Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

.Z. posted:

I think you need Archives to read it, but here's the link: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3560557

Also don't forget his spreadsheets:

It’s viewable without archives! Thanks.

Holy poo poo, I’m only skimming it, but it’s everything I remember, and more! I had forgotten about the hobby affair, and “which outfit should I wear to the abortion.”

loving lol...

quote:

Leaning back, Slow Motion mumbles, "The Jedi are gonna feel that one." The brunette moves to his side, and Slow Motion accepts the Gurkha Black Dragon she proffers. Looking up at her, Slow Motion smiles broadly, revealing a platinum grill with "DEBT FREE" spelled out in diamonds. Reaching into the bowl next to his recliner, Slow Motion grabs a handful of $5 bills which he ignites with his 18k gold Zippo, and uses to light the cigar. A year ago, he was using $20 bills. Thank God for BFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what is wrong with these people

isn't an EE like the most employable of humans assuming marginal competence

He's not an Electrical Engineer. He's an Equine Enthusiast.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It’s viewable without archives! Thanks.

Holy poo poo, I’m only skimming it, but it’s everything I remember, and more! I had forgotten about the hobby affair, and “which outfit should I wear to the abortion.”

loving lol...

haha I forgot I made that. It was more effort than slomo ever put into changing his spending habits, bazing!

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

In BWM news, this popped up on my Facebook feed:

https://mvp.eventchain.io/event-details/67

I've no idea what those idiots paid for this, since it seems to be sold out, but however much it was, it was too much.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
didn't laurie penny accidentally sign a dealie that shanghaied her to that one

and divabot was talkin about it in the yospos buttcoin thread

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

bob dobbs is dead posted:

didn't laurie penny accidentally sign a dealie that shanghaied her to that one

and divabot was talkin about it in the yospos buttcoin thread

Oh no, this is just a small local yacht ride out of Vancouver. Apparently the Laurie Penny one is some thing where they hired an entire loving cruise ship for four days in the Mediterranean.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

So I leased a car to “lower” my overall debt and what I owed. Was this a smart choice? Could I do this again? Details in the text box
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/9e9uux/so_i_leased_a_car_to_lower_my_overall_debt_and/

quote:

I owed 6k in cc debt that I rolled into a lease of a car I love now. To be more clear, I bought a 30000 car, and traded it in for a 40000 car. I negotiated the price down to about 28000 with my trade in and specials/discounts. I got the dealer to agree to a 5 year lease which was a 330 a month payment. I then told them I’d like to roll 6000 into the lease but take it cash. They cut me a check and i’m paying 460 a month but no interest and when the lease is up the debt is gone. Am I dumb or was this clever?

Some added info. The credit card was at 27% interest if I recall. I couldn’t keep up.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Wait they bought a 30k car and got less than 12k for it in trade in? Did I follow that right?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Motronic posted:

So I leased a car to “lower” my overall debt and what I owed. Was this a smart choice? Could I do this again? Details in the text box
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/9e9uux/so_i_leased_a_car_to_lower_my_overall_debt_and/

I "got" the dealer to agree to a five-year lease.

It's like that episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where Mac and Dennis sucker that timeshare salesman by buying TWO timeshares.

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002
Wait until he figures out $130/month extra x 60 months does not equal $6000 :laugh: :iiaca:

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I "got" the dealer to agree to a five-year lease.

It's like that episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where Mac and Dennis sucker that timeshare salesman by buying TWO timeshares.

I DIDN'T COME HERE TO BE CRITICIZED BY A MAN STUCK IN A COIL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQlPsZmx8l0

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

SpelledBackwards posted:

I DIDN'T COME HERE TO BE CRITICIZED BY A MAN STUCK IN A COIL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQlPsZmx8l0

Oh, yeah. THREE timeshares.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Happy Sunday fam

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

How is he even less charismatic than Zuckerberg?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Didn't Kynteguy also have an insane caffeine habit. I really feel like the KG thread is a hidden gem in bfc history.

He had a project vw sandrail and bought a v6 ~1995 Camaro after having a child.

Who was it that had an insane 7/11 spending habit? Maybe that was KG as well.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

n8r posted:

Didn't Kynteguy also have an insane caffeine habit. I really feel like the KG thread is a hidden gem in bfc history.

He had a project vw sandrail and bought a v6 ~1995 Camaro after having a child.

Who was it that had an insane 7/11 spending habit? Maybe that was KG as well.

I spent $15 a day on two coffees and a breakfast bagel at a small-chain coffee shop that was on my way to work.

That habit lasted like 3 months and it was during a time when I had been living within $38k income's means on a $70k income so it didn't do anything other than eat away at roughly $300 of savings a month.

Now I batch-cook breakfast bagels every weekend for less than $15 of ingredients and it covers the whole week.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/9eesv6/i_am_a_livestreamer_one_person_donated_1000/ posted:

I am a Livestreamer. One Person donated $1,000 across 30 donations. Then Disputed all 30 payments on Paypal and won. What can I do?

Back in mid-July I did a livestream. During the stream one individual donated around 30 times to a grand total of $1,000. Donations had perks like forcing me to do pushups or turning my air conditioning off or even getting pepper sprayed in the face.

A few days later he disputed the donations with paypal claiming they were 'unauthorized transactions'.

I am quite confident these were authorized donations because he donated messages in German and his donation email address is a .de (german) email address.

I called Paypal multiple times who reassured me things would most likely work out in my favor.

I responded to the dispute with a long letter to PayPal explaining what live streaming is and how trolls charge back donations.

Despite this Paypal sided with him and returned the $1,000 to his bank account.

I called Paypal and they told me there is nothing I can do, no way to appeal this further, once it's been decided it's finished.

I went to my local garda station (police) who didn't seem to understand what live streaming was or chargebacks were and because of this didn't formally issue a fraud complaint. The reason they gave for refusing to file a police report for fraud was "Online money isn't real money. You agreed to Paypal's terms of service."

I live in Ireland which is an EU member country. I am 99.9% sure these donations were his and he charged back fraudulently to essentially troll me by getting me pepper sprayed multiple times.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

I spent $15 a day on two coffees and a breakfast bagel at a small-chain coffee shop that was on my way to work.

That habit lasted like 3 months and it was during a time when I had been living within $38k income's means on a $70k income so it didn't do anything other than eat away at roughly $300 of savings a month.

Now I batch-cook breakfast bagels every weekend for less than $15 of ingredients and it covers the whole week.
:getout:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/9eff1t/wa_husband_is_selling_all_of_his_assets_ahead_of/

quote:

(WA) Husband is selling all of his assets ahead of divorce
My husband and I are about to file for divorce. Key word: about to. We only talked to lawyers and will file this week. We still live together and don’t have any kids. We’ve been married for 25 years so most, if not all, of his assets were acquired after marriage. From what I understand, those assets would be split between us. My husband told me explicitly when we realized that divorce was the solution, that he will make sure I don’t get a penny of his. Today I found out my husband started “selling” his assets to family member of his and friends. For example, he sold his 2 vehicles to his brother for $550 each (cars are worth around $25k each). Then, he sold his watches to his dad for $700 total even though they are worth over $50k.

It’s Sunday so I cannot talk to a lawyer until Tuesday when we have an appointment and I would like some input. Is this legal? These assets are in his name only, so I guess he is entitled to sell them but what happens if at the divorce he is basically left with zero assets? Are we going to split my assets? Thanks!!
Husband is BWM. He is also back dating transactions between family and supposedly that's not only illegal but considered perjury.

edit:

Oh my this is gold. From the comments:

quote:

It happens to a lot of livestreamers. I wouldn't have minded if he charged back normally. But because of the fact that I got maced multiple times and this guy malevolently tried to cause trauma to me I'm upset.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Sep 10, 2018

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am 100% certain the credit card of the internet was legit paying me $1,000 to do dumb things is pretty gold.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Suspicious Lump posted:

:getout:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/9eff1t/wa_husband_is_selling_all_of_his_assets_ahead_of/

Husband is BWM. He is also back dating transactions between family and supposedly that's not only illegal but considered perjury.

Aw yeah, that's the stuff. Hook it to my loving veins

I so want to see the follow up in 6 months.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
What happens in this case? Clawbacks on all the property? The buyers know the husband is going through a divorce and the prices are way below market value, so I suspect the wife can force the item's return or sue for 50% of their real value. At least the husband is just hiding the assets, so it's unlikely any of the family members will sell the cars or watches. It's going to be loving beautiful.

My child's friend is a dumbass who stole a pair of AirPods out of the lost & found and at the local roller rink (turns out they belonged to the manager's son). He then sold them to another friend whose parents wouldn't give them back (said they were 'lost'). Dumbass' mom had to pay full price and her son is now banned from the rink. It's not as cool as tens of thousands of dollars in fraud, but he's still young and it looks like he's learning fast.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I will not get out

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Krispy Wafer posted:

What happens in this case? Clawbacks on all the property? The buyers know the husband is going through a divorce and the prices are way below market value, so I suspect the wife can force the item's return or sue for 50% of their real value. At least the husband is just hiding the assets, so it's unlikely any of the family members will sell the cars or watches. It's going to be loving beautiful.

My child's friend is a dumbass who stole a pair of AirPods out of the lost & found and at the local roller rink (turns out they belonged to the manager's son). He then sold them to another friend whose parents wouldn't give them back (said they were 'lost'). Dumbass' mom had to pay full price and her son is now banned from the rink. It's not as cool as tens of thousands of dollars in fraud, but he's still young and it looks like he's learning fast.

IANAL, but I imagine he'd owe her the value of what he's sold off. Court doesn't care if he actually has the money or objects or not, she'll need to be compensated and made whole.

It definitely doesn't look good for him getting an upper hand in any settlement that is for sure.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Yeah this is a very old, very well-known, very common “trick” and it is going to blow up in husband’s face spectacularly. People sometimes can get away with it, but not when they tell their spouse they’re doing it and selling to relatives who are in the country and subject to the same legal system.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DarkHorse posted:

Yeah this is a very old, very well-known, very common “trick” and it is going to blow up in husband’s face spectacularly. People sometimes can get away with it, but not when they tell their spouse they’re doing it and selling to relatives who are in the country and subject to the same legal system.

Most banks that notice this kind of activity will report it, too.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
The first couple of people to try that trick made out like bandits though.

Everyone else since then, not so much.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

FAUXTON posted:

I will not get out

:laugh:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The word the divorcing lady is looking for is "dissipation of assets" and it is a very bad idea.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

I’m confused. Did that guy get mace himself in the face on a livestream in exchange for the now-chargebacked donations?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Basically, yeah.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
From that divorce thread:

reddit posted:

Lol, yeah. OP - you know that old canard about how the husband gets cleaned out in the divorce, wife gets everything and now he's living by the train tracks? You're currently witnessing that situation.

I really want an update to this one once the divorce is resolved.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
I am relieved to learn that spraying yourself in the face with pepper spray for some stupid livestream is, ultimately, BWM.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Enchanted Hat posted:

I am relieved to learn that spraying yourself in the face with pepper spray for some stupid livestream is, ultimately, BWM.

I mean, if it got him more subscribers or whatever, maybe he'll still end up net positive on it.

That's the thing with streaming; a lot of full time streamers are terrified that if they stop escalating or whatever, the views/subscriptions dry up. Ninja (the current most watched Twitch streamer) took like a week vacation from streaming or something and 40,000 people unsubscribed.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

CellBlock posted:

I mean, if it got him more subscribers or whatever, maybe he'll still end up net positive on it.

That's the thing with streaming; a lot of full time streamers are terrified that if they stop escalating or whatever, the views/subscriptions dry up. Ninja (the current most watched Twitch streamer) took like a week vacation from streaming or something and 40,000 people unsubscribed.

I hope he's squirreling that money away somewhere because $500,000 a month is hay while the sun shines.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Krispy Wafer posted:

The divorce court judge will order the assets divided including ones that were "transferred", so she is owed half of their value regardless. When the ex husband is unable to pay he could be jailed for contempt of court.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So the gimmick is that the family members would give his poo poo back to him after the divorce, right?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So the gimmick is that the family members would give his poo poo back to him after the divorce, right?

Yep. And the idea is that he splits the cash sale proceeds in the divorce. Oh, I got $200 for selling the watches, here's your $100.
Except the judge is going to order him to pay the true half ($15k) from his $200 sale.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

This guy admitted to $190k in debt and then says "We are buying property from my grandparents for our starter place." Dude, you're going to be in debt for over a quarter of your adult life. Perhaps longer.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Don't the family members owe gift taxes for the difference between market value and the price they paid, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Thanatosian posted:

Don't the family members owe gift taxes for the difference between market value and the price they paid, too?

The receiver of a gift NEVER owes taxes. Only the giver if it's over their lifetime exemption, and they potentially have to do an informational filing if it's over their annual limit per person.

This misunderstanding ranks about #2, right after not understanding how tax brackets work.