Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Finally got around to Ice Cream Man......what the gently caress did I just watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I loved how the cops completely forgot to check his truck...you know the one with eyeballs and blood all over it. That or going by the ending did nothing about the insane asylum with the cult.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a cop and I can confirm I LOVE to chew on frozen eyeballs

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I had a terrible idea: Tommy Whizzo

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Canned Panda posted:

I had a terrible idea: Tommy Whizzo

Everyone betrays me and now I have that to worry about!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Psychotronic Man is now on Prime and I give it a hearty "huh?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Psychotronic Man is now on Prime and I give it a hearty "huh?"

Clicking play on this badboy immediately.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It feels like the middle 50% of a movie without the first and last 25%.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Here is my updated list of RiffTrax free to Amazon Prime members.

19 riffs left, while 22 were added!

https://www.pbandawesome.com/2018/09/list-of-rifftrax-vod-available-free-on.html

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Canned Panda posted:

https://www.pbandawesome.com/2018/09/list-of-rifftrax-vod-available-free-on.html

This is pretty cool, thanks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It feels like the middle 50% of a movie without the first and last 25%.

This is probably the best summary of it. The amount of time spent meditaitively waiting for a scene to occur and then punctuated by nonsensically fast plot development was trully pyschotronic.

I did like that where is basically an abandone empty road in the film is now a huge area with public transit train access.

Canned Panda posted:

This is quite handy, thanks

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Anyone know why Galaxy Invader isn't up anymore? Was it a copyright issue?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Finally got around to watching Samurai Cop and that... sure was a thing. I want an entire prequel movie about the police chief and his hatred of everything.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jet Jaguar posted:

Finally got around to watching Samurai Cop and that... sure was a thing. I want an entire prequel movie about the police chief and his hatred of everything.

Watched it too the other day for the first time. On Rifftrax's Twitch channel. Its just as bad as I heard.

But a true gem I found was Guy From Harlem.
The fight scenes are hilariously terrible. Worse than Shatner ones.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Watched it too the other day for the first time. On Rifftrax's Twitch channel. Its just as bad as I heard.

But a true gem I found was Guy From Harlem.
The fight scenes are hilariously terrible. Worse than Shatner ones.
Guy From Harlem is amazing. It's one of those things you watch and have to ask yourself "were any of these people even aware of the concept of a movie?"

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Every scene is obviously the first and only take, and there certainly weren't any rehearsals. There's that beautiful moment where the actor playing Big Daddy is about a minute into a long monologue, realizes he forgot his lines, freezes up, spends a couple seconds very clearly getting himself back on track with his monologue, and still finishes the scene in the single take.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Bridget and Mary Jo riff The Amazing Mister X is on Prime and is a lot of fun.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Jet Jaguar posted:

The editing in Samurai Cop is BAFFLING. It's the kind of thing that people who are intentionally trying to make a bad movie never even attempt.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
With Samurai Cop, it's important to understand that it being so weirdly edited and the Samurai Cop having a wig in a lot of the scenes are sort of due to the same thing--six months or so after filming wrapped up, the director called everyone and had them shoot and re-shoot a lot.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Anyone know why Galaxy Invader isn't up anymore? Was it a copyright issue?

Yes. Hideous Sun Demon is also gone for the same reason.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The new Mary + Bridget riff is really good. Early 90's Cannon. Mike Dudikoff, Steven Dorf, Mickey Dolenz' daughter, Peter DeLuise.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 24, 2018

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I really hope this opens the Cannon floodgates! Imagine a Masters of the Universe riff! Or Hercules!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Canned Panda posted:

I really hope this opens the Cannon floodgates! Imagine a Masters of the Universe riff! Or Hercules!

Invasion USA or what the gently caress are we even doing here

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I thought Laser Mission didn't actually contain the phrase "laser mission" and I have never been so happy to be wrong

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its the followed by a gibberish geographic area that sounds like a word for rare species of monkey’s mating ritual

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I am only 90% of the way through Rescue Me but I am thinking it might be insanely bad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Can we talk about how nearly every line out of Dective Cold Iron’s mouth in R.O.T.O.R. is like listening to a Markov Chain try to win an academy award?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Barudak posted:

Can we talk about how nearly every line out of Dective Cold Iron’s mouth in R.O.T.O.R. is like listening to a Markov Chain try to win an academy award?

The RLM guys dubbed him "Back Problems" because every line sounded like he was clenching his teeth in terrible pain.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everything about ROTOR just raises further questions. Like the comedy cop robot or the weirdly racist Native American scientist who causes everything to happen or bodybuilder lady scientist or the fact that ROTOR was being designed for some kind of Mad Max-esque collapse of society even though everything seemed okay or how ROTOR was not supposed to be active for another 20 something years but they had a motorcycle and locker all ready to go.

Also the ending where Cold Iron is just straight up loving murdered.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Like the comedy cop robot

Robot cop is the best character and I won't hear a word disparaging him :colbert:

I love when ROTOR gets out and robot cop just nopes the gently caress out and resigns on the spot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The ending of the film is what makes the film incredible. Its as if the script itself understands how completely at odds with both of the things tbe film is trying to say are and that it gave both of those messages to the same character so it decides to solve that issue as quickly as possible.

Also never forget that the man who built a cop robot with a function thats basically “indescriminantly murder” by his own admission later complains his mistake was not programming it to also love things on top of the murdering.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Canned Panda posted:

What about Golan/Globus? Their catalog would be a treat. Firewalker! It’s got Lou Gossett AND Chuck Norris! King Solomon’s Mines!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Jet Jaguar posted:

What about Golan/Globus? Their catalog would be a treat. Firewalker! It’s got Lou Gossett AND Chuck Norris! King Solomon’s Mines!

Golan/Globus owned Cannon for a few years. Both of those movies listed are Cannon.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jet Jaguar posted:

Cannon = Golan/Globus. They made some movies before and after, but all the stuff you care about was Cannon.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The Cannon doc on Netflix is amazing by the way. Link below.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/80018...c1cc6db00%2C%2C

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Jose Oquendo posted:

Golan/Globus owned Cannon for a few years. Both of those movies listed are Cannon.

I remember seeing a story about them on 60 Minutes back the late 70s. They would go to film festivals and rent out a big room. On one wall would be a giant white board. Along one side was a list of movie titles and a grid across the side of each for investors and how much they were willing to commit.

The movies did not exist. If they got enough money, they would make the movie.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

I remember seeing a story about them on 60 Minutes back the late 70s. They would go to film festivals and rent out a big room. On one wall would be a giant white board. Along one side was a list of movie titles and a grid across the side of each for investors and how much they were willing to commit.

The movies did not exist. If they got enough money, they would make the movie.

It's all in that documentary mentioned above. It's an absolute pro-watch.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hey, remember when MST3K riffed on the first two parts of the Phantom Creeps? Well, RiffTrax just finished the job.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

remusclaw posted:

The Cannon doc on Netflix is amazing by the way. Link below.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/80018...c1cc6db00%2C%2C

That was great. Golan and Globus were loving insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Everything about ROTOR just raises further questions. Like the comedy cop robot or the weirdly racist Native American scientist who causes everything to happen or bodybuilder lady scientist or the fact that ROTOR was being designed for some kind of Mad Max-esque collapse of society even though everything seemed okay or how ROTOR was not supposed to be active for another 20 something years but they had a motorcycle and locker all ready to go.

Also the ending where Cold Iron is just straight up loving murdered.

One of my favorite bits is where Coldiron calls bodybuilder scientist lady and says "we've never met"...then later proceeds to reminisce with her about the time they met at a conference where they unveiled ROTOR.