Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
That is fairly awesome. Not allowed in Colorado, unfortunately, at least not in my city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Tendai posted:

I haven't done any other concentrates because nails and all that seem complicated and I am a cranky and lazy 35 year old who just wants to get high, but oil is really good. Just keep the voltage low on the battery and I don't get any coughing.

Buy an e-nail for $100 and leave it on 24/7. No need for torches.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Farmer in my town sells at the local dispensary for $12-15/g per for concentrates (wax shatter and crumble packaging spotted), seems good to me. No idea how much his flower costs. This is WA.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Prices have really gone down in SW Colorado over the last 3-4 months, I think Durango is finally reaching peak weed store saturation. Everybody's slashing prices on bud.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

The new pen really made my morning, and now I've got corn dogs in the oven so the day can only get better.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Tendai posted:

I always really wish I had a private pool when I smoke! I have gotten nicely baked and gone to the outdoor swimming pool about 10 miles away, when my roommate can drive. It's pretty fantastically fun. Beware of sunburn.

I've wondered what it's like to be high as a kite and step into a jacuzzi. it's gotta feel awesome

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah high swimming is good poo poo, just float and chill.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Being stoned and unrestrained by gravity is a+

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is some bullshit

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
#wrapped #pimpmyride

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
White lighters are bad luck. Think about everything that’s happened to you since you started using that lighter. You got played.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Going to be a lawsuit.

ed - how do you reverse the curse. I'll get someone to steal it

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 4, 2018

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I think you just have to buy a black lighter. Black lighters are good luck.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

plape tickler posted:

This is some bullshit

I found this out like a year or two ago and was crushed. I just keep using the lighters because the only color of lighters that are cursed is red.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I smoked for 25 years and I've never heard about the white lighter thing.

I do remember that you when you got a new pack you had to turn one cig upside down and this was your "lucky cigarette" and people would NOT let you bum it no matter what.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
people are weird

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bagmonkey posted:

I found this out like a year or two ago and was crushed. I just keep using the lighters because the only color of lighters that are cursed is red.

I've been using both a red and white lighter lately. Good thing I'm not superstitious. It repeats the phrase 3 times only.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I went to a bunch of dispensaries today and got an idea of how each of them are, what kind of stuff they have, prices, etc. Also got a bunch of free stuff and have enough weed to last me what feels like forever.

Also, there were a gently caress ton of strains I did not recognize at all. Post your fav and what it's like because I'm curious

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

bagmonkey posted:

I went to a bunch of dispensaries today and got an idea of how each of them are, what kind of stuff they have, prices, etc. Also got a bunch of free stuff and have enough weed to last me what feels like forever.

Also, there were a gently caress ton of strains I did not recognize at all. Post your fav and what it's like because I'm curious

Schwag is pretty good.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lemon Diesel remains my overall go to in terms of bud that's actually consistently available around here. Given the choice I will go for Kandy Kush if I can get it, the supply here is oddly erratic of that particular strain

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Durban Poison is a significantly different stain because it contains THC-V, which affects people very differently from normal THC. It's very clear-headed, almost no haze at all. I always get it when it's available. Otherwise my favorite strain is probably strawberry cough, the exact opposite. It's all haze, no clear.

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely
I’ve tried a bunch of strains over the last year because adult rec rules, and only OG Kush and Sour Diesel really stood out. All of it got me high, though, so no complaints.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

blue dream is one of my favorites

been thinking about growing some soon. have not tried growing marijuana in many years and last time i tried it was illegal and i was a 19 yo fuckup taping aluminum foil to the sides of a walkin closet and whatnot. but now i live in a legal place and im an adult who has successfully looked after many plants including raising some of them from birth so why not. no indoor closet/lighting dumbassery its just going to live outdoor in a nice pot next to my other herbs

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 6, 2018

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Blueberry Lemonade, and Blackberry Lime.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Is there any difference between medical cannabis and your usual recreational strains or is it all the same stuff?

I have some special queen at the moment. It's okay. Nothing special.

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity
My go-to strains are all the modern high terpene ones.

Things like Sunset Sherbert, Citrus Sap, Hasidic Grapes, GG4, Extreme Cream, Banana Cream, GSC, Papaya, Marmalade, Watermelon Zkittlez, etc.

What I’ve learned over the past 2 years of medical is that there’s a pretty big difference in flavor intensity between classic strains and the modern, bred for flavor ones.
Something like ECSD or White Widow is going to smell and taste nice, don’t get me wrong, but there’s a whole ‘nother level of flavor that seems to be genetic related, not just curing quality.

If you want specifics, look for high % of Limonene, Linalool, humulene, and maybe myrcene or b-caryophyllene. Flavor-wise, I’ve found myrcene, pinene, and caryophyllene seem to influence the earthy/piney/organic side, where the other listed ones are where you start to get variety.

So a strain with 1.75% myrcene, 0.25% limonene, 0.4% linalool, 0.5% caryophyllene, and 0.3% humulene will be pretty flavorful, leaning towards a sort of fruit flavor (in this case grapes) with a heavy earthy undercurrent and some light spiciness on top.

Where if limonene was at 0.75%, the strain would instead have a much stronger lemony flavor, which would totally shift the profile and probably give it a sour, lemon chemical overtone.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
All these new weed names suck

Mendo Punch
Blue Queen
Skittles x cookies x og x haze x fart
Fuckball sherbet
OG piss kush
Eat my rear end haze
Dog poo poo ok but dogshit is actually good though

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Is there any difference between medical cannabis and your usual recreational strains or is it all the same stuff?

It’s all from the same plant, the big difference will be in grow quality and testing, if it’s mandated where you are.

Anyone can get seeds from pretty much all the medical strains, maybe minus Hayleigh’s Hope, Charlotte’s Web, and the in-house crosses some dispensaries do.
But what you get with medical is (hopefully) an accurate listing of the strain, weighed properly, without contaminants.

If your state mandates Rec testing and has tons of rules though, there may be more equivalency between them.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

It's all the same stuff in the back room, you're just getting different prices. Also, if you find yourself in a dispensary with tiers (bronze, silver, gold, plat) of flowers, that's a supply decision, so the $260 ounce isn't anything other than one of the $120 ounces for twice the cost.

GG is the best strain, and did you know BIC makes coffee-colored lighters?

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity

DISCO KING posted:

All these new weed names suck

Mendo Punch
Blue Queen
Skittles x cookies x og x haze x fart
Fuckball sherbet
OG piss kush
Eat my rear end haze
Dog poo poo ok but dogshit is actually good though

Lol. All weed names are dumb as balls, to the point where some states mandate unique names (I know CT doesn’t allow street names for it’s medical). I think I’d prefer that method, as long as they’re going totally unique and not trying to make “clever” nods to street names.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Oh man this weekend is going to be awesome. I've had a jar of swamp water sitting in a dark space for three weeks now. I'm going to strain and evap the mix tonight or tomorrow.

It's got 14g of lightly vaped ABV so I'm pretty sure it will be potent and taste terrible. Can't wait!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there any feeling better than getting high right after getting home from work on your last work day of the week? I feel like in terms of long lasting, general satisfaction, it's basically the best thing

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm cleaning this new mouthpiece and crucible for the first time, am I god to just soak these in isopropyl for a while and then rub them clean?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I don't necessarily know if I'd trust Atmos stuff with a full soak - iso will eat through any plastics, rubbers or glues, so anything you put in there that isn't exclusively metal, ceramic or quartz could erode and/or foul the chamber. Should be good to q-tip the mouthpiece and airpath out, at least.

If it came with instructions see if it recommends iso or not, sometimes vape manuals actually make mention of it

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Tendai posted:

Is there any feeling better than getting high right after getting home from work on your last work day of the week? I feel like in terms of long lasting, general satisfaction, it's basically the best thing

Maybe one of those toe curling poops where your pants fit better after but yeah it's up there

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Tendai posted:

I'm trying to take a tolerance break for the first time and this is killing me :cry:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
cannot speak highly enough of getting stupid-stoned and watching Great British Baking Show

edit: get high enough that you lick honey off your wrist over your tattoo and have a moment of panic that it's going to rub off

Tendai fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 8, 2018

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
It's raining all day today and I want to go for a walk and smoke. This blows.
I don't own any rain jackets.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

It's raining all day today and I want to go for a walk and smoke. This blows.
I don't own any rain jackets.

Smoke some pcp and go naked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

DoombatINC posted:

I don't necessarily know if I'd trust Atmos stuff with a full soak - iso will eat through any plastics, rubbers or glues, so anything you put in there that isn't exclusively metal, ceramic or quartz could erode and/or foul the chamber. Should be good to q-tip the mouthpiece and airpath out, at least.

This isn't really accurate, different plastics have different reactions to various solvents. This website has an extensive list of plastics and their compatibility with various cleaning agents:

http://www.plasticsintl.com/plastics_chemical_resistence_chart.html

Of course you need to know exactly what plastics are used in whatever you're trying to clean.

quote:

If it came with instructions see if it recommends iso or not, sometimes vape manuals actually make mention of it

This, or email the manufacturer to see what they recommend if the manual isn't helpful