Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It being a picture of a guy cosplaying Hitler in front of a festive, lighted fountain is really the cherry on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Lowtax posted:

Our old friends, Higbee and Associates, the law firm which makes around $5 million a year doing reverse image searches and then attempting to scare webmasters by threatening to sue them for thousands of dollars over poo poo they are absolutely and in no way responsible for, has attempted to run yet another shakedown on yours truly (me) (Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka) (yours truly). About a decade or so ago, they threatened to sue me because somebody linked to an image of sausage on the forums. Then, about half a decade ago, they threatened to sue me because we used a screencap of a movie for a movie review. Now they're apparently threatening to sue me because one of you assholes linked to Hitler.

OH NO ITS HITLER ON IMGUR, gently caress YOU RICH "LOWTAX" KYANKA, GIVE US CASH FOR YOUR IMGUR HITLER. While in the past I might've chosen Leonard "J" Crabs (the "J" stands for "He's Really A Great Lawyer!") to represent me, I felt the more direct approach might be required for a law firm of this nature, as I wanted my message to come across as clearly as possible regarding my own personal opinions of their law firm. After several hours, possibly days, of extensive writing and thorough editing, I settled on this for my response.
Will Something Awful live to celebrate its 20th anniversary, rapidly approaching next month? Or will self destructive hubris lead to my ultimate downfall? STAY TUNED AS I FIGHT FOR HITLER'S RIGHTS WITH HIGBEE AND ASSOCIATES!!!

loving Hitler of all things. How can regular idiot goons like me help, Lowtax?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Reply of the Zaporozhian Lowtax

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I think Hitler is the real victim here.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm hiring Hucklebee associates to sue YOU, op, for MAKING A lovely THREAD.

How do you like that?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hell, same

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ahh a new place to shitpost

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Seems like everybody has sued Lowtax these days. I'm tempted to file a trivial lawsuit for $1 just to say that I, too, have sued Lowtax.

I promise to take him out for waffles after for his troubles.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lowtax is hosed, if there is one thing held sacred under the terms of US Constitution, it's the sovereign ownership of one's own Hitler cosplay pics.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

lol their Glendale office is the IHOP/Applebee's support center

Also, their Yelp:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-law-firm-of-higbee-and-associates-santa-ana

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 8, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Egbert Souse posted:

lmao

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

veni veni veni posted:

It being a picture of a guy cosplaying Hitler in front of a festive, lighted fountain is really the cherry on top.

Yeah. Its not even a very good Hitler. Just kind've vaguely like the guy.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Glassdoor:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Higbee-and-Associates-Reviews-E499893.htm

quote:

I worked at Higbee & Associates part-time
Pros
Easy work, casual attire, and dog- friendly.
Cons
I don't really know why but many of the people who work here do not seem to be happy. Yes, I saw some general cheerfulness and morale but overall, no one said hello or even smiled at me even if after I introduced myself and greeted them day after day. They were just often very rude and exclusive.
Advice to Management
Please stop belittling and talking to people as if they are so far beneath you and not worthy of your time. Please stop being rude and insincere to people, you have no idea how much it can affect someone.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
So Lowtax, have you contacted the Electronic Frontier Foundation yet? Those folks would probably love to bone some predatory lawyers.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I can confirm that Higbee and Associates are cowards who require manual approval for youtube comments on their videos. Really shameful stuff.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

More like makes-me-sickbee and rear end in a top hat-iates

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rich "Gotenks" Kyanka

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'd like to point out that the infringing photo of my client doesn't show him performing a Nazi salute. Adolf Hitler is only showing how high the fountain water can reach.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I'll do my best posting Hitler images.

And this *HYAAH* is my Super Aryan 2 form.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Egbert Souse posted:

Also, their Yelp:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-law-firm-of-higbee-and-associates-santa-ana

quote:

I honestly have no idea who the people giving this place 5 stars are, but I'm sure they are either paid or fake reviews.

Ya think? The pictures on the 5 star reviews look like stock pictures.

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

lowtax you should trademark hitlers balls so every time someone talks about them they owe you 5 dollars

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
This made me laugh:

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

sabbathi posted:

Challenge them to trial by combat, I will be your champion. Not even bullets can stop me

I would like to also volunteer as tribute. :commissar:
Glory to Lowtax!
Glory to SomethingAvska!

Sentinel fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 8, 2018

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
"spend a TON of money sanitizing their SEO results so all the negative poo poo about them doesn't come up first"

They failed. Half way through the OP I googled "Is higbee and associates a bunch of dirt bags?" First match was to a forum discrediting online shakedowns, posts from about a year ago.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Scum bags like this are the ducking worst.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Turtlicious posted:

Scum bags like this are the ducking worst.

I HATE DUCKS SO MUCH

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

saved by the death of waffleimages!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FCKGW posted:

saved by the death of waffleimages!

lol

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Rahu posted:

I can confirm that Higbee and Associates are cowards who require manual approval for youtube comments on their videos. Really shameful stuff.

I would like to rescind my accusation of cowardice here. They let my comment through and replied to it. :thumbsup:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

DogonCrook posted:

Yeah my shop was next to a famous photographers that he looks up to and next to another photo gallery that has a big yearly party thats mostly were i see him. This is specifically the crowd im referring to and lol when they find out this peice of poo poo preys on creatives.. I guess i should probably find out how much money hes throwing around first haha. Ill ask around for any embarrassing stories about him too. Rich people love to dash their lives to pieces loving some art hobo at a party or get up to some sex weird poo poo ill check around. I know someone im pretty sure he was trying to gently caress. I really only remember him because i remember thinking he was only buying something from me to impress her and because she would be working on it. I even had a issue at the time and he talked me up in front of her how he would help me and gave me his card i went to his office and he was suddenly not very helpful or cheap haha.

These two facts are running through my head and making me lol to myself repeatedly. Wannabe important photographer man is so proud of his hitler cosplay by a fountain photo that he is suing the internet lmao

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

We need more YouTube comments people. And Yelp reviews. Our way of life is under attack. I did my part.

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 8, 2018

AllmyFrench78
Apr 16, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Off topic, what plans you going to have for the 20th anniversary of the website, if it happens.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Xenocides posted:

We need more YouTube comments people. And Yelp reviews. Our way of life is under attack. I did my part.

They will just contact Yelp and get those removed for brigading since they're all from same day. People need to space them out more. Come back a week later to Yelp.

The lawyer dude is truly living the life. No need for a big office, hard work, or any staff training. Hire people off the street for minimum wage to do reverse image searches and send form letters with his name on it. He doesn't need to do any lawyering or be in court ever. Just print his Law Firm's stamp on thousands of ransom letters that get sent out. Apparently enough to make $5 mil a year.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 8, 2018

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Xenocides posted:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

AllmyFrench78 posted:

Off topic, what plans you going to have for the 20th anniversary of the website, if it happens.

Hoping for a video tour of Lowtax’s tomb.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

hahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
lol these fuckers operate about 20 blocks from where i live

• Locked thread