Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if youve only been doing proxima this whole time then yeah youve hosed yourself. oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

punchymcpunch posted:

if youve only been doing proxima this whole time then yeah youve hosed yourself. oh well.

Right now I only do her a couple of times because I'm getting through the challenges on 9 and only have a few chars I know that can do 9 without much of a struggle (Capt, Luna, MAYBE Thor if I'm feeling it), but I def hit 10 books a while ago when I was doing all 5 on her.

Also what's the highest level that people do WBU? 9 is actually boring because it takes so long. I know my guys aren't nearly perfect (or T3) but if her hp jumps as dramatically as it does rank 1 to 9 when you go 9 to 18, god drat they're slinging a lot of dps. Is it only T3ers who can handle higher WBUs because its just a pure stats game at that point? I'll be sad if my frosty waifu won't be useful at high levels because unless I totally gently caress up she shreds all WBUs.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My T2 Emma is clowning Level 30 Maw right now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm at 25 with everyone except Dwarf. I'm stuck at 18 with him but I've stopped trying. I should focus and try and get to 20 with him. I just play 20 or 1 with all of them and haven't even really tried 26. I could probably clear a couple of them but meh. Witch does everyone in the 20s besides Proxima. Jean does everyone in the 20s. T3 Cap can do Proxima. Quicksilver, T3 Spidey, and Winter Soldier can take a run at Proxima or Corvus if I use them right. T3 Thor and Santana can handle Ebony. Cable can take on Corvus or Ebony. I forget how effective Strange is but he's in the mix. Black Panther, Iron man, War Machine, Magneto, Hulk, and Apocalypse are all in the mix.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I loving hate doing WBU and I can barely get out of 4. I have done everything I can to improve my characters and thats as good as I'm going to get. They're just so tedious too.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've barely bothered with pursuing T3 stuff. But I've just been doing Proxima this whole time thinking I was getting some big stockpiles for when I do decide to pay attention to it. Boo.

So, there's a specific thing you get from each specific boss that you can only get 10 of?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Titan Books cap out at 10 (the number you need to T3 a character) and you need specific Combat, Speed, Blast, and Universal for whatever T3 you're ranking up. Proxima gives Combat, Dwarf gives Blast, Corvus gives Speed, and Ebony gives Universal. So if you've been doing Proximas regularly you probably have 10 Combats and can T3 Cap. But you'll have to hit the others if you wanted to T3 the others.

I've actually been burned out on WBU the last couple of weeks and just doing 1s. That's no more tedious than most of the other daily stuff. I do the 20s when I'm actually itching to play. The 1s go when I just want to go to bed without missing any daily stuff.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Do I get more cube fragments if I run higher level bosses? I've just been rolling through lvl 1 ultimates since the patch and so far I've only T3'ed one character

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No, the only real change of doing higher levels is the booty box. You'll get the same basic amount of T2/T3 materials at 1 and 20.

Just try and do the daily bonus. That's where you can double up, especially with the books.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

sometimes the boxes have cube fragments in em (ive got em once!) so you do get ever so slightly more of em

twistedmentat posted:

I loving hate doing WBU and I can barely get out of 4. I have done everything I can to improve my characters and thats as good as I'm going to get. They're just so tedious too.

eventually youll get enough raid xp and level 4 will become piss easy. get a bit more xp and 5 will become piss easy, then 10, etc.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm not sure how to raise my raid level higher, I've put my best cards, spent a ton of resources rerolling to give them .01% more attack bonus, spent tons of stuff on improving isos and so on.

I can totally do people one at a time though. Like I can just bother with proxima for the blue space meths and then when i was to t3 spiderman or iron man I can switch over to someone else. Though No matter what I do, I cannot beat even 1 Maw or Glavie.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think he means your WBU level. As it goes up your valor goes up which is the important stat for how hard you hit the WBU bosses.

Maw will only take damage from elemental attacks
Glaive has a high dodge rate and you need a couple ignore dodge strikers

I know this was talked about last time but they all have attacks that will one hit you, you just need to remember the patterns and avoid the purple attacks.

Thought I imagine T3 characters should rock level 1 WBUs regardless and if that's not happening then there's a bigger issue than your cards, isos, or gear, you're just flat out doing something wrong at that point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ebony can use Ignore Dodge strikers too, IMO. He's hard to nail down. Like, try just overdoing it. 5 Ignore Dodge Strikers and a Ignore Dodge leader (Cable, Robbie Reyes, Spidey 2099, Bullseye) and see what happens. If you're still not doing any damage you probably have a deeper problem.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

beta ray bill's hammer is round and bronze coloured, it looks much cooler than that lovely sledgehammer. please keke add beta ray bilbo baggins

I would whale so hard for Thorse.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Dave posted:

I think he means your WBU level. As it goes up your valor goes up which is the important stat for how hard you hit the WBU bosses.

Maw will only take damage from elemental attacks
Glaive has a high dodge rate and you need a couple ignore dodge strikers

I know this was talked about last time but they all have attacks that will one hit you, you just need to remember the patterns and avoid the purple attacks.

Thought I imagine T3 characters should rock level 1 WBUs regardless and if that's not happening then there's a bigger issue than your cards, isos, or gear, you're just flat out doing something wrong at that point.

Doesn't Glaive only take 50% damage from non-Speed characters? Or is that Maw?

twistedmentat posted:

I'm not sure how to raise my raid level higher, I've put my best cards, spent a ton of resources rerolling to give them .01% more attack bonus, spent tons of stuff on improving isos and so on.

I can totally do people one at a time though. Like I can just bother with proxima for the blue space meths and then when i was to t3 spiderman or iron man I can switch over to someone else. Though No matter what I do, I cannot beat even 1 Maw or Glavie.

I felt like you at first when I came back but it's really just about learning the patterns (and paying attention to the blue circles because those mean "you die" if they hit you, as well as knowing what the announced attacks mean.

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 7, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ebony takes reduced damage from physical attacks unless they're elemental.

Corvus I think gets reduced damage except from speeds, but its never struck me as significant enough to make a major difference. I mostly use non-speeds against him.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Ebony takes reduced damage from physical attacks unless they're elemental.

Corvus I think gets reduced damage except from speeds, but its never struck me as significant enough to make a major difference. I mostly use non-speeds against him.

I mean, it's a 50% reduction, that's pretty huge.

Is Ebony's reduction the one that makes all hits only do 1 damage because that's the hard one

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

it goes up on its own as you do wbu, higher levels just make it go up faster. it makes you do more damage and take less damage.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i think the WBU penalties have a lower effect at lower levels, i remember i used to use iron man on proxy and corvus but he doesnt cut it now

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh! Raid level is the Xp you get from defeating WBs. I thought it was something else. Mines at 56 right now, for some reason I thought that it just effected your rewards payout.
I am at the point where I can beat 5 WBU, just split between BD and PM.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Oh! Raid level is the Xp you get from defeating WBs. I thought it was something else. Mines at 56 right now, for some reason I thought that it just effected your rewards payout.
I am at the point where I can beat 5 WBU, just split between BD and PM.

Do you have Anti-Venom? He's an essential striker for characters that don't regen health. If you have him going health isn't much of an issue, and then if you are doing enough damage mathematically to win within 5min then you're just getting hit by their attacks when you shouldn't.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Dave posted:

Do you have Anti-Venom? He's an essential striker for characters that don't regen health. If you have him going health isn't much of an issue, and then if you are doing enough damage mathematically to win within 5min then you're just getting hit by their attacks when you shouldn't.

Aw gently caress really? My Venom is like, 2 star, and I was pushing Hulk.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He jizzes all over the stage and then your characters eat the jizz and get all their health back.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Dave posted:

He jizzes all over the stage and then your characters eat the jizz and get all their health back.

INTO IT

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never thought of using Anti-Venom as a striker for that benefit. Does Baby Groot work the same way? Could be a big help for some of my guys who can do damage at the higher WBU levels but die too quick.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I never thought of using Anti-Venom as a striker for that benefit. Does Baby Groot work the same way? Could be a big help for some of my guys who can do damage at the higher WBU levels but die too quick.

Unless the costumes change it, his heal is on a 30? Sec cooldown so not as great, plus it's the AOE so you have to stand in a specific area for the full effect

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

no its just anti venom cos his globs stick around for quite some time, so you can run over em while avoiding boss poo poo or after getting hit etc. makes it quite a bit easier.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That cool because Venom is my next t2 of the cheap guys and anti-venom is the next costume I will buy...when there aren't any other newer better costumes to buy that is.

And I realized why PM was killing my guys so quickly, one of her endless spears drops from the sky rather directly on you rather than chasing you or from the side and she loves to do it when you're locked in an animation that doesn't give you iframes. So you'll be doing Wolverines 6 ability and suddenly he'll be dead, QS will be dead and X-23 will be dead before you know whats happening. They also stun so if you get hit by one, you get hit by all. And the warning doesn't show up for this one, just the wave one and the one that chases you around.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Like we've been saying, it doesn't matter who you are using at what level if you don't pick up on the patterns you will get one shot killed. She does the same attacks at certain points at her health and will start to become more and more predictable. You'll still slip up here and there but you should really be able to minimize getting caught be things or character swap a split second before it hits.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I'm still at 9 for most of them and I'm finding that fights are starting to take so long that I am close to or dying to just normal damage if it's someone without a self heal. Even Thor since there's enough of a small window that I still slowly get my health chipped away.

I have Ancient One as a striker always because sometimes she strikes with the healing field (and her bonus is 10% damage so of course) but someone who is more reliably healing would be a welcome addition. Plus he probably does massively more damage than she does.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I find with AO's healing field you're lucky to get it once a match. Anti-Venom comes out with his stuff multiple times a match.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Anti-Venom should be one of your teams pick on every WBU. He always jumps out and if he does that healing move, you are golden.

The other big cheat for Proxima is put Storm on your team. Her passive gives your team a 50% (I think) chance to become immune to lightning. If that happens you can survive Proxima's attacks since they are lightning. I wouldn't rely on it, but if I am going for a high Proxima level (On 19, working towards 20) I put her on my team with T3 Cap.

I finally got Scarlet Witch to level 60. At level 55 she couldn't do anything to level 1 Ebony Maw.
At level 60 she can destroy a level 19 Maw in under 90 seconds. Such a major difference.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

T3 Black Panther has been teased.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

The Dave posted:

T3 Black Panther has been teased.

The teaser is him holding the T3 canister he's about to hand to MODOK.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I hope that this makes it easier for him to clear his Extreme Mode challenges on Legendary Battle. I'd love to get those two Mythic card rewards.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

The teaser is him holding the T3 canister he's about to hand to MODOK.

If this is true, I will devote all my time to making MODOK my first T3. He was my first T2 after all.

Also thanks for the tip on Scarlet Witch - I'd thought she was good enough at Level 55, but I'll keep throwing bios at her if 60 makes that big a difference. Jean and Apocalypse are also cruising at 55 for me at the moment - similar differences there?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Steve Vader posted:

Also thanks for the tip on Scarlet Witch - I'd thought she was good enough at Level 55, but I'll keep throwing bios at her if 60 makes that big a difference. Jean and Apocalypse are also cruising at 55 for me at the moment - similar differences there?

Aim for Jean first. She is just that good at everything, with ridiculous damage. Witch is probably second, either her or Quicksilver. And Apoc can wait a bit farther down the list. He's good at combat villain day for ABX (now once every 2 weeks), okay in timeline when everyone else is banned, and good for a shadowlands level (which he can probably still do at 55 if his gear is ~15), but isn't usually used for WBU as far as I know. I'd put him below Cable and Thanos who round out the top 5. Probably tied with Stryfe but I just got my Stryfe to 60 and haven't tried him much yet.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Want to bail out of Worst Alliance. Down to 40 members, don't know if any left are goons, and I now find myself leader? Uh.... I've got a job and kids - I just want to punch bad guys part-time.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I've a lot of openings in my friends list if anyone wants to Do That

Add me chelatek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

We got artwork:
https://twitter.com/marvel_ffightus/status/1039347801245724674?s=21