Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I just remembered "Don't Re-Nig" stickers and signs leading up to the 2012 presidential election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The leader and second in command of the UKs third largest party didn't turn up to a crucial vote on their party's biggest issue because they were respectively in talks to set up a new centrist party and giving a speech on how the gays are evil

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

legendary moment

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

MikeCrotch posted:

The leader and second in command of the UKs third largest party didn't turn up to a crucial vote on their party's biggest issue because they were respectively in talks to set up a new centrist party and giving a speech on how the gays are evil

Tell me more

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Canada sent troops into Afghanistan despite not having any desert camouflage uniforms

e: The more far-right candidate lost leadership of the Conservative party to a more moderate candidate by a few delegates because the delegates got caught up in the foot traffic caused by a nearby anime convention

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

ManlyGrunting posted:

Canada sent troops into Afghanistan despite not having any desert camouflage uniforms

e: The more far-right candidate lost leadership of the Conservative party to a more moderate candidate by a few delegates because the delegates got caught up in the foot traffic caused by a nearby anime convention

And yet cspam swears that anime is not good :thunk:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Some dude in a fursuit is directly responsible for making Canada slightly less racist

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's ok, the more racist candidate is now going to split the right by creating a new more conservative party. Letting Trudeau and the libs control the government for even more years!

Man, if only the NDP had not dropped their biggest chance in history by triangulating like a bunch of Democrats.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Favorite band: Rage Against The Machine

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

That guy owns

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

frankenfreak posted:

Favorite band: Rage Against The Machine

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/tom-morello-paul-ryan-is-the-embodiment-of-the-machine-our-music-rages-against-246033/

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
that reminds me: the president of the united states has no idea how medical insurance works or he's confusing it with term life insurance

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

a judge let trumo borrow his glasses

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HobbitGrease posted:

that reminds me: the president of the united states has no idea how medical insurance works or he's confusing it with term life insurance

someone hasn't been using healthcare.gov, I see

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

HobbitGrease posted:

it’s based on what a dying brain with a surface like the Chicago bean understands this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF4oT93euJg

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

and they also put out lists of "Real News" sources that were all corporatist outlets, including loving... Fox News! As verified "Real News!" loving hell.
Even though those outlets suck, Fake News started as a reference to sites that did nothing but post fabricated stories and it should have stayed that way.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Weren't those revealed to be the early stages of the Facebook astroturfing campaign, paid for by the same people?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8Lev2UFJ8

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvgnOqcCYCM

Wait for it...

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

hackbunny posted:

Weren't those revealed to be the early stages of the Facebook astroturfing campaign, paid for by the same people?

No it was Macedonian teens running an AdSense scam

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

No it was Macedonian teens running an AdSense scam

Losing the adfare arms race to some loving Macedonian teens, smdh.

Dec 26, 2012

oops

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJc1fuPIuhI

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GWBBQ posted:

Even though those outlets suck, Fake News started as a reference to sites that did nothing but post fabricated stories and it should have stayed that way.

lol the greatest fake news scandal of the past 20 years was the Iraq war which killed hundreds of thousands if not over a million people

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

edit: Remembered that Joehn Boner decided to become a weed capitalist

https://twitter.com/SpeakerBoehner/status/984022770752290818

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
anyone say 'mission accomplished' yet? because lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
spirit of 9/12

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/mattvbrady/status/1039431690626580480

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Homeless Friend posted:

spirit of 9/12

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
...Daddy Mueller?!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

who remember

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9-12_Project

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

The Liberal Democrats used to be the third biggest party in the UK until they horribly betrayed the majority of their voters by going into coalition with the conservatives (and the source of :clegg:)

They got shithoused in 2015 and got a new leader in the form of Tim Farron, a ginger wet blanket who literally posted on Twitter that the chemicals in the water were making the frogs gay. Regarding Brexit the Lib Dems are very pro-remain and love the EU but completely squandered the opportunity, barely doing any better in 2017 than they had in 2015.

Tim Farron resigns and immediately takes the opportunity to say he resigned because all the media scrutiny meant he couldn't be as homophobic as he wanted. The new leader is Vince Cable, an octogenarian fedora wearer whose main claim to fame is being one of the architects of modern British austerity, which has killed upwards of 120,000 people according to the British Medical Journal. The Lib Dems do not become more popular.

Recently Brexit has been coming to a head with many major votes on exactly what sort of relationship parliament will allow with the EU. Due to a very small government majority and a lot of rebels, the votes are very tight. The most important one is won by the government by a mere 4 votes, but neither Farron nor Cable were present; odd, given that the Lib Dems entire reason for existence right now is essentially to oppose Brexit. Lib Dems supporters are Not Happy.

Cable says "he didn't think the vote would be that close", it later turning out he was at a meeting discussing setting up a new pro-eu centrist party; odd, considering he is literally the leader of a pro-eu centrist party.

Farron missed the vote because was at a religious conference where he was giving a talk on how social conservatives can fight back against the gay agenda.

The Lib Dems are still not very popular.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Taintrunner posted:

...Daddy Mueller?!

daddy mccain

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Remember that time the 9/11 hijackers took flying lessons but didn't want to learn to land

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

ikanreed posted:

Remember that time the 9/11 hijackers took flying lessons but didn't want to learn to land

l mao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

charms
Oct 14, 2012

the anime titties republican state congressman on twitter who hated trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ikanreed posted:

the instructor literally called the FBI and said hey uh i got some weirdos here and was laughed off