Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

And they are working on a way to access the weapon upgrade menu in game, as well as set new assignments and use new guns that you unlocked in that game. Many issues have been fixed or are in the process of being fixed, DICE says they will have a big list of changes they are making from the beta to release, in the same vain as what they did for alpha->beta, some time after the beta's end.

I was pleasantly surprised by how in depth the first set of Beta patch notes were. I'm actually optimistic for the post beta ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mordja posted:

So are most of the sights locked under some lovely lootbox/microtransaction system like I fear? You only seem to be able to get three fairly basic ones in the armory, but if you go to the customization section of your Company (and whoever designed these menus should be tried at Nurenberg) there are way more, including stuff like reflex sights and proper scopes. Also, :lol: at scopes being "cosmetics."
This was mentioned but I think all of the "default" sites are supposed to be unlocked from the start. On the Bren gun for instance, I just bought the "night ops AA" because it let me and didn't let me equip any other sights.

The bugs are infuriating and numerous, and the UI really just gets worse with every game. Please DICE get right of the HOLD BUTTON FOR 8-12 SECONDS TO DROP OUT OF REVIVE because everyone hates it.

Also never being able to hear enemy footsteps almost seems like a bug because it doesn't make sense.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I just want the time I waited for a medic subtracted from my respawn timer.

In fact, if I wait the full duration, give me a bonus speed up to the respawn timer.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That would be nice, yes.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Sintax posted:

Also never being able to hear enemy footsteps almost seems like a bug because it doesn't make sense.
I mean idk about this part, prolly just depends where you are... like if you're on the railroad bridge on Narvik it's always CLUMP CLUMP CLUMP

CLUMP CLUMP CLUMP

they're everywh*dies*

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
There's a lot of sound bugs in the beta. Battlefield has been about awesome audio cues and I can't imagine them taking that out for BFV.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Sintax posted:

Yeah there’s no way that was intentional. Audio is the #1 thing I’m looking forward to being fixed in the full release.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Once I ran across a road on the snow map and just got rammed head-on by a halftrack driving perpendicular, which I never heard

It's super weird having that happen with war tapes on since BC2 war tapes did the opposite and made vehicles really loud from far away.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
I think the biggest bug I ever ran into (apart from the ol critical death spawn issue) is the shotgun randomly levitating about 6 inches above my soldiers hands so it's impossible to use the iron sights for the rifle, it broke my pistol as well.

Love the game, love the ammo and health changes, it's all good good good! hitting headshot after headshot with the Kar98 is so satisfying, also taking out the tracks on tanks fucks them up making it almost impossible to steer it's a nice touch.

Speaking of tanks them being so loud is amazing except for when you can't hear your squadmates over voip/ts/discord.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Snipers who grab the bomb then stand in the back sniping are going to hell.

Also protip that I stupidly didn't know: ANY class can revive, medics just do it slightly faster.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

The bomb is picked up automatically, which is stupid

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kerosene19 posted:

Didn't realize how much I was depending on doritos. Eyes wide open now.

I don't mind the lack of icons on enemies. It means you actually have to pick them out of the environment instead of just tapping the spot key until they light up.

That said, everyone should be able to spot enemy vehicles though. I don't think you need to be a trained scout to say "Holy poo poo, there's a tank over there!"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Vakal posted:

I don't mind the lack of icons on enemies. It means you actually have to pick them out of the environment instead of just tapping the spot key until they light up.

That said, everyone should be able to spot enemy vehicles though. I don't think you need to be a trained scout to say "Holy poo poo, there's a tank over there!"

I think you can spot tanks with the alert button, but whether it hits with a marker or the generic yellow shield seems spotty.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
If you suppress an enemy as support, it marks them with a moving red diamond for a second or two, or maybe as long as you keep them suppressed, which is really cool.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pivo posted:

The bomb is picked up automatically, which is stupid

it’s so stupid

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The first day of the grand operation seemed really bad. Having to pick up bombs instead of just letting everyone plant like in Rush, when the bombs spawn way out in the middle of nowhere in clear view of five enemies, seemed really terrible. So did spawning in the planes making you wait three times as long to do anything as if a squad member spawn was available. I also died right after being revived because it made me do the idiot bomb pickup animation as soon as I was up, since I was carrying it when I was first downed. And one of the bombs bugged out and couldn't be picked up at all, so we were stuck doing it all with one bomb. Although that's not normal.

I did it 1 time for the dog tag and then went back to conquest since it's so much better. The grand operation felt like the "one side gets to camp while the other one has to make it across a miserable no man's land" experience that happens sometimes in Rush wasn't considered bad enough, so they made it even worse

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 10, 2018

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

the sten, K31, and lee enfield are also quite good. i hear tell the bren is hot poo poo as well but support can reload itself so it doesn't count much.

also please post your 95-15 scores with the STG. it turns out the gun doesnt make the man

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
The first match I've played and I got CRITICAL DEATH and can't spawn. Is this common?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Also protip that I stupidly didn't know: ANY class can revive, medics just do it slightly faster.

Only if you're in the same squad. Medics can revive everyone.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Spawn protection gone for release :toot:

https://twitter.com/tiggr_/status/1038842620926152706

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

whenever release actually is

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What does "critical death" even mean

Is it like rolling a 20 on your death

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I feel like getting rid of spawn protection for squad spawning is fine (since you know exactly where you're going to end up) but where you spawn around capture points is a more random so I don't think having it for that is a bad thing.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Digirat posted:

It means that you died so hard in game, Soderlund is gonna kill you irl

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I don't know why people keep saying this, it's only within your squad.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Digirat posted:

When it happened to me my body had ragdolled under the rear of a train a bit, so based on that single data point maybe it's when your body is in an impossible location

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

afkmacro posted:

Plz don't nerf STG44

Yeah it loving owns. I don't consider myself amazing (at least not anymore since HL mod days), but this thing in my hands is like an amazing homing-headshot bullethose that just deletes in a few bullets from anything up close to a good distance away. I realize the game is beta so things aren't balanced and subject to change (rip cavalry ironman in BF1 :sigh:), but man it's so loving good, and actually I kind of think that's a bad thing since right now almost every Medic gun is "assault rifle, but significantly worse". There's a venn diagram that almost overlaps, but just worse, and there isn't really much to distinguish the medic guns and your job should just be swap to an STG as soon as possible.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I tried to use other guns as much as possible, StG just felt dirty. The few times I played to win with it I usually went something like 50-10.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I don't really get the ammo hate to be honest. Granted I've only played about 6-8 hours of the beta, but I can only really ever recall once or twice where I ran out of ammo on my primary and had to temporarily switch to a pistol. Then again, I don't spray and pray, and I also exclusively play medic, so :shrug:

While it does feel cooler in a vaguely Red Orchestra way to have a slightly more realistic amount of ammo, I also don't really feel like going back to inflated amounts of carried ammo would be a bad thing.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Kibayasu posted:

I feel like getting rid of spawn protection for squad spawning is fine (since you know exactly where you're going to end up) but where you spawn around capture points is a more random so I don't think having it for that is a bad thing.

Even if they kept it for regular spawns they'd still have to change the current implementation to not make it obscenely unfair for the guy who comes around the corner and starts firing on someone they can't know just spawned

Xaris posted:

(rip cavalry ironman in BF1 :sigh:),

(rifling cav on horse is still a tank on four legs and better than dismounted cav ever was :ssh:)

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Drone posted:

I don't really get the ammo hate to be honest. Granted I've only played about 6-8 hours of the beta, but I can only really ever recall once or twice where I ran out of ammo on my primary and had to temporarily switch to a pistol. Then again, I don't spray and pray, and I also exclusively play medic, so :shrug:

While it does feel cooler in a vaguely Red Orchestra way to have a slightly more realistic amount of ammo, I also don't really feel like going back to inflated amounts of carried ammo would be a bad thing.

I can see both sides of it but not spawning in with full ammo is really dumb. It's like your soldier decided to grab a donut instead of some spare mags on his way into war. Also means you have to locate the nearest ammo pile immediately on spawn and deprioritize squad spawns (because we all know how likely getting resupplied by teammates is)

Anyway I guess it's going to get changed so not much to argue really.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

Nah, once you play enough of any BF game you should know the general spawn area for each flag. If you understand the map and follow the flow of the game you should know where not to spawn. Instead of spawning on a flag that is about to turn neutral because there are 20 enemies on it, spawn on the next closest flag.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

See thats why my k/d will never be amazing. I spawn right there because gently caress that, I'm gonna take out those suckers and reclaim the flag for us.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Sparticle posted:

Nah, once you play enough of any BF game you should know the general spawn area for each flag. If you understand the map and follow the flow of the game you should know where not to spawn. Instead of spawning on a flag that is about to turn neutral because there are 20 enemies on it, spawn on the next closest flag.

I mean I kinda get the arguments for it. Last night I was playing BF1 and I spawned into an uncontested flag. Game put me on a wide open hill side like 100m from the objective for some dumb reason and there was a sniper like 300-400m away literally already ADSed at my position and he domed me before I could even move. And that ain’t the first time that’s happened. Not to mention all the times I’ve been spawned with one or two enemies immediately behind me.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The fact that most players don't seem to understand even basic mechanics is definitely hurting the game right now. There's no cost to throwing out ammo/health and supports and medic should do so constantly. I've mostly played medic in the beta and I spam those kits at everyone who comes within 30 meters of me. You can also throw them quite far so you can just lob them out from a safe place.

Also the smg's are kinda mediocre and I always pick up the first STG / gewer 43 / ZH rifle I see on the ground. I think I reached rank 7 on the STG without ever playing assault.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Noctone posted:

I don't know why people keep saying this, it's only within your squad.

I thought I was reviving people in other squads too but I must have been mistaken.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Medics can revive anyone quickly, squad mates can revive each other.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

CascadeBeta posted:

Medics can revive anyone quickly, squad mates can revive each other.

Dice should of made an intro video when you started the beta which physically showed players how this works, and where ammo/med points are and that you can rebuild them. It would of saved so much arguing with dumb people in chat during games.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I thought I was reviving people in other squads too but I must have been mistaken.

There was a brief period of time at the beginning of the beta when squads were broken such that everyone was on a neutral squad, so you could "squad" revive anyone on your team. Maybe that's what you're remembering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

NuckmasterJ posted:

Dice should of made an intro video when you started the beta which physically showed players how this works, and where ammo/med points are and that you can rebuild them. It would of saved so much arguing with dumb people in chat during games.

As if 99% of people wouldn't just open palm slam their keyboard until any tutorial was skipped.

Level cap is out with a new terrible opinions video, I really hope they don't cater to anything he is suggesting.