Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wonder which periods of time, looking back from 50 years from now will be considered the golden age of videogames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

man if i could get a legitimate cascade of anecdotes of how you hosed up an older siblings videogame that could arguably be the funniest thing i’ve ever done

al-azad
May 28, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I was kind of expecting the xbone to come around as people realized that it was a fine console despite the marketing shittiness like what happened with the ps3 but it never happened

I'm never getting an xbox though so whatever

Microsoft made right by just saying gently caress it and making all their games cross platform. The Xbox console can't stand up to Sony or Nintendo but combined they don't stand up to Windows.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cheetah7071 posted:

I was kind of expecting the xbone to come around as people realized that it was a fine console despite the marketing shittiness like what happened with the ps3 but it never happened

I'm never getting an xbox though so whatever

It's a completely pointless console if you have literally anything else that plays games

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the ps3 was a marketing disaster for being a ridiculously overpriced system that didn't have a lot to play at launch but the xbox one was a marketing disaster for everything about its initial announcement saying it would be literally the worst console imaginable and then years into launch microsoft hosed over a few different big exclusive titles they had coming up so i'm not totally surprised people never came around to liking it

and yeah the xbox one just ended up, never getting any real exclusives aside from like, sunset overdrive. while the ps3 over its life got a ton and a lot of them still haven't been ported to newer systems yet

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Colonel posted:

the ps3 was a marketing disaster for being a ridiculously overpriced system that didn't have a lot to play at launch but the xbox one was a marketing disaster for everything about its initial announcement saying it would be literally the worst console imaginable and then years into launch microsoft hosed over a few different big exclusive titles they had coming up so i'm not totally surprised people never came around to liking it

and yeah the xbox one just ended up, never getting any real exclusives aside from like, sunset overdrive. while the ps3 over its life got a ton and a lot of them still haven't been ported to newer systems yet

What are you talking about, Scalebound is going to be the console-selling hit of 2024

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

put sunset overdrive on steam, cowards

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

corn in the bible posted:

What are you talking about, Scalebound is going to be the console-selling hit of 2024

eagerly awaiting phantom dust 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hero of the kingdom ii was very chill. i need more chill laptop games. i guess i got staxel in the humble monthly so i could try that

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

put sunset overdrive on steam, cowards

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

sunset overdrive is their longterm plan for the xbone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
KCB's mouse is missing and I gave her the mouse I use in the meantime so she doesn't have to use her laptop's trackpad since she hates those things.

I'm learning how to use the numpad to move around an on-screen cursor, but boy is it finicky lol, I can't figure out why sometimes the 5 key is left click and sometimes it is right click, why sometimes Enter is left click and other times it does nothing, and why the plus key is right click sometimes but other times it does nothing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's kinda funny having to watch my mouse cursor build up speed before it can reach its destination lol

It's like a car just gently moving along and then zooom vroom little does he know that Cursor X is actually his older brother Rex Cursor

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey! Persona hasn't come to PC! And Yakuza K2-6 aren't confirmed for PC yet. PS4 + PC is the way to go, imo.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Exclusives suck

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Taintrunner posted:

hey! Persona hasn't come to PC! And Yakuza K2-6 aren't confirmed for PC yet. PS4 + PC is the way to go, imo.

yakuza kiwami is confirmed for pc and they're doing remasters for 3-5 so if kiwami 2 gets confirmed then those are basically all confirmed too

also i don't want to ever look at a modern persona game again except maybe p3p

i would get a ps4 to play bloodborne though probably

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
look what i found!

and then i died

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
how does a mouse go missing, i dont think i've unplugged my mouse since i bought it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Doorknob Slobber posted:

how does a mouse go missing
Maybe it ran up a clock and got lost.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

how does a mouse go missing, i dont think i've unplugged my mouse since i bought it

Wireless mouse for a laptop. She put it in her laptop bag, at some point she misplaced it when she was coming back from her mom's house so either it's somewhere in the car but it is too dark to see or it is somewhere at her mom's place but she doesn't want to wake them up just to call about if they see the mouse

al-azad
May 28, 2009

A Nintendo console plus midline PC, the one true path for the past 20 years

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
3 zones into Wildstar and so far it just feels like a significant downgrade from my main game, FFXIV, and even the other side MMOs I've been dabbling in with ESO and SWTOR. The questing is quick and fluid but just feels really cheap.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Wait what new Bishi Bashi

it was a Japanese arcade cabinet with a copyright date of 2018... Bishi Bashi Channel i think

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Verranicus posted:

3 zones into Wildstar and so far it just feels like a significant downgrade from my main game, FFXIV, and even the other side MMOs I've been dabbling in with ESO and SWTOR. The questing is quick and fluid but just feels really cheap.

eso is so bad, wildstar is def better than eso. thats not saying much though

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Doorknob Slobber posted:

eso is so bad, wildstar is def better than eso. thats not saying much though

I disagree 100%. ESO is polished and feels like a really long, single player Elder Scrolls game. Wildstar feels floaty and cheap and the only thing it really has going for it is the aesthetic.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the level scaling they added to ESO made the overworld feel kind of pointless to me, the dungeons in that game aren't great either so idk what's left

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

the level scaling they added to ESO Skyrim made the overworld feel kind of pointless to me, the dungeons in that game aren't great either so idk what's left

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Verranicus posted:

I disagree 100%. ESO is polished and feels like a really long, single player Elder Scrolls game. Wildstar feels floaty and cheap and the only thing it really has going for it is the aesthetic.

eso feels floaty and cheap to me :shrug:. it feels nothing like a single player elder scrolls game at all that plus the level scaling for everything just makes me kind of go 'meh' and uninstall every time someone tells me its great and i try it again. Combat especially is just absolutely the most boring thing, they tried to do action combat but really hosed it up

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you like the Elder Scrolls setting it's pretty fun to wander around a larger portion of it in ESO.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah sure, but like, more

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Andrast posted:

I thought the story in Warcraft 3 was the raddest poo poo when I was 13.

I'm never going to replay it because it will inevitably be terrible

its dumb as hell but arthas putting on the lich king helm and saying "now we are one" is still cool to me

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Looper posted:

it was a Japanese arcade cabinet with a copyright date of 2018... Bishi Bashi Channel i think

Maaaannnnn freaking Konami. They had this brilliant game and never brought it to the US presumably because they were worried it would be too weird for Americans... and then Warioware comes along

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lmao this onscreen cursor thing is bad. Now the computer has decided that the cursor exists but no matter what happens, the cursor will be invisible, so it is essentially useless.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think im going to install a bunch of hidden object games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Good.

Artifex Mundi ones own

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 8, 2018

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I really really wanna believe that out there, somewhere, some kid asked their parents for dark souls and the parents gave them this

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When is the official WoW vanilla server going live.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gently caress that, alpha WoW was one of the greatest, most immersive games ever made. Vanilla ruined it by catering to casuals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

homeless snail posted:

playing theme hospital, this game is still sick

I beat it for the first time a few days back, it's aged surprisingly well despite some obvious issues. It also wasn't quite as difficult as I remembered, or maybe I've simply grown more powerful over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho5IL-aEAME

• Locked thread