Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It sure is hard out there for those job creators.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

they should do their GODDAMN JOBBETTER

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said
https://twitter.com/countable/status/1037830317845999618

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

half of it is straight up "i wish my employees were slaves"

If they posted this or anything like this at where I work I would be fired and probably arrested for what I would do to it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

I think homeless people should go to prison but to avoid making it too harsh, they're allowed to leave and return to the prison whenever they want

Obviously you'd have to build special prisons just for that purpose

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Congratulations, you've invented homeless shelters.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I think homeless people should go to prison but to avoid making it too harsh, they're allowed to leave and return to the prison whenever they want

Obviously you'd have to build special prisons just for that purpose

Trick Silicon Valley into building apartments for the homeless by telling them they're "disrupting" the prison industry by building prisons without bars, guards or locks and people are allowed to come and go as they please.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

anonumos posted:

Congratulations, you've invented homeless shelters.

:thejoke:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Screaming Idiot posted:

If they posted this or anything like this at where I work I would be fired and probably arrested for what I would do to it.

Red V imo

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Speaking of the homeless, the capitalist solution to people sleeping on benches

They're made by prisoners in Arizona

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Inept posted:

Are they made of spent ammo belts?

Anyway, they look relatively inconspicuous in the world of anti-homeless benches.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

This is kinda a cute idea but it's got too much cheeseyness to it, like if it were an actual museum of capitalism that would be interesting but instead it's implemented as a museum from the future that boils down to things like "those wacky before-times people used to use magick "wands" to divinate the presence of dangerous items or pull visions straight out of the air!"

Also that wand collection was put together by a group called the "Center for Tactical Magic" :rolleyes:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ate all the Oreos posted:

This is kinda a cute idea but it's got too much cheeseyness to it, like if it were an actual museum of capitalism that would be interesting but instead it's implemented as a museum from the future that boils down to things like "those wacky before-times people used to use magick "wands" to divinate the presence of dangerous items or pull visions straight out of the air!"

Also that wand collection was put together by a group called the "Center for Tactical Magic" :rolleyes:

Hey now, are you going to mock wizards? They Demand To Be Taken Seriously.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inept posted:

The average-sized American can't sit on one of those :mmmhmm:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Jerry Cotton posted:

The average-sized American can't sit on one of those :mmmhmm:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If you have a forgiving crack that could be quite comfy.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i think the average child would struggle with those too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A skinny homeless person could lay underneath the arm rests and be protected

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
it's extremely cool and good to go around removing those from benches

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Wanna devise a reverse anti-homeless bench that's easy to use as a bed but impossible to just sit on

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

The wand collection is my favorite part! It's exactly what you expect from an ancient history exhibit, which makes me wonder: did all those displays of tools, art, jewelry, etc. I saw in museums actually make sense, or were they meaningless jumbles of items that hardly relate to each other? In what proportion do archeologists understand those items, versus making up narratives about them?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

Wanna devise a reverse anti-homeless bench that's easy to use as a bed but impossible to just sit on

A hammock?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

hackbunny posted:

The wand collection is my favorite part! It's exactly what you expect from an ancient history exhibit, which makes me wonder: did all those displays of tools, art, jewelry, etc. I saw in museums actually make sense, or were they meaningless jumbles of items that hardly relate to each other? In what proportion do archeologists understand those items, versus making up narratives about them?

I, too, am not a historian and ask things that rly make u think

feller
Jul 5, 2006

perhaps this stone axe has more uses than BIG ARCH will admit?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Senor Dog posted:

perhaps this stone axe has more uses than BIG ARCH will admit?

Probably something religious I dunno neolithic is hard.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Calico Heart posted:

I, too, am not a historian and ask things that rly make u think

As you should

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

hackbunny posted:

Go on a dig. Seriously. You will learn how we know what goes where and why. Usually it's because the stuff is found next to each other, or shows clear evidence of being used for a certain task, and since a lot of it has been replicated experimentally, you can match those results to use-wear patterns and the like.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Center for Tactical Magic engages in extensive research, development, and deployment of the pragmatic system known as Tactical Magic. A fusion force summoned from the ways of the artist, the magician, the ninja, and the private investigator, Tactical Magic is an amalgam of disparate arts invoked for the purpose of actively addressing Power on individual, communal, and transnational fronts. At the CTM we are committed to achieving the Great Work of Tactical Magic through community-based projects, daily interdiction, and the activation of latent energies toward positive social transformation.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

KiteAuraan posted:

Go on a dig. Seriously. You will learn how we know what goes where and why. Usually it's because the stuff is found next to each other, or shows clear evidence of being used for a certain task, and since a lot of it has been replicated experimentally, you can match those results to use-wear patterns and the like.

If the museum is worth its salt, there should also be some placard or description identifying the items and what the display is trying to do.

I can understand skepticism about stone tools because to an untrained eye they do really look identical and how do you really know? Etc. The unfortunate part of stone tools is a lot of the information is contextually provided or simply not visible to the naked eye, as Kite explains.

Unlike different technologies, lithics also span a very long length of hominid usage so a lot of very similar forms are seen over time/space, though you still can see some very clear regional chronologies or temporally and geographically isolated types (e.g. Clovis points).

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, let's not start distrusting all actual experts just because some people are charlatans, that way leads to madness

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Bloop posted:

Yeah, let's not start distrusting all actual experts just because some people are charlatans, that way leads to madness

Too late.

This fake museum is clearly evidence that science is bogus and God made everything 3000 years ago.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
One from my vaca for the thread. When urinal tv ads aren’t enough.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

One from my vaca for the thread. When urinal tv ads aren’t enough.

I get so bored at the sink, just the image of a hotel room gets me through it.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hackbunny posted:

But it's a museum of capitalism, that fails to show capitalism in any meaningful or useful way, except maybe that hand cranked minimum wage machine. It's like that loving "museum of ice cream"

Trabisnikof posted:

The Center for Tactical Magic engages in extensive research, development, and deployment of the pragmatic system known as Tactical Magic. A fusion force summoned from the ways of the artist, the magician, the ninja, and the private investigator, Tactical Magic is an amalgam of disparate arts invoked for the purpose of actively addressing Power on individual, communal, and transnational fronts. At the CTM we are committed to achieving the Great Work of Tactical Magic through community-based projects, daily interdiction, and the activation of latent energies toward positive social transformation.

Why did you have to tell me more about it :cripes:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Saw this today. I don't know what scam they're running, but I know it's a :thermidor: situation

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

Saw this today. I don't know what scam they're running, but I know it's a :thermidor: situation

It's basically like buying food stamps. Poor people can sometimes get things but need money

The only one being scammed here is insurance companies but the situation is definitely evidence of a lot of things going very republican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

PostNouveau posted:

What's a picture of someone's summation of someone else's tweet worth?

You're already on twitter. There's a button that says "retweet" right there.

the screenshot is more about the reply than the first tweet, and retweeting it gives it a good ratio