Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

This game so desperately needs Adventure Mode. I'm losing my will to do this loving story one more time

Delve would be perfect for this, I thought it's what they originally intended. Level endlessly in the Delve, get passive books at set intervals. They could do it with Endless Ledge as well. They could at least experiment with it one league, doesn't have to be the main league mechanic - just a side thing. If it's not good then remove it at the end of the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Henron posted:

Anyone else getting insane latency spikes when going to most maps? Sitting in town my ping is usually 30ms or so but the second I start almost any map it randomly spikes between 100-1000. This hasn't been A Thing for me before and I'm 100% convinced it's on GGG's side.

I've been getting insane spikes that last for a few seconds very randomly, and when it does, I am completely frozen. So far it hasn't killed me, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I'm not even in map, I'm in Act 6, so it's not map related, and it's very rare, like maybe one time in two hours, but as it's quite random that's certainly variable.

I'm glad to see someone else is having this issue since I thought it might be a problem on my end, except that it's not happening on other games.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
People say they should go for quality or life, but I've been going for quality of life.

Cast when damage taken - increased duration - phase run - phase run (max lvl for manual use)
Cast when damage taken - summon ice golem - blood rage - flame dash (1 lvl over cwdt)
Cast when damage taken - increased duration - immortal call - decoy totem (1 lvl over cwdt)

It's surprisingly pleasant (and undistracting) not having to worry about spamming half my skills is!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

cwdt doesnt work with totems so you dont have to worry about that

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

The Locator posted:

I've been getting insane spikes that last for a few seconds very randomly, and when it does, I am completely frozen. So far it hasn't killed me, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I'm not even in map, I'm in Act 6, so it's not map related, and it's very rare, like maybe one time in two hours, but as it's quite random that's certainly variable.

I'm glad to see someone else is having this issue since I thought it might be a problem on my end, except that it's not happening on other games.

I got a hanging loading screen yesterday on the last area of a fantastic labs run and started to get very angry at a video game.

Is there a practical reason you're unable to resume lab runs in case of disconnects?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

My Gimmick Name posted:

Is there a practical reason you're unable to resume lab runs in case of disconnects?
i guess they just dont want you to be able to log out during the izaro fights if you are dying and then go back in. thats the only reason i can think of.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Random disconnects are so frequent for me I started opening a portal before the entrance to a next area.

I'd love to have a "if disconnected with out closing, place the character back if they're at full life"

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I still haven't had a single hard crash this league and wondering what people are running that's making it happen.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have been getting occasional crashes to desktop with no error message ever since incursion started. havent had any in lab i dont think though.

nipple clumps
Apr 28, 2005
GUYS I RANKED ON THAT FIGHT :smug:

:gizz::gizz::gizz:
I followed the directions in the thread and PM'ed skyl3lazer, but in case that's out of date for whatever reason, I figured I'd post here as well saying I would like a guild invite when a spot is available. My IG name is Raffasan. Thanks.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Ak Gara posted:

Random disconnects are so frequent for me I started opening a portal before the entrance to a next area.

I'd love to have a "if disconnected with out closing, place the character back if they're at full life"

That's be sooooo abusable with logout macros or even just closing the client

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Dr. Despair posted:

That's be sooooo abusable with logout macros or even just closing the client

It's why I mentioned at full life. Even 1 hp less and it'll not apply. Full shield too I guess?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Well this is dumb. Everytime I try to fight minotaur he would randomly cause my game to crash when he slams the ground. I went and ran a check on my client and it says everything is fine. Other than reinstalling probably I don't know what else to do. He crashed me out of every portal I had. What a waste of a perfectly good map.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
If someone really low balls me I agree to their trade offer and see how long I can keep them in my hideout while I delve

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world

Rynoto posted:

I still haven't had a single hard crash this league and wondering what people are running that's making it happen.

I’ve been crashing daily with PoE, one bad enough that I found the game somehow removed from my Steam list. It’s different for everyone but my money is on the new lighting system - I have weird legacy cosmetics so they don’t seem to play nice in town with the combination of other players!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I didn't crash a single time during last league, but the client somewhat frequently crashes now before I even get to the login screen and I've had a couple in game crashes as well

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
What's everyone using to push high depth delves? Thinking about maybe rolling an alt for that purpose, as I feel berserker warchiefs is a little bit squishier than desirable for that.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

If someone really low balls me I agree to their trade offer and see how long I can keep them in my hideout while I delve

extremely same

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
Could I get a guild invite of Fillerbunny, if there is room?
drat video card picked the worst time to explode on me this week

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
How would I go about pricing a 16% totem damage 14% lightning damage and 12% increased global crit chance jewel? There's nothing like it on the trade site so I'm completely unsure, because arc totems are popular right?

vvv: thanks

Truga fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 9, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Truga posted:

How would I go about pricing a 16% totem damage 14% lightning damage and 12% increased global crit chance jewel? There's nothing like it on the trade site so I'm completely unsure, because arc totems are popular right?

The crit chance mod isn't desirable. Try searching without that.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
It feels pretty lovely that you can only use the "visit the mine" button to return to your previous mine instance if you went to the camp manually and not if, for instance, you died after it registered completion of a new node but before you could actually pick up the loot from it. I wonder if this is the intended result in this case or if it's an oversight.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Delve would be perfect for this, I thought it's what they originally intended. Level endlessly in the Delve, get passive books at set intervals. They could do it with Endless Ledge as well. They could at least experiment with it one league, doesn't have to be the main league mechanic - just a side thing. If it's not good then remove it at the end of the league.

Yeah they could just retcon some poo poo like you're part of an infinite universe of exiles or whatever (wasn't this the idea of ultima online? drat I'm old) and have delves or equivalent that drop you into key boss fights in the original story that act as level gates.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

JerryLee posted:

It feels pretty lovely that you can only use the "visit the mine" button to return to your previous mine instance if you went to the camp manually and not if, for instance, you died after it registered completion of a new node but before you could actually pick up the loot from it. I wonder if this is the intended result in this case or if it's an oversight.

It's even worse that if you leave the mine with the button and then go to your hideout (to complete a trade, say), it resets the instance and you lose any leftover loot.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Velveteen posted:

Well this is dumb. Everytime I try to fight minotaur he would randomly cause my game to crash when he slams the ground. I went and ran a check on my client and it says everything is fine. Other than reinstalling probably I don't know what else to do. He crashed me out of every portal I had. What a waste of a perfectly good map.

I had this happen the other day, but then the next one I did went fine. No idea what caused it.

e. a few times it crashed even without him slamming, but it was too many crashes for me to clear the corrupted map.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Had this happen twice because I had knockback on melee on my health flask. He'd get stuck in the wall and not take any more damage.

And you have to respawn the whole Core instance which means doing all 3 sub-bosses again :psyduck:

Just ended up rerolling the flask to prevent it.. good thing I don't have a Lion's Roar yet..

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Dr. Despair posted:

I had this happen the other day, but then the next one I did went fine. No idea what caused it.

e. a few times it crashed even without him slamming, but it was too many crashes for me to clear the corrupted map.

I'm not 100% positive what was causing it. He could slam a few times and be ok then suddenly the next slam and the entire screen freezes and then you get the appcrash popup a second after. I got slammed so hard he knocked me out of the game.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Truga posted:

vvv: thanks

I'm kinda interested in this. I've had bad luck with jewels so far and this looks decent for my heiro. Playing as delvinsimontheodore

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Kinda stuck on where to start searching for the hidden wall to get to the fossil node. Have a sinking feeling its at the long path

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

Kinda stuck on where to start searching for the hidden wall to get to the fossil node. Have a sinking feeling its at the long path

I would start with the node straight to the right of it. I reckon not too far north or south of the node there will be a westerly heading passageway with the blocked wall.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Thanks that was the right node

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

boredsatellite posted:

From personal experience, nodes with only 2 connections has a hidden wall 100% of the time. Since they can only have 1, 3, 4 connected paths. If you do one where the cart reaches the end and has no encounter for some odd reason, that also means theres a hidden path so start looking around.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Velveteen posted:

From personal experience, nodes with only 2 connections has a hidden wall 100% of the time. Since they can only have 1, 3, 4 connected paths. If you do one where the cart reaches the end and has no encounter for some odd reason, that also means theres a hidden path so start looking around.

This seems to be a rule, 2 nodes has hidden path except maybe at the very top of the mine.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Since you guys are helping tards find their way in the dark:

how do I get to this pulsating grotto? I feel like I ducked down every hallway all around it, but I still can't find the entrance. :(

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
the one directly under it

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Since you guys are helping tards find their way in the dark:

how do I get to this pulsating grotto? I feel like I ducked down every hallway all around it, but I still can't find the entrance. :(

802.11weed posted:

the one directly under it

Again, the reason for the bottom one is because it connects to two other nodes: the ones to the immediate right and left. Start looking for a path the cuts off to the north. The only exception to the "1, 3, or 4" thing is the mineshaft that Niko drills straight down, which I am guessing is on the left edge of your picture.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Thank you I will take a look and keep that in mind.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
What should I do to improve my Arc Totem character, Pizzoccheri? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/T3suji/characters

I've been cobbling gear together as I go along, and not all of it is ideal yet. Fortunately arc totems are good enough that I'm into red maps now, but I'm starting to notice I'm not that powerful anymore. I was lucky enough to have a Void Battery drop, but I feel like to really make use of them I need another to pair it with, and they're going for 4.7-5ex right now. I could potentially afford that, but it would pretty much bankrupt me.

So I'm thinking I could:
- Re-upgrade my rare gear for more life
- Re-upgrade my Jewels (do I need to?)
- Try to find a 6-link chest - this could be pricey as well
- Save up so I can comfortably buy another void battery
- Try to sell the void battery and buy something else instead (a Shaper staff?)

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Rynoto posted:

I was getting one every few seconds after the league launch upon launching the client, so probably nothing at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I got no crashes at launch but since the patches I've had a few.