Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

also as a mouse and keyboard fanatic my main issue with gamepads isn't even so much the speed and precision thing as much as you can't be using the right stick and the face buttons simultaneously. especially in 3rd person games where the right stick/mouse movement is usually free camera, i like to be able to rotate it constantly while also being able to still press buttons if i need to.
in those kinds of games I hook my left index finger over to the right stick so I can hit buttons while also moving the camera, or use my right index finger to hit the buttons, depending on the game, lmao

I mastered this hosed up technique playing gears of war, where when you held down the A button to run, the camera got obnoxiously low and your character took up the whole screen, so if you wanted to see anything you also had to push the right stick down at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Haven’t used paddles yet. Anyone got hands on experience with them? The idea of being able to jump, turn and attack simultaneously is attractive and I feel like something that useful should be available on regular controllers

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Spider-man uppercuts a dude two stories into the air, and then jumps up and webs him and slams him into the ground like the worlds most hosed up trebuchet.

Peter...that kills people...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Steve Yun posted:

Haven’t used paddles yet. Anyone got hands on experience with them? The idea of being able to jump, turn and attack simultaneously is attractive and I feel like something that useful should be available on regular controllers

I know a few guys who swear by them and they are way better at console FPS' than I am.

Saint Freak posted:

Spider-man uppercuts a dude two stories into the air, and then jumps up and webs him and slams him into the ground like the worlds most hosed up trebuchet.

Peter...that kills people...

There are bonus conditions on quests to knock people off buildings but they also count as getting webbed for some reason. I guess the assumption is that Peter's web is incredibly super and always saves bad guys from dying and even guys off screen are getting webbed.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hell you can just chuck people off skyscrapers in that game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

isn’t only batman that has a no kill policy

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
....Peter's web very very very famously cannot save people from falling.

Although right after I posted that I dodged a missile which flew into a bunch of cops so rip those guys

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
She's totally fine! Gwen came back in Gwenpool/Spidergwen form.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Like a gazillion bad guys get killed by the heroes in every MCU movie.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I know they don't hold up to the new Spider Man game, but did the Amazing Spiderman games on PC at least feel good to swing around in?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Verranicus posted:

I know they don't hold up to the new Spider Man game, but did the Amazing Spiderman games on PC at least feel good to swing around in?

?
https://twitter.com/britishgaming/status/1039074622220763136

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Supposedly today is the day that myst kickstarter backers get their steam keys, I'm excited!!! :D

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

bloodychill posted:

She's totally fine! Gwen came back in Gwenpool/Spidergwen form.

Gwenpool is related to neither Deadpool nor Gwen Stacy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean she’s related to deadpool in the sense she’s a new take on his fourth wall breaking stuff does that count

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
La-Mulana 2 spoilers.

AAAAAAAAAH I can't believe I finally solved this one, holy poo poo that took the better part of a week and change.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

god drat the Sound Battle system in Mother 3 is so loving cool and satisfying. Getting into a battle and timing the hit and bopping your head and tapping your foot and bashing out 16 hits in a row and then the crowd cheering noise ... so loving awesome. Other games should have copied this

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Other games should have copied this

b the change u want 2 c in the world

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

babypolis posted:

yeah that just makes the fascist overtones more blatant. its not hard to find some pepe guy saying basically the same thing about germany letting refugees in or whatever the gently caress

like werent we just talking about how incredibly racist gamers are a few pages ago? and now everyone finds the idea of a fash game writer inserting some fash jokes into their game completely unbelievable?

It's a sequel to a game the internet adored. You'll get snark from people who think liking it makes them a bad person because of some questionable dialogue.

Wolfenstein 2*'s advertising and some dialogue/collectibles in the game went all the way with the dogwhistling making fun of modern fascism, so after that bombed I'm not surprised Zenimax is trying the opposite. No ethics in capitalism and so on.

* and even then that game gives up on any attempts at commentary after a handful of cutscenes and devolves into a tale of American exceptionalism :allears:.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

GUI posted:

It's a sequel to a game the internet adored. You'll get snark from people who think liking it makes them a bad person because of some questionable dialogue.

Wolfenstein 2*'s advertising and some dialogue/collectibles in the game went all the way with the dogwhistling making fun of modern fascism, so after that bombed I'm not surprised Zenimax is trying the opposite. No ethics in capitalism and so on.

* and even then that game gives up on any attempts at commentary after a handful of cutscenes and devolves into a tale of American exceptionalism :allears:.

not to boil this kettle back over again but you should probably read the rest of the conversation

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Nate RFB posted:

La-Mulana 2 spoilers.

AAAAAAAAAH I can't believe I finally solved this one, holy poo poo that took the better part of a week and change.

it's obtuse but that's my favorite puzzle in the game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

i mean she’s related to deadpool in the sense she’s a new take on his fourth wall breaking stuff does that count

She was originally a joke based on Spider-Gwen so she is related it's just in actual execution she has no relation to either thing.

Anyways, I fell like 1500 posts behind again and I ain't reading all that so what's up? What's new? How is everyone doing? Do Goons like the new Spider-Man?
/

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The swinging is good.

Also, traversing the city in Spider-Man is fun.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Can you kill any cops in the new Spider-Man game

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Spiderman can die, yes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I plugged a watt meter into my computer, and discovered that my computer's wattage goes up by 20w when I'm moving my mouse??

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cowcaster posted:

Gwenpool is different in that she's from the other side of the fourth wall in the first place (amusingly and famously, she doesn't realize people assimilate her to Deadpool until several issues in, being oblivious to the name and costume resemblance and not having Deadpool on her mind since she's not a regular reader of his stories).

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Spider-Man is actually a friend to all cops.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Spider-Man is actually a friend to all cops.
guess I'm not playing spider man then

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
all superheroes are cops

shoot a superhero and a cop bleeds

unless that superhero is bulletproof

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I was radicalized by SA forums games chat thread

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hell yeah

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You literally help reactivate a surveillance network for the NYPD, those are the open world towers in the game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i feel like jak ii never at any point decided what its tone was because right up until the very end it was constantly shifting from serious drama to being really goofy and neither of it ever really meshed together

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i feel like jak ii never at any point decided what its tone was because right up until the very end it was constantly shifting from serious drama to being really goofy and neither of it ever really meshed together

Sounds to me like a textbook seriously goofy drama.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

codenameFANGIO posted:

god drat the Sound Battle system in Mother 3 is so loving cool and satisfying. Getting into a battle and timing the hit and bopping your head and tapping your foot and bashing out 16 hits in a row and then the crowd cheering noise ... so loving awesome. Other games should have copied this

Here's a piece I read a while ago that goes in depth on the sound battles with lots of examples from the music and ways the game tries to trip you up: https://danbruno.net/writing/mother3/

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You literally help reactivate a surveillance network for the NYPD, those are the open world towers in the game

Never help the police. They are the ones who need to be watched.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
One time, I punch a cop's head clean off.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I only trust my fists, clenched around a controller

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

doomguy would never help a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon