Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

alnilam posted:

Those are the intended effects of the photographs and are considered benefits. As you have viewed them without permission, you actually owe Christopher Sadowski $6,900. Please remit this amount payable to alnilam trust LLC

FYI, the Argentinian Peso uses the $ sign. $6,900 is equivalent to 187.00USD at the current exchange rate. Literally I would only owe the motherfucker $187USD. It's a shame he didn't specify USD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

spacetoaster posted:

He fancies himself a photographer. That's probably why he takes stealing of hitler photos so seriously. :colbert:

Yeah my shop was next to a famous photographers that he looks up to and next to another photo gallery that has a big yearly party thats mostly were i see him. This is specifically the crowd im referring to and lol when they find out this peice of poo poo preys on creatives.. I guess i should probably find out how much money hes throwing around first haha. Ill ask around for any embarrassing stories about him too. Rich people love to dash their lives to pieces loving some art hobo at a party or get up to some sex weird poo poo ill check around. I know someone im pretty sure he was trying to gently caress. I really only remember him because i remember thinking he was only buying something from me to impress her and because she would be working on it. I even had a issue at the time and he talked me up in front of her how he would help me and gave me his card i went to his office and he was suddenly not very helpful or cheap haha.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hitler :argh:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

DogonCrook posted:

Yeah my shop was next to a famous photographers that he looks up to and next to another photo gallery that has a big yearly party thats mostly were i see him. This is specifically the crowd im referring to and lol when they find out this peice of poo poo preys on creatives.. I guess i should probably find out how much money hes throwing around first haha. Ill ask around for any embarrassing stories about him too. Rich people love to dash their lives to pieces loving some art hobo at a party or get up to some sex weird poo poo ill check around. I know someone im pretty sure he was trying to gently caress. I really only remember him because i remember thinking he was only buying something from me to impress her and because she would be working on it. I even had a issue at the time and he talked me up in front of her how he would help me and gave me his card i went to his office and he was suddenly not very helpful or cheap haha.

Slander. $6,000,000 in court or fifty bucks right now. You choose.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Slander. $6,000,000 in court or fifty bucks right now. You choose.

lovely Jack McCoy, I choose you.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What is even the endgame of suing Lowtax?! possession of that grody pickle jar containing his original spine? That signed declaration from Shmorky that he is "not some sort of awful pervo that you'd be ashamed you hired"?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lomtax I ran to this thread as fast as I could after reading of your legal plights.

I have been in contact with a space lawyer for several years who is extremely real and good and he has agreed to take your case in exchange for, what I can only translate as 'one diadem'. Seems like a steal!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
You could make a bot to do this and I'm willing to bet someone has.

Imagine being the lawyer forced to draft cease and desist letters for the spurious legal cases leveraged by 'sue-bot'

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

can the law firm be sued for using the authors photo in their email without compensating him? sue the law firm for literally STEALING money from the artists pockets. TURN THE TABLES.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

After the invention of the camera phone, photos should not be copyrightable imo. There's literally zero difference between a "professional" photographer and some rando with a phone anymore, except that the paparazzi is more willing to chase celebrities off a cliff I guess.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Definitely NO ONE sue me or the forums for posting this video thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBaoC7P511g

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Definitely NO ONE sue me or the forums for posting this video thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBaoC7P511g

I'll be suing the people that run the servers that host our fair forum.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Hello, I am Hitler and I approve this message.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
why would someone want to sue grandpah?

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As a newly ordained minister I rebuke this spirit of frivolous lawsuits.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

I know quoting this makes probably means I will get sued $69420 or whatever, but that must be vintage Hitler. Older Hitler generally used the less formal salute. The one we see here tended to be reserved for parades and stuff.

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
Is that Windows 7 they are using? Not exactly a sign of a high-profile law firm if you ask me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

zoink2000 posted:

Is that Windows 7 they are using? Not exactly a sign of a high-profile law firm if you ask me.

AWWWWW SHHHIIIIITTTT

:iceburn:!!!!!!!!

Linux Lawfirm, chumps!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I think numberoneposter needs to get in here and explain himself to lowtax.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

They're not even using an ad blocker

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Bethamphetamine posted:

They're not even using an ad blocker

That's right. You know who did?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

phasmid posted:

I know quoting this makes probably means I will get sued $69420 or whatever, but that must be vintage Hitler. Older Hitler generally used the less formal salute. The one we see here tended to be reserved for parades and stuff.

GBS is where I get all my Hitler facts now that the History Channel just shows pawn shops and ice truckers.

Speaking of that, how funny is it that the new Hitler channel is called the American Heroes Channel?

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
So if they DO take it further, and onwards to court how hosed are you financially? Even if they have absolutely no chance of winning and the case gets thrown out, how much debt will you accumulate from that alone?
I get the feeling that rich americans can gently caress over anybody due to the costs of taking them to court even if they lose. Who will pay your solicitor/court fee's etc?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is worse than the time Lowtax changed his name to Rich "South Park" CrankYankers

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is worse than the time Lowtax changed his name to Rich "South Park" CrankYankers

:lmdbo:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

From all possible pictures in the loving world it's the loving Hitler. The freaking Adolf Hitler himself! We demand that you pay us thousands of dollars because you posted a picture where our client poses as Adolf W. Hitler in full regalia doing a proper form full fledged Nazi salute.

loving hell Lowtax, instead of being so rude you should have hired these people to write front page articles for SA because this is one.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Palpek posted:

From all possible pictures in the loving world it's the loving Hitler. The freaking Adolf Hitler himself! We demand that you pay us thousands of dollars because you posted a picture where our client poses as Adolf W. Hitler in full regalia doing a proper form full fledged Nazi salute.

loving hell Lowtax, instead of being so rude you should have hired these people to write front page articles for SA because this is one.

It's not even hitler, it's some racist idiot who changed his name to hitler.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

big nipples big life posted:

Another Hitler fact: Hitler also changed his name to Hitler (from Schicklegruber).

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Geez, purity testing in this of all threads? Is there some sort of hitler one-drop rule going on here???

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Based on names work he is indeed Hitler. Maybe not the Hitler we need, but the Hitler we deserve. Yes indeed. Pikachu.

AllNewJonasSalk fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 7, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Based on names work he is indeed Hitler. Maybe not the Hitler we need, but the Hitler we deserve. Yes indeed. Pikachu.
Either you die a Hitler, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Hitler.

Either way, it's nothing but Hitlers in the graveyards.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Geez, purity testing in this of all threads? Is there some sort of hitler one-drop rule going on here???

If this dead gay forum is going down it needs to be the real thing and not some weak rear end new jersey hitler.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Let's head on over to McDonalds and have one of the hamburgers we grew up loving. With a super size and great price, they can't be beat!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Look I think that, in 2018, if you want to be hitler, you can be hitler.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Philthy posted:

Let's head on over to McDonalds and have one of the hamburgers we grew up loving. With a super size and great price, they can't be beat!
I love to eat them. In fact, let me post a picture of one right now:

I want to make it very clear that I love this hamburger in inverse proportion to how much I respect copyright holders, which is not at all!

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I was just thinking yesterday about the forums being almost twenty years old, glad I could be here to see it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

quote:

Higbee, who recently started offering a Copypants-like reverse-image search service through his firm’s own website, makes no apologies for his aggressive pursuit of all sorts of copyright infringement. “These cases settle outside of court in very high percentages,” he says. “Probably 75 to 80 percent of these cases that we take will resolve outside of court.” Those that do go before a judge are usually quickly resolved well before trial, he adds.

“Because copyright law is so clear and the facts are usually indisputable as to whether someone has taken an image without a license, it rarely goes to court, because there’s not much for the court to have to decide,” he says. “The parties know what they own and the parties know what they don’t own. The parties know what they took without a license and what they didn’t take.”

https://www.fastcompany.com/40494777/here-come-the-copyright-robots-for-hire-with-lawyers-in-tow

Also, he's very vocal about liking trump on his tweeter.

Pretty cool dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm suing numberoneposter for $42,000,000 USD

Not because of Hitler but because of his name. False advertising!

• Locked thread