Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

News Corp has some hard hitting facts to libtards

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...50a0353894411cf

Boomer clickbait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

quote:

THE ITIS

Meaning: A general feeling of lethargy or sleepiness.

Origin: According to Mic, the phrase “The Itis” actually originates from the word “n***eritis”, which was used in the US to reinforce the stereotype that people of African descent were lazy and didn’t enjoy working.

Never heard this one ever - but I reckon anyone using it would know exactly what it means.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Goffer posted:

Never heard this one ever - but I reckon anyone using it would know exactly what it means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBM2ahgnkbw

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Anidav posted:

Picturing Malcolm Turnbull in a hacker hoodie on his alienware laptop in New York leaking documents while giggling with Kevin Rudd on discord.

Disappointingly, the email was tabled by Dutton

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-10/fart-what-happens-when-you-hold-one-in/10222180

quote:

A build-up of intestinal gas can trigger abdominal distension, with some gas reabsorbed into the circulation and exhaled in your breath.
Holding on too long means the build-up of intestinal gas will eventually escape via an uncontrollable fart.
Concerning, if true

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

I reckon anyone using it knows exactly what it means, apart from that little animated girl.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Seems likely

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Definitely an email one would get from a random stranger they have no personal connection to.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Mark Knight Tragically Not Dead Yet

https://twitter.com/Knightcartoons/status/1039017329030393856

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Goffer posted:

I would assume mondayitis but I'm not an American.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Who was talking the other day about recreational fishers not thinking they do any damage?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-10/eight-platypuses-found-dead-in-fishing-trap-in-werribee-river/10221950

quote:

Eight dead platypuses have been found in a bait trap by a group of teenagers who were clearing rubbish from a river in Melbourne's west over the weekend.

"We had [another platypus trap death] with four or five in one net two years ago… but nothing like eight, no eight is just simply staggering."

Mr Forrester said he suspected the net may have been set up to catch yabbies in the public waterway.

"The yabbies might be the intention of the net fisher, but unwittingly of course, platypus come in chasing the yabbies and naturally once inside that small cone at the top of the net, the platypus can't get out.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

There's a nice nominee for least concealed bigotry for the politoons awards.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
CFA to announce Victoria fire season will begin on Monday.

For reference, most regions began November 20th in 2017.

https://www.theage.com.au/environment/weather/unprecedented-dryness-sees-cfa-declare-fire-season-starts-on-monday-20180906-p5026n.html

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Unfortunately they are experienced enough in underhandedly exploiting their connections to only put 'asking for advice' and 'call me' in writing, rather than the 'oi mate, sort this out for me' they surely said during the phone call.

Whitlam posted:

That dipshit who vandalised Eurydice Dixon's memorial has been ordered to pay $20,000, serve an 18 month community corrections order, and perform 200 hours of community service, and had a conviction recorded. Good.

Does anyone know what he actually graffitied? All the articles just say "a symbol", with a picture of two tarps over whatever it was. An offensive symbol makes me think swastika, but he seemed more about being an anti-woman idiot than a nazi. I'm glad they aren't giving his views exposure but I can't help but be made curious by those two tarps.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

A dick.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/KetanJ0/status/1038997931561443328

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

It's very cool to me that so much of politics is now based on public polling, and also public polling is utterly meaningless because you can generate literally any answer you want by asking the right question because people cannot be trusted to govern themselves

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Moon Atari posted:

Does anyone know what he actually graffitied? All the articles just say "a symbol", with a picture of two tarps over whatever it was. An offensive symbol makes me think swastika, but he seemed more about being an anti-woman idiot than a nazi. I'm glad they aren't giving his views exposure but I can't help but be made curious by those two tarps.

A giant peen, yeah. His charmer of a father was with him at court, who laughed and said he was proud of him. Some specific bloodlines really should be eradicated.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

The girl who beat her was an asian with dark hair, I think the white lady in the ponytail is on the wrong court

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

hiddenmovement posted:

The girl who beat her was an asian with dark hair, I think the white lady in the ponytail is on the wrong court

A fairly dark-skinned Asian at that.

https://twitter.com/uppittynegress/status/1039103597391306752

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Whitlam posted:

A giant peen, yeah. His charmer of a father was with him at court, who laughed and said he was proud of him. Some specific bloodlines really should be eradicated.

I knew he was an idiot but assumed it would be a more coherent or political symbol. He managed to ruin both the memorial and the time honored tradition of drawing dicks on things. What a loser.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

BBJoey posted:

It's very cool to me that so much of politics is now based on public polling, and also public polling is utterly meaningless because you can generate literally any answer you want by asking the right question because people cannot be trusted to govern themselves

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Moon Atari posted:

I knew he was an idiot but assumed it would be a more coherent or political symbol. He managed to ruin both the memorial and the time honored tradition of drawing dicks on things. What a loser.

He said he did it to protest "man hating" in the media coverage of the murder and as a general MRA protest. So I guess it was political, if by "political" you mean "extremely stupid".

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Holy moley

Edit: no I don't know why I'm still surprised at times how superlatively racist Australian politoons can be.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did he not know the other player was also a black woman

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

this is the content i look for in my national broadcaster

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
A third au pair?

https://twitter.com/Paul_Karp/status/1039054621933690880

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Whitlam posted:

He said he did it to protest "man hating" in the media coverage of the murder and as a general MRA protest. So I guess it was political, if by "political" you mean "extremely stupid".

Per the Guardian his statement was:

quote:

“I’m an advocate for equal rights for both genders. Not all men are bad,” he told reporters.

“I did the political graffiti because the mainstream media and feminists turned the tragic murder of Eurydice Dixon into one giant political man-hating event.

“This mainstream media propaganda and man-hating upset me so much that I thought I had to make a statement for men’s rights.”

Fuckwit.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Per the Guardian his statement was:

Fuckwit.

Owning the feminazis by proving them right.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Whitlam posted:

I get the distinct impression dickhead is doing a fine job of that all by himself.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

au trio

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

maulti pair, aultra pair, raumpairge, maunster pair, AUNPAIRABLE,

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Aupaircalypse Now

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
The good, the bad and the au pair three.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
The Third Au Pair(1949)

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I'm really enjoying this thread on Something Au Pair.com

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Law and AuPair
:doink:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
You know what they say, "au pairs in love and board."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whitlam posted:

This is one of the things that poo poo me the most about what he did.

Sure, if you want to be an anti-feminist, and protest at how the meanie weenie feminists are hurting and holding back the poor straight white men of this world by daring to not be barefoot and pregnant and cooking you a sandwich, go ahead. But protest something that is actually feminist, or something that could concievably be considered "man hating" or whatever bullshit issue you have.

Don't smear the memorial for a dead woman. A murdered woman. A young woman whose murder evoked no politics whatsoever besides, "it is sad somebody died, and I hope we can find ways to stop people killing other people in the future." Which is a sentiment this fuckknuckle felt strongly enough against that he had to draw a giant overcompensating dick, to really stick it to those grieving feminazis.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Surprised more people haven't gone nuts with the highschool french.

Remue-ménage à trois (commotion of three)

Copinage à trois (cronyism of three)

Parrainage à trois (sponsorship of three)

Etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

froglet posted:

Surprised more people haven't gone nuts with the highschool french.

Remue-ménage à trois (commotion of three)

Copinage à trois (cronyism of three)

Parrainage à trois (sponsorship of three)

Etc.

Ma Francais est tres mal.

• Locked thread