Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It was the classic trade-in evaluation hostage situation. To clarify, it wasn't the Genesis location but the Mazda location owned by the same dealer group. Who have a long reputation of assholery.

Not that the Genesis experience was any better. They flat out denied having all of the concierge services. Tried to tell me there were no discounts if they had to order or swap for what I wanted. At least from what I could hear.

The hip hop music was blasting from the non-Genesis part of the Kia/Hyundai store, which was muffling the yelling angry customers in the service area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Is this a real-deal Genesis dealer or one of those combined Hyundai dealerships? There’s a world of difference between the two judging by my local experiences. On one they let you take the car home for a 24 hour test drive while the other one has salespeople that don’t know basic features of the car.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Goober Peas posted:

Not that the Genesis experience was any better. They flat out denied having all of the concierge services. Tried to tell me there were no discounts if they had to order or swap for what I wanted. At least from what I could hear.

Tell corporate. No need for a huge sob story, but you're legitimately interested in the G70 and the dealer told you that none of the "Genesis Experience" Hyundai is advertising is real.

The point of the concierge service is never having to go to a dealer again.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

david_a posted:

Is this a real-deal Genesis dealer or one of those combined Hyundai dealerships? There’s a world of difference between the two judging by my local experiences. On one they let you take the car home for a 24 hour test drive while the other one has salespeople that don’t know basic features of the car.

They just opened the standalone store - that has an inventory of 10 Genesis and about 75 used vehicles. At this point my Genesis boner is dead.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Well, it sounds like you have a horrible Genesis dealer. I would also encourage you to contact someone farther up the food chain to see what happens. Venting on a comedy forum isn’t terribly likely to improve anything.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I was asked to share my experience :shrug:

Definitely not losing sleep over this

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
You really should shoot a quick email to corporate. Hyundai is trying real hard to get its lovely dealers in line and they would probably appreciate it. You might even get a little swag or at least an apology

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You really should shoot a quick email to corporate. Hyundai is trying real hard to get its lovely dealers in line and they would probably appreciate it. You might even get a little swag or at least an apology

This is spot on. It’s worth two minutes of your time.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Ultimate Mango posted:

This is spot on. It’s worth two minutes of your time.

What is the contact email for Genesis corporate? All I can find on the companies Canadian site is the generic customer support email and phone number.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
If you want the boss boss of Genesis, email Manfred Fitzgerald: mfitzgerald@genesis.com

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

I don't think anyone here was enthusiastic about them but the Focus Active is now dead. https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-focus-active-canceled-usa/

Does that mean future Focus ST and RS are doomed to a similar fate? If so, I guess that means the Focus is dead in the US.

Thanks, Trump.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Edward IV posted:

I don't think anyone here was enthusiastic about them but the Focus Active is now dead. https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-focus-active-canceled-usa/

Does that mean future Focus ST and RS are doomed to a similar fate? If so, I guess that means the Focus is dead in the US.

Thanks, Trump.

Future Foci / Fiestas were already dead. There might have been a Focus Active ST, now we'll probably get an Escape ST with the 2.3 cranking out 300+hp in a FWD crossover? Does that excite anyone?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Twerk from Home posted:

Future Foci / Fiestas were already dead. There might have been a Focus Active ST, now we'll probably get an Escape ST with the 2.3 cranking out 300+hp in a FWD crossover? Does that excite anyone?

the american buying public probably

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Twerk from Home posted:

Putting the ST label on the Edge still feels weird to me

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Monkey Fracas posted:

Putting the ST label on the Edge still feels weird to me

I would buy an "i" emblem and rearrange the badges to say EdgieST

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

the person in this thread that was happy that the eclipse was coming back as a CUV probably

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

hifi posted:

the person in this thread that was happy that the eclipse was coming back as a CUV probably

dont subtweet me

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I am unironically excited by the prospect of an Eclipse SUV, because I want experience the Mitsubishi fanboys crying a Mississippi River's worth of salty tears.

If they make a Lancer and the Evo into an SUV, I might just die of glee.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MrChips posted:

I am unironically excited by the prospect of an Eclipse SUV, because I want experience the Mitsubishi fanboys crying a Mississippi River's worth of salty tears.

Mitsubishi fanboys? There must be like two of them.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Uh, the Mk3-on Eclipses were universally despised piles of crap. Whatever fanbase the MK1 and MK2 cars built had long since shifted to the Evo.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
There's something about the MK3 Eclipse that basically sums up everything wrong with early 2000s car design. It looks horribly dated - the MK1 cars with the pop-up headlamps aged like 1000 times better despite being designed before the wall came down.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Frond posted:

Uh, the Mk3-on Eclipses were universally despised piles of crap. Whatever fanbase the MK1 and MK2 cars built had long since shifted to the Evo.

the 3s are bad but lol the mk4 ones are so goddamned bad

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I don't think I've ever met a "Mitsubishi fanboy" or a "MItsubishi owner" who are these mysterious people you speak of?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

MrChips posted:

They made a Pajero Evo back in the 90s. Actually a pretty cool vehicle.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Twerk from Home posted:

Prediction: nobody is going to buy the Edge ST. Fast SUV's sell well to people with a decent amount of money because it's ostensibly more of everything. Cayenne's, Trackhawks, AMG GLE's, X5M's, etc are for people looking to buy an SUV for the practicality, but then they have an extra 30 grand burning a hole in their pocket which will get them more power and bling.

Anybody buying an Edge wants an appliance car, and anybody buying a performance SUV has way more than 43 grand to spend it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

dissss posted:

They made a Pajero Evo back in the 90s. Actually a pretty cool vehicle.

Dakar homologation vehicle - SWB, 3.5 litre NA, completely different wishbone suspension, close to 300hp and so drat good they defeated the open class cars in the Dakar.

https://jalopnik.com/meet-the-mitsubishi-pajero-evo-the-last-forgotten-homo-1704009601

I doubt Mitsubitshi would ever do soemthing like that in a SUV EVO tho.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pryor on Fire posted:

I don't think I've ever met a "Mitsubishi fanboy" or a "MItsubishi owner" who are these mysterious people you speak of?

havent you met our resident mitsubishi grumpy guy, octopus magic

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Dakar homologation vehicle - SWB, 3.5 litre NA, completely different wishbone suspension, close to 300hp and so drat good they defeated the open class cars in the Dakar.

https://jalopnik.com/meet-the-mitsubishi-pajero-evo-the-last-forgotten-homo-1704009601

I doubt Mitsubitshi would ever do soemthing like that in a SUV EVO tho.

The EVO will be the hybrid model.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Powershift posted:

The EVO will be the hybrid model.

Imagine I just posted the NO... NO... NO NO NO!!! gif.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Pryor on Fire posted:

Hello I am a Mitsubishi owner (evo X) nice to meet you.

I wouldnt consider myself a fanboy because outside of the Pajero and Evos they dont make anything good (except air conditioners).

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
You can count all of the good cars Mitsubishi has ever built on one hand.

Personally;

LanEvo
Starion
Galant Lambda Coupe
Eclipse
Lancer EX Turbo (RWD)

HM: Galant VR4

Well I guess that's two.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Don't forget the mitsubishi flying pug.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
My television is a Mitsubishi

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

there are DSM, Evo, and 4g63 fanboys but yeah i don't think there are all-encompassing mitsubshi fanboys

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

CornHolio posted:

My television is a Mitsubishi

They were good. Not a sony but they were good. Also fridges and a/cs are good. When I was an apprentice there was a guy in my class that went from peugeot to a galant that had variable height suspension and stuff, impressive But they tainted themselves to be the last carb in a car manufacturer of cheap poo poo cars in the 90s.

also: ASTRON II 2.6!!!! It's a hemi with magical balance shaft!!!!!

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 12, 2018

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
In markets outside of North America the various iterations of the Pajero still have a following because Mitsubishi is still selling the body on frame live axle version from the 1990s for dirt cheap, compared to the Landcruiser LC70 and Patrol Y61s from the same era that are also still being sold.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Frond posted:

You can count all of the good cars Mitsubishi has ever built on one hand.

Personally;

LanEvo
Starion
Galant Lambda Coupe
Eclipse
Lancer EX Turbo (RWD)

HM: Galant VR4

Well I guess that's two.

No love for the 3000gt vr4v?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

KidDynamite posted:

No love for the 3000gt vr4v?

Nobody loves that car

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Pretty sure the 3000 was so pricey and hard to get no one bought it, it would be throwing money at something that might be good, but might not be, so it could be worthless on the resale market. Nissan and toyota seemed safer, plus ze germans... For people to think that means no one took mits seriously in the first place, which is true.
Confession: I always liked the evo 3 and 4, but a stopped clock is right once, and there's cheaper cars just as interesting these days.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

A friend of mine in ~2002 had a 3000 gt VR4 with upgraded turbos. That thing hauled rear end... when it wasn't broken with insanely difficult to reach things that needed replacement, so about 90% of the time that he owned it. When it was working though it was a lot of fun, and a very comfortable place to be.