Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Doesn't the new Spiderman game just like, straight up ignore all the consequences of hero punching off building type things.

Which is the way to go in all honesty. Just pretend that death isn't a thing and keep on punching.

I assume it doesn't, since I can't tell if he's webbing them as they fly off. And that's good enough for me!

Batman's cowl says they've been tased unconscious after being hit by his tankmobile? Sure, fine, I can believe it. I've got a hallucination of a deceased villain making small talk already, what's another absurd incident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I haven't seen this in years. Thanks.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, you say this but A) It's a comic book video game.

i mean, i was just gonna go there and say this but i was trying to answer you genuinely. but yeah, it's a video game about a comic book character. if the cars have been programmed to do as much damage as balsa wood, then they will. also, though spider-man is supposed to be super strong it really depends on whether or not the writer of the comic remembers to make it a relevant point in the story and let me tell you comic book powers are hella inconsistent

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Spider-Man is extremely strong and can lift cars and throw them with relative. He is also very aware of this and regularly pulls his punches when fighting bad guys. Those street level mooks? They would be dead if he hit them full force.

I remeber this coming up in the Superior SpiderMan, the one where Doc Ock takes over SpiderMan's body. While testing his spider powers, Ock is shocked to learn that SpiderMan has been purposely pulling his punches all these years and couldve one punched him dead at any time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

i mean, i was just gonna go there and say this but i was trying to answer you genuinely. but yeah, it's a video game about a comic book character. if the cars have been programmed to do as much damage as balsa wood, then they will. also, though spider-man is supposed to be super strong it really depends on whether or not the writer of the comic remembers to make it a relevant point in the story and let me tell you comic book powers are hella inconsistent

Yeah, I know comic books are inconsistent about things, I'm just the kind of goober that cares about power levels and wanna be running through crowds of people like they're bowling pins.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not 100% sure if he's webbing them so they don't slam into the ground at 50 mph.
Fun fact, Spider-Man once killed his girlfriend trying to do this.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

FactsAreUseless posted:

She was falling to her death. It was a snappy decision.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Yeah, really broke his heart.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Dragon Quest 11 has put a lot of loving detail into the battle animations of the monsters, but as I'm trying to play through the game relatively quickly, I kind of wish I could turn them off, or at least use shortened versions, because they make battle progress very slowly.

As far as I can tell there's no way to do this, sadly!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

He'll do better necks time

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Strom Cuzewon posted:

He'll do better necks time

One of the more somber tales of our favorite web-spiner

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Who’s the actor guy on the top row. Googling super hero actor isn’t getting me far.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gerblyn posted:

Who’s the actor guy on the top row. Googling super hero actor isn’t getting me far.

wonder man

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

marshmallow creep posted:

So Spidey could take the anchor of a cruise ship (which less than a minute of googling tells me weight between 12 about 20 tons) and just whip that around. Or if he took the anchors from some smaller cruise ships, he could dual wield them like Kratos's Chaos Blades.

I just wanted to tell you, in the new game, Spider-Man can lift 10 tons. It's in his bio. But, theoretically, he could.

Sorry I said it was 25 tons. I'm pretty sure that's his limit in the comics.

Leave has a new favorite as of 22:01 on Sep 7, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Gerblyn posted:

Sounds like you need to take the advice of the footnote.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, you say this but A) It's a comic book video game. A fantasy land where knocking people unconscious doesn't leave horrible lasting trauma and people gain super strength by burning specific herbs in combination. If you let me hit a dude with a car and tell me he's fine? I'll believe you. What, am I supposed to tell you your fantasy world where none of the things that happen are real is too unrealistic? I'm already knocking people off skyscrapers as it stands and I'm not 100% sure if he's webbing them so they don't slam into the ground at 50 mph.

kiryu peter doesnt kill people.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

After years of putting it off, I’m finally playing through the Kingdom Hearts series. 1 was solidly decent, CoM was odd but fun, and 2 was probably one of the best ARPGs I’ve played.

I finished Terra’s story in BBS and I’m bouncing off hard from the idea of starting over from level 1 two more times. The battle system is tops but being low level again and losing all of your stuff that you’ve been grinding the board game and the melds for just feels like rear end. But everyone I know who is a fan of the series says this is their favorite one. I don’t get it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Dross posted:

After years of putting it off, I’m finally playing through the Kingdom Hearts series. 1 was solidly decent, CoM was odd but fun, and 2 was probably one of the best ARPGs I’ve played.

I finished Terra’s story in BBS and I’m bouncing off hard from the idea of starting over from level 1 two more times. The battle system is tops but being low level again and losing all of your stuff that you’ve been grinding the board game and the melds for just feels like rear end. But everyone I know who is a fan of the series says this is their favorite one. I don’t get it.

I beat BBS a little while ago and I know exactly what you mean. Like, the characters play a little differently and at least the stories are different...but ugh, doing minigames again sucks. I entertained going for 100% completion until I actually finished one character - the thought of doing the lovely Disney town games again was just...no.

Really anything that isn't the actual fighting in BBS sucks hard. And actually most of the boss fights are terrible too. It's a portable game, and it really shows.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dross posted:

Having played and loved the series when I was younger, playing the HD re-releases was a huge disappointment for me. Even two was just so clunky and poorly aged compared to modern games. Plus the enemy design is really loving bad, man. It relies so heavily on just giving enemies super armor and invincibility while letting everything under the sun stunlock you to death.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

KH3 really is going to be a question of is Squeenix can put what theyve learned since 2006 into play.

I have my doubts.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If they can make a Kingdom Hearts that controls with the fluidity of FFXV, they'll be good. The problem with the first KH game especially is that it's loving stiff as hell.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

It was stiff, and it had no business doing all the platforming it did. The camera was the hardest enemy in the game.

They learned that lesson by KH2 though, it had much less of that.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The BBS combat system is what killed it for me. I liked how 2 did things; it wasn't perfect, but BBS felt so clunky in comparison.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Death's Gambit is getting buggier as time goes on. Items not entering my inventory after getting picked up, crashes, trophies not registering for boss kills, etc. It's a shame because I enjoy the game otherwise, its just costing me progress.

Also please castrate whoever thought fighting a plasma cannon wielding, drone deploying, sniper rifle firing cyborg in a setting where I lug around an axe would be fun. :mad:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Gerblyn posted:

Wonder Man.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kingdom Hearts has always had this weird problem where the Disney themed worlds were less worlds and more like 4 or 5 Disney themed rooms with like 3 people in them.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
After playing through Birth By Sleep twice, I think I'm going to just watch an LP of the stuff I have left so I can go on to Dream Drop Distance. The first playthrough was really fun, but the second was a huge drag, even with different cutscenes/level layouts.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I love the new Wolfenstein games but I really wish the AI was a lot better, more F.E.A.R. or Half-Life style.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Really digging "Prey" but it could use a greater variety of enemies.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Leavemywife posted:

The BBS combat system is what killed it for me. I liked how 2 did things; it wasn't perfect, but BBS felt so clunky in comparison.

The PSP wanting to be a fully 3d system but only having one analogue stick has to be one of the worst console design decisions ever.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Twitch posted:

After playing through Birth By Sleep twice, I think I'm going to just watch an LP of the stuff I have left so I can go on to Dream Drop Distance. The first playthrough was really fun, but the second was a huge drag, even with different cutscenes/level layouts.

I've got some bad news for you about Dream Drop Distance.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I really do not like the big thugs in Spider-man. They seem to have a ton more melee range than they should, and even a couple of dodges won't get you out of their range.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Morpheus posted:

It's a portable game, and it really shows.

Yeah, especially in the level geometry and mostly empty areas.

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
The Messenger really should've allowed a trigger/shoulder button to be glide instead of holding the jump button. The way the game plays as is can make for clumsy play if it means a double-jump first. Also cause having nothing but face buttons to use can get really mashy at some parts of the game that can really, really suck.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Guacamelee is a game that was universally criticized for putting a bunch of stupid memes in its levels.

Guacamelee 2 not only goes out of its way to put even more memes (including Le Mexican Pedobear :razz:) in the game in a section called The Dankest Timeline but adds a characters who speak in direct quotes of forum posts complaining about how terrible the memes in the first game were.

So I guess now I never need to buy Guacamelee 2, way to go thin-skinned puppetmaster indie devs.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
bit rich to get all worked up about memes and then call them thin skinned but hey

all of the memes in Guac 2 are in that one bonus level

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
bordermemes 2

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Guy Mann continuing his proud tradition of bizarre opinions. Keep on rolling dude.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
didn’t even check to see if it was noted Stupidest Motherfucker Alive Guy Mann

There’s plenty of reasons not to buy Guac 2 though (chief among them being its like the same loving game as Guac 1).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Guac 1 ruled though?