Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Thorfinn sailing to Vinland with hundreds of warriors he's aggroed chasing him forever

Vinland Saga any% new WR 185 chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

EmmyOk posted:

Thorfinn sailing to Vinland with hundreds of warriors he's aggroed chasing him forever

It's called speedrunning, mom

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Otoyomegatari!

Now with old timey camera.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh thank loving god someone picked Ad Astra again. I needed to see the Cannae throwdown!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/419669/1

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Oh thank loving god someone picked Ad Astra again. I needed to see the Cannae throwdown!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/419669/1

Hell yeah.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The insane shame of translating the whole series up to right before the encirclement at Cannae and then dropping it will haunt the families of the translators for generations

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Otoyomegatari!

Now I'm wondering if there was any more significance to Smith throwing away his original pocket watch outside of him venting his frustrations. It would have been too perfect if this had happened, but I half expected Talas to show up with the watch after acquiring it through a series of events. I guess it's just sitting in the dirt now tarnishing.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Brought To You By posted:

Now I'm wondering if there was any more significance to Smith throwing away his original pocket watch outside of him venting his frustrations. It would have been too perfect if this had happened, but I half expected Talas to show up with the watch after acquiring it through a series of events. I guess it's just sitting in the dirt now tarnishing.

i can't find the omake in which it occurred right now, but some random guy was shown finding it. the significance that this had, if any, has yet to be shown. i too figured it would feature into smith's return journey and a possible encounter with talas

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

blessed Hox for translating ad astra

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Mors Rattus posted:

Otoyomegatari!

I'm still so happy that Smith and Talas are back together :kimchi:.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

This is such a beautiful page.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i can't find the omake in which it occurred right now, but some random guy was shown finding it. the significance that this had, if any, has yet to be shown. i too figured it would feature into smith's return journey and a possible encounter with talas

It was definitely foreshadowing that hinted to readers the dream was still alive, but outside of that who knows. I do feel like maybe it was supposed to go somewhere concrete, but it might have been dropped at this point.

I suspect Mr Hawking (probably actually Hawkins on second glance) is designed to resemble this portrait of Roger Fenton, a British photographer who shot images of the Crimean War.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
New Otoyomegatari chapter, bringing us to current until August's hits the stands.

Not a lot of substance, but a little more character development for our friends Niklovski and Hawkins.

Looking forward to seeing some more interaction between Smith and Talas once they hit the road. She hasn't actually smiled this whole time since she first found him again! Granted, she's been through more than her fair share of heartbreak, so maybe it's to be expected she hasn't yet come to grips with her good fortune for a change, but it's a very striking difference between her current withdrawn and hesitant self and the playful side we saw when she put her head scarf on the goat, or the bashful but bright-eyed woman in love again we saw when she first owned up to her attraction to Smith, or the unbridled relief and giddiness when she found Smith again. I just want my precious children to be happy :saddowns:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New Ad Astra, where Hannibal makes the strategic decision that may have lost him the war

https://mangadex.org/chapter/424839/1

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This but also ohgodhairdownTalasI'mgay

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

New Otoyomegatari chapter, bringing us to current until August's hits the stands.

Not a lot of substance
The hell, that chapter was positively jam-packed with substance, even if it wasn't necessarily plot progression. I was focused on reading every single page, there was a ton of great character development for a preparatory chapter.

but also,

Rodyle posted:

This but also ohgodhairdownTalasI'mgay

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/431636/1

New Isaak :synpa:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Not a manga update but the Vinland Saga guy got to visit Iceland and had a good time.

https://twitter.com/makotoyukimura/status/1031286435964485632

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's adorable

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

:3:

He made an omake about his visit there before. I hope he got to see aurora borealis this time :swoon:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/437324/1

Congrats to Sigurd

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Can't wait to see how Thorfinn avoids fighting next month.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Every time I see a Vinland Saga update I'm really happy and excited get more of the adventures of Thorfin and Sigurd and the rest. Then I start reading and see Garm's dumb face and remember he exists and go, "Oh yeah... Him. Ugggh"

Which is a similar reaction to what I imagine the characters in the story having every time he pops up.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

poo poo, that was a short one.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

He's definitely got a concussion.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
sigurd has such good friends

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
A Bride's Story, horny horse edition :pervert:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I find your symbolism, disturbing.

If the horses really are supposed to foreshadow Smith and Talas' relationship, I don't like what they are foreshadowing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think they're just horses.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The Tennessee Stud loves the Tennessee Mare.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sometimes a horse is just a horse.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

On the other hand, this manga did previously have a sexy watermelon eating dream sequence

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

GlassEye-Boy posted:

gently caress that Heki guy though, useless.

:popeye:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Heki :black101:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He's gonna become a Great General.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee