Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pretty sure I'm dropping :10bux: on this game so I can buy an ultra box for incubators and raid passes now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm not seeing when the region exclusives will be available in 7k eggs, we thinking today at 1 pm pst? I don't want to load up on 7k duds.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
What I'm wondering is if presents received but not opened before whatever time they put the regionals in the eggs will run off the old pool or not.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Tremors posted:

What I'm wondering is if presents received but not opened before whatever time they put the regionals in the eggs will run off the old pool or not.

For every event that I can remember eggs huh based off of what event was or wasn’t running when you got them. So all current eggs would be a bust.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Louisgod posted:

I'm not seeing when the region exclusives will be available in 7k eggs, we thinking today at 1 pm pst? I don't want to load up on 7k duds.

The in-game notification says the Kanto spawns begin on the 13th 1:00pm PST and end on the 30th. I'd say it's a safe bet that's when they'll be starting.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wonder if where the eggs come from will have any impact on the regional.

I already have the kanto regionals, I want the hoenn ones :smith:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

quote:

Also, Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will appear more frequently all over the world and show up more frequently in Raid Battles until September 30!

Dragonite Raid Boss at last?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I wonder if they'll nerf the otherwise-generous catch rate of Mewtwo for this?

Oh and I guess this means I'll be raiding a whole lot more, starting 9/20. (I also need more Arcticuno tho, so maybe before then.)

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Duckman2008 posted:

For every event that I can remember eggs huh based off of what event was or wasn’t running when you got them. So all current eggs would be a bust.

Right, what I'm getting at is are the contents of a present in a backlog already predetermined or random at the time you open it?

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Remember, 7k eggs updated immediately upon egg pool changing, unlike regular eggs. They choose the Pokemon when they hatch.

Who knows if this will hold true for the regionals though.

Guess I probably won't need a kanga now, but still will need relicanth from our one NZ player, and Tropius from.....well...anyone who may be over that way.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
This Pokemon news made my day!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Apparently the announcement specified the 13th in Japanese but I can’t say for sure. So I’d hold off on incubating 9 eggs for now unless you just want to clear space.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
unless they remove all the aloha's from the eggs, do we really have any good chances of hatching The Regionals, and does it depend where the eggs come from? if I have gifts from people currently that might have eggs, is it safer to wait until after 1 today to open them, or do we know for sure?

Honestly not very excited about this, the timing is pretty horrible. Why not just do another day like they did for Farfetch'd instead?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 10, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I would say hold off on doing mass hatching until we start seeing reports of people hatching regionals on /r/thesilphroad or somesuch.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Given the spawn rate of Mr Mime over here at least, our account swapping scheme is still far easier than walking 7km for each chance at a hatch. In that time I could easily see double digit Mimes.

(Of course, this way is more "legit" and gives access to the others without swapping).

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

I would say hold off on doing mass hatching until we start seeing reports of people hatching regionals on /r/thesilphroad or somesuch.

Exactly what I'm gonna do.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm just gonna try to clear out what I have now to get ready. I've added the two people from Japan from our list too.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Niantic is brilliant, because I won't spend money on this game except when it involves getting something fancy and new with eggs

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I constantly incubate my eggs. As a result, I've manged to pick up a nearly full Dex just from hatching weird poo poo all the time. Leaving eggs un-incubated confuses me

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I constantly incubate my eggs. As a result, I've manged to pick up a nearly full Dex just from hatching weird poo poo all the time. Leaving eggs un-incubated confuses me

It’s more that the coins it takes to run 9 in parallel is significant so sure I always have one incubator running but multiple at once is for special events. I don’t think people leave things unincubated otherwise

Well maybe some burned out double 40 veteran but whatever

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I got a hundo Alolan Vulpix yesterday

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Psion posted:

Well maybe some burned out double 40 veteran but whatever

I hit double 40 on Saturday during my mega Moltres raid day.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Dr Tran posted:

Nice! My highest Alolan Vulpix is a 98% that I evolved into the Ninetales.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dr Tran posted:

Sup hundo buddy :)

Congrats on your Majestic As gently caress 'mon

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Oh man, 4 days of Mewtwo raids. I guess I need to get off my rear end in October and find some local peeps.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

Oh man, 4 days of Mewtwo raids. I guess I need to get off my rear end in October and find some local peeps.

You mean a month right?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

A month of Mewtwo raids is about the only way I would ever get one sans trading so this owns. Hopefully I can get a Khang from an egg.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Boywunda posted:

You mean a month right?

edit wow a whole month, that's awesome

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How long is the "guaranteed" lucky event going on for?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I just realized that I just used my incubators going for the 9 eggs hatched for the Celibi quest, and now Niantic launches a huge egg walking event. Smart on their part, but annoying.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Some people in a local group were complaining that mewtwo becoming a normal raid somehow devalues the mewtwos they got from ex-aids :rolleye:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Wheany posted:

Some people in a local group were complaining that mewtwo becoming a normal raid somehow devalues the mewtwos they got from ex-aids :rolleye:

I spent a good portion of Dragon Con running around like a headless chicken getting as many regional pokemon as I could, and I honestly couldn't be happier they're making Mr. Mime, Kangaskhan and Farfetch'd egg pokemon.

They can get over it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Wheany posted:

Yeah some people just don't raid enough to get EX-Raid so they can eat poo poo.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Almost every MMO makes it easier after some time to get the rare stuff you usually have to grind for. People can get hosed if they don't like that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah this is a real positive and these complainers should shut it: Mewtwo in the general pool means they're thinking about changing EX raids in the future, they have to be. Maybe not this month but EX will be something else.

time limited rarity is whatever; the mindset that thinks it's reasonable to have a pokemon that the rest of the playerbase can't ever have because they didn't sacrifice enough to the game? hosed up. it's not like having that mewtwo the last six months or whatever suddenly disappeared, you still had it and used it.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 10, 2018

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Absolutely nothing is backing this up but I wonder if they're doing this as a last chance for people to get Mewtwo before switching Ex-Raids to Deoxys or something.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'd love for them to just ditch ex raids, it is an awful, awful system

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bobby Cox posted:

Absolutely nothing is backing this up but I wonder if they're doing this as a last chance for people to get Mewtwo before switching Ex-Raids to Deoxys or something.

I bet it is, and I bet these Kanto only events are a way for people to fill up that dex before Gen4 is released as the spawns will be diluted once they're released. Phasing out gen1 spawns makes the most sense.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Louisgod posted:

I bet it is, and I bet these Kanto only events are a way for people to fill up that dex before Gen4 is released as the spawns will be diluted once they're released. Phasing out gen1 spawns makes the most sense.

I understand your point, but the entire gimmick of pogo is nostalgia, and gen1 is pretty much the thing the common people remember. I'm pretty sure it's like the base set in Hearthstone, gen1 is never going anywhere.

If they want to phase out gen2 forever, I welcome this change with open arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i'd love for them to just ditch ex raids, it is an awful, awful system
Pretty sure Niantic is making good money out of them at sponsored gyms, tho.

• Locked thread