Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpikeMcclane posted:

What even is that? Pretty safe bet it's a Karate Bugman, but is his fighting style to yell, "No! Not in the face!" And proceed with impunity?

Kamen Riden Cross Z Magma. He mainly punches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwS8WAr784M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow this is kinda of a price goof.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/5722852/Diamond-Select-Toys-Action-Figure-Star/

The whole Solo first wave case for 22 bucks. I already had a few from that case, but never had the Stormtrooper or Solo, so it cheaper then buying just once. And I can use the better Rey to give the older figure the nice faeprint head.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Is that for real or some kind of glitch?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CelticPredator posted:

Dunno. I have it ready for pickup at the store near me so I will post if it actually the whole case or just a random figure.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Let me know. I want that Rey and Vader, so that’d be kinda worth it to snag for that price.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CelticPredator posted:

Having worked at an Office Depot for 4 years, I can tell you it is 100% real and also the continuation of OD’s site being a total shitshow. The site used to constantly mis-price items and we’d be forced to honor them in-store.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bah it was just one figure so I returned it. :smith:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe try getting it delivered?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I was tempted to grab Deejay and Solo to use them to make a custom Kyle Katarn, so I might try for delivery and see what happens.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I've got an Office Depot nearby. Is it worth me trying to go to the store or is this an internet-only mistake and the employees will know immediately that's not the right price? The few times I've been there they seem like the kind of staff who couldn't give two shits either way. It says in stock so I may just swing by because all this talk about it has made me want a donglover Lando in my home.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's almost certainly online-only, and I bet the "glitch" is that they didn't separate it into separate units, so if you order online, you just get whichever one they send.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Did the Black Series porgs ever come out?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Did the Black Series porgs ever come out?

Yeah, though I’ve yet to see them in-store. Amazon has them for the normal price, but they’re not in stock until mid-September.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I still want a Hot Toys Bespin Lando

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

https://m.gamestop.com/product/collectibles/toys/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-90s-movie-action-figure-bundle-only-at-gamestop/167619

In case you missed that Turtles bundle.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Awesome. Found a sixth scale one punch man for 100. Kinda worried about the Genos figure though, not seeing great reviews. Love the anime though, so I had too snag OPM.

Really wish I could find his normal clothes. Thinkgeek has him with the pajamas on sale for 130 and free shipping.

Wanted the OPPAI hoodie though :(

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Nice, i decided to go for it... I don't buy a ton of action figures these days but those look so good!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

:siren:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/09/05/neca-silent-night-deadly-night-2-blu-ray-with-ricky-figure-315860
If only there was a sweater and jeans variant with trash can and/or umbrella accessories.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZF0FG55TKg

edit: and if you could pose the eyebrows.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Division 2 Amazing Blowjob edition or whatever it's called apparently also comes with a decent looking figure of... a generic Division guy. Looks to be maybe NECA scale.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Fuzz posted:

Division 2 Amazing Blowjob edition or whatever it's called apparently also comes with a decent looking figure of... a generic Division guy. Looks to be maybe NECA scale.

It's not generic Division guy, it's BRIAN JOHNSON Action Star from The Division 2, the hit video entertainment software. How do you not recognize BRIAN JOHNSON, a character that has never been introduced before they announced this version of the game. Even the name is generic af.

https://store.ubi.com/us/tom-clancys-the-division--2-phoenix-shield-collectors-edition/5b06a39b4e0165fa45ffdd1b.html?lang=en_US

It looks Hot Toys scale and if it's that scale it's actually not terribly priced. If you're in the very narrow cross section of people who are looking for accessories for some current figures AND really desperately excited for the Division 2, this is actually a pretty decent value. It me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I picked a really bad time to get into MOTU Classics.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Division is a pretty okay game, but character designs is not a place where it excels. It is moderately interesting to see how many different tactical messenger bags they managed to design, though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RevKrule posted:

It's not generic Division guy, it's BRIAN JOHNSON Action Star from The Division 2, the hit video entertainment software. How do you not recognize BRIAN JOHNSON, a character that has never been introduced before they announced this version of the game. Even the name is generic af.

https://store.ubi.com/us/tom-clancys-the-division--2-phoenix-shield-collectors-edition/5b06a39b4e0165fa45ffdd1b.html?lang=en_US

It looks Hot Toys scale and if it's that scale it's actually not terribly priced. If you're in the very narrow cross section of people who are looking for accessories for some current figures AND really desperately excited for the Division 2, this is actually a pretty decent value. It me.

If you took off the tactical vest and gun, and put on the face mask and baseball hat, you'd have a really great 1/6th scale generic house painter.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen a figure that actually looked like a Bobson Duggnut but here we are.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teenage Fansub posted:

:siren:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/09/05/neca-silent-night-deadly-night-2-blu-ray-with-ricky-figure-315860
If only there was a sweater and jeans variant with trash can and/or umbrella accessories.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZF0FG55TKg

edit: and if you could pose the eyebrows.

I was wondering about that, because I assumed people only knew or cared about the movie now because of the internet meme. But it turns out that the original Silent Night Deadly Night was massively controversial when it was first released because the killer was dressed as Santa Claus. It was actually pulled from theaters after a couple weeks because of protests, and wasn't allowed to be distributed in Britain until 2009.

Of course, this is the sequel, which nobody gave a poo poo about until the meme. so who knows

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a meme before we called those things memes.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

SNDN 2 is great regardless of the internet. Half the movie is a recap of PT1. That's just handy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Finally got (most of) my NECA Predators arrayed on a shelf - there are about 10 more that didn’t fit.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Have you ever seen that movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger with that one Predator? It was pretty cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Have you ever seen that movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger with that one Predator? It was pretty cool.

You mean that movie starring Carl Weathers?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

You mean that movie starring Carl Weathers?

Yeah. They're doing a sequel this year, called Mr. Predator.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Now you take this sequel, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you’ve got a stew going.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Zing!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Never heard of it.

Incidentally none of the main character movie Predators are on that shelf, because I ran out of room. :suicide:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RevKrule posted:

I hope the teddy bear on his belt is a special grenade and not just some cookie cutter memento from a dead daughter to give the character "depth".

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was seconds away from pre-ordering the Dark Horse Hellboy when I noticed he’s only 7.5 inches and not the 12 I assumed he was. I’m having a harder time justifying $120 for one not much bigger than my old Mezco Hellboy, even with all the articulation and bells and whistles.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Sanschel posted:

I was seconds away from pre-ordering the Dark Horse Hellboy when I noticed he’s only 7.5 inches and not the 12 I assumed he was. I’m having a harder time justifying $120 for one not much bigger than my old Mezco Hellboy, even with all the articulation and bells and whistles.

BBTS has him up for 104. That would save you a few bucks... I thnk he loses the sword and an extra set of horns.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vakal posted:

I hope the teddy bear on his belt is a special grenade and not just some cookie cutter memento from a dead daughter to give the character "depth".
You know in your heart which it is.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Neat, vms toys is coming out with a sixth scale Bloodborne figure called Blood Hunter. Looks like Tom Hiddleston.

Still, has some neat accessories. Not as bloody as I imagined it'd be though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Xenomrph posted:

Finally got (most of) my NECA Predators arrayed on a shelf - there are about 10 more that didn’t fit.

This is awesome, I just went through a bin full of the old alien/predator toy line (hasbro?) and full nostalgia for all the sweet predators I had, and the awesome Ripley figure.