Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hon hon hon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1039107127594250240?s=19

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton pressed then Customs chief Roman Quaedvlieg to help two Queensland policemen get jobs in the new Border Force agency Mr Dutton was setting up – a revelation set to escalate the political furore surrounding Mr Dutton's decisions as immigration minister.

One of the two policemen, Matt Stock, is a good friend of Mr Dutton's, according to sources with knowledge of the events. The second man, John Lewis, is the son of corrupt former police commissioner Terry Lewis.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton pressed then Customs chief Roman Quaedvlieg to help two Queensland policemen get jobs in the new Border Force agency Mr Dutton was setting up – a revelation set to escalate the political furore surrounding Mr Dutton's decisions as immigration minister.

One of the two policemen, Matt Stock, is a good friend of Mr Dutton's, according to sources with knowledge of the events. The second man, John Lewis, is the son of corrupt former police commissioner Terry Lewis.

Source?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/dutton-asked-quaedvlieg-to-help-his-mate-get-a-border-force-job-20180910-p502vm.html

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
not very different to riding a forklift everywhere tbh, but outrage will outrage when it's against a target you already dislike

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Wage Cage Robot is pretty funny though.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Thanks.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

wheres the turlet

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Reclines Obesily posted:

wheres the turlet

Literally and figuratively, Amazon.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What if the chair is the toilet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The reading of it is it's a safety device primarily, to ensure the squishy human is protected when having to work in an area where there's automated robots running around.

I like that the idea of turning off the robots is more out there than a shark cage scooter bot is.

Can't wait for amazon to patent the weyland-yutani power lifter.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This has hit tv news now as well so it's not going to go away quietly. Dutton getting wrecked is already entertaining, but throwing Roman Quaedvlieg being kind of a weird guy and the link to Terry Lewis into the mix will hopefully blow this up into a true spectacle.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

10 years in the Wage Cage creep

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
With a hosed up surname like that it's not too surprising he's a fruitball. Sounds like some generic brand anti (pro?) psychotic medication

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Andrews State Govt has announced 50% subsidy on solar batteries if they win, for homes with pre existing solar systems. So people can take up this rebate or the 50% subsidy on solar panels, but not both.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Ratio doesn't lie.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

hambeet posted:

Andrews State Govt has announced 50% subsidy on solar batteries if they win, for homes with pre existing solar systems. So people can take up this rebate or the 50% subsidy on solar panels, but not both.

Still doesn't help people in apartments. Well, the penthouses got together and got a solar panel for themselves. I'm not allowed to put a laundry airer on my balcony much less a panel

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

G-Spot Run posted:

Still doesn't help people in apartments. Well, the penthouses got together and got a solar panel for themselves. I'm not allowed to put a laundry airer on my balcony much less a panel

Or in rental properties where land lords can barely be hosed handing out money for maintenance, let alone improvements that would help their tenants save money.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Good points, I guess they should build a new coal fired power plant.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Are they getting this money from not having to subsidise Hazelwood or something? I'm wondering where this war chest has come from? I don't think the titles office privatisation was going towards this.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hambeet posted:

Good points, I guess they should build a new coal fired power plant.

Or, you know, make renters rights a lot loving better than the piecemeal poo poo that has just come through the state parliament

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

hooman posted:

maulti pair, aultra pair, raumpairge, maunster pair, AUNPAIRABLE,

These are really fun to say out loud.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You Am I posted:

Or, you know, make renters rights a lot loving better than the piecemeal poo poo that has just come through the state parliament

no no, you're not happy and now dandrews is sad. he's pulled the pin. thanks a lot you am i

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Barnaby_Joyce/status/1038921878490906624

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/MikeCarlton01/status/1038563756270395392

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

2000 is technically thousands, so he could be boasting that they have actually sold <4000 copies.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Keith Pitt hates the National Energy Market for *reasons*

via guardian liveblog posted:

Look at the Queensland state government: they own every retailer in town north of Gympie. There is only one. It is owned by the Queensland state government. They own all of the poles and wires. They own 70 per cent of the generators. They are robbing $1.1 billion every single year from the pockets of electricity consumers in my home state, in my home town and in my electorate. They should be accountable and responsible for those decisions. They set the price. It is not the federal government.

So in this place we need for put aside our ideological views. We need to stand up for what is necessary to build a better country, and that is cheap energy. Intermittent wind and solar have their place, and there are lots of places where they will help and reduce the cost, particularly where there is an engagement, for example, with diesel generation, because that is a stored fuel. But we should take those opportunities where the physics and engineering say that it will drive down the price.

You cannot run this country on an intermittent supply through wind and solar. It doesn’t matter what you may or may not believe in terms of your ideals — this is purely engineering and physics, and we have to make decisions based around those things. As a government, we need to decide how to drive that, and if the states don’t want to get on board then we should dismantle the National Electricity Market.

Is this some new engineering physics thing that the kids are into that I missed somewhere?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Keith Pitt is the Pitts.

Checkmate hunters and fishers loonies:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/australian-firefighters-shot-at-while-battling-us-wildfire-20180910-p502x6.html

quote:

Australian firefighters shot at while battling US wildfire - Kylar Loussikian 11 September 2018 — 12:01am

Nearly 80 Australians have been fighting fires in North America
Two firefighters, on patrol with locals, were shot at in Washington state
Two men have been charged over the incident, which occured in late August
Australian firefighters have since returned home

Two Australian firefighters, on patrol with US Forest Service personnel in Washington state, were set upon by hunters, chased and shot at in an incident which has reached officials within the Foreign Affairs Department. The incident, which took place on August 23, shook Australia's support operation in the northwest of the United States and led to demands for local fire services to upgrade security and guarantee the safety of the crew. Nearly 80 Australian firefighters have been working with the US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management in northern California, Oregon and Washington since July, and were dispatched to the popular White Pass ski destination in August after fire spread across an eight square kilometre area.

The incident, which involved two Australians and two local officers, led to the arrest of the two hunters. The FBI said it was aware of the alleged incident, but was not involved in the investigation. The remote area, 160 kilometres from Seattle, is close to land in Oregon where armed anti-government activists seized and occupied the wildlife refuge headquarters for more than a month. Senior officials from the RFS, which sent 42 people to the fire, have also been briefed on the incident. One of the Australian firefighters was the highly-experienced Daniel Barwick, an RFS volunteer who last year was awarded a National Medal for protecting the Lake George area, near Canberra. "We are aware of the incident which occurred in August involving one of our firefighters, and we are happy the matter was dealt with by authorities in country," an RFS spokesman told Fairfax Media. It is understood the other Australian involved was an employee of Fire & Rescue NSW.

Fairfax Media has been told the hunters pursued the four across a ridge, despite being warned they were in a restricted area and should leave. One of the local officers is understood to have used his phone to record a last message to his family, so concerned was he about the two hunters in pursuit. However, all four managed to find cover and were later safely airlifted out of the area. There was some concern that disclosure of the incident in Australia would lead to calls for the firefighters to be withdrawn, but guarantees of safety put in place by US authorities led the contingent to remain. All Australian crews, which were managed by the National Resource Sharing Centre, returned over the weekend. A DFAT spokeswoman declined to comment.

Armed stand-offs between federal officers in the US, including the Bureau of Land Management, have increased over recent years following the 2014 Bundy standoff between backers of cattle rancher Cliven Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management, which led to a number of criminal charges being laid. An intentionally set wildfire grew perilously close to homes in Southern California southeast of Los Angeles on Thursday as evacuation orders expanded to more than 20,000 residents. Some people stayed behind to fend off the flames themselves. Bundy's son, Ammon, was the leader of the 2016 Oregon incident at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, with the armed militants claiming the federal government had no authority over public lands. Law enforcement eventually arrested 27 militants. The US Forest Service was contacted for comment on Monday.

Emergency Services Minister Troy Grant on Saturday welcomed the returning firefighters home, but did not mention the Washington state incident. "These men and women put their lives on hold to go and support their international counterparts," he said. "It really is testament to their selflessness and professionalism, and I thank every one of them for their incredible dedication and service." Fire & Rescue NSW could not be reached for comment.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If fireman had gun this not happen

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/srpeatling/status/1039264110800584704

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Clearly someone at the Herald Sun hates that people like Cathy Wilcox and not Mark Knight. So they got tim blair to write a hitpiece, didn't they:

https://twitter.com/cathywilcox1/status/1039122252145426432

and dogfucker obligingly tweeted it. It's been a fantastic day for twitter harrassment.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
If a fire enters my property of its own volition, it is lawfully my fire. It is my right to defend my property and my fire from trespassers and vandals. If you think I'm going to allow agents of a foreign government to "fight" my fire and dump their water, you've got another thing coming, buddy

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Periphery posted:

Who was talking the other day about recreational fishers not thinking they do any damage?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-10/eight-platypuses-found-dead-in-fishing-trap-in-werribee-river/10221950

Thanks for this, I'll keep it on hand in case I get pointed questions about not signing the petition.

Poor platypuses :(

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hehe im still a child.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hambeet posted:

hehe im still a child.

i mean he's right, first dog on the moon is notoriously bad for this. the wilcox one is a single panel, so kenny can suck it (a dogs dick)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Australian has reported polling showing the primary vote in the blue-ribbon Liberal seat had fallen to 39%, from 62% when Malcolm Turnbull was the member – but could be lifted four points if a woman candidate was preselected.

lmao

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Please God let Labor win Wentworth off the back of donations from Turnbull's son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Please God let Labor win Wentworth off the back of donations from Turnbull's son.
I think there's a better chance for an Independent, like Cathy McGowan to win it than a Labor candidate. I'm sure there's a deep in grained hatred for Labor in that seat.

• Locked thread