Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Queen Combat posted:

Holy gently caress Venture Bros season 7 is amazing! Juayt finished ep2.

Oh you are going to LOVE Ep3. It's possibly the best one they have ever done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
You were right! I just finished binging up to episode 5 but 3 was by far the standout. Excellent animation, and the writing/comedy was superb and really tight.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
While cleaning up after cooking and seasoning the pan in the oven, it smelled a little like freshly baked bread. That got me hankering for some, so I whipped up some quick pizza dough and made 9 small garlic butter rolls. Told myself they'd be a compliment to each meal.

I ate all 9. Think I'm gonna die.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Imgur on mobile and myself are NOT friends but this should be a picture of apples from our own tree at the new house. They’re SO GOOD! Crisp, sweet, juicy, loads of flavor. Maybe I’m just used to supermarket apples that have spent 9 months in a cooler full of argon somewhere, but goddamn!

https://imgur.com/a/hjAe7hN

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Did some more work on the Lego Bugatti this weekend

Today was the roof, engine cover and rear wing (which can pop up like in the real car)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

bolind posted:

Imgur on mobile and myself are NOT friends but this should be a picture of apples from our own tree at the new house. They’re SO GOOD! Crisp, sweet, juicy, loads of flavor. Maybe I’m just used to supermarket apples that have spent 9 months in a cooler full of argon somewhere, but goddamn!

Awesome, anything you grow yourself seems to automatically be ten times nicer.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

bolind posted:

Nice.

From this link, click on the picture and when the page re-loads click on the share icon, copy/paste, and stick it in some img tags.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Yeah I grew up in a place where you can pick your own fruit and veggies and I hate buying supermarket produce where I am now because it's all shipped in and half rotten by the time you eat it.

In my childhood we'd pick our own corn on the way home from church ($1/dozen) and throw them in the pot immediately when we got home. Sooo good. The only way to get it fresher would be to build a fire in the field, boil the water, and dip the stalk in the pot right there.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You can also grill corn. It is good.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Grill everything. If it's tasty, it makes it more tasty. If it's not, it makes it edible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Grill everything. If it's tasty, it makes it more tasty. If it's not, it makes it edible.

My grilled ice cream experiments are continuous failures.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had ice cream tempura on Friday so u can do it rhyno I believe

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

The secret is getting the grille hot enough for the outer layer of ice cream to caramelize and protect the gooey inner scoop.

Coal fired ice cream, now there's a good business idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a little butane torch and a lot of Halo Top, brb

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

I have a little butane torch and a lot of Halo Top, brb

That's not how you make meth :laffo:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

That's not how you make meth :laffo:

Halo Top is better than meth!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Mmm hmm, tell us more

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

Mmm hmm, tell us more

Get your rear end to a grocery store.

Also Ultimateforce just posted on FB and like, connected a mental dot for me on why I have been friends with so many terrible people and I'm like Keanu Reeves* over here.

*WHOA

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
What's good n64 games? Now I've got rid of the PS1 I know I'm going to spend more on n64 games.
My kid likes it at least, the driving games on the PS1 were a bit too hard for a 5 y/o but we played cruisin' world on the n64 today for a bit. He prefers it to mario cart and mario cart was the sole reason why I chose to sell the PS1 (and lose time crisis and gran turismo over the N64 was because at least there's simpler arcade driving games on the n64 for him)

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno posted:

My grilled ice cream experiments are continuous failures.

My mans, have you not experienced deep fried ice cream? It’s the stuff that makes you dream in color.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

My mans, have you not experienced deep fried ice cream? It’s the stuff that makes you dream in color.

Yes but we talkin bout grillin.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

You Am I posted:

Did some more work on the Lego Bugatti this weekend

Today was the roof, engine cover and rear wing (which can pop up like in the real car)

I built the GT3 RS last summer on a two-day marathon building session of two 10+ hour days, I filmed the whole thing for a timelapse that turned out underwhelming, and it was grueling - I did not anticipate it being such a project, these models are insanely well built & designed.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Literally the Cadillac of toilets.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I started my Saab 99 turbo up today and let it tick over for about 20mins - which is probably the longest it has run in 10 years.
After about 5 mins it starts to blue smoke a little. What are the chances of this clearing up once I drive it a bit?... and what are the chances that the turbo (or something else) is hosed...

Gonna try and get it booked in for its MOT test tomorrow. Just got to replace the horn (which I think is full of spiders and rust) and if it doesn't smoke too much then it might be able to pass!

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Fo3 posted:

What's good n64 games? Now I've got rid of the PS1 I know I'm going to spend more on n64 games.
My kid likes it at least, the driving games on the PS1 were a bit too hard for a 5 y/o but we played cruisin' world on the n64 today for a bit. He prefers it to mario cart and mario cart was the sole reason why I chose to sell the PS1 (and lose time crisis and gran turismo over the N64 was because at least there's simpler arcade driving games on the n64 for him)

for a 5yo you need Star Fox, Donkey Kong (make sure you have the vram expansion- little red heatsink between the switches), Diddy Kong Racing, Smash Bros, Super Mario 64. In a couple years introduce him to Ocarina of Time , Majora's Mask and maybe Golden Eye, and play Conker's Bad Fur Day yourself if you can find it.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Be still my beating heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeSz6MoX00Q

:stwoon:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tomarse posted:

I started my Saab 99 turbo up today and let it tick over for about 20mins - which is probably the longest it has run in 10 years.
After about 5 mins it starts to blue smoke a little. What are the chances of this clearing up once I drive it a bit?... and what are the chances that the turbo (or something else) is hosed...

Gonna try and get it booked in for its MOT test tomorrow. Just got to replace the horn (which I think is full of spiders and rust) and if it doesn't smoke too much then it might be able to pass!

Is that the red one? Decent chance it'll clear up as everything gets hot again properly and starts moving. Worst case it's already dickered and you might not make it any worse.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

NumbersMatching320 posted:

for a 5yo you need Star Fox, Donkey Kong (make sure you have the vram expansion- little red heatsink between the switches), Diddy Kong Racing, Smash Bros, Super Mario 64. In a couple years introduce him to Ocarina of Time , Majora's Mask and maybe Golden Eye, and play Conker's Bad Fur Day yourself if you can find it.

Yeah when I bought the system 20 years ago I got starfox/lylat wars, golden eye, perfect dark, mario cart, donkey kong, banjo and kazooie, super mario, mission impossible. Later on I got F1, top gear rally, wave racer, zelda OoT, cruisin' world.
I'm glad I got some of them back in the day because these days with the prices on some carts I can forget buying anything that made a top 20 list anywhere, had mario in the title or was nintendo IP, ie no chance of buying big titles like mario party/smash/diddy/tennis/golf, or banjo tooie, conkers, yoshi.
So far I'm looking at some driving or sports games under $20. My list is Beetle Adventure racing, excitebike, world driver championship, wayne gretsky hockey, tony hawk pro skater, 1080 snowboarding, wwf no mercy, star wars shadow/rogue, road rash, san fran rush/2094/rush2, nba hangtime, knock out kings, spiderman, wipeout64, ISS soccer 98, f-zero x
Not intending to buy them all of course, but most titles in australia are ~$40 and it's cheaper to pay $15 postage and find an ebayer in Europe that has a few of those titles selling for ~$15-20ea and a seller that combines purchases with ~$15 shipping. There seems to be a few sellers in Germany and the UK that seem alright for prices and combined shipping but it's not really economical just for one cart so I'm making a list of games to consider. Here in Australia looking up n64 games it's all seedy pawnshops or collectors on gumtree that overprice old carts.

E: On gumtree I came across an ad with some guy that had at least 4 of everything. Like 8 consoles, 16 controllers, multiple copies of games. "$5000, will not separate, don't insult me with lowball offers". That guy needs psychiatric help.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 9, 2018

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Tomarse posted:

It'll probably clear up once you've run it a bit. Good luck!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Cool. You'd be shocked how unhelpful Google is when looking for that type of info. He'll be there for three weeks and they're paying for everything except any touristy poo poo he does. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't gonna get his kidneys jacked or something equally urban legendy.

Basically everywhere in Europe, even eastern Europe, is safer than the United States. It always amazes me how scared Americans are of the outside world when the US is pretty violent. Reading other country's travel advisories to the US are amazing.
Hell, I'm going to Mexico City this winter and despite the fact that it really isn't any more dangerous than the average US city, people are making it out like I'm going to loving Juarez circa like 2010.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Is that the red one? Decent chance it'll clear up as everything gets hot again properly and starts moving. Worst case it's already dickered and you might not make it any worse.

Grakkus posted:

It'll probably clear up once you've run it a bit. Good luck!

Agreed, take it out and cane the crap out of it for 30 mins.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Tomarse posted:

Have you ever heard of an Italian tune up son? Get it out on the road

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Welp. Wife's car decided it didn't like the oil and leaked it all out this week. My money is on the filter. I checked to make sure it was clear and not double gasketed, but maybe it's something else. Drain plug was tight and nothing else was touched on it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

I reckon it'll be fine, but balance a good Italian tuneup to clear it out with mechanical sympathy.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Thanks for the optimism!

This is the car in question.

I'll book its test in for the afternoon and take it for a pre-test blast. fingers crossed that more smoke doesn't come out.

You all have no idea how much of a test of my willpower it is going to be to not try to take it up to warp speed immediately.

("warp speed" is the best way to describe how the turbo lag feels on this thing)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
Football is back.

I can't really being myself to care.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Tomarse posted:

Thanks for the optimism!

This is the car in question.

I'll book its test in for the afternoon and take it for a pre-test blast. fingers crossed that more smoke doesn't come out.

You all have no idea how much of a test of my willpower it is going to be to not try to take it up to warp speed immediately.

("warp speed" is the best way to describe how the turbo lag feels on this thing)

I've always made it a policy to take a car for a long blast before an mot, especially if it's a bit of a smoker.

Ideally, you want it with lots of heat soak, so when they do start it for the emissions it's already at the best temperature.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Fo3 posted:

Yeah when I bought the system 20 years ago I got starfox/lylat wars, golden eye, perfect dark, mario cart, donkey kong, banjo and kazooie, super mario, mission impossible. Later on I got F1, top gear rally, wave racer, zelda OoT, cruisin' world.
I'm glad I got some of them back in the day because these days with the prices on some carts I can forget buying anything that made a top 20 list anywhere, had mario in the title or was nintendo IP, ie no chance of buying big titles like mario party/smash/diddy/tennis/golf, or banjo tooie, conkers, yoshi.
So far I'm looking at some driving or sports games under $20. My list is Beetle Adventure racing, excitebike, world driver championship, wayne gretsky hockey, tony hawk pro skater, 1080 snowboarding, wwf no mercy, star wars shadow/rogue, road rash, san fran rush/2094/rush2, nba hangtime, knock out kings, spiderman, wipeout64, ISS soccer 98, f-zero x
Not intending to buy them all of course, but most titles in australia are ~$40 and it's cheaper to pay $15 postage and find an ebayer in Europe that has a few of those titles selling for ~$15-20ea and a seller that combines purchases with ~$15 shipping. There seems to be a few sellers in Germany and the UK that seem alright for prices and combined shipping but it's not really economical just for one cart so I'm making a list of games to consider. Here in Australia looking up n64 games it's all seedy pawnshops or collectors on gumtree that overprice old carts.

E: On gumtree I came across an ad with some guy that had at least 4 of everything. Like 8 consoles, 16 controllers, multiple copies of games. "$5000, will not separate, don't insult me with lowball offers". That guy needs psychiatric help.

https://krikzz.com/store/home/28-everdrive-64-v3.html

I recommend picking up one of these. Carts are very expensive and this can play just about everything.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
^^ the ever drive is a fantastic piece of kit, I loved mine.

How excited is everyone on the east coast about Florence?

Yay hurricane season, my house is ringed with pine trees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

How excited is everyone on the east coast about Florence?

Yay hurricane season, my house is ringed with pine trees

I've been watching Flo since Gordon was a baby, it's been interesting. Just sat there in the middle of the Atlantic for a full week, now it looks like it's going to hard-charge to the Carolinas. Buckle up boys, that may be a big one.

• Locked thread