Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

And take that RIDICULOUS thing OFF!

[Spiderman takes off his fake mustache]

Lmao

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

that was kind of you

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lmao

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
https://i.imgur.com/ReDP73e.mp4

#NotMyMegaMan

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ahahaha

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232922232679

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

i don't like your wording.. but i agree that it doesn't look good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's fine, actually.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
yeah whats so bad about it. its just megaman right. he looks like megaman, the boss looks like a conventionally stupid megaman boss, the movement looks normal etc.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
People freaked out on social media and sent death threats to the devs because Megaman doesn't do the cute freeze in the middle of the air and then get pushed through the boss door as the screen scrolls which is apparently a memey thing in the original Megaman games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only weird part is that megaman falls to the ground before the screen transition instead of after. But it looks better already than like 80% of mainline Megaman games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

People freaked out on social media and sent death threats to the devs because Megaman doesn't do the cute freeze in the middle of the air and then get pushed through the boss door as the screen scrolls which is apparently a memey thing in the original Megaman games.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. Have the guy's home address? Guess I could toss my letters in with the rest.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Well I'm kind of biased against the 3d model 2d plane style.. I haven't seen really much of any footage of that game so maybe it actually looks good but something about 2.5d games just rubs me the wrong way

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i really dislike the style

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The only weird part is that megaman falls to the ground before the screen transition instead of after. But it looks better already than like 80% of mainline Megaman games

In Training posted:

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. Have the guy's home address? Guess I could toss my letters in with the rest.

The two sides of me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i really dislike the style

It looks kinda flat and ugly but not X series bad at least.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

it looks real bland and a lot of the backgrounds are just empty black voids

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

It looks kinda flat and ugly but not X series bad at least.

Yeah it's just kind of lifeless

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

imo maybe dont make your new megaman game look like mighty no 9 just yet, wait a few years for that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive never thought of megaman as particularly good looking as games go. at least thats not really the appeal of the series, right? you basically just need to see the attacks and the platforms and stuff.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it looks ok in places, like the outside parts of block mans level

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

ive never thought of megaman as particularly good looking as games go. at least thats not really the appeal of the series, right? you basically just need to see the attacks and the platforms and stuff.

i dont like the 3d graphics 2d platformers in general because it often makes tighter actions more ambiguous, which sucks for megaman

but i havent played the demo yet so who knows, i think the new mario games use it fine, even if its not exciting

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

i dont like the 3d graphics 2d platformers in general because it often makes tighter actions more ambiguous, which sucks for megaman

but i havent played the demo yet so who knows, i think the new mario games use it fine, even if its not exciting

but there are some benefits like its much easier to animate drawn characters clearly than with pixel stuff, especially with modern resolutions in mind. i think it will play a lot better than mighty number 9 cos that whole thing was just 3d models except the game played in 2d. and the 3d wasnt good either

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this is more like hollow knight style 3d where its flat drawn characters on a 3d plane. the backgrounds and characters look hand drawn to me. its not the prettiest thing in the world but it will control well and the animation will look good

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
yeah im not a fan of how it looks but it seems like it'll be an ok game.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
the things that megaman games must absolutely not fail at are good stage design/gimmicks and music.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
from playing the demo i think some of the collision feels wonky but its fun. i like the slowdown/powerup system

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

That and the floaty controls made me a lot less hyped for bloodstained but then again curse was good so...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there a free demo out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

In Training posted:

The only weird part is that megaman falls to the ground before the screen transition instead of after.
I am very mad at this irl