Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

The only Rocky movie with consistent geography is Creed, which isn't even a Rocky movie. (It's just a loving great movie.)

I will go to bat for Creed being an actual Rocky movie, though if they do enough sequels lumping them in with the Rocky movies proper seems awkward.

Also speaking of Rocky does Paulie have any redeeming moments in these films, or is he a turd the whole time? I've seen I-IV at various points in my life and can't think of a single moment where he doesn't suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
New creed better have fire guy

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

CelticPredator posted:

I’m still really stoked about a Shane Black Predator movie.

I wish they’d pump these out more. There’s so much potential for fun Predator flicks.

You don’t need to rely on mediocre branded content when there’s no shortage of actually-good movies in the genre like The Hunted 2013, Trigger Man, or The Cannibal In The Jungle.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Peccadillo posted:

Speaking of Philadelphia, Rob Mcelhenny's bit about his physique is the most lunatic running gag in sitcom history, having a season where he looks like this

And insists it's all muscle and a season where he looks like this

And is extremely self conscious about being fat is some Christian Bale type weird nonsense

Not gonna lie...that’s a hot bod, cut, lines, looks rugged, great job.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

C-Euro posted:

I will go to bat for Creed being an actual Rocky movie, though if they do enough sequels lumping them in with the Rocky movies proper seems awkward.

Also speaking of Rocky does Paulie have any redeeming moments in these films, or is he a turd the whole time? I've seen I-IV at various points in my life and can't think of a single moment where he doesn't suck.

I think he gets a moment in 5. Not gonna rewatch 5 to check.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Alan Smithee posted:

Omg I can't stand Spotify playing Shamir on the regular

That loving farty garage baseline

Isn't the entire concept of Spotify that it plays whatever you tell it?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FreudianSlippers posted:

Isn't the entire concept of Spotify that it plays whatever you tell it?

Heh

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I only really use playlists that I put together so maybe it's different if you use the "radio" feature.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Are you a premium haver

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah, I gave up on the ads after like two weeks.

It's well worth the very low price.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I never use spotify, but my family does. It's led my mom, who is in her early 60s, to discover metal and now she's into house music.

I love my weird mom. :3:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yo, fam, a no-budget feature film I edited a while ago called The Clown is finally making it into some small time film festivals. Both in PA, so any tristate and eastern seaboard goons go loving find out if this rear end in a top hat you see post a lot can do anything else besides whatever the gently caress it is I actually do.

First off we'll be premiering at the 17th Annual Great Lakes Film Festival in Erie. We're shot sure where we are on the schedule yet, but it's happening some time between September 20th and 29th of this month.

Second is the Reading Film Fest based out of Reading (duh), where we'll be be showing November 3rd, 4 p.m. at the Reading Movies 11/IMAX theater: http://readingfilmfest.com/the-clown/

quote:

Barnaby Hatchett, a corporate working stiff whose life is a mess, is harassed everyday as he goes in and out of work by a dark clown that lives in the parking lot, and that only he can see.

Here's a trailer https://vimeo.com/267423230

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Congrats!

Film Festivals are always fun, do you also live in the same area and going to the screenings?

What do you edit on?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

K. Waste posted:

harassed everyday as he goes in and out of work by a dark clown that lives in the parking lot

Don't doxx me for my hobby

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Death By The Blues posted:

Congrats!

Film Festivals are always fun, do you also live in the same area and going to the screenings?

What do you edit on?

I live in the Jerz and edit on Adobe Premiere.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Don't doxx me for my hobby

I told the director that the clown more or less represents a fear of the homeless. Didn't take.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Today in men being despicable.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1037886735571660800

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Les Moonves, who is currently being "punished" to the tune of being given a hundred million dollars in CBS stock.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Coffee And Pie posted:

I think if it was a wide release and it’s as good as I’m hearing, public opinion about Cage would drastically change. I could definitely see it being one of those movies where word of mouth makes it huge.

If it's as accessible as Beyond the Black Rainbow this will never happen.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

O_O

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

edit:

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 9, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

This image is more cursed than old man jenkins's haunted ice cream social

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

K. Waste posted:

Yo, fam, a no-budget feature film I edited a while ago called The Clown is finally making it into some small time film festivals. Both in PA, so any tristate and eastern seaboard goons go loving find out if this rear end in a top hat you see post a lot can do anything else besides whatever the gently caress it is I actually do.

First off we'll be premiering at the 17th Annual Great Lakes Film Festival in Erie. We're shot sure where we are on the schedule yet, but it's happening some time between September 20th and 29th of this month.

Second is the Reading Film Fest based out of Reading (duh), where we'll be be showing November 3rd, 4 p.m. at the Reading Movies 11/IMAX theater: http://readingfilmfest.com/the-clown/

Here's a trailer https://vimeo.com/267423230

this looks great

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
One question I always have is how Fred came to be interpreted as some kind of pretty-boy narcissist jock type, when I'm pretty sure all he did in the old show was, like, drive a van and make stale observations.

Like, surely this character has never hosed? He's way more like someone out of an Evangelical propaganda film.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
They made live-action Scooby-doo movies without Matthew Lillard?

e: wait, Fred has brown hair? That's not allowed.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Fred was actually an undercover detective trying to bust Shaggy's dope racket, but was in deep for too long and ended up becoming his cover. It was all in the never-broadcast animated special Scooby-Doo Meets Miami Vice! from 1987, which featured the voices of Don Johnson, Philip Michael Thomas and Edward James Olmos.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Some sorta good news in regards to the Predator situation.

https://twitter.com/SterlingKBrown/status/1038679549058342912

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Also Moonves lost his golden parachute.
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1038902093292007425

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
My dear

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Good, hopefully he drops dead too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

K. Waste posted:

One question I always have is how Fred came to be interpreted as some kind of pretty-boy narcissist jock type, when I'm pretty sure all he did in the old show was, like, drive a van and make stale observations.

Like, surely this character has never hosed? He's way more like someone out of an Evangelical propaganda film.

The canon couples are Daphne X Velma and Shaggy X Scooby. Freddy just loves solving mysteries!

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGhmZommc4s

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Finishing up the Jurassic Park novel. You know all those parts you love about the movie? The endearing attention to detail, the character interactions, the scares and thrills, the memorable dialogue? Yeah, that's not in the book.

It's quite amazing how much personality Spielberg (and David Koepp, Dean Cundey, John Berger, John Williams, everyone at Stan Winston Studio, the cast, etc.) managed to cram into this blank slate of a novel. Picking out exactly what doesn't work and twisting it to get the most out of the premise.

I'm just reading and wondering how Crichton manages to make dinosaurs running amok this tepid. It doesn't help that he just assumes you know what these dinosaurs look like, with him getting, at most, as descriptive as 'striped, broad face, five fingers, eyes like a cow' (except the description of the initial compy). I'm gonna need a bit more to go on if you insist on using the proper academic nomenclature for these creatures. I would say, explain it to me like I'm 5 years old, but a 5-year-old would totally know what they all look like.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The only thing Crichton is good for is digestible minutiae and big picture. But the books are little more than the first idea he thought of while doing a gently caress ton of research into something cool sounding. So he's like the Ridley Scott of books.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I quite liked him as a film director.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think they started development on JP before the book was finished.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Jurassic Park the book is about corporate espionage.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Maybe S Craig Zahler can make michael Crichton' state of fear, the movie where the bad guys are scientists who perpetuate the global warming hoax. Scenes will include a black trans Muslim researcher who was getting money from China having their face stomped in by a white truth podcaster

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Finishing up the Jurassic Park novel. You know all those parts you love about the movie? The endearing attention to detail, the character interactions, the scares and thrills, the memorable dialogue? Yeah, that's not in the book.

It's quite amazing how much personality Spielberg (and David Koepp, Dean Cundey, John Berger, John Williams, everyone at Stan Winston Studio, the cast, etc.) managed to cram into this blank slate of a novel. Picking out exactly what doesn't work and twisting it to get the most out of the premise.

I'm just reading and wondering how Crichton manages to make dinosaurs running amok this tepid. It doesn't help that he just assumes you know what these dinosaurs look like, with him getting, at most, as descriptive as 'striped, broad face, five fingers, eyes like a cow' (except the description of the initial compy). I'm gonna need a bit more to go on if you insist on using the proper academic nomenclature for these creatures. I would say, explain it to me like I'm 5 years old, but a 5-year-old would totally know what they all look like.

OK, now watch Andromeda Strain

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Jurassic Park the book is about corporate espionage.

I loving wish. I'd say it's even more about the disillusionment of Dr. Wu than the Dodgson side plot. Like, there are at least 5 fantastically captivating angles for this book, and it half-assed all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I loved Jurassic Park the book when I was a kid but I was also 8 and probably didn’t know any better

• Locked thread