Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Luck all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A guy in my league needs to drop either Garcon or Jimmy G (his worst 2 players) to fill his last defensive player slot.

I was thinking of offering him a late 2019 pick for one of them, since he will surely do that rather than dropping them for nothing.

Would you drop anyone off this team for either of them? And which one should I target? It's a 0.5 PPR league.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RCarr posted:

A guy in my league needs to drop either Garcon or Jimmy G (his worst 2 players) to fill his last defensive player slot.

I was thinking of offering him a late 2019 pick for one of them, since he will surely do that rather than dropping them for nothing.

Would you drop anyone off this team for either of them? And which one should I target? It's a 0.5 PPR league.

Is rather have G than Cohen in that spot since you can use G when Big Ben is on the road, where he sucks. Cohen is your RB6 and would probably never be used.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Got my first trade offer of the season, his Ronald Jones II for my Randall Cobb. Not sure if I should do it as I was planning on starting mixon, Lamar Miller and Kamara this week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

Is rather have G than Cohen in that spot since you can use G when Big Ben is on the road, where he sucks. Cohen is your RB6 and would probably never be used.

I should drop Cohen over Morris?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Got my first trade offer of the season, his Ronald Jones II for my Randall Cobb. Not sure if I should do it as I was planning on starting mixon, Lamar Miller and Kamara this week.

Why would you want the bucs 3rd RB on the depth chart?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Ronald Jones is worthless.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RCarr posted:

I value Morris over Cohen. Others might not.

Unrelated: the Steelers-Browns game is going to be a sloppy and windy mess.

https://wp.me/p14QSB-aHPS

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sounds like that's going to be delayed.

long enough for Bell to show up!

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Facing James Conner in all my leagues this week so the jerk me wants Bell to give up, but the real me wants Bell to make those fuckers pay him.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

A gadget player who is mainly going to get return yards over a 2 down RB? Uh yes

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
How do people feel about Allen Hurns as a WR4/FLEX this week? I haven't heard much about his performance since moving to Dallas. I know it's not a great move but my other options are all facing the Vikes defense or part of the Jets RB cluster so I'm giving Hurns some consideration.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

A gadget player who is mainly going to get return yards over a 2 down RB? Uh yes

Has he been used much at all this preseason? Do we know what he's going to be aside from someone who occasionally lines up in the slot?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Which QB would you rather have? Watson or Luck? 6 pt passing TDs.

Watson

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

nvm

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 8, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Has he been used much at all this preseason? Do we know what he's going to be aside from someone who occasionally lines up in the slot?

Not really. All his hype pretty much got blown away when Nagy came out saying Howard is a solid 3rd down back.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Howard was there last year and Cohen still did great. I don’t see why that is guaranteed to change.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/TDickman89/status/1038099246040449024

Gentlemen.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Howard was there last year and Cohen still did great. I don’t see why that is guaranteed to change.

Did great like as a real NFL player or in fantasy? After week 3, he totaled 440 yards from scrimmage, 33 catches, and 2 touchdowns. That's not great. Maybe you worked up the nerve to start him week 3 after his usage the first two weeks, but you would've been crazy to start him week 1 or probably week 2 and he was riding your bench the rest of the season.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Alfalfa posted:

Not really. All his hype pretty much got blown away when Nagy came out saying Howard is a solid 3rd down back.

Nobody has really seen what the Bears are this preseason. I consume Chicago sports media regularly and nobody really knows what to expect out of that offense.

RCarr posted:

Great is an overstatement. He was a non-factor for 75% of the games he played in. A lot of his hype was from his strong start to the season. He's a good player, but he never looked as good as Howard.

Having said that, everyone was mismanaged last year and he could absolutely blow up this year.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

My perspective is Cohen's value depends highly on return scoring. I'm in some leagues with 10 return yards to a point scoring, and there he's (and lockett) are probably low RB/wr 1s with potential upside if they have a bigger role in the offense.

I'd expect similar YFS as last season - 700, maybe 800. 2-6 TD. 6-10 opportunities per game between carries and targets feels reasonable.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

What did you do. Only watch the first 2-3 weeks on repeat the entire year?

That or you didn’t own any shares of Cohen like I did.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

.5 PPR

Just traded Amari Cooper and Jordy Nelson for Tyreek Hill. :snoop:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Nope, I'm holding on to them for that exact reason.

I can't justify holding a second DST, but if the Broncos look like crap or Oakland looks good I might make the switch next week. I'm tempted to do it now but Green Bay is obviously a nasty threat.

Alfalfa posted:

Yeah it's an interesting result. I'll give him a week or so to see how he's used. If he ends up being some kind of high upside receiving threat it could be great, but if not he ceiling will be capped and I'll just end up looking elsewhere. He's my RB4 anyway.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

.5 PPR

Just traded Amari Cooper and Jordy Nelson for Tyreek Hill. :snoop:

I don't know if I like that trade. If Oakland is a dumpster fire then you win, but I'm higher on Nelson than most.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't know if I like that trade. If Oakland is a dumpster fire then you win, but I'm higher on Nelson than most.

I've owned Cooper in the past and wasn't a fan, and I'm a huge Tyreek fan. I wanted to upgrade my WR1 and I was ok with giving up Jordy because we have short benches so there are some decent guys on the wire, and I needed the open roster spot with one of my IDP guys suspended.

K: Will Lutz

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I think Cooper for Hill is a lateral trade this year.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

RCarr posted:

I think Cooper for Hill is a lateral trade this year.

Dude, relax with the awful takes.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I admit the Cohen take was rose tinted nostalgia from the first 2 games last year. I just remembered him being the talk of the town, and didn’t follow his stats the rest of the year.

But Cooper is a talented WR due for a bounce back season, and Hill went from having an MVP caliber QB (whether it was a fluke or not), to a QB in his first year as a starter.

It’s not crazy to think Cooper scores more fantasy points this year.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

I admit the Cohen take was rose tinted nostalgia from the first 2 games last year. I just remembered him being the talk of the town, and didn’t follow his stats the rest of the year.

But Cooper is a talented WR due for a bounce back season, and Hill went from having an MVP caliber QB (whether it was a fluke or not), to a QB in his first year as a starter.

It’s not crazy to think Cooper scores more fantasy points this year.

Cohen was a very early and bright flash in the pan last season and I bit hard. He was not utilized well afterward by John Fox. I’m hoping for Cohen’s sake that Nagy can use him more creatively but I have no shares of the guy.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
In my experience Hill will get you 4 points or 25 which can be aggravating when you need 15 points and it's a game where he's not targeted

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Cooper will outscore Hill this year in probably every format.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I decided to keep Watson over Luck. One of the Colts homers in my league really wanted Luck. So I traded away Luck, Doyle, and Cole Beasley for Edelman, Crabtree, and Kerryon Johnson. 14 team PPR league. Really hoping Kerryon comes through because my RB2 slot is dire.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Y'all are way too low on Hill or too high on Cooper. Gruden isn't going to help Cooper meet his potential; he'll definitely bounce back from last year but I doubt he quite reaches the level of production he had his first two. Hill caught every pass from Mahomes this preseason and looks set to continue balling out hard. For the supposed boom/bust of Hill, he had over 60 yards 10 games, and had 5 or more catches in three more that he had only around 40 yards. The dude scored fewer than 8 points in full PPR just once.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Alright, I’ll bite because I’m intrigued. How is Cooper going to outperform his ADP? OAK doesn’t have a scary ground game, Cooper has glaring problems with concentration and not watching the ball in. I get that Crabtree is gone and Carr is a decent QB, but is that enough? Is there more I’m missing?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I stayed far away from Oakland players because Gruden is in charge and who knows what dumbass decisions he's going to make

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Cooper is perfectly fine for his ADP.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Keith Atherton posted:

I stayed far away from Oakland players because Gruden is in charge and who knows what dumbass decisions he's going to make

this is the correct opinion. No OAK players are safe starts this year, that team will be a garbage fire.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Dont get me wrong, I own some shares of Cooper and would love it if the off-season narrative about a comeback season comes true, but I doubt it. The Gruden experience is going to really gently caress us up.

Hill is one of the fastest WRs in the league on an Andy Reid offense with a rocket-armed gunslinger under center. Reid showed that he knows how to use Hill last year and I don't see why that would change this year. If anything Mahomes is a better fit for what they're trying to do than Alex Smith was, so they'll be explosive even taking into account the inevitable rookie mistakes. Not to mention that KC's defense is going to be bad, so they'll be forced to sling it whether they want to or not.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Mikey Purp posted:

Hill is one of the fastest WRs in the league

Hill is the fastest player in the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Amari for Hill in 0.5 PPR is probably a wash but taking that wash and putting an empty hole on your roster instead of the roster slot clog that is 2018 Jordy Nelson is a drat win.