a ruined mansion. If it turns out they're actually a bunch of idiots whose only redeeming quality is that they can cook quite well, I could very well be onboard with this.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
On another note though, I guess this is what, the second time Souma has shown anything resembling attraction to a girl?

The first being Hisako in her apron, ofc

E: v maybe they combine, One Piece style to become a super cook? v

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 7, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mikl posted:

That would actually own. We have Masked Chinese Guile, Lounging Lout, Creepy Hovering Eyeglasses, Burly Butler, and Chainsaw Miniskirt Nazi; and they're even hanging out in what looks like to be a ruined mansion. If it turns out they're actually a bunch of idiots whose only redeeming quality is that they can cook quite well, I could very well be onboard with this.

That's what I'm feeling. Especially considering the first Cuisinier Noir we've met was a giant dork.

And Asahi too.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
OK, the author has to be doing this sort of stupid, aggravating poo poo deliberately.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I don't know about you but I'm a fan of Generic Outlaw Star Villain, Aizen, Sebas from Overlord, and Warhammer 40k Lady Commissar as the new cooking goon squad

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Archenteron posted:

I don't know about you but I'm a fan of Generic Outlaw Star Villain, Aizen, Sebas from Overlord, and Warhammer 40k Lady Commissar as the new cooking goon squad

It's so good.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
yeah this is a fun dumb

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting to see what Escanor was up to while the Sins were on the lamb. I can't wait to see the proudest cooking in history, even if the sun glasses are a little off brand.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Everyone that’s salty about the weirdo evil chef brigade: what would you LIKE to see instead? Azami was boring because he wasn’t this goofy, goofy is good

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mister Olympus posted:

Everyone that’s salty about the weirdo evil chef brigade: what would you LIKE to see instead? Azami was boring because he wasn’t this goofy, goofy is good

I dunno, Erina not being drugged, dragged into some sort of Kung Fu tower where lie the misfit manga character plagerisms and made a damsel in destress would’ve been a good opening gambit.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ConanThe3rd posted:

I dunno, Erina not being drugged, dragged into some sort of Kung Fu tower where lie the misfit manga character plagerisms and made a damsel in destress would’ve been a good opening gambit.

If it’s immediately subverted next week like it was last time I’ll forgive it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

I just want slice of life internships and for the cast to actually get to spend time with one another

E: Like it is actually really funny to me that the series gives me exactly what I want only to throw it out in the last two pages two chapters in a row

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 8, 2018