Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Killing Loaf posted:

This isn't really accurate, different plastics have different reactions to various solvents. This website has an extensive list of plastics and their compatibility with various cleaning agents:

http://www.plasticsintl.com/plastics_chemical_resistence_chart.html

Of course you need to know exactly what plastics are used in whatever you're trying to clean.

That's fair, I'm mostly just going by my own experiences with cleaning vape stuff - plastic bits looking rough/cracked after a soak, rubberized finishes coming off in chunks, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I replaced my ol' Pax 1 with a Pax 3 and they specifically tell you in the instructions not to soak the plastic bottom piece in isopropyl alcohol, unlike the original that was metal. This piece plays a role in air intake with the device. So, eh, read the instructions folks.

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 8, 2018

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

So, eh, read the instructions folks.

look at this edgelord over here

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Where;s your favourite smoke spot?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sofa

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Anywhere I'm smoking is my favorite smoke spot at that time

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Where;s your favourite smoke spot?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Currently, the balcony. Overall, the front step of the place I used to live, because it was surrounded by pastures and I could sit there just watching the birds and getting stoned while territorial swallows dive-bombed me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Looks like southern California?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Hy house is my smoke spot because that's where all my plants are. Watering day while stoned is the best.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I like the patio because that's where the grill and the birds are.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Girl Scout Cookies and Headband have always been my favorites. I wish I got some when I went to Colorado.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I like Wookiee OG, Starwalker, Sensi Star and Durban Poison.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Lindsay OG, Yoda OG, Black Cherry Cola, whatever my live resin was made from

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

Looks like southern California?

yes, northeastern edge of LA looking north towards the San Gabriel valley

very good for watching birds and squirrels and growing plants. occasional police and army helicopters but other than that its quiet and peaceful. unfortunately not allowed to grill on my balcony but other than that its a wonderful spot

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 9, 2018

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nice. My apartment right now has no balcony and it sucks because it is indeed a good place to smoke.

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity
It’s incredible to be this weed spoiled. I have 30+ strains to choose from, along with 20+ concentrates, 30+ vape products, and 50+ edibles.

Especially with new strains/products rotating in on a weekly basis, it means I could probably go a year without having the same thing twice. And all of it is incredibly grown and cured well.

That’s fuckin bananas. For years it was mids, beast, or headies. The best I could get then is maybe on par with the worst I can get now, quality wise.

It’s the weedaissance.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah Girl Scout Cookies is good poo poo, I also really love those hash joints you can pick up at dispensaries, it's a very different and more psychedelic feeling high.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

lighthugger posted:

It’s incredible to be this weed spoiled. I have 30+ strains to choose from, along with 20+ concentrates, 30+ vape products, and 50+ edibles.

Especially with new strains/products rotating in on a weekly basis, it means I could probably go a year without having the same thing twice. And all of it is incredibly grown and cured well.

That’s fuckin bananas. For years it was mids, beast, or headies. The best I could get then is maybe on par with the worst I can get now, quality wise.

It’s the weedaissance.

I am still loving pissed at AZ medical law not covering edibles. Even if being able to legally get flower is good.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Elderbean posted:

Hy house is my smoke spot because that's where all my plants are. Watering day while stoned is the best.

:eyepop: holy moly. I love doing gardening while stoned but dang I still would like to have countertop space in my kitchen.
That's still neat, I bet the air us fresh af in your house.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The best place to smoke is on the toilet while you take a big poo

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

poverty goat posted:

Confirmed

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
y'all are animals

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

poverty goat posted:

I get more poo out if im smoking to the point i think ive poo'd out my insides sometimes.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

:dance: :dance: :dance:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/new-jersey/2018/09/18/nj-legal-weed-nearly-ready-fight-over-how-much-tax-marijuana/1344876002/

quote:

A bill to create a legal marijuana marketplace in New Jersey is "98 percent" done, with a dispute over tax rates the only major sticking point, one of the state's leading legal weed advocates said.

Scott Rudder, who heads the New Jersey CannaBusiness Association, a trade group of aspiring marijuana growers, cultivators, retailers and related businesses, said the major holdup is whether to impose a 25 percent tax on retail marijuana sales right away, or start with a lower tax rate that escalates to that level over several years.

Speaking at a conference sponsored by the business newspaper and website NJBIZ, Rudder said he remains optimistic that lawmakers will soon hammer out a deal to make New Jersey the ninth state to allow adults 21 and over to use marijuana for any reason.

“I’m very, very, very confident," Rudder told more than 100 people at a hotel in Somerset. "We have worked out 98 percent of the issues.”

He spoke less than two weeks before Senate President Stephen Sweeney's self-imposed deadline for passing a legal weed bill. Sweeney, a Gloucester Democrat who supports legalization, told reporters last month that he hopes to put a bill on the desk of Gov. Phil Murphy by the end of September.

The date has no legal significance, and lawmakers have missed two other informal deadlines: the end of Murphy's first 100 days in office, in late April, and the passage of a state budget at the end of June. Murphy, who also backs legal weed, had included anticipated revenue from marijuana sales in his budget proposal.

Speaking on the radio call-in program "Ask Governor Murphy" on Monday night, the Democratic governor also expressed optimism about prospects for a marijuana bill.

“I continue to believe it’s this year," Murphy said. "Doing it is important but doing it right is more important and that’s going to be key.”

Murphy did not take sides in the debate over taxes. At an unrelated event Tuesday in Carteret, he told reporters, “We’ve not hardened a position on taxes."

A bill sponsored by Sweeney and Sen. Nicholas Scutari, D-Union, would have imposed a 10 percent tax on marijuana that would have increased to 25 percent over four years. The lower initial rate was intended to stamp out illegal sales by allowing legal businesses to operate profitably. The bill has been shelved in favor of new legislation that has yet to be made public.

At the forum in Somerset, Bill Caruso, a lawyer and lobbyist who was among the founders of the pro-legalization New Jersey United for Marijuana Reform, said the final bill likely will allow communities to levy their own smaller sales taxes on legal cannabis. The tax revenue should sweeten prospects for marijuana stores around the state, Caruso said, noting that many communities have taken steps to ban them.

“They’re going to derive revenue direct to their town, not a pass-through from Trenton," Caruso said. "That’s a game-changer.”

If a marijuana bill passes the Legislature and is signed by Murphy, legal sales are likely months away, pending the creation of rules and regulatory oversight. Advocates have suggested that the state's existing six medical marijuana stores — soon to expand to 12 -- would have the first crack at non-medical sales.

Little-known part of the proposed bill that I'm pretty stoked about - dispensaries will be able to offer on-site smoking lounges, like cigar stores.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also I really hope they end up allowing towns to tax directly since it will be a race to see which town that already banned sales can 180 the fastest :laugh:

Goonerousity
Sep 25, 2017

aww yeah
This will be a dream crusher, but even in legalized states marijuana is laced, mishandled, sometimes by drivers, and it’s just poo poo. I expected to walk to my grocery stores weed section, but I gotta deal with nasty nate and his crew of marijuana clone scammers

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I've bought weed legally both in store and delivery across multiple legal states and never encountered any of that. Lacing weed? Is it 1996?

Goonerousity
Sep 25, 2017

aww yeah

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I've bought weed legally both in store and delivery across multiple legal states and never encountered any of that. Lacing weed? Is it 1996?

Marijuana can be mishandled severely, cut fingernails, clean hands, good hygiene, clean utensils, and a brain is required for a safe smoking experience. I’ve seen people get messed up really bad from mishandling marijuana. That explains the lacing weed part. Maybe my problems are local i don’t know

You haven’t had ONE negative experience?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've been buying recreational weed in stores since it's been possible in Washington (over four years) and I've never had a negative experience

The price to quality ratio wasn't great for maybe the first year as the market was being established, that's about the worst I can say

Goonerousity
Sep 25, 2017

aww yeah

DoombatINC posted:

I've been buying recreational weed in stores since it's been possible in Washington (over four years) and I've never had a negative experience

The price to quality ratio wasn't great for maybe the first year as the market was being established, that's about the worst I can say

I get the most piece of poo poo clubs when I Weedmaps, I don’t even get high off their product, I have to resort to family and they sell by the lb

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Goonerousity posted:

Marijuana can be mishandled severely, cut fingernails, clean hands, good hygiene, clean utensils, and a brain is required for a safe smoking experience. I’ve seen people get messed up really bad from mishandling marijuana. That explains the lacing weed part. Maybe my problems are local i don’t know

Dude what are you talking about every single time I got weed in CA it was 100% fine.

This feels like a weird form of paranoid scaremongering.

Goonerousity
Sep 25, 2017

aww yeah

WampaLord posted:

Dude what are you talking about every single time I got weed in CA it was 100% fine.

This feels like a weird form of paranoid scaremongering.

I’m bitter because I ordered clones from some random website under the guise that it wasn’t a scam, but, get this - it was, so I have to resort to my second choice for clones, but they have poo poo clones. Basically I’m waiting for my chargeback on my credit card so I can buy poo poo clones.

There, are you happy? I’m crying because of you

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Goonerousity posted:

Yeah once or twice the person behind the counter seemed bored and wasn't very helpful with strains

oh yeah one time one of the employees recommended the Snoop Dogg brand edible candies (they were poo poo)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Goonerousity posted:

there's only 2 times you have to worry about laced weed. if you didn't buy it and you don't know the person you are buying from. if its legal weed its heavily regulated they practically work in clean rooms and everything is on the level.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Yeah man, in the legal system in my state they've got cameras on everything and it's all monitored like a hawk by people that are just itching for one small gently caress-up to get just cause to shut down entire operations. I doubt lacing is on any of the growers, distributors, or sales peoples' minds considering the risks it poses to their livelihoods and especially considering how much money they're making in the legal market without having to cut corners like street dealers.

frogge fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 21, 2018

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Goonerousity posted:

I’m bitter because I ordered clones from some random website under the guise that it wasn’t a scam, but, get this - it was, so I have to resort to my second choice for clones, but they have poo poo clones. Basically I’m waiting for my chargeback on my credit card so I can buy poo poo clones.

Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Goonerousity posted:

Maybe you need to stay away from weed and possibly try some psychiatric drugs instead

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I smoke weed without cutting my fingernails first all the time, am I going to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

You're already dead.