Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Is season 2 worth watching if I got like 2/3 of season 1 and then got fed up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Eh. Joy's motivation is stupid and Danny is pretty much the same but the season is only 10 episodes long. It's not as bad as the Arrow shows.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I have to admit. I'm confused as to why the evil tea ceremonies in ep4 required three prostitutes.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I do not understand why anyone would be sad that Davos took the Iron fist. Danny facilitated triad war and Davos kills them all. Its pretty cut and dry

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Andrigaar posted:

I have to admit. I'm confused as to why the evil tea ceremonies in ep4 required three prostitutes.

Yeah, I always thought the minimum number of prostitutes needed was six.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Pillowpants posted:

I do not understand why anyone would be sad that Davos took the Iron fist. Danny facilitated triad war and Davos kills them all. Its pretty cut and dry

A lot of these shows, but especially iron fist s2 seem to do this weird thing with almost elevating murderous gangsters to pillars of the community. All Danny does do is help the triads and broker between them. Heck, the opening scene is him saving triad money from being stolen. Davos seems to be literally the only one who cares about a shopkeeper being stuck up for protection money by these gangs. The only thing Danny cared about was the punk kids muscling in on established protection racket and being worried they would screw things up. He didn't give 2 shits about the initial status quo that this dude is being bled by criminals.

Of course, davos has to go nuts and kill the shopkeeper because the show has to make sure you know that Davos is supposed to be the bad guy

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ep 6 I like when going after Davos Mary couldn't account for the fact that Danny was the worst Iron Fist ever and never learned more than the basics of his powers.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

ep 6 I like when going after Davos Mary couldn't account for the fact that Danny was the worst Iron Fist ever and never learned more than the basics of his powers.

That’s the problem with Superhero TV shows. iron Fist punches things. supergirl is a god with one weakness yet they made an entire show about how much she struggles to win.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Near the end of S2E7:

Aside from most of the people being selfish douchebags, I'm an apologist for Finn's awful take on Rand. But it's because I think only Misty, Ward, and Mary Walker are capable of acting through the chum bucket slop of a script that was crafted. The rest of the cast are only able to contain 90% of their cringe, resulting in the weird deliveries.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
K'un-Lun was just a place full of awful people.
I mean Season 1 made it look like Danny was the immature rear end in a top hat who abandoned them with barely some plan and almost zero focus on a goal or purpose.
But then Season 2 happens and oh boy.

Are they all dead now? I seem to recall something like that from end of Season 1, or start of Defenders. Because if so, good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

IF S2 is totally okay, its worst crime is being very slow-paced at the beginning. Damning with faint praise but it's way better than JJ S2.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
IF S2 over.

Beginning was awful, last 2 episodes weren't too awful. "Damning with faint praise" really is the key here. Also, I sort of tuned out a large amount of episodes 7 and 8 because I was wrapping up my first Chrono Trigger playthrough in a while. The ending setup looks like S3 might not suck, but it will.

Oh and add Eyepatch Guy to the list of actors that knew how to work with the lovely script.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
So going by the comments it seems like the show still isn't worth watching?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

Rule of thumb: goons are generally very quick to claim something that they liked is now bad, but very slow to do the reverse.

I've only seen the first two episodes, but the show's entertaining and shows potential. For what that's worth.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I have two episodes left. I like superheroes, martial arts and most of the supporting cast, but Finn is a bad actor.

It’s better than Season 1 and maybe JJS2, but just barely.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

If you like the other Netflix Marvel shows it's worth watching. It's not great by any means, but I'm enjoying it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The fight scenes are much better, partly because Finn has actually taken some lessons, but mostly because he's not in all that many fight scenes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Kegslayer posted:

Consensus seems to be "it's watchable". So that's exciting.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've never seen a sex scene scored like a slasher kill before.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm still asking when we're getting back to Colleen like she's the fireworks factory while watching, but it is better than s1. (Again, low bar, etc.)

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

AbstractNapper posted:

K'un-Lun was just a place full of awful people.
I mean Season 1 made it look like Danny was the immature rear end in a top hat who abandoned them with barely some plan and almost zero focus on a goal or purpose.
But then Season 2 happens and oh boy.

Are they all dead now? I seem to recall something like that from end of Season 1, or start of Defenders. Because if so, good.

Now it makes sense that he told every Hand member he saw that he was the Immortal Iron Fist therefore Kun Lun is completely unguarded.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

I'm still asking when we're getting back to Colleen like she's the fireworks factory while watching, but it is better than s1. (Again, low bar, etc.)

I dunno, I'd watch an entire series about Ward trying and failing to not be a jerk.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Yea, the show isn't unwatchable. But it's the type where you have to vent your frustrations as you watch.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Was anyone else confused for a few minutes when they started talking about a "Walker" who had taken pictures of Danny and Colleen? I was half expecting Trish to show up.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I found myself enjoying Ward's scenes a lot, but the show was at its best in the final five minutes. Going with a glowing chi sword? Gun fu? I was getting bored of how much the Iron Fist was just a move to punch the floor with, and I'm glad it looks like they might be prepared to embrace the goofy nature of this show.

As much as everyone hates Finn, I kind of like him? I don't think his acting is too hot or anything, but I feel bad. I don't even know why. Also, please give us that spinoff with Colleen and Misty Netflix. Those two are great together, and there's even a comic book precedence!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
They should replace Iron Fist with a Daughters of the Dragon show and just have Danny be a secondary character.

I don't mind Finn, it's just the character of Danny is written to be too naive.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Andrigaar posted:

Yea, the show isn't unwatchable. But it's the type where you have to vent your frustrations as you watch.

Everyone please stop watching bad shows just because they have comic book mans in them

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Everyone please stop watching bad shows just because they have comic book mans in them

What are some good shows?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Tagichatn posted:

What are some good shows?

Legion. It's not even a different universe, exactly.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Hakkesshu posted:

IF S2 is totally okay, its worst crime is being very slow-paced at the beginning. Damning with faint praise but it's way better than JJ S2.

Yeah, it's much better than JJ S2 slog of keeping Murder Mommy from murdering and failing.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The fight scenes are much better, partly because Finn has actually taken some lessons, but mostly because he's not in all that many fight scenes.

The fights are better, but on the other hand (or fist!) there weren't that many memorable ones like the Drunken Master or Bakuto in S1.

I do want a third season, but would also be okay with a 6 episode mini-series of the Daughters of the Dragon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Andrigaar posted:

The Crane Sisters (and the Crane Mother) are a whole thing in the comics from when Davos became the Steel Phoenix. No idea why they were dressed like they walked off the set of Cleopatra 2525 in this adaptation.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Okay that was a hot mess but it was a fun hot mess.

Typhoid was wasted on this season, but I've been waiting since literally Daredevil Season 1 for her, and I'm really glad her actress nailed the part. I was really hoping for the "WHAT AM I WEARING?!" scene from the comics but I understand in live action serious business Netflix that's not a possibility. Should've kept their powder dry, though, and not wasted her debut on Iron Fist's writers :sigh:

Interested to see how the actress handles Bloody Mary. Maybe they'll give her all her powers instead of just being, y'know, a thoroughly deranged psychopath.

Pillowpants posted:

It’s better than Season 1 and maybe JJS2, but just barely.

It couldn't possibly be worse.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 10, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CrashScreen posted:

I found myself enjoying Ward's scenes a lot, but the show was at its best in the final five minutes. Going with a glowing chi sword? Gun fu? I was getting bored of how much the Iron Fist was just a move to punch the floor with, and I'm glad it looks like they might be prepared to embrace the goofy nature of this show.

That stuff honestly feels like they filmed it after the season had already wrapped up when someone completely different took hold of the show and decided to make it fun. How can those fun things exist in the same show where the only move the iron fist users did all season was punching the floor to knock people down? Not to mention how pathetic it makes Danny look when Davos having TWO IRON FISTS is supposed to be this terrifying surprise. I just kind of assumed he could always do that if the situation had called for it.

PS:

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 10, 2018

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Iron Fist S2 is good. So what?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I'm almost done with Iron Fist Season 2. I like it a lot. They made good use of the themes of addiction and making peace with those close to you. The supporting cast gives it some zip, too. It's better than Defenders, IF S1, and substantial chunks of JJ and Daredevil.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I'm on ep 6 and I'm not hating it so far! The first couple episodes didn't really grab me but by the dinner in episode 3 I was invested, and felt like I actually cared how it played out. Alice Eve is pretty good too, I only knew her from eye candy roles so it's nice to see that she can act.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

It was better than the first season but mostly because of everything not Danny. I really wish that when Davos got the dragon's heart he was able to do the full body glow of Iron Fists past, even if for a few seconds, just to show how lovely Danny is.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lurdiak posted:

dressed like they walked off the set of Cleopatra 2525 in this adaptation.

IF2 just shot up my list of things to watch when I finish my Shore marathon

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Mary was good, Ward was good, and Davos was right. All the Triad dicksucking was ridiculous. Wanna see a show where Bushmaster teams up with Davos or a Punisher/Mary crossover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

soscannonballs posted:

Mary was good, Ward was good, and Davos was right. All the Triad dicksucking was ridiculous. Wanna see a show where Bushmaster teams up with Davos or a Punisher/Mary crossover.

yoooooo if Bushmaster got a glowing green heelkick that would be baller as gently caress