Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

sourdough posted:

We're splitting such a dumb hair here because neither of us thinks they're either good options, but what the hell:

Last year, Torrey Smith was WR3 and finished 36-430-2, with 170 yards coming in two games (with Wentz, fwiw). Marcedes Lewis went 24-318-5. Both of them gave you 1 point or less in standard scoring about half the time, though Smith usually had like a catch for 5 yards. In 2016, the Eagles WR3 was Agholor, who put up 36-365-2, compared to Julius Thomas at 30-281-4.

I don't really agree that we should expect a rookie TE to put up comparable numbers to a vet WR3 in the first place, but even if you do, the Eagles WR3 and Jags TE1 are pretty even.

Goedert in the box score after missed TD earlier.

Your move, ASJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am in a super weird 6 team auction league with QB/WR/RB/TE/K/DEF and zero bench slots, zero trades allowed.

1 PPR, bunch of bonuses for yards, 6pt passing TDs etc

I drafted 2 RBs and 2 WRs. I have to drop one of each
SO, if you could only keep one of each of these for the season, who would it be?

WR: Julio Jones or Michael Thomas

RB: Alvin Kamara or Saquon Barkley

I'm leaning toward Thomas and Barkley.

rest of my roster is Watson and Gronk.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I am in a super weird 6 team auction league with QB/WR/RB/TE/K/DEF and zero bench slots, zero trades allowed.

1 PPR, bunch of bonuses for yards, 6pt passing TDs etc

I drafted 2 RBs and 2 WRs. I have to drop one of each
SO, if you could only keep one of each of these for the season, who would it be?

WR: Julio Jones or Michael Thomas

RB: Alvin Kamara or Saquon Barkley

I'm leaning toward Thomas and Barkley.

rest of my roster is Watson and Gronk.

For whatever reason I thought the exact opposite before reading who you were leaning towards. I like Kamara in 1ppr, and the falcons defensive injuries could lead to more shootouts.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Spoeank posted:

Start RSJ over both though

RSJ is available in my PPR league, do you really think this is a good move? Worth dropping ASJ for?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Suave Fedora posted:

What was your thought process at the turn? I drafted in the same spot (9th) twice this season and I went Hopkins + Hunt (.5ppr), and Hopkins + ODB (1ppr). I’m curious as to how others felt about drafting there. I hated it because I felt like I had to go against the grain in order not to get caught up in trends. And I normally draft RB-heavy at the top.

It was tough. The 2QBs, on top of keepers, meant that the usual guys weren't there. Best guys available to me there were:

Barkley
McCaffrey
Cook
Gordon
Freeman
Julio
Allen
Newton
Brees
Wilson

I already had one safe WR (Michael Thomas) and one high risk WR (Gordon), and the guy drafting 10 and 11 was already keeping a QB, so I really wanted an RB first and then pickup a QB with my next pick. It mostly came down to deciding between Barkley, CMC, Cook, and Gordon. I narrowed it down to Barkley and Gordon and ended up taking a risk with the rookie that fell further than I expected.

Drafting in that spot in more standard formats, I would grab a high end WR first like Hopkins or OBj, and then someone like Hunt/Gordon/Cook if they're still there, or the other WR in that pair if they're still there in the second. With everyone focused on the RB trend, I think it's great that guys like OBJ and Hopkins are falling that far. They're absolute monsters with multiple years of proven production. Recency bias has mad a lot of people forget about just how good they really are.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dallas. Goedert.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

pmchem posted:

Goedert in the box score after missed TD earlier.

Your move, ASJ

My guy.

Vargo posted:

RSJ is available in my PPR league, do you really think this is a good move? Worth dropping ASJ for?

I like RSJ more, especially in PPR.

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017

Fast Luck posted:

hmm I just traded Dion Lewis + Marvin Jones Jr to a team hard up for RBs and got Michael Thomas in 1ppr. I defintiely (and objectively correctively imo) value quality over quantity in terms of players so the only drawback is I think Dion Lewis could be a monster this year and probably the guy taking the deal thinks so too.

Steal. I watched one too many Brett Kollmann video (and a couple of Titans games) and am now sure that Derrick Henry is gonna be a monster the following couple of years. Got him in dynasty, too. He's a loving tank and I think he had something insane like 7+ ypc on outside runs last year.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Do we have a dfs thread?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

the_american_dream posted:

Do we have a dfs thread?

Don't believe so. Every year one gets started but dies off very quickly since there isn't a ton of guys playing it.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
should i drop E. Engram in favour of Eifert?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TommyGun85 posted:

No

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TommyGun85 posted:

:thunk:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Im guessing that was a dumb question...

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Eifert is amazing the 4 games a year he plays

Edit: he's played 39/80 games in 5 years.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 7, 2018

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Eifert's brother, who is a walk-on end-of-bench basketball player at Purdue, plays more regularly than he does

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/1038071268560588800

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
General FFB question for you all because I'm curious. For redraft leagues, do you prefer a league with:

A small bench, so that it emphasizes waiver play, planning ahead, balancing short-term vs. long-term prospects week-to-week

or

A large bench, so that it emphasizes the importance of the draft, doing your research leading up to the draft, identifying sleepers long before they break out

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Buane posted:

General FFB question for you all because I'm curious. For redraft leagues, do you prefer a league with:

A small bench, so that it emphasizes waiver play, planning ahead, balancing short-term vs. long-term prospects week-to-week

or

A large bench, so that it emphasizes the importance of the draft, doing your research leading up to the draft, identifying sleepers long before they break out

I think both have their place and it comes down to the competitiveness of the league.

My family league with people that don't know a whole lot about football? Shorter benches with quality players available on the wire.

Competitive league? I like deep benches and a serviceable but shallow waiver wire.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I like the short benches in my family league.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I've never tried it, but I want to do a league with more starting spots, but shorter benches.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I'm a short bench guy mostly because I tend to get way to drunk during drafts and my research + decision making flies out the window.

Then I at least have a shot to right the ship on waivers and sleepers as they pop up.

Plus deep benches suck if you have a string of injuries in a particular position and are kind of screwed for the entire year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've always been a fan of deeper benches. Rewards better drafting, and lets you hang on to guys you have a good feeling about but aren't valuable at this moment.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So a bit of analysis from last night's game regarding Jay Ajayi. Ajayi lead RBs with 15 carries for 62 yards and 2 TDs. Behind him Sproles had 9 touches, with his 5 carries ending up at 2 YPC. Corey Clement had 5 carries as well for 26 yards, but take out his 21 yard gain and he's averaging 1.3 YPC. So neither Sproles nor Clement really impressed with the limited run workload they had. Sproles did get 4 receptions for 22 yards out of 7 targets, so clearly he has a role. But it looks like Ajayi is definitely being used a lot. He and Ajayi both had 29 snaps for 40% market share, but only 3 of Ajayis touches came in the first half. Meanwhile 4 of Sproles carries were in the first half (and a another was called back by a penalty).

Is a he a bellcow? I would say no. But at least based on this usage I'd say he has a solid opportunity to return value. He's a better runner than Sproles or Clement, his offensive line is very solid, and teams can't necessarily stack the box because of the receiving threat. In addition I really like the play calling; if you follow Warren Sharpe on Twitter he had a lot of praise for how well the Eagles schemed for the run versus how terrible the Falcons did. What surprised me was his lack of usage in the passing game; in 2017 he averaged three targets per week with Miami and 2 targets per week with Philadelphia. Yesterday he wasn't targeted once, which clearly limits his ceiling if it becomes a prevalent trend.

Either way it feels like a good path going forward and I think he'll be fine.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
One thing that's super awesome about Pederson as a play caller is that you're rarely staring at the TV wondering WHY ARE WE STILL TRYING THAT. He's not stubborn like a lot of play callers are. If something isn't working, he will find something that does work.

The carries were pretty evenly split up between all 3 RBs last night. Then, when it was clear as day that Ajayi was getting it done, who did he have in most of the rest of the game? Ajayi. He then proceeded to score TDs. If it wasnt for Bad Foles not converting third downs, Ajayi would have hit 100 yards easy.

In the FA goon league, I made an 89TRADE and sold off the abortion that is the LeVeon Bell situation and got Ajayi and Coleman to handcuff Freeman with

On the other end of the stick, the play calling for the Falcons was so loving terrible, unimaginative, and stubborn that I almost want to sell all my shares of Freeman.

89 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 7, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Am I an idiot for thinking that the Bears wouldn't be a bad DST to have? Green Bay will likely trounce them, but their schedule for the weeks after looks good and given their players and potential game script they could be a good value.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Am I an idiot for thinking that the Bears wouldn't be a bad DST to have? Green Bay will likely trounce them, but their schedule for the weeks after looks good and given their players and potential game script they could be a good value.

Nope, I'm holding on to them for that exact reason.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Bears; wouldn’t be surprised if they were a consistent top-third D/ST, but on paper right now, I don’t expect them to be that good to where I am now rostering two defenses (the other being MIN and LAC).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
:siren: IDP alert :siren:

S Keanu Neal ATL out for the year with an ACL tear. He didn’t look right the first time he went down.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just realized something I really don't like on MyFantasyLeague.

If I'm logged in as Commish, on the Transactions list, I can see exactly how much teams are bidding for free agents and all trade proposals and rejections.

Any way I can turn that off? It's easy to be logged in as Commish instead of Owner.

EDIT: changed it

89 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 7, 2018

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Succumb to the intoxicating effects of power

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

:siren: IDP alert :siren:

S Keanu Neal ATL out for the year with an ACL tear. He didn’t look right the first time he went down.

What's nuts is that he fell, went in the tent for a test, passed the test, and then went out again only to collapse in a heap. That's so loving rough.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
RE: Ajayi, I read a good take on Reddit that it's entirely possible that the game plan was designed to give the ball to Sproles/Clement early to keep the defense honest and then to put a fresh Ajayi in once the front 7 was tired to pound the ball down the middle. I don't think we can say with any degree of certainty whether there's merit to that or whether the Eagles will continue to scheme that way, but it does make sense to me. One thing I'm pretty confident about is that this wasn't a hot hand approach and it was entirely by design that Ajayi didn't see the ball early on, whether it be due to game plan or easing him in due to injury or whatever who can say. He also looked pretty good, with a lot of burst and speed through the hole.

Either way, I'm happy with the way he's being used so far and feel much more comfortable with him as my RB2 than I did when I drafted him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Dallas. Goedert.

Can't. Catch.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

kiimo posted:

Can't. Catch.

Yeah I know I watched the game, it was hilarious. He did get a Redzone look which surprised me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Which QB would you rather have? Watson or Luck? 6 pt passing TDs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A lot of giant "ifs" in that question

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Which QB would you rather have? Watson or Luck? 6 pt passing TDs.

Luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

kiimo posted:

A lot of giant "ifs" in that question

If they're both healthy.