Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Please iron rose tell me more about how this is all just coincidence with the 👌

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Fallom posted:

Why was this treated as a disciplinary issue? Shouldn’t they have arrested her?

boop the snoot posted:

Every state has multiple definitions of murder.

Murder by cop (not murder)
Murder by white person (regular murder)
Murdered by a minority (super murder unless against another minority — then lol what murder?)
Murdered by an immigrant (BUILD THE WALL murder)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Fallom posted:

Something about how the cops have to let time pass for the investigation before they can make any arrests.

You know, just like if I shot my neighbor to death and then said "Oopsie Poopsie, I did a Shootsie" they wouldn't arrest me immediately.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

M_Gargantua posted:

Cop walks into the wrong house, cop shoots occupant thinking they're a home invader

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/D...impression=true

oh cool now cops can just walk into our houses and shoot us

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

oh cool now cops can just walk into our houses and shoot us

We literally cannot even train cops to any kind of standard because uhh America 🇺🇸 so it's just one of those things, omelet eggs freedom etc

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
To balance more sad news

https://twitter.com/RanttMedia/status/1037925202917818370
https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1038032402013011968

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
getting murdered by the state in my home to own the libs protect the laboratories of democracy

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Fallom posted:

It happened 12 hours ago. The DA is gonna make the decision about being charges.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
They gotta look through his social media to find pictures to put up for the victim "was no angel" routine

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

getting murdered by the state in my home to own the libs protect the laboratories of democracy

If you think this would somehow get prosecuted by the DoJ if we didn't have a federal system, I've got bad news.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Late to the party but lol:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Smiling Jack posted:

It happened 12 hours ago. The DA is gonna make the decision about being charges.

I assume that’s common practice for all people who enter a home other than their own and kill an occupant.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

You know, just like if I shot my neighbor to death and then said "Oopsie Poopsie, I did a Shootsie" they wouldn't arrest me immediately.

Its Texas so it depends on the skin colors involved.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

mods changed my name posted:

Please iron rose tell me more about how this is all just coincidence with the 👌

I was pretty clearly conceding that it wasn't?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mlmp08 posted:

Something about how the cops have to let time pass for the investigation before they can make any arrests.

If you can pass it off as an ND yeah they'll just be like "welp, good luck in civil court"

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

The Iron Rose posted:

I was pretty clearly conceding that it wasn't?

Hey cool I must have missed that part, my bad

:tipshat:

There were others though :reject:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

mlmp08 posted:

I assume that’s common practice for all people who enter a home other than their own and kill an occupant.

Yeah, actually, most states you can hold someone 24-72 hours before having to actually arrest and charge them, and charges regarding death are only brought after consulting with the local prosecutor.

Nothin like having to explain to your eyewitness that the D isn't gonna prosecute so we are gonna release the perpetrator in the next hour so you should probably find a motel or something good luck and also you dont qualify for safety assistance because technically you aren't a witness in a case

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Smiling Jack posted:

Yeah, actually, most states you can hold someone 24-72 hours before having to actually arrest and charge them, and charges regarding death are only brought after consulting with the local prosecutor.

Nothin like having to explain to your eyewitness that the D isn't gonna prosecute so we are gonna release the perpetrator in the next hour so you should probably find a motel or something good luck and also you dont qualify for safety assistance because technically you aren't a witness in a case

You've got to be kidding. Any jurisdiction in the US, if you're standing over a dead body that's the owner of the home you're in, you're getting arrested on the spot. Unless of course you're a police officer.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You've got to be kidding. Any jurisdiction in the US, if you're standing over a dead body that's the owner of the home you're in, you're getting arrested on the spot. Unless of course you're a police officer.

sure keep telling yourself that

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gonna have to remember the Oopsie Poopsie I made a shootsie line.

Just in case you know.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I think people are failing to understand the distinction between "you aren't leaving this police station but the DA hadn't decided on charges yet so technically this isn't an arrest" and "what ho miscreants I place handcuffs upon thee thought art under arrest"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
It’s litterally and metaphically a black and white issue.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
If a cop puts you in handcuffs and won't let you leave or they'll shoot you, you've been arrested practically if not technically legally, hth

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Smiling Jack posted:

Yes. If she’s being held in a holding cell at the PD, it would be good to know. The Dallas PD could save themselves some ire by making that clear that she’s being treated like anyone else if she is, instead of saying she’s on leave.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Thalantos posted:

If a cop puts you in handcuffs and won't let you leave or they'll shoot you, you've been arrested practically if not technically legally, hth

oh do tell I wonder why someone making a press release about a murder might be super careful about that distinction

my whole point is that when all y'all conclusion jumpers read "suspended" you also assumed this meant the shooter was free to leave with no consequences and it's a little early to be making that assumption you reactionary loving clownboats

when she walks, then you can freak

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

mlmp08 posted:

Yes. If she’s being held in a holding cell at the PD, it would be good to know. The Dallas PD could save themselves some ire by making that clear that she’s being treated like anyone else if she is, instead of saying she’s on leave.

Usually you don't get stuck in a holding cell, you're in a interview room and everybody kinda dances around the fact you aren't allowed to leave

you know in the first 48 when they have people bored out of their skills in the room but they aren't handcuffed and aren't leaving? Basically that.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LingcodKilla posted:

Gonna have to remember the Oopsie Poopsie I made a shootsie line.

Just in case you know.

Eh, Martello beat you to it

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Man I had already forgotten we had a murder cop gip alumni

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

:perfect:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Looking at all the cops who murdered and walked all these times over the past few decades and just assuming the same story that always happens will happen again is being a "reactionary clown boat"

Smiling Jack, in a DR logical beep boop way everyone knows that not all cops are bad, but the only reason cops get a bad image is because of bad cops and this whole thin blue line circle the wagons punisher logo poo poo isn't doing y'all any favors. Does anyone in your perfect department think police reform is needed or what is the issue here? Unfair reporting?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I thought Martello was the Army O3 stationed at Drum who got in trouble after making fun of his brigade for making everyone do a 25 mile ruck march in the rain.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

psydude posted:

I thought Martello was the Army O3 stationed at Drum who got in trouble after making fun of his brigade for making everyone do a 25 mile ruck march in the rain.

He was.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

hm yes I think I work for a perfect department that doesn't need reform

oh wait I never said that why don't you gently caress off and bomb a wedding or something

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
You all know there is a middle ground between ACAB and Thin Blue Line right?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I was legit trying to ask you what you think could be changed but you're just being a loving bitch rear end cop about it

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

mods changed my name posted:

I was legit trying to ask you what you think could be changed but you're just being a loving bitch rear end cop about it

no you weren't

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lmao even cops that try to act like a GOOD ONE get real loving defensive when cops walk into a random apartment and accidentlly kill someone the same way that I sometimes approach the wrong car in a parking lot

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
When the US military blows up an MSF hospital, we at least have the good graces to blame host nation forces for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I may have been a little snide Right after you called everyone "reactionary clownshoes" yes because before that I don't think anyone in particular specifically insulted you, unless you take the general dislike of murder cops personally for some reason

Edit: excuse me, clown boats

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 7, 2018

• Locked thread