Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

No idea if this is your issue but when I set up my PS4 about 3 years ago it turned out (best I could tell) my IP was in a block banned for spamming or hacking. Think the failure point was an email with a link to verify my new PSN account; had to forward it to a friend to click on or do it from a phone or something and it worked fine once I was past that. Try the process from a different connection if that's at all practical?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
So Strange Brigade is quite swell.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does Frozen Wilds not come with new skills, or do they only unlock after entering the new area? (I haven't finished the vanilla story yet)

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Rinkles posted:

Does Frozen Wilds not come with new skills, or do they only unlock after entering the new area? (I haven't finished the vanilla story yet)

If you have four skill trees, the traveler tree is the one from the DLC. It should unlock as soon as the frozen wilds is installed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Unreal_One posted:

If you have four skill trees, the traveler tree is the one from the DLC. It should unlock as soon as the frozen wilds is installed.

Oh... I overlooked it

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

James Woods Fan posted:

So Strange Brigade is quite swell.

More details, please. You're not the first to come and pipe up, but the scores are so, so bad.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. Part of me wants to get in on the hype train but I think I'm gonna wait until I've got the itch to play something like it. It sounds like a solid entry into a genre I'm kind of exhausted by right now, but hey in a few months it might sound great and will probably only cost 20 bux.

lmao if you have 4k anything buy this poo poo now.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Fix posted:

More details, please. You're not the first to come and pipe up, but the scores are so, so bad.

It has a 73 on Metacritic. It's very much a 7/10 game. Designed by the team that made Zombie Army Trilogy. Go through a campaign with up to three other players with each level having enemies, horde, puzzles and bosses. Also has a horde mode. The gunplay is...alright. The guns sound weak as hell unfortunately but the mechanics themselves are fine. It's the whole package that makes it click for me. I like the traps, loot and teamwork. A downside to consider is that some players appear to not be able to figure out some extremely simple poo poo, like how to get a boss into weakened state so you can damage it. Like Left 4 Dead or the Vermintide games if your team is total poo poo you're gonna get frustrated and probably not be able to beat the level. I am having some good fun with it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

James Woods Fan posted:

It has a 73 on Metacritic. It's very much a 7/10 game. Designed by the team that made Zombie Army Trilogy. Go through a campaign with up to three other players with each level having enemies, horde, puzzles and bosses. Also has a horde mode. The gunplay is...alright. The guns sound weak as hell unfortunately but the mechanics themselves are fine. It's the whole package that makes it click for me. I like the traps, loot and teamwork. A downside to consider is that some players appear to not be able to figure out some extremely simple poo poo, like how to get a boss into weakened state so you can damage it. Like Left 4 Dead or the Vermintide games if your team is total poo poo you're gonna get frustrated and probably not be able to beat the level. I am having some good fun with it.

I'd say this was a bad review, but honestly, it's average. You lost me at the gunplay was dot dot dot.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Ooh spear mods.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Please help I can’t stop swinging around doing side things instead of being a good Spider-Guy and working on the story.

Rinkles posted:

Ooh spear mods.

Embrace the spear! I used it for 50% of my combat in the dlc and it was so powerful and fun. It’s a little hard to get the hang of but once you do it’s the best thing.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Few hours into Spiderman and really enjoying so far. Swinging and combat are amazing! The Ubisoft open world isn't the most innovative but it's been a while since I played one of those. Love the side activity where you take photos of the city.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Is this a happy coincidence with the texture on the mask or can spidey actually snort coke in this game?

turns out one of the stickers (wide web, I think?) makes an excellent white powder texture at its smallest size

photo mode is a game in and of itself

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I knew you would love it by the way because the game is refreshingly upbeat and FUN. It has a great message and contrasts well with all the morally grey dark games I’m always playing.

Honestly, thank god for Spiderman. I'm enjoying this so much, it's just fun and light gaming. Been going all day. Great stuff.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

With Gameshare, it’d be totally possible to essentially split the cost of the game with someone or a small group and share the login info for whatever account it’s on, right?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh they've always had kind of a close relationship with each other back in the PS2 with R&C and Sly Cooper

Insomniac went bankrupt because of Disruptor, and Sucker Punch started out as a Microsoft studio. Holy poo poo, look at them now!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

No idea if this is your issue but when I set up my PS4 about 3 years ago it turned out (best I could tell) my IP was in a block banned for spamming or hacking. Think the failure point was an email with a link to verify my new PSN account; had to forward it to a friend to click on or do it from a phone or something and it worked fine once I was past that. Try the process from a different connection if that's at all practical?

I tried from my work machine with a different public IP just for the hell of it. Same response. My account's email address isn't even getting verification email's sent to it any longer.

https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Other people see "Gaming and Social" as orange right? It's not just me? I'm surprised no one is talking about this online. It's been orange like that for 90% of yesterday and still continuing into today.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Played the first few hours of Dragon Quest, what an absurdly charming game, I love how the brightness settings tell you to choose whatever you think looks best rather than adjusting to some random images visibility, the music isn't too impressive but its amazing to hear southern england regional accents in a japanese rpg

anyway spiderman just dropped through the post so thats the rest of my afternoon sorted

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

JBP posted:

Honestly, thank god for Spiderman. I'm enjoying this so much, it's just fun and light gaming. Been going all day. Great stuff.

Every time I stop playing I instantly miss it and want more.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

LODGE NORTH posted:

With Gameshare, it’d be totally possible to essentially split the cost of the game with someone or a small group and share the login info for whatever account it’s on, right?

One person, and there's always stories of people being banned.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Goddamn it you guys I have Kiwami 2 and Neir and a bunch of VR stuff waiting for me and you’re making me want to by Spider-Man.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Spider-Man rocks!!!!

also anyone who uses fast travel in it ever is a monster

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

How big's the city? Say compared to infamous second son's Seattle.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Between spider man and DQ11 it was a good week for chill games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I now have all the surveillance towers done. Goodness swinging in this game is magical! I love doing all the cool swing tricks and web grabbing. It is exhilarating!

Sadly I have to put it on pause to do outside of the house tasks but I am eager to get back to it. I took a few great photos that I would love to share too! :D

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What :confused:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

i know, its a complete oversight. but i think they can still fix it in the full release.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah well mind telling me?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

In MM games if you jump against a door you stay suspended in midair while going through it.

Its one of those details that is IIRC consistent in all games including spinoffs

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

In MM games if you jump against a door you stay suspended in midair while going through it.

Its one of those details that is IIRC consistent in all games including spinoffs

Oh. I hope they keep it that way :mmmhmm:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My god, the batting cages in Kiwami 2 are impossible

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
This sniper boss in Death's Gambit is absolutely awful.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What is the story reason for collecting pigeons in Spider-man?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Much like a spider, Spider-Man is carnivorous.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Safeword posted:

This sniper boss in Death's Gambit is absolutely awful.

You can dodgeroll through the snipes and I think in fact you have to time it that way.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

RareAcumen posted:

My god, the batting cages in Kiwami 2 are impossible

I have only tried the batting cage in zero but they were a nightmare much like the persona 5 batting.

I'm enjoying Spiderman but I have a lingering feeling I should have my fun for a week and then sell it on, its been neat but not mind blowing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Finally got to the part in Spiderman that they showed off at E3 (not the prison escape, but the construction site)

Despite them having shown that entire section at E3, it was a loving BLAST to play through, especially the entire helicopter sequence. drat did that feel cool to play

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I already have unlocked half the towers and I have barely progressed the main story. Spider-Man’s movement is just too good.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Escobarbarian posted:

Spider-Man rocks!!!!

also anyone who uses fast travel in it ever is a monster

You should fast travel sometimes because then you ride the subway and get to chill with a Spider-Man impersonator, or let someone have the thrilling experience of sleeping on Spider-Man’s shoulder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

They belonged to some sad guy’s dead wife