Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

huh. you know you can rate higbee and associates on google? not saying you should, just saying you can. how weird is that?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao these poor people he's going to make deal with goons.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:eyepop:

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I think he might just be happy for the views and he'll delete the comments later?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

He did delete the FART and cummmm ones from the previous screenshot and kept that one though.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Well poo poo... I guess he is a scumbag lawyer who makes a living off this scam, maybe that's actually the nicest thing anyone's said to him.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I feel bad for all the young webmasters (do we call them that anymore?) who are going to get scared and heat up their community by banning people for this poo poo.

I hate predatory fucks, Lowtax thank you for telling them to gently caress off.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol Someone on Reddit got a letter from them for posting a clam picture on his blog and reddit told him to pay them

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3lxw2o/copyright_image_100000_payable_to_firm/

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

What I’m interested to know is why a news organisation would want to pay for pics of LARPing Nazis when you could probably find as many actual Nazis to photograph as you need in any major urban centre

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

alpaca diseases posted:

What I’m interested to know is why a news organisation would want to pay for pics of LARPing Nazis when you could probably find as many actual Nazis to photograph as you need in any major urban centre

The article that image comes from was about a man who changed his name to Hitler. He also changed the names of his children. His daughter is now Eva Braun. He named himself after Hitler and his daughter after Hitler's lover.

Somebody call child services. Possibly for the fifth time.

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/local/hunterdon-county/2017/05/09/hunterdon-isidore-hitler/314508001/

That's the article and I just noticed that the image in question were removed. I'm guessing the photographer is a Nazi lover who doesn't want his work used in anything making fun of Nazis lol. These lawyers probably felt pretty good about themselves after taking on the mainstream media that is a small town New Jersey paper.

AllNewJonasSalk fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 8, 2018

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

If the scammer lawyers want money they should sue Reddit, Lowtax has no $$$ left after all the medical bills.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BigBadSteve posted:

If the scammer lawyers want money they should sue Reddit, Lowtax has no $$$ left after all the medical bills.

They will just takes bits of his spine then to cover the fees.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
why are they emailing you copyrighted images you should send them to another copyright lawyer to sue them for copyright infringement

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

veni veni veni posted:

Lol Someone on Reddit got a letter from them for posting a clam picture on his blog and reddit told him to pay them

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3lxw2o/copyright_image_100000_payable_to_firm/

Haha of course "quality contributor" and r/legaladvice powermod thepatman said they should pay. He's notorious for giving lovely legal advice and deleting comments telling him so.

He's also not a lawyer - he's a cop. But everybody knows that all cops are highly trained law experts of course.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Reply of the Zaporozhian Lowtax

This isn't getting enough love.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lowtax posted:

That is absolutely 100% what they are. Photographers sign up for their service, and their law firm then uses reverse image searches to find where their "property" is being used. Then they have an in-house algorithm that actually calculates the amount of money they should threaten to sue for based off the site's popularity, traffic, and something that somehow determines a "possibility of payment." It auto-drafts a letter based off a select template, and then sends it off to the webmaster, hoping they'll be so threatened by legal action that they'll see all them big ol' numbers and settle for the lowest offered. If it does get settled, Higbee and ASSociates end up getting 60% of the settlement, and their client gets 40% (or lower, depending on the additional services used). They've been running this racket for about 15 years now, and spend a TON of money sanitizing their SEO results so all the negative poo poo about them doesn't come up first, as well as making fake comments and fake threads in various parts of social media of fictitious events that never occurred, with the sole purpose of scaring people into thinking that it's in their best interests to immediately settle claims with them by paying cash ASAP. They've also purchased themselves an A+++++ BBB rating, which means absolutely jack poo poo, since the BBB is a for-profit service that will give your business any drat grade you choose if you pay them enough cash.

Their entire service from the ground up is an absolute scam, and I'm actually quite glad they sent me this letter, because it has energized me to actually start going public again with how much hot garbage they are.

hit up the popehat guy, he actually legally murdered a similar scam with federal charges

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Sep 8, 2018

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Yeah heres a guy he sued for a picture of a mural of a veiny penis.

https://arnoldzwicky.org/2017/12/29/news-for-penises-artwatch/

A choice review i found on what i assume is an empty office in california because every one star says no one ever returned their calls lol.

"Everything they done its excellent and promise they will help you which is they did. Im very happy and there honest. Thank you god bless."

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

sebmojo posted:

hit up the popehat guy, he actually legally murdered a similar scam with federal charges

:eyepop:

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
The Popehat thing was great.

DogonCrook posted:

Yeah heres a guy he sued for a picture of a mural of a veiny penis.

https://arnoldzwicky.org/2017/12/29/news-for-penises-artwatch/

A choice review i found on what i assume is an empty office in california because every one star says no one ever returned their calls lol.

"Everything they done its excellent and promise they will help you which is they did. Im very happy and there honest. Thank you god bless."

Clicked expecting dick pics. Saw none. 2/10.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

veni veni veni posted:

It's almost as if the people who frequent reddit................................... wait for it............................................ here it comes.............................. are retarded.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Lowtax posted:

It's almost as if the people who frequent reddit................................... wait for it............................................ here it comes.............................. are retarded.

you used the r word

ban this sick filth

:agreed: reddit is full of retards

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Now that they're street legal in my state I ride a sybian to work.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Amarcarts posted:

Now that they're street legal in my state I ride a sybian to work.

As long as you're not using a cellphone at the same time.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Shifty Nipples posted:

It's true that the quality of Sybian riding cell phone footage is admittedly low.

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

Shifty Nipples posted:

Of course not. hands-free....for other pursuits

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

gently caress em up, Lowtax. Take no prisoners. Drive them before you and rape their women and lamentations and stuff. Order a "Code Red". They hosed with the wrong Marine! THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

mrhotdogvendor
May 28, 2006
very tired hispanic
when are you going to work around the IP ban on twitter and get back to that? i miss interacting with you on social media platform TWITTER DOT COM

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
This thread is wonderful, really takes me back.

Poco posted:

lol these fuckers operate about 20 blocks from where i live

pee on their tires

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Debating on contacting these idiots to see what kind of hilarity is involved with getting my criminal record expunged. :thunk:

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
just an FYI lowtax if you ever wanted to form a rogue terrorist nation-state i would join up as a generic footsoldier provided we have a uniform of course

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Pitdragon posted:

just an FYI lowtax if you ever wanted to form a rogue terrorist nation-state i would join up as a generic footsoldier provided we have a uniform of course

would a $10 spreadshirt tshirt with the grenade ring on the front and the dickbutt on the back work?

open container
Sep 16, 2008
nice meltdown

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Pitdragon posted:

the city name sports team t-shirt already exists be the change you want to see in the world

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
more like Poor "Lowtax" Kyanka cause you can't even afford a lawsuit

anyway in case you still read this thread I just subscribed to your patreon if that helps, hope your spine isn't gonna kill you or anything

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Goon Hitler standing by...

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

mrhotdogvendor posted:

when are you going to work around the IP ban on twitter and get back to that? i miss interacting with you on social media platform TWITTER DOT COM

lowtax should start Tooting on Mastodon.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I know how to deal with this:
Hire these guys to look for anything that has an SA copyright and is being used by another site (does Ebaum's world still jack poo poo from everywhere?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Papa Emeritus III posted:

Debating on contacting these idiots to see what kind of hilarity is involved with getting my criminal record expunged. :thunk:

"The easiest way to expunge your record is to get another felony of the same class and then I'll have the judge adjudicate the previous charge," said Mr. Higpee. "Have you thought of linking several images of Hitler on a public forum? That'll be five thousand dollars."

• Locked thread