Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Blind Rasputin posted:

I thought the third sentinel tree was broken or inaccessible or something due to a bug? What does it do?

Makes void abilities make poo poo explode and turns you into Reinhardt with a shield that buffs your dudes' poo poo if they shoot through it. It whips rear end

Alkarl fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Alkarl posted:

Makes void abilities make poo poo explode and turns you into Reinhardt with a shield that buffs your dudes' poo poo if they shoot through it. It whips rear end

Kinda like the Aegis from Vault of Glass, but with more explosions?

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

ultrachrist posted:

I got the base game off PS+ and liked it enough to get the expansions. Question: I never got my 3rd subclass, do I need to go to base-game zones to get it still or does it just get given to me at some point?

If you're talking about the arc/void/solar version of your selected class, you'll get it as you level up more. If you're talking about the new subclasses from Forsaken, you have to play through some of the Forsaken storyline to get one, then do another activity that becomes available after you finish the Forsaken storyline for the other two.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is it possible to build an entire character around punching because holy poo poo punching enemies feels good in this game.

Like drat I usually forget I even have a melee button in FPS games, but I just won an event by standing on a pile of glowing money and wildly throwing space-magical haymakers . This game owns

Danaru fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 9, 2018

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, all three striker branches are very good at killing without guns. All you really need is the insurmountable skullfort to really keep the ball rolling.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

xzzy posted:

Yes, all three striker branches are very good at killing without guns. All you really need is the insurmountable skullfort to really keep the ball rolling.

Isn’t the new Arc Titan subclass in Forsaken built around “Always be punching”?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Isn’t the new Arc Titan subclass in Forsaken built around “Always be punching”?

No that one is Always Be Pounding

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I didn't bother looking up a class guide and just went with Warlock. Did I already screw myself when it comes to optimal punching?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I didn't bother looking up a class guide and just went with Warlock. Did I already screw myself when it comes to optimal punching?

Titan is like, the punching class, but when you get Forsaken it gives you a token to level a character to Forsaken levels and skip the other campaigns.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just found a thing, doing the baron again have a random chance to get specific gear. From the mind bender I got a ugly evangelion helmet, and from the chains baron I got some vest with a lot of chains in it.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 9, 2018

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So is Blind Well the only other way to unlock more specs? That kinda sucks, if so - the suggested light is 540, and getting tier 2 is preeeetty rough.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

just got destiny 2 with my ps plus and having never played a destiny game ever holy poo poo this is awesome. is hunter a good choice for starting out?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ASenileAnimal posted:

just got destiny 2 with my ps plus and having never played a destiny game ever holy poo poo this is awesome. is hunter a good choice for starting out?

I’ve mained gunslinger Hunter since D1. The knife R1 is a loving blast when you have the skill that gives a charge back on precision kills. Just running around throwing knives into heads.

Then the Forsaken subclass is crazier, just all knives all the time.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Random roll armor is amazing. Melee kills and class ability charge super? Hell yeah.

The new stormcaller super doesn't save much of any energy when canceled early, but it's powerful so that's all that matters really.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Striker with juggernaut: punch everything and get healed while you do it. and reload your guns but who uses those anymore.

Striker with earthshaker: sprint at everything and when you punch something it explodes and kills all its friends.

Striker with missile: fly around and ground pound the entire planet. Everyone in strikes will hate you because there's nothing left for them to shoot.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

VanillaGorilla posted:

So is Blind Well the only other way to unlock more specs? That kinda sucks, if so - the suggested light is 540, and getting tier 2 is preeeetty rough.

I think that getting another tree via Blind Well was a way for more invested people to get it early, and come reset there might be another Vision of Light mission to unlock.

If you have at least six people in your instance, tier 2 is very doable at 506-510 light.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Had a gambit game end last night where I had 120 motes banked and the next person closest to me had 50. Bank your goddamn motes.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Danaru posted:

Uh it gives you a weapon damage boost and instant reload on sliding over ammo boxes, it's awesome to also shoot the mans

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Daric posted:

Had a gambit game end last night where I had 120 motes banked and the next person closest to me had 50. Bank your goddamn motes.

How they supposed to bank motes when some rear end in a top hat hogs them all?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Daric posted:

Everyone is too busy skulking round the edges of maps with hand cannons looking to farm kills for the quest

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bungie always manages to make a bounty that completely fucks with the nature of their new modes

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Yup. Every game of gambit is now teams of 4 getting the PE and then not killing it and trying to farm kills off people who rush in. I've had 3 games in a row where people are doing it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
We we're talking earlier and why the hell isn't it something that's in line with the objectives for the mode, like get X kills with a hand cannon in Gambit, guardian kills count more, + play 10 matches? Why does it have to be something that creates perverse incentives that don't align with team play?

I think the answer is that the crucible folks at Bungie are complete idiots responsible for almost completely ruining the franchise and unless they are managed by whoever isn't a massive dotard they do terrible things.

I'm sure the actual competent folks couldn't micromanage them down to this specific quest.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
It isn’t just Ace of Spades, part of a weekly bounty was “deposit 15 motes 10 times” which flies in the face of banking that poo poo in a timely manner. I spent more time swiffering up motes then shooting dudes with hand cannons.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

PathAsc posted:

Random roll armor is amazing. Melee kills and class ability charge super? Hell yeah.

The new stormcaller super doesn't save much of any energy when canceled early, but it's powerful so that's all that matters really.

Heard the kamehameha not storing much super if cancelled is a known bug, might be hotfixed soon

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ciaphas posted:

Heard the kamehameha not storing much super if cancelled is a known bug, might be hotfixed soon

I was wondering if that was the case, but I've been having too much fun playing to care. Thanks for the info!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM MY GUARDIAN INTO THE TOWER. IT’S FORSAKEN DESTINY 2 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START GRABBING THE BOUNTIES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, TESS. I VISIT EVERY VENDOR AND I VISIT EVERY VENDOR HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I PRESS DOWN THE A BUTTON OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP AND PRESS B. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY COLLECTED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS BOUNTIES. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY PARTY CHAT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN PARTY CHAT CAN STILL BE RETARDS AND FORGET TO DO THIS FIRST. AND IVE LEARNED ALL TESS' LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY RESet

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM MY GUARDIAN INTO THE TOWER. IT’S FORSAKEN DESTINY 2 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START GRABBING THE BOUNTIES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, TESS. I VISIT EVERY VENDOR AND I VISIT EVERY VENDOR HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I PRESS DOWN THE A BUTTON OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP AND PRESS B. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY COLLECTED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS BOUNTIES. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY PARTY CHAT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN PARTY CHAT CAN STILL BE RETARDS AND FORGET TO DO THIS FIRST. AND IVE LEARNED ALL TESS' LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY RESet

Sir this is a NecroBurger spirit walk-thru

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Its not storing super for me at all.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i still got it

https://i.imgur.com/wOHPZyp.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/MaDDawe.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/KvvXVGq.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

https://i.imgur.com/VKMNIFU.mp4

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I got way too high the other night and started trying to jump to random locations in the reef. I died like 20 times falling off the map :420:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

NNick posted:

I got way too high the other night

:thunk:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

i dont have forsaken yet but jumped in for some quickplay today. Got control with a 4 stack on the other team who were deliberately not capping points but still won lol. They were unreal. Its a weird experience to watch an unhittable demigod parkour his way over to you like nightcrawler from the xmen and then make you suck-start a shotgun over and over again

SBMM still sucks tho

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I'm totally fine with no sbmm

Sometimes I get owned and sometimes I get owned less but at least I know they're owning me fairly

In other news the warlock mega rift is awesome

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I'm not a big PVP-er, so I'm out of the loop here: Why is SBMM bad?

I mean bad players get to play against other bad players, good players get to play against good players? That seems like a good thing.

Probably missing something obvious here.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

RossCo posted:

I mean bad players get to play against other bad players, good players get to play against good players? That seems like a good thing.

Probably missing something obvious here.

Because the matchmaking likes to find people who are around your skill level but they live 12,000 miles away and have their console connected to their car's wifi hotspot.

Edit: Should probably mention that Bungie's weird rear end netcode gives an advantage to the person with a lovely connection, not the other way around like most games.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Completed the bounty for the Oracle Offering turned it in but oops the 69 new items introduced in Forsaken means my inventory was full means the Offering simply vanished. Post has nothing, Petra has nothing.

gently caress gently caress gently caress you game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RossCo posted:

It's more fun to lose because you were outplayed than to lose because the guy you thought you killed actually killed you two seconds ago despite the bullets on your screen missing by a yard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Had maybe the most fun i've ever had in crucible doing rumble for the chaperone quest. i don't know if it's because I've sort of slept on pvp for a while, the changes to matchmaking, the weapon changes or what.