Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Tai posted:

Is farming low level delves a thing for fossils? Or do the good ones not drop that low.

They almost all drop at low levels. The lower tier ones are dropping in price a bit now. I was selling corrodeds at 5 or 6c a couple days ago. Down to 2c at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Tai posted:

Is farming low level delves a thing for fossils? Or do the good ones not drop that low.

I've found caches around level 10 or so. They tend to be tiny, with maybe 1-2 fossils each. I think the type depends more on the biome you find them in than depth though.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Oh god I just tried Flicker Strike with my 15 aps char oh god I'm so far away I don't even know where the ca

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The Locator posted:

I somehow managed to to get my first three labs done without a death, which is pretty much unheard of for me. Of course this means that I'll die a billion times trying to get uberlab completion!

I will finish act 10 tonight hopefully.

I really need to make some currency so I can get a new weapon before I need to start filling out the weapon specific damage nodes on the build. I am going to get that axe allowing me to use smite with no mana because currently I'm horribly addicted to Mana potions and can't run wrath or I go oom too fast to be functional.

Last I looked they were about 30c, but I've only got about 10c to my name. Maybe time to path to some currency nodes in the delve. I'm around depth 80 now and haven't hit a currency node since much shallower so hopefully they have decent payouts now.

Every attack build I make, I beeline to the area with the first mana leech node and keep it there until I get mana leech through an item.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Vasudus posted:

I have it linked to Minion Damage, Minion Speed, and Maim. It reserves 52% mana, so I had to get a 4% reduced node to run Anger in addition. I'm going to see if I can run it with Anger linked to a L3 Enlighten and save the two points.

I just succeeded with those links and a level 2 enlighten. 100% of my mana is reserved.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Just a reminder for those finding the "worthless" fossils, who don't list stuff below a certain threshold. The fossils and one-socket resonators are great to use for rolling and re-rolling maps without using alchs/scours/chaos.

And Perfect Fossils roll quality 15-30%, which makes them comparable to using 4 chisels.

nerox fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 10, 2018

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Tai posted:

The really rare ones don't but the ones that do are still really good for how easy it is to farm them. I think the economy might get weird once the bots get really good at farming shallow mines, there's just so much fossils and currency lying around

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want to play Path of Exile when I get off work today but instead I need to clean up the garage because the wife and I allowed it to fall apart.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

elementalist or occultist for a pp arc/lw char? Occultist seems neat with ES and profane bloom.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Currently occultist, I miss reflect immunity from elementalist very very much.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do you really need profane bloom with arc pens? seems unnecessary

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I wish Rampage wasn't so good, because the items that give it are all bad.

Debating between running a Bisco's Collar and some rare gloves, or Wyrmsigns with a sicknasty crafted Stygian Vise.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am working on this build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2214139/page/1#p15802562 and currently it seems pretty badass but I am still very early.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how different is that one from mathils

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yo that clip of a couple of Empyrian's Delve group getting oneshot by a white wolf in Delve 1200 has been floating around, so I decided to take a look at the team's profiles and this is what a really dedicated Delve team looks like:

Snap: The guy who always shows up in the messages because he's the highest level. Pretty standard fully geared Ascendant aurabot, only big innovation is 2 copies of Vaal Grace + a Vaal Haste with Soul Ripper for better Vaal aura sustain.
Omni: Mana Guardian, doesn't really have gems in his gear and is the lowest level of the group. Exists to Mana Guardian for the group.
Grant: Dedicated Curse Occultist. Curses enemies with turbo powered Ele Weak, Proj Weak, Enfeeble, Assassin's Mark, and Temp Chains. Also, self inflicts Temp Chains with a lot of skill duration and uses a Soul Ripper to sustain a huge duration double Gluttony of Elements.
Empyrian: Elementalist support. Unique 4th support that uses Elemental Hit with jewels to force 100% Cold Damage, and supports it with Elemental Proliferation and Chance to Flee to CC the mobs. Buffs the hell out of elemental status effects and uses Yoke of Suffering to shock/give more damage to the DPS. Also 3 piece Fenumus set for powered up spider webs to increase damage/CC even more.
Dahun: TShot DPS. Empyrian said that they might switch to a different skill if TShot starts not doing enough damage, but this build uses a mirror tier Shaped Harbinger Bow with 461 PDPS, 31% phys as extra cold, 20% chance to double damage, and Zerphi's Heart/Headhunter with self curse Temp Chains/Kaom's Roots to make the buffs last longer.
Chilly: Indigon Poet's Pen Ball Lightning + Arc Occultist. Looks like a relatively standard Indigon PP build.

Some cool things their group is doing:
- Every single person in that group is CI or low life, the two DPS characters both have ES gain on hit Watcher's Eyes. They all have about 20k ES or more.
- With the Soul Ripper supports, I am guessing they maintain near 100% uptime for Gluttony of Elements and a turbo buffed Vaal Grace. So presumably almost 100% immunity to all elemental damage and like 60-70% dodge + spell dodge.
- The people in the group who are not CI are chaos resist capped through Atziri Flask + gear.
- Mobs are all inflicted with probably a 75% less damage Enfeeble, 75% slow Temp Chains, and chilled/frozen.
- Almost everyone is running a full suite of ele resist flasks. Between that and the supports I'm guessing everyone is running around with close to 90% all resists.
- Despite the defense stacking, someone seems to get oneshot on almost every Delve they do at that depth.

Yeah, Delve gets HARD.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
I wanna try the hard delves, but if it takes a week for people playing 12 hours a day, with 5 players feeding sulphite to one, to get to the hard delves, that is going to be 2 months or so for any normal solo player, and you can't swap characters or you have to start over.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I did Chimera today, and also did my first ever Uber Atziri. Funny enough, I didn't die to uber atziri, but I did die to a quad-essence pack outside her room. She only dropped a vertex.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/FilthyMonkey/MonkeyMonkey?i=0

First time playing BV, and its damage with stat sticks doesn't really even same fair. It just shreds everything. Chimera only stood up to a couple of seconds of BV contact. Even uber-atziri was just being torn apart. The most dangerous part was just dodging crap on phase transitions.

I will say that the build itself isn't particularly tanky, but with bosses getting shredded and packs getting instantly frozen/shocksploded, it also isn't dying left and right. Can totally get one shot by some mechanics still though.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Ultima66 posted:

Yo that clip of a couple of Empyrian's Delve group getting oneshot by a white wolf in Delve 1200 has been floating around, so I decided to take a look at the team's profiles and this is what a really dedicated Delve team looks like:

Yeah, Delve gets HARD.

Can you link the clip?

J
Jun 10, 2001

synthetik posted:

Can you link the clip?

https://clips.twitch.tv/RockyFuriousNigiriBleedPurple

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Applebee123 posted:

I wanna try the hard delves, but if it takes a week for people playing 12 hours a day, with 5 players feeding sulphite to one, to get to the hard delves, that is going to be 2 months or so for any normal solo player, and you can't swap characters or you have to start over.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the level these poopsockers are at after a little over a week is twice what you would need for the most extreme delve depth league challenge, and four times what you need to spawn the highest level delve encounters (in terms of monster level and possible encounters; it's just the modifiers that keep going upwards into crazytown after that). It's silly to describe it as though it were the delve endgame that any sane person should have their sights on.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Delves start getting more 'worth it' (they're always worth it) around 200, then in the late 200s you cap out at ilevel 83. Past 300 it's really good loot and pretty hard. That 600 depth challenge counting for endgame grinds is 100% spot on. I made it to the low 300s on my first character and it was really good, both in terms of difficulty and reward.

So I wouldn't worry about it at all.

edit: don't forget also that they're almost at the absolute limit that GGG originally coded for delves. It was 1500 before they got close to 1000 already, so they upped it to 3000. It's not really 'unlimited'.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 11, 2018

Elerion
May 31, 2011
As long as you’re mapping and treating delve as a side activity, the sulphite costs seem perfectly fine. The people complaining about sulphite costs mostly complain that they can’t do exclusively delves. I can see their point if they are sick of mapping, but delves are already ludicrously profitable at current cost. A tier 16 map costs 25-30 chaos to run. The same monster level can be found in delves for 240 sulphite per square, with crazy high density and lots of bonus chests.

If delves were made cheaper to run, they would have to tune down xp and loot by a ton to avoid completely invalidating the rest of the game. Which would make it much less interesting for players that treat it as a side activity.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

I mostly complain about Delve costs because it's still difficult to sustain red maps and the shaper strongholds don't spawn frequently enough. Delve is something I feel I can keep progressing in, as opposed to just running fulled alced / chilseled / vaaled red maps and not getting new red map drops.

Edit: I am more annoyed that red maps are still difficult to sustain, and that delve takes a while to sustain it just adds to the headache.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Sep 11, 2018

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Any goons have Tora 7 and/or Haku 7? I need some help rerolling some mods so I can triple balance my Wise Oak.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

Elerion posted:

If delves were made cheaper to run, they would have to tune down xp and loot by a ton to avoid completely invalidating the rest of the game. Which would make it much less interesting for players that treat it as a side activity.

Which would make Delve not as fun anymore. I really hope GGG doesn't listen to the reddit whiners on this one. Leave it as it is and have people run the maps to get sulphite. And fix Quarry at the same time, no wonder people want changes if all they do is permafarm Quarry for ~30 sulphite/run for hours at end. Force them to do maps like it was ment to be.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Increase white map Sulphite rewards by 25%, increase yellow map Sulphite rewards by 33%+.

The problem isn't so much that Quarry farming exists, but that delves are overall a much better experience compared to whites and yellows to the point where Quarry farming is attractive. Running reds is still the best overall reward for time invested.

Running Quarry for 5k Sulphite when each delve is 140+ is pain and despair and I won't be repeating that one.

nerox
May 20, 2001
How are people getting Level 21 Vaal gems in Delve? I thought that was only through the double corrupt gem alter.

J
Jun 10, 2001

nerox posted:

How are people getting Level 21 Vaal gems in Delve? I thought that was only through the double corrupt gem alter.

The gem rooms in delve can spit out multi corrupted gems sometimes. Saw a screenshot of a 21/23 vaal blade vortex for example.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Speaking of delve loot, I've seen stuff like 30% qual and a blue ring with master multimod and nothing else which was pretty interesting I guess

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I've seen stuff like 30% qual

That make me wonder, does the 10% extra quality help with 6-linking? You could only get 30% as a corruption in bestiary, so you couldn't really test it then.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Delves start getting more 'worth it' (they're always worth it) around 200, then in the late 200s you cap out at ilevel 83. Past 300 it's really good loot and pretty hard. That 600 depth challenge counting for endgame grinds is 100% spot on. I made it to the low 300s on my first character and it was really good, both in terms of difficulty and reward.

So I wouldn't worry about it at all.

edit: don't forget also that they're almost at the absolute limit that GGG originally coded for delves. It was 1500 before they got close to 1000 already, so they upped it to 3000. It's not really 'unlimited'.

Do you think it's more efficient to delve sideways at a level where you can comfortably explore all darkness, or push down at a level where you basically ignore the side paths?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its worth it to push hard downwards until around 150 since thats the level where azurite stops being so much of an issue and your darkness resistance catches up

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Elerion posted:

As long as you’re mapping and treating delve as a side activity, the sulphite costs seem perfectly fine. The people complaining about sulphite costs mostly complain that they can’t do exclusively delves. I can see their point if they are sick of mapping, but delves are already ludicrously profitable at current cost. A tier 16 map costs 25-30 chaos to run. The same monster level can be found in delves for 240 sulphite per square, with crazy high density and lots of bonus chests.

And even if people are sick of mapping and want to exclusively delve, won't they very rapidly then get sick of delving and want...? This complaint has an age-old history and GGG can't really win.

Red maps can't be sustained on their own unless the RNG favours you. Delves can't be sustained on their own at all, eventually you have to surface for more sulphite. GGG keeps coming up with ways to make players do different things (breaking a lot of shaped Atlas strategies seems like another nerf in this vein but to be fair I barely understand shaped Atlas strategies so maybe I'm wrong here) but a certain vocal subset of players literally just want to do the single most fun or most rewarding thing over and over forever and that is never going to stay fresh. It worked for Diablo 2 but that was nearly twenty goddamned years ago, we were all younger then and easier to please.

I think that slowing down the content-creation treadmill is just a bonus for GGG, and the actual design intent is just "we don't think rewards should come too easily or too consistently", just like with trading or any number of other things in this game. While they'll tinker around the edges for QoL purposes the core design is always going to be "grinds upon grinds and RNG upon RNG", and I think it's kinda telling that the usual "go back to Diablo 3 if you don't like it" shitposts aren't so much in evidence during this extended Delve tantrum over there.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 11, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Delving sideways is absolutely a good idea if you're okay with the level/loot. I'm currently hanging around whatever delve level that has level 75-77 mobs on my Guardian because the sulphite cost, overall difficulty, overall loot, and experience earned will take me into the late 80s just fine.

This being my second character and being darkness/light radius/flare radius capped up to ~325 is the key for this though. If you're not darkness/light radius capped for your level it should be a top priority.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Dallan Invictus posted:

a certain vocal subset of players literally just want to do the single most fun or most rewarding thing over and over forever.
while complaining about being forced to do it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The path of exile reddit is one of the worst places talking about games that I have ever seen

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I exclusively leveled my Occultist in delves just because I could. I would not recommend it to others. That said, the feedback loop between delves and maps could be a little smoother in white/yellow maps. One sulphite vein should be one delve, and at yellow tier that doesn't happen if you're keeping it at the same monster level.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I think sulphite nodes should give more in all maps below tier 15. 15 and 16 give a lot more than even 14.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Vasudus posted:

I exclusively leveled my Occultist in delves just because I could. I would not recommend it to others. That said, the feedback loop between delves and maps could be a little smoother in white/yellow maps. One sulphite vein should be one delve, and at yellow tier that doesn't happen if you're keeping it at the same monster level.

Most of my yellow maps have 2 or 3 veins per map, though? I'm a little behind on delve depth to match monster level so I'll take your word on the sulphite costs further down, but can you still get "one map = one delve" on even levels or do the sulphite costs ramp up exponentially?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yellow/low reds needs a boost of maybe 30-40%, or there needs to be a higher chance of multiple nodes.

High reds don't really need a boost IMO, because you're getting maximum experience and a solid amount of good loot as-is just by running the map. Yellows just need a wee bit more.