Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm watching anime today, as I await the challenge of Florence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Get mad at Devolver using a MAGA reference to market Metal Wolf Chaos instead.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

see this makes sense to me and i'm a big devolver digital fan

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raxivace posted:

I'm watching anime today, as I await the challenge of Florence.

ganbare

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

yeah this is the actual chud-pandering lol

esp. since fromsoftware were hesitant about localizing metal wolf chaos *because* they didnt want to tie it to politics

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

yeah this is the actual chud-pandering lol

esp. since fromsoftware were hesitant about localizing metal wolf chaos *because* they didnt want to tie it to politics

i dunno theres a significant chunk of change waiting in there. right now its not worth alienating half your playerbase and getting a bunch of bad press but if things continue to get more and more polarized? who knows

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You're seeing chuds where there are none.

please read this sentence in a "alt country singer song writer woman" voice wow what a great lyric

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

babypolis posted:

i dunno theres a significant chunk of change waiting in there. right now its not worth alienating half your playerbase and getting a bunch of bad press but if things continue to get more and more polarized? who knows
i feel like it's easy to divide the world into like 'half chuds and half normal people' but only 24% of the us even identify as republicans and only half of those people are trump lifers, and only like 10% of those people are Online enough to be insanely hard up for MAGA pandering. I don't feel like there's a market big enough to justify it for these big AAA games. A game that has republican sensibilities like SUPPORT ARR TROOPS, like call of duty, sure, but a game that is actually full-on qanon or whatever would never make enough money to recoup any kind of development cost beyond 'two guys programming on a laptop in an arby's.'

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Motto posted:

nah, the outright far-RW grift is mostly in low-budget crap

Right, AAA is where you go to see strong political statements presented as meekly as possible.

"So what's with the apartheid theme in your sci-fi game?
*laser dot drifts over forehead* "We're not trying to make a political statement" *kshk stand down*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

master chief has a suit that sucks him off, he'd lose in a heartbeat after getting his dick drained

We have to jack the doomguy off midfight then for fairness.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Endorph posted:

i feel like it's easy to divide the world into like 'half chuds and half normal people' but only 24% of the us even identify as republicans and only half of those people are trump lifers, and only like 10% of those people are Online enough to be insanely hard up for MAGA pandering. I don't feel like there's a market big enough to justify it for these big AAA games. A game that has republican sensibilities like SUPPORT ARR TROOPS, like call of duty, sure, but a game that is actually full-on qanon or whatever would never make enough money to recoup any kind of development cost beyond 'two guys programming on a laptop in an arby's.'

I'm really interested in that cyberpunk pixel game after revealing the original script was "matriarchal society where SJWs ruined everything and basic living allowance makes everyone lazy" because the studio developing it backpedaled pretty hard and make it sound like they discarded much of the original material.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

al-azad posted:

I'm really interested in that cyberpunk pixel game after revealing the original script was "matriarchal society where SJWs ruined everything and basic living allowance makes everyone lazy" because the studio developing it backpedaled pretty hard and make it sound like they discarded much of the original material.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?lang=en

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I didn't think the jokes in the Doom trailer were that bad (they weren't good either though) but I dislike that now the top 30 search results for Doom Eternal on YouTube are "ID CUCKS SJWS?"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

youtube is garbage

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

an actual dog posted:

youtube is garbage
youtube is a machine made to turn 12 year old boys into nazis

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

youtube is a machine made to turn 12 year old boys into nazis

and toddlers into... whatever the gently caress is the result of subjecting a young brain to all those videos where elsa from frozen gets spiderman pregnant

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It makes toddlers steal sugar and lie about it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

doomguy is volcel nofap and that's where he gets his supernatural demon ripping powers from

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Elsa gets Spider-Man pregnant Harry Potter buried alive chocolate egg surprise Frozen Batman videos on youtube that have like 100 million views each are dystopian as hell.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
*watches a single clip of an unrelated thing that has a five-second mention of a new game in it*

youtube: WHOOOOO WANTS THREE DIFFERENT THUMBNAILS SPOILING THE LAST BOSS FIGHT AND ENDING AND ANOTHER DOZEN IN WHICH ROTUND AND IRREGULARLY BEARDED MEN LAMENT THE DOWNFALL OF THE WHITE RACE

YOOOOUUUUUU DOOOOOOOO

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

doomguy has very strong opinions about family court

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't forget to smash that like button and subscribe

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Cowcaster posted:

penrose turdangle

poo poo, I've been doxxed

haveblue posted:

Not wrong, master chief would just punch him in the back

Also the suit fleshlight thing is not real sorry

one more strike against Master Chief, imo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

babypolis posted:

doomguy has very strong opinions about family court

I'd rather him have opinions about Night Court and smooth jazz sax intros

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When i was younger i once wanted to be a youtube star back in the early days of youtube and i eat cereal in a funny way and i thought i would upload a video of me eating cereal in that funny way and a man commented "you eat cereal in a really interesting way, you should make more videos like this :)" and his username was like something about spoons or food.

Anyway thank you for listening to my youtube story.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

master chief's suit does not jack him off, but it does suck the poop out of his butt to use as biofuel for its many electronic systems. read the lore.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

When i was younger i once wanted to be a youtube star back in the early days of youtube and i eat cereal in a funny way and i thought i would upload a video of me eating cereal in that funny way and a man commented "you eat cereal in a really interesting way, you should make more videos like this :)" and his username was like something about spoons or food.

Anyway thank you for listening to my youtube story.
that dude had a boner

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm at that point in the day where I wanna eat something but I'm not really hungry, so I'll eat something really light and unsatisfying that will just make me HUNGRIER than I was before I even ate anything.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

I'm at that point in the day where I wanna eat something but I'm not really hungry, so I'll eat something really light and unsatisfying that will just make me HUNGRIER than I was before I even ate anything.

my ancient falling apart body can't handle my daily routine of "no breakfast except for a big coffee, big lunch, big dinner" anymore. i eat lunch and i crash super hardcore, and then i don't want to eat dinner. unfortunately there are no logical solutions on how to rectify this problem.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I run 60-70 miles a week and have permanently messed up my perspective on what a reasonable amount of food should be. I eat like a loving glutton and I am still hungry ALL the time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

*watches a single clip of an unrelated thing that has a five-second mention of a new game in it*

youtube: WHOOOOO WANTS THREE DIFFERENT THUMBNAILS SPOILING THE LAST BOSS FIGHT AND ENDING AND ANOTHER DOZEN IN WHICH ROTUND AND IRREGULARLY BEARDED MEN LAMENT THE DOWNFALL OF THE WHITE RACE

YOOOOUUUUUU DOOOOOOOO
my life has gotten way better since i installed a chrome extension to let me block specific channels

because a lot of the time youtube just keeps recommending you the same three CUCKS GET OWNED channels even if you keep telling it you're not interested

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

my ancient falling apart body can't handle my daily routine of "no breakfast except for a big coffee, big lunch, big dinner" anymore. i eat lunch and i crash super hardcore, and then i don't want to eat dinner. unfortunately there are no logical solutions on how to rectify this problem.

Obviously the solution is soylent.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

that dude had a boner

He sure did.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say Tom Petty's music video for Don't Come Around Here No More was probably somewhat responsible for how he ended up like that.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/MckKirk/status/1039147271848427520

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

youtube is terrible however I do respect the algorithm's choice to show everyone plastic love and low fi hip hop beats to study and relax to

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

my life has gotten way better since i installed a chrome extension to let me block specific channels

because a lot of the time youtube just keeps recommending you the same three CUCKS GET OWNED channels even if you keep telling it you're not interested

I just literally never look at my youtube recommendations

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I mean, people posted that clip from Horizon ahead of release and that game ended up being quite good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/sheepytina/status/1039157061651582976

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's honestly exhausting how politicized even mindless consumer entertainment products have become. Like having a negative opinion of The Last Jedi puts you in concert with a bunch of MAGA chuds who rant for 20 minutes about Laura Dern's purple hair killing their childhood heroes, or thinking the horny character designs in Soul Calibur are kind of juvenile and gross makes you some kind of SJW cuck. It's all so loving stupid and none of it really matters. It's like people have fallen so far away from the processes to enact social change and have been so thoroughly owned by the psychopathic ultrabillionaires who run the world that the only thing we have left to get mad about is pick each other apart for which fast food chain most aligns with our moral standards. Sonic was right, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism, and I'll take the roast beef combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I kind of want a game where you have a Lara/Nathan Drake analogue just be the main villain.

• Locked thread