Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Anyone ever brought a rare item they need only it turns out the level requirement is higher than you thought so you put it in your rares tab for later and...you already had one in there. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have absolutely bought items i didnt realize i couldnt use yet but not the 2nd part

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

ShutteredIn posted:

I haven’t seen a single Delve city, what depths are people typically finding them?

Ive got a vaal one with 3 nodes in it in the mid 40's but the node I have leading to it keeps bugging out.

The encounter is the ghost bears that reanimate the big bear skeleton as you kill them, but my minions keep killing the ghost bears too far away from the skeleton to get it to reanimate. Took out all my specter support gems last night, and it still didnt complete the node. Going to keep trying as it would be a giant pain in the rear end to go all the way around it. I guess I'm going to keep cutting minions and support gems till it works.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I've gone to buy specific rares only to find I was selling exactly what I needed myself multiple times

nerox
May 20, 2001

euphronius posted:

Here is a good delve crafting info page

http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Delve

I wish someone smarter than me would make a website where you can select up to 4 fossils and it would show the modifiers that would be available/blocked per a certain slot.

The information is there, its just gotta be parsed somehow.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

ShutteredIn posted:

I haven’t seen a single Delve city, what depths are people typically finding them?

Once I got past 200 I have started seeing them a lot more. Though for now I am not doing them until they patch out the bug where the stairs don't open up sometimes.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

TheRat posted:

I've gone to buy specific rares only to find I was selling exactly what I needed myself multiple times

I keep waiting for my own item to show up in my search results, but it has yet to happen.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Cinara posted:

Once I got past 200 I have started seeing them a lot more. Though for now I am not doing them until they patch out the bug where the stairs don't open up sometimes.

I read that this happens when there's already an open one in your instance. Like this:

Bad: Send cart to first City. Click button, stairs open. Complete City #1. Click on cart and send it to City #2. Click button to open stairs, nothing happens.

Better: Send cart to first City. Click button, stairs open. Complete City #1. Force a new chunk to load by taking the cart somewhere higher up. Go back to the chunk that has the cities and go to City #2.

I haven't tested this explicitly, but when I tried to do two cities in a row the second failed. Then I ran out of Sulphite and when I came back for the third it loaded just fine so it's at least a thought.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ak Gara posted:

Anyone ever brought a rare item they need only it turns out the level requirement is higher than you thought so you put it in your rares tab for later and...you already had one in there. :eng99:

I know every single high level item in my stash because its either worth a lot of money or I vendor it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm definitely going to roll a non-crit BV. I saw a guide somewhere for a poison BV Pathfinder. Think that would be good, or should I just copy griftsarefun?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Duck and Cover posted:

Well you did it wrong the whole idea is to buff the herald with poo poo like the coming calamity and the extra herald effectiveness. Going necro? Man what a snooze. Necro is lame because it's the obvious choice for any minion build. You could make the build play differently by applying poison with flicker strike or something. Maybe use wasp nests or oro's and take advantage of the minion damage nodes effect you node. I'll probably try it at some point.
I should reword - I did a BV Necro, who also happened to have both heralds running for Incidental Goons, and a ton of minion damage nodes. Surprisingly effective and fun, not just sitting back and letting minions do the work (that always bores me).

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Dahbadu's Dominating Bros Guardian Summoner Build (finalized version)

Here's my current character/gear exported at level 89 (not fully itemized): https://pastebin.com/rkc1wqCL

Here is an example of a fully scaled version of the character, with chase items/affixes, slightly different gear/uniques (compared to my current), at level 96: https://pastebin.com/7B5WkAtV

It steamrolls most everything I've put it against up to T10 (my current progress), and I only see it picking up more steam with better itemization (read: jewels and better rare gear).

Uniques:
- Chaber Cairn (weapon)
- Kaom's Heart (chest)
- Darkness Enthroned (belt)
- Windshriek (boots)
- Carnage Heart (amulet, for life leech)
- Warlord's Reach (jewel, cheap)
- Unnatural Instinct (unnecessary, expensive)

Budget Options:
- Geofri's Legacy (helm, which you can use until you can get an uber Bone Helm)
- Perseverance (belt, which you can use to get free Onslaught until you can collect great jewels and resist cap your rare slots for a Darkness Enthroned belt)
- Any chest with life/resists. If you decide to use a chest with sockets instead of a Koam's it actually may be more powerful. This will let you devote more sockets to Holy Relic and/or Herald of Purity. Note that a tricked out Holy Relic paired with Geofri's Legacy is the bees knees. I use Kaom's because it made up for my other uniques that didn't have life and 6-linking something else seemed like a chore.

Notes:
- I switched over to Dominating Blow from Smite. I dropped Zombies, Spectres and Skeletons. It's way stronger now. I also got lucky and 6-linked my Chaber Cairn hammer. And holy-poo poo, does that hammer wreck face with Dominating Blow!
- Compared to a decent amount of builds, the core of it is pretty cheap (if you consider a Chaber Cairn and Kaom's Heart cheap) and has a lot of room for scaling upwards. Without ideal items and just some jewels (which you can realistically create via transmute/chaos spam), I can see it putting out some massive damage. However, if you want to dump a ton of currency and time into the build to get all those ideal items/affixes... the sky's the limit.
- Once I clear all the content, I'll post some videos. It's probably the most powerful original character I've played, and most importantly, the funnest character I've made in a long time.

Build weaknesses:
- Your movement skill is Consecrated Path, which is awesome when there's monsters around and not awesome when there isn't. With no monsters, you mostly run around with your Quicksilver. Good news is, your rare Dominating Blow sentinels can sometimes buff you with crazy Headhunter-like speed buffs. Feel free to pick up the Alchemist nodes for better flasks and extra clear speed.
- You don't have Kaom's Roots for Uber Elder.
- Depending on how the boss fight is scripted or structured, it may take a few seconds to get your Bros up.
- Watch out for phys reflect maps. If ele relect, remove your Herald of Ash. No regen is also scary.
- No way to accurately judge damage in PoB, but when bosses die in seconds, does that matter?

Build strengths:
- Cheap, but can get really powerful with more currency
- Two curses
- Phys based, so you don't have to worry about boss elemental resist
- Can farm Uber Lab without issue
- Seems like a great boss killer so far. (with my current gear, I kill T10 bosses in like 3 seconds)
- Clear speed is decent and is put on steroids when you get a sentinel speed buff
- Tanky, no-skill facetank everything
- Bros

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 7, 2018

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Why did you drop smite for dominating blow, and why drop all the minions?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Can I get reinvited to the guild when there's room? Bugamol

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Fat_Cow posted:

So are there any builds that just steam roll maps to T15 and cakewalk over Delve?

Blood magic ele hit ascendant, get life on your gear and focus more on life nodes than damage, you'll still one shot packs. Get vaal pact and the slayer "leech doesn't end on reaching full" ascendancy. Trigger soul of arakaali +50% more life leech per second with blood rage, and blood rage cast when damage taken if you dont want to have to push it every now and then.

After a day or two of playing you should have 8k life, one-shot packs even in high tier red maps, leech ~6k life per second and kill bosses fairly quickly, with mirror gear you can get millions of shaper dps, but with more normal gear you can still get say 700k shaper dps without too much investment. You'll find it hard to die and cruise up to the mid 90s.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

:discourse:

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

The Locator posted:

Why did you drop smite for dominating blow, and why drop all the minions?

I still have smite in the build, mainly for proccing an aura, tied to culling + fortify along with consecrated ground for utility.

I found that the zombies didn't really wow me with damage. For them to be respectable, I had to dedicate at least 4 sockets to them, and even then they're pretty lackluster compared to my bros. I'm socket poor, especially with a Kaom's. I found the curses to be more effective than the zombies.

I may change my tune once I get a bunch of awesome ghastly jewels. If I can stack enough life from those jewels, I'll probably try out a Loreweave -- maybe with zombies in it!

Dominating blow and herald of purity generate plenty of minions, and at least for me, they're minions that are better at keeping up with the action and hit way harder.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Is it possible to put multiple same fossils onto an item?

Like, 3 'added fire damage' for a poo poo ton of fire damage?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

no, it won't let you socket duplicates into a resonator

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Delve feels like a loving chore. I never have enough Azurite to upgrade and can never find enough nodes. Am I just supposed to go broad on extremely low levels to get enough Azurite to go deeper while wading through utterly useless loot?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Tap sale! Aaaah yeah!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

ZiggyD put together a fossil location guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XflHsMh-n2E

The good bit - testing done around depth 90

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Sep 8, 2018

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Quite happy with how my Toxic Rain build is turning out. I was completely winging it so made some mistakes that I have had to fix, such as choosing Alira early on and leaning into Herald of Agony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRoNwrORMek
The incrased AOE from Pathfinder adds up as you can have more projectiles overlap. However for PF Thief's Torment is pretty much a requirement unless you move to a ridiculous Elder or Delve bow, or alternatively get a mana recovery Delve chest or Clarity Watcher's Eye.

There's still a lot improvements to be made, pretty interesting skill to me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Delve feels like a loving chore. I never have enough Azurite to upgrade and can never find enough nodes. Am I just supposed to go broad on extremely low levels to get enough Azurite to go deeper while wading through utterly useless loot?

Go deep, focused on Azurite nodes. Play safe, upgrade. You don't want to be off exploring with negative darkness resistance and light radius. Should only take a dozen or so Azurite nodes to cap you out, and give you enough of a buffer that you can either upgrade other things like capacity or save it for when your resistances will drop.

You can always go back and get loot nodes.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Vasudus posted:

Go deep, focused on Azurite nodes. Play safe, upgrade. You don't want to be off exploring with negative darkness resistance and light radius. Should only take a dozen or so Azurite nodes to cap you out, and give you enough of a buffer that you can either upgrade other things like capacity or save it for when your resistances will drop.

Also, before you hit maps you'll constantly be behind on azurite upgrade because I niko keeps digging the main shaft until depth 7x at least, and you'll want to just branch off that to pick up azurites anyway.

Once main shaft stops extending far faster than you can dig, azurite stops being such a chore.

Also, what exactly does shaping a map do? My beach is tier 6 now, but it still spawns lv68 enemies?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Beach is now T6 for all future drops. It will normally no longer drop with the T1s, instead dropping with other T6s, as a Shaped Beach Map. All prior beach maps are unaffected.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
ah that makes sense, thanks

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I've come to the conclusion that Delve should be ignored until endgame, unlike incursion where it's easy to get really cool things early on (T3 corruption/doryani rooms, crazy leveling items with no level requirements), Delve only really starts to shine when you can chain them repeatedly. Until

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

I've come to the conclusion that Delve should be ignored until endgame, unlike incursion where it's easy to get really cool things early on (T3 corruption/doryani rooms, crazy leveling items with no level requirements), Delve only really starts to shine when you can chain them repeatedly. Until

I came to the conclusion that incursion should be ignored until endgame, because it took way too long for very little payoff

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Getting more sulphur is really annoying, especially when my map pool is limited to things that are like 7 tiers lower than I would like to run.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Hamburger Test posted:

Quite happy with how my Toxic Rain build is turning out. I was completely winging it so made some mistakes that I have had to fix, such as choosing Alira early on and leaning into Herald of Agony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRoNwrORMek
The incrased AOE from Pathfinder adds up as you can have more projectiles overlap. However for PF Thief's Torment is pretty much a requirement unless you move to a ridiculous Elder or Delve bow, or alternatively get a mana recovery Delve chest or Clarity Watcher's Eye.

There's still a lot improvements to be made, pretty interesting skill to me.

Would you mind posting a pastebin or your account name (if it's not private)?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Phobophilia posted:

Yeah, um, maybe this is because Incursion was my first league and I wasn't playing a meta build but it was not even remotely easy to get cool things while levelling or to successfully complete incursions before endgame, so I shelved it before maps and, frankly, mostly ignored it even while mapping. Delves have honestly been easier to get into but the cost-benefit balance on azurite is a bit out of whack.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Delve gets you jewelry for resists and levels in the early game

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Xeras posted:

Would you mind posting a pastebin or your account name (if it's not private)?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fatmanuel/characters

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
This game so desperately needs Adventure Mode. I'm losing my will to do this loving story one more time

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I could understand if they made you do the story once per league. But for alts they desperately need a skip function that just puts you at the epilogue with all story done besides bandits and lv68ish.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Lets jut be honest, stories in ARPGs are dumb, no one cares about them and is a block to get to end game stuff. Its one of the few things Diablo 3 did right when they stopped making you suffer through it every league (season).

PoE is just kind of locked in because of the skill tree and getting those extra skill points. But they can change the skill points to be awarded at certain delve levels, make sulphate not a thing, and just drop the whole storyline at this point for all I care.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Oh sweet, a lycosidae dropped!

That, plus I had a thief's torment drop the other day. The 2 very things I actually need for my build! Praise RNGSUS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

nerox posted:

Lets jut be honest, stories in ARPGs are dumb, no one cares about them and is a block to get to end game stuff. Its one of the few things Diablo 3 did right when they stopped making you suffer through it every league (season).

PoE is just kind of locked in because of the skill tree and getting those extra skill points. But they can change the skill points to be awarded at certain delve levels, make sulphate not a thing, and just drop the whole storyline at this point for all I care.

That’d be nice. I do remember how utterly terrible Diablo 3s story was and I assume still is. At least POE makes it easy enough to ignore.