Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I think it's kind of strange that the page with Solomon David and his trash sons wasn't also his introduction splash like Mottom, Incubus, or Mammon.

It felt like the ideal time to do it, so whenever it does come up it'll probably metal as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mottom and mammon received intro splashes when allison first encountered them

i imagine incubus is just the weird one

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

wiegieman posted:

She seems to have gotten over her fears, because she's nationalizing the guilds and consolidating her forces into a real army.

Well, her entire motivation for all that stuff was 'fear of death' and then she was forced to recognize that death is inevitable, even for her. So now her entire motivation is 'gently caress up the one who made me recognize that despite all my running I'm still mortal.' Which is gonna go great for the whole cosmos, I'm sure.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Can someone remind me, why that little splash introduces Mottom as "Queen Nadia Om"? Is Mottom some title? I do remember that she took over the business of her late husband.
Nadia is such a nice name. She should go by that again.

Actually, reading the fan wiki clears that up. Mottom just means Mother Om.

By the way, do you remember how her main motivation for keeping the status quo was Yagganoth would destroy the multiverse if there was just the slightest fraction between the other six lords? She certainly lost that particular fear.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 9, 2018

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

cant cook creole bream posted:

Can someone remind me, why that little splash introduces Mottom as "Queen Nadia Om"? Is Mottom some title? I do remember that she took over the business of her late husband.

By the way, do you remember how her main motivation for keeping the status quo was Yagganoth would destroy the multiverse if there was just the slightest fraction between the other six lords? She certainly lost that particular fear.

I think she is willing to die as long as she can have her vengeance at this point.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Malpais Legate posted:

I think it's kind of strange that the page with Solomon David and his trash sons wasn't also his introduction splash like Mottom, Incubus, or Mammon.

It felt like the ideal time to do it, so whenever it does come up it'll probably metal as gently caress.

Just noticed the piles of keys around Grandpa dog's neck and realized why he's probably hording them

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
iirc way back there was a statement that Zaid's going to be a better person and friends with Allison by the end, so there's gonna be a whole arc of some sort in there

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think she is willing to die as long as she can have her vengeance at this point.

Rather, she is going to die, so there's nothing holding her back from having her revenge and doing whatever it takes to get it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
If you live forever, the probability of anything you can think of happening to you approaches 1.

Including death.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Tollymain posted:

apparently solomon david only has sons because of martial arts breathing bullshit so that answers whoever asked where his daughters are

Where'd you hear this? What else can he do?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
nice kingdom you got there, Sol. cant wait for a bunch of dinguses to enter stage right pursued by giant baby and knock your sandcastle over

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i wonder if any of daves failsons will join the 108

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

her goal was to preserve her eternal existence. she has lost hope of that. the only question now is how many of her enemies she can bring down before she dies.

she has joined the 108 for whom #1 on that list is Allison Ruth, and continues to grow angrier at her continued state of ruthlessnes

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i remain eternally disappointed that Gog Agog will probably be a secondary antagonist and Allison wont visit her realms to carry out a really hosed up, worm-centric Willy Wonka homage

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

White Coke posted:

Where'd you hear this? What else can he do?

Martial arts breathing bullshit can

a) make you immortal
b) only conceive sons
c) place two stars in a solar system after the original is destroyed (unconfirmed)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

i remain eternally disappointed that Gog Agog will probably be a secondary antagonist and Allison wont visit her realms to carry out a really hosed up, worm-centric Willy Wonka homage

extreme same

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this is probably the best thread BSS has seen in its history because all discussion essentially boils down to, when is a drunk noodle vendor going to crash through the wall and cut everyone in half

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

this is probably the best thread BSS has seen in its history because all discussion essentially boils down to, when is a drunk noodle vendor going to crash through the wall and cut everyone in half

And the answer is almost always "not soon enough" :colbert:

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
It's not the noodle vendor that crashes through a wall you goddam knobs

1. Ten foot baby
2. A whole flying city

Duodecimal fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 10, 2018

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

I think Mottom just is a portmanteau of Mother Om.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Duodecimal posted:

It's not the noodle vendor that crashes through a wall you goddam knobs

1. Ten foot baby
2. A whole flying city

Also Maya is not a noodle vendor; she chose to learn to use a sword instead, unless I'm mistaken.. As a Beggar Knight I don't know if she even can have a proper job, given their name and all. She is a very enthusiastic noodle eater, though.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator

Roland Jones posted:

Also Maya is not a noodle vendor; she chose to learn to use a sword instead, unless I'm mistaken.. As a Beggar Knight I don't know if she even can have a proper job, given their name and all. She is a very enthusiastic noodle eater, though.

Having just re-read this part, you are correct. She would rather be a vendor than her actual profession: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-5-99/. Though it is also covered in a later panel as well.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Oneiros posted:

And the answer is almost always "not soon enough" :colbert:

:yeah:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Duodecimal posted:

2. A whole flying city

Is it still flying? What if it's totaled and Mottom had to pull her old flying suburb out of retirement and now she's truckin' around in the geo metro of flying municipalities

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
her flying oppression palace is definitely totalled but im sure the bearer of the word glory has found a different but equally ridiculous choice of overgrown mobile home

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
nothing worse than having to downgrade from a flying oppression palace to a floating persecution estate

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Mottom sighs and has the valet bring out the old château de fouet, how demeaning

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

She has a spring, summer, autumn and winter palace, I'm sure she can just put rockets on one of the others.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine being some pleb on the Autumn Palace as news reaches you of what happened to the Summer Palace, also Mottom is arriving in the morning. Polish those fancy uniform buttons til they shine!

Also check the rigging on your emergency contraband parachute hidden under your bunk.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tollymain posted:

her flying oppression palace is definitely totalled but im sure the bearer of the word glory has found a different but equally ridiculous choice of overgrown mobile home

By the end of of the comic she will be riding an Airstream directly at Allison like a Mitsubishi Zero

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Selious posted:

Having just re-read this part, you are correct. She would rather be a vendor than her actual profession: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-5-99/. Though it is also covered in a later panel as well.

if a noodle vendor is not following the 100 idiots around they are missing out on a prime sales opportunity

does throne have food trucks they should have food trucks

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Like Mottom isn't going to show up to a fighting tournament in a giant themed mecha a la G Gundum, geez.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mayas job is being a fool, like all others who learn how to cut. Get it right.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

hey girl you up posted:

if a noodle vendor is not following the 100 idiots around they are missing out on a prime sales opportunity

does throne have food trucks they should have food trucks

I sort of assume there are flying noodle junks like in Fifth Element, but the question is a good excuse to scour those huge city scenes and find out.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Zaid is very handsome. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Zaid has a Prince of Persia look going for him. If his clothes weren't so baggy, that city looks like it'd be a lot of fun to pull some sick wall runs on.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

M. Propagandalf posted:

Zaid has a Prince of Persia look going for him. If his clothes weren't so baggy, that city looks like it'd be a lot of fun to pull some sick wall runs on.

Excuse me but in the prince of Persia I played, baggy clothes were essential for palatial acrobatics.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There's only one Prince of Persia game.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
SoT clarified.

Actually, his clothes started off baggy, and just adjusted themselves naturally over the course of clothing damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Solomon David and Juggs: both tired but strong.