Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

i sincerely doubt he was on his one final warning, again, there's no evidence this dude was actually on the chopping block before this.
Regardless if he was or wasn't if you're told "Don't do something or you'll get fired" and you do it anyway it's not the employer's fault. We're adults here, if you can't control your poor impulse controls it's all on you when you get fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Leaders of diversity. Just the tip. No doesnt always mean no. Girls only. Heck maybe even rape for all we know.

What a riot.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

i sincerely doubt he was on his one final warning, again, there's no evidence this dude was actually on the chopping block before this.

Sure, but there's no evidence he wasn't. That's what I mean by the conspiracy theory thing, this is a situation where we have relatively little insight but the facts available to us paint a reasonable picture. The dude was stalking people that played his champs in the wrong lane and telling customers to kill themselves. He was a giant weirdo. The last person to act that bad was the dude that called Tyler1 a goblin and he also got sacked. Who at Riot is equally retarded on social media and hasn't gotten in trouble?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Let's never forget the ballad of Riot Lyte

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

NovemberMike posted:

Who at Riot is equally retarded on social media and hasn't gotten in trouble?
That doesn't really excuse piss poor behavior, despite the other surrounding circumstances.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Mikujin posted:

That doesn't really excuse piss poor behavior, despite the other surrounding circumstances.

I'm a little confused, do you think I'm excusing some poor behavior? I'm just saying that Klein's a loving weirdo and it's not unreasonable for Riot to have fired him, regardless of whatever else is going on there.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

NovemberMike posted:

I'm a little confused, do you think I'm excusing some poor behavior? I'm just saying that Klein's a loving weirdo and it's not unreasonable for Riot to have fired him, regardless of whatever else is going on there.

I agree. I misunderstood your sentiment, thinking you were suggesting he not have been fired because countless other Rioters are absolutely loving bananas on social media.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
It's far from impossible, or even excessively improbable, that these guys were in fact on their last warning and Riot couldn't give them any more rope without risking a breakdown of discipline.

However

Even in that charitable reading of the situation, Riot should've known how bad this would look and, at the very least, had a corresponding show of good faith ready to go out in parallel with the news of the firings. At a time when they need to be seen cleaning their house out (and I don't mean of the whistleblowers), they instead spritzed a few weak shots of air freshener around and are trying to pretend it covered up the stench.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The founders need to resign. Nothing else will start to change the real issues.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Pretty much but they both get like 30 million a year according to the leak.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Amazing how this poo poo doesn't happen with Valve

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

Yeah they crack down on the would-be whistleblowers a lot better than Riot did.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Enigma89 posted:

loooooooool

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

lol

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

Ahahahaha

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
every single tech company over a certain employee count has some percent of absolute toxic shitheads like damore et. al.

source: I've worked for a lot of them.

i haven't paid specific attention to what designer dickhead said, but if he literally was saying "kill yourself" to anyone, he absolutely deserved to be insta-fired on the spot. That poo poo does not fly.

edit: to clarify just in case: the fact that it's everywhere does not excuse this sort of behavior at riot or anywhere else, obviously

Feisty-Cadaver fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 10, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Here's something that isn't sexism in gaming: Borderlands of the Galaxy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaDQB8lOlTk

quote:

Join the crew of the Morning Star for the Odyssey event in League of Legends, which starts September 12 with patch 8.18 and features Odyssey skins for Kayn, Jinx, Yasuo, Malphite, Sona, and Ziggs. The event will include:

- A Legendary skin for Kayn
- Epic skins for Jinx, Yasuo, Sona, Malphite, and Ziggs
- The return of PvE in Odyssey: Extraction
- Ward skins, emotes, icons, and mission rewards

They didn't have any of these skins on the PBE so I'm looking forward to some weird bug with the Kayn skin that makes it disabled for 2 weeks

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 10, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Sure why not, I hope the Kayn skin looks good because the red mage / green demon sucks

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
delete kayne from the game

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

riot deleted his creator instead lol

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Which is fine because his creator wanted it to be invisible to determine whether or not you'd go Rhaast or Shadow Kayn in a given game lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Here's an extremely low-res preview image of the skins and icons:

Kayn looks like a loving dweeb and Sona looks like a more green version of the Flatwoods Monster. Malphite's sick, though.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Kayn's aesthetic has always been "trying waaay too hard" and the new skin looks great in motion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Xi_ZM02j4

I love his dumb ult hologram, Kayn is so fun to play and finally has a skin better than his base

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kingcobweb posted:

The devs for Dead Cells seem cool. Please don’t tell me anything to the contrary.

They're an anarcho syndicalist co-op they rule

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That kayn trailer would be a lot cooler if I didn't immediately just think about all of the awful scandals that Riot has been having.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RealFoxy posted:

Hey I found a source since nobody else was. He was actually fired after being told not to engage with people but did so either way. It's not Riot's fault he was fired, he did it to himself

It's still riots fault

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Seriously; Brian Francis Sword authoring a bilgewater kata x garen fanfix would actually own if I wasn't kind of sickened by riot lately

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Firebert posted:

I love his dumb ult hologram, Kayn is so fun to play and finally has a skin better than his base

Is there anyone that knows what's being said in the video? I'm hoping Rhaast still exists as a snarky computer demon or something. So long as the voice acting isn't too zany or Burch-ey I'm down.

Also yeah those hologram images own!

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

Is there anyone that knows what's being said in the video? I'm hoping Rhaast still exists as a snarky computer demon or something. So long as the voice acting isn't too zany or Burch-ey I'm down.

Also yeah those hologram images own!

As someone who has played a lot of Kayn the holograms are easily the best part of the skin and likely the only reason I'd consider purchasing it.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

its curtains for Kevin posted:

That kayn trailer would be a lot cooler if I didn't immediately just think about all of the awful scandals that Riot has been having.

yeah I'm considering just dropping the game after this season and the next round of city champs

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dota is probably lovely but a good game.

Hots is maybe less lovely but then it's a bad game.

Smite is equally lovely and a bad game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Seriously; Brian Francis Sword authoring a bilgewater kata x garen fanfix would actually own if I wasn't kind of sickened by riot lately

My intuition is that the people who are producing jokes like Brian Francis Sword and expressive cinematics of Jinx aren't the same people farting in people's faces and creating a culture of fear and sexual harassment, so I still think it owns.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Smite is equally lovely and a bad game.

I think SMITE's alright, but the third person perspective threw me off a little too much. I think I'm also at the point in my life where it'd take a hell of a lot to convince me to pick up and learn an entirely new MOBA.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Trailers like this are usually done by places like blur studio, axis animation, digic, and sometimes even weta. The idea is to trick players into thinking it was done by riot or who ever commissioned em. Think every E3 ever.

Anyways well find out after a few weeks or months or whenever this event is over who actually did it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Vermain posted:

My intuition is that the people who are producing jokes like Brian Francis Sword and expressive cinematics of Jinx aren't the same people farting in people's faces and creating a culture of fear and sexual harassment, so I still think it owns.

I think SMITE's alright, but the third person perspective threw me off a little too much. I think I'm also at the point in my life where it'd take a hell of a lot to convince me to pick up and learn an entirely new MOBA.

well, it's not that smite itself is awful, but it's been withering on life support for years. Hi-Rez is really good at making a good game concept and then abandoning it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Vermain posted:

Good news! Smite is basically a copy of lol in third person.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Smite was the game that kept buying streamers and content creators out over and over and they never once admitted that it was a paid Ad, right? I remember every channel on Rooster Teeth playing it for weeks for no particular reason despite people complaining about every single video

That being said it looks super casual and kind of fun for an hour or two at a time

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
On the other hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xeq9l7DNY

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

nevermind, don't play smite

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Smite sucks and no money should be given to Hi-Rez anyway because of what they did to the Tribes property

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

Maybe Riot should emulate Valve's model, and have exactly one person working on their game