Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Charles posted:

I'm not a fan of making fun of people's names and now I see looking up their pictures. Come on.

The picture barely has any come on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Your Taint posted:

She's wearing one of them fancy scientist coats. You know, like you wear when doing science.
She was trying to clone Hitler from a jpg

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lowtax posted:

She was trying to clone Hitler from a jpg

If she does you're hosed because she'll stick you with the bill for the "expenses" plus there will be another Hitler.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Your Taint posted:

If she does you're hosed because she'll stick you with the bill for the "expenses" plus there will be another Hitler.
thanks image shack

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Think about being proud of yourself and standing for a picture in front of your scam attorney office that steals from non profits and not for profits (eg Girl Scouts, aunt Mays cookie club, and something awful).

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Imagine getting a four year degree, telling everyone you got a job at a REAL LAW FIRM and then you end up sending extortion letters all day to bloggers.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
thanks Hitler shack

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If they do actually file suit a googlin tells me missouri has some fee shifting statute regarding frivolous or fraudulent claims, so your attorney could potentially get paid even if they represented you pro bono.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Mr. Nice! posted:

If they do actually file suit a googlin tells me missouri has some fee shifting statute regarding frivolous or fraudulent claims, so your attorney could potentially get paid even if they represented you pro bono.
I'm not too worried; my mom is actually a lawyer who worked for the DoJ for years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i mean, they'd be loving dumb to actually file suit. just saying if they actually do, they're likely to end up owing money plus possibly be on the receiving end of sanctions.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Aww poo poo Lowtax is gonna sic his mom on Shantice.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Your Taint posted:

Aww poo poo Lowtax is gonna sic his mom on Shantice.
I'm gonna crush her like an aunt.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mr. Nice! posted:

Someone send a pigeon to Leonard "J." Crabs' compound in South America. He's back baby.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Lowtax, my toddler is very interested in your pig avatar and she came over to look at it and kneed me in the balls trying to get a better look so i'm suing you for pain and suffering.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Nice! posted:

i mean, they'd be loving dumb to actually file suit. just saying if they actually do, they're likely to end up owing money plus possibly be on the receiving end of sanctions.

I’m gonna guess they’ve never actually taken someone to court for this, ever. :shrug:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Your Taint posted:

Lowtax, my toddler is very interested in your pig avatar and she came over to look at it and kneed me in the balls trying to get a better look so i'm suing you for pain and suffering.

You should Hither

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Ah, a new t-shirt for the firm.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
nah Bad lady not wanted here

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Burt Sexual posted:

nah Bad lady not wanted here

Can't women all

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fatler is suing me for body shaming.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Say Nothing posted:

Fatler is suing me for body shaming.

Great now Lowtax is gonna get double sued.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
You really ruffled her feathers now lowtax

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

I’m gonna guess they’ve never actually taken someone to court for this, ever. :shrug:

Counter-sue them for the expenses incurred in preparing for the defense of the lawsuit they said they were definitely bringing numerous times now.

:getin:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Moridin920 posted:

Counter-sue them for the expenses incurred in preparing for the defense of the lawsuit they said they were definitely bringing numerous times now.

:getin:
I'll have to wait for them to escalate the issue to 13 different departments first.

Melisande
May 22, 2003
My engagement ring will be made from unobtainium, cause my standards are high!
I have money on SA still being here to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Melisande posted:

I have money on SA still being here to celebrate the 20th anniversary.
Good, give it to me.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Burt Sexual posted:

They won a $45k judgement against someone,
https://www.higbeeassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Grecco-45K-Default-Judgment.pdf
Someone lawerly would have to read that but I think they won by "default" (the other person didn't show)

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

I finally realized who this guy looks like.

He's like the actor who played Neville Longbottom but instead of somehow growing up to be an astonishingly handsome man he turned out to be some weird, squinty-eyed gently caress trying to give everyone a classic Clint Eastwood stare-down.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

My favorite part is where they have the link for the picture being hosted on Imgur, but apparently don't know it exists.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Charles posted:

https://www.higbeeassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Grecco-45K-Default-Judgment.pdf
Someone lawerly would have to read that but I think they won by "default" (the other person didn't show)

Yeah, default judgement is when the defendant doesn't respond to summons or fails to appear.

I am a little surprised that the legal team sent anyone, usually in these cases the filing of the suit is the last attempt at extortion and then it is the lawyers from the plaintiff that don't actually show up.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Oh jeez this sounds really serious now!

I think we had better offer to burn the original poster in a wicker nan made in the image of our lord and saviour Jesus H for Higbee Cripes

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I assumed "shauntice" was Lebanese 1st gen immigrant and not black. Does that make me more racist or just my usual daily awful weird racism?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Reiche posted:

I finally realized who this guy looks like.

He's like the actor who played Neville Longbottom but instead of somehow growing up to be an astonishingly handsome man he turned out to be some weird, squinty-eyed gently caress trying to give everyone a classic Clint Eastwood stare-down.

He's like if trace amounts of Ted Cruz got into your attempt to clone whoever played Neville and ruined the entire project

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Charles posted:

Lol https://fashionilluminati.com

Idk what she was really accused of, I doubt it was hot linking. Maybe literally stealing photos and claiming them as hers. That’d be a slam dunk. Broken clock and all.

Fixed the link, looks like she sells bad T-shirt’s with images

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 10, 2018

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That's a level below patent trolls. At least those guys have to learn to speak technobabble to submit those patents. This is just scraping the barrel. And yet they're still making millions somehow?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol fashion Illuminati.com

Idk what she was really accused of, I doubt it was hot linking. Maybe literally stealing photos and claiming them as hers. That’d be a slam dunk. Broken clock and all.
Hotlinking an image from a third party image hosting service has absolutely never ever ever ever been judged to be illegal. Hosting copyrighted material on the third party site is illegal, yes. But no loving court in the world would convict me, since Higbee's Dumb Stupid Scam Firm has shown no due diligence regarding the removal of the image from Imgur.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

SatansOnion posted:

He's like if trace amounts of Ted Cruz got into your attempt to clone whoever played Neville and ruined the entire project

Ewww Ted Cruz ruins everything

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Paladinus posted:

That's a level below patent trolls. At least those guys have to learn to speak technobabble to submit those patents. This is just scraping the barrel. And yet they're still making millions somehow?
Yes because most people see a legal threat and panic, without knowing exactly what their rights are. Higbee makes their money by saying poo poo like "if you don't settle this case right now for $600, it could go to court where we could potentially sue you for $4,000,000,000,000,000," and people see that and think "oh poo poo, that's a much larger number, better cut my losses and agree to the smaller amount!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Businesses have that reaction all the time, too. I worked for an online store and we'd get those letters sometimes - we just ignored them. Our images came from the manufacturer and we obviously had an agreement to sell their products.

One time we got a demand letter on behalf of some university (Stanford I think?) because the name of some medical product had their University's name in it and their bozo auto-letter thought we were selling knock off sports merchandise. For that one I just emailed them and said "you don't actually own copyright on this, or if you do provide evidence" and they were nice about it and said sorry.

I can definitely see middle manager types just paying out the few grand out of fear, though.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 10, 2018

• Locked thread