Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Could we please honor coasties, tia

e: I have no clue what polite term for them is

We referred to them, respectfully, as "puddle pirates."

Very respectfully, since in the Eighties, they'd seen way more action than any of us had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hi Earth,

I know we haven't been buddies lately and you're pretty busy getting ready to kill us all, but if you could flatten DC with Florence I'll go plant some trees.

Thanks,
EBB

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’m on board with that in general, but can we at least get my girlfriend and Lando and Cole and Monty and other goons and their dogs out first?

Also, my friend’s family vacation home, which has been in their family for like 25 years, is looking like it’s gonna take a direct hit from this thing.

Also: it’s never a bad idea to make sure you’ve got your three to five days worth of food and water ready.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Being unknown to the general public is more than an honor tbh

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ElMaligno posted:

Being unknown to the general public is more than an honor tbh

Thank you for your service.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

After all the rain so far this year a Cat 4 up the Chesapeake is icing on the cake. Maybe if we're lucky a few McMansions in McLean will slide into the Potomac.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Madurai posted:

We referred to them, respectfully, as "puddle pirates."

Very respectfully, since in the Eighties, they'd seen way more action than any of us had.

I've gotten the impression that it's some dangerous poo poo for sure.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/09/mike-pence-denies-meeting-oust-donald-trump-after-anonymous-op-ed/1248070002/

:yeshaha:

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 9, 2018

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

That tweet at the end is amazing. he really does think he is untouchable

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So the Texas Rangers are circling the wagons around that Dallas PD officer, Amber Guyger, that murdered a man in his apartment, claiming they released her because "she was compliant" and there's "more information they want to see" before charging her.

She's going to get away with murder scot-free.

All cops are bastards, the Dallas sniper was a good start, gently caress all cops, etc.

Edit: there's reports out that say she's "devastated" but I literally give zero shits how she feels about this unless it makes her suck start her duty weapon in which case I'm 100% supportive of her having one more officer-involved shooting

Professor Bling fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 9, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Professor Bling posted:

So the Texas Rangers are circling the wagons around that Dallas PD officer, Amber Guyger, that murdered a man in his apartment, claiming they released her because "she was compliant" and there's "more information they want to see" before charging her.

She's going to get away with murder scot-free.

All cops are bastards, the Dallas sniper was a good start, gently caress all cops, etc.

Edit: there's reports out that say she's "devastated" but I literally give zero shits how she feels about this unless it makes her suck start her duty weapon in which case I'm 100% supportive of her having one more officer-involved shooting

https://twitter.com/TurdyMcFergy/status/1038557681320120320

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Gee who could have seen this twist coming

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

An “all lives matter” family murdering a black man is a little bit too on the nose

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fallom posted:

An “all lives matter” family murdering a black man is a little bit too on the nose

Listen buddy, our showrunner is not taking any more notes from the Network. Rating are huge and no one seems to care about any of it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

mods changed my name posted:

Gee who could have seen this twist coming

yeah its the economic anxiety

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
But its fine because there iss a difference between arresting someone for homicide and not charging them for homicide until the facts are found...

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EBB posted:

Hi Earth,

I know we haven't been buddies lately and you're pretty busy getting ready to kill us all, but if you could flatten DC with Florence I'll go plant some trees.

Thanks,
EBB

Go flatten the Carolinas instead. DC, MD, and VA all voted against Trump.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

When did the okay sign get coopted by white supremacists and when was that photo taken?

gently caress it who cares let her burn

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Its just coincidence!!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
gently caress you'd think it would be someone's job just to go through cops and FBI and military's social media and if they happily post pictures of them hanging out with extremist organizations, welp, it's time to go.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Its just coincidence!!

What I'm saying is there's no godamn telling and if that picture was before that poo poo was coopted then we're falling right into their stupid "hurr we're gunna make them dum lieberals think the okay sign is white power but it'll actually be... Uh well white power, cletus"

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
You're attributing way too much cleverness to a belief system whose main requirement is to be a bootlicking simpleton imo

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Milo and POTUS posted:

ICE

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..

psydude posted:

We’ve got a crew flying in it right now. Just became a cat 1 from their observations. It’s going to blow up as it hits warm water. Bad day wherever it ends up.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

You're attributing way too much cleverness to a belief system whose main requirement is to be a bootlicking simpleton imo

Did you forget which forum you're in?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

psydude posted:

For real, wipe out DC and it'll just repopulate with chuds. I mean, you wipe us out, you'll no longer get those articles about Trump staffers being unable to find dates and such.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DC: putting the in in incel since 2017.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/jonswaine/status/1038413486991323136

Link to story: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/08/sheriffs-donald-trump-media-scrutiny

They've got a story for every number in the pic.

Also:
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1038456931663273987

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Florence is gonna be my mom's first hurricane in the Carolinas. She was telling me how she was laughing internally at people who keep "hurricane preparedness kits" and the guy boarding up his windows. They live two miles from shore and told me "I've been through hurricanes in New England, this is basically the same."

I wished her the best of luck.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

Florence is gonna be my mom's first hurricane in the Carolinas. She was telling me how she was laughing internally at people who keep "hurricane preparedness kits" and the guy boarding up his windows. They live two miles from shore and told me "I've been through hurricanes in New England, this is basically the same."

:rip:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

EBB posted:

I've been through hurricanes in Southeast Louisiana my whole life and in New England for the past 7 years.

Lol just loving lol.

Please try to get your mom to evacuate.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

EBB posted:

:psyduck:

Sounds like something my mom would pull.

Good luck with that poo poo.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
You know when someone gets mad at you for calling their friend an idiot?

Your mom is an idiot.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah I hope she understands that taking a hurricane on the nose is a bad loving idea. If that thing comes ashore there she will be lucky to have a house next week.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If I were going to put money down I would go for the classic "DA intentionally presses a single premeditated murder charge he knows will get tossed"

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Fallom posted:

If I were going to put money down I would go for the classic "DA intentionally presses a single premeditated murder charge he knows will get tossed"

And will be equally condemned if she doesn't charge premeditated murder.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

What a surprise.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Edit: Never mind

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Fallom posted:

How the DA is treated isn't really relevant,

Given the current movement to elect reformist DAs, and the fact that a lot of DAs (including TX) are elected that’s not really true in the local or national sense.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I took a hurricane on the nose.

We had no power for 3 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

EBB posted:

If that thing hits square anywhere between charleston and wilmington at 3+ the power will be out in Charlotte NC for weeks. I was here for Hugo and she has no clue what she's up against and your own worst fears are probably inadequate themselves.

• Locked thread