Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Maybe Riot should emulate Valve's model, and have exactly one person working on their game

It works :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

well, it's not that smite itself is awful, but it's been withering on life support for years. Hi-Rez is really good at making a good game concept and then abandoning it

That's a shame. I recall them making a big esports push with it a few years back, and while it wasn't the most watchable game, they had some cool poo poo like Janus base rushes that I found enjoyable. I imagine Paladins has stolen away most of the resources these days.

8.18 is coming on Wednesday, but, like... man, it's slim. Sizeable nerfs to Ryze, Sej, and Trundle, and a few love taps to some other champs. I want to say they're playing it too conservatively this close to Worlds, but I can understand their trepidation after both this year's craziness and last year's Ardent meta. I imagine 8.19 will be the actual Worlds patch, so I guess we'll see what they cook up.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
As someone who cheated my way to diamond via that item I am contractually obligated to defend Ardent Censer

(It was broken as gently caress and an embarrassment that riot left it in that state for so long)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Vermain posted:

I think SMITE's alright, but the third person perspective threw me off a little too much. I think I'm also at the point in my life where it'd take a hell of a lot to convince me to pick up and learn an entirely new MOBA.

Same, the sunk cost feeling is real. Itd be like playing basketball in highschool and going to play baseball intermurals cuz it's a sport too. Jordan can do it. I cannot.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Honestly, HOTS is pretty easy to learn and there's way less emphasis on evaluations like, "If I'm level 7 with a small gold/item advantage, can I kill this enemy Graves if I'm at 86% health, given the probability that the enemy midlaner is roaming top?"

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

HOTS felt like a water-down MOBA. Maybe that's the appeal.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
like I'll probably go to HotS and fighting games more

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

DaStampede posted:

not having last hitting and shopping certainly presents HOTS as being watered down, but talent selection can feel a lot more satisfying than items

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hots is anathema to my play style of having no idea whats going on but blasting the other idiot i am against because i press buttons good

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i tried playing smite but then there was a guy with a global stun and the enemy team picked that character and their version of blitzcrank(who is a jungler) and the enemy team comboed by global stunning and then having the blitzcrank jungler pull me into the woods for free during the stun. so i said what the gently caress is this character and someone on my team said "you can just stand still to avoid the stun" so i uninstalled the game

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The people who made this video will be the first ones against the wall when the revolution comes.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Wow, the ratio of like/dislike on that video.

The comment section is something too.

quote:

How do you do fellow kids?

quote:

Tribes died for this

quote:

Someone had to do voice over for this. Someone was PAID for this.

quote:

Do you think God stays in Heaven because He too lives in fear of what He's created?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnqu0e1758c

IT TURNS OUT THE SCYTHE WAS EVIL AND WANTS TO ANNIHILATE ALL REALITY. WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Odyssey Kayn is very extra. :captainpop:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Reality Pisser posted:

Good news! Smite is basically a copy of lol in third person.

Aren't all their games just copies of whatever game their boss baby is playing at that moment? They even made a clone of a popular mobile game at one point, which they then abandoned.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Gotta buy that Definitely Not Sexy Sona skin!!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pog boyfriend posted:

i tried playing smite but then there was a guy with a global stun and the enemy team picked that character and their version of blitzcrank(who is a jungler) and the enemy team comboed by global stunning and then having the blitzcrank jungler pull me into the woods for free during the stun. so i said what the gently caress is this character and someone on my team said "you can just stand still to avoid the stun" so i uninstalled the game
Same, but DOTA who has an ultimate like Karthus on a 2 minute cooldown who would just kill me every time I was half-way back to lane. My only joy was playing Wisp, getting ultimate, and killing my own team in the enemy fountain after they were already trolling me in champion select for picking Wisp on voice coms despite it being my fourth or fifth DOTA game ever.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

Same, but DOTA who has an ultimate like Karthus on a 2 minute cooldown who would just kill me every time I was half-way back to lane. My only joy was playing Wisp, getting ultimate, and killing my own team in the enemy fountain after they were already trolling me in champion select for picking Wisp on voice coms despite it being my fourth or fifth DOTA game ever.

Did you explain that Dota is your casual game and you're not taking it seriously and that you don't think it's as good a game as League

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

The jungler was Sylvanis and the global stun dude was Xbalanque, whose name is pronounced "chi-bal-ankh-ee" for some loving reason. I liked playing Serqet and Nemesis a lot, but it just didn't grab me in quite the same way as League.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

The jungler was Sylvanis and the global stun dude was Xbalanque, whose name is pronounced "chi-bal-ankh-ee" for some loving reason. I liked playing Serqet and Nemesis a lot, but it just didn't grab me in quite the same way as League.

yah regardless of balance that combo was so horribly unfun to play against that i have zero idea how hi rez let it through testing. even if it was balanced, “every two minutes they can arbitrarily choose to kill you and there is literally no way to prevent this” is something that does not belong in a game

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

DaStampede posted:

it's really more of a watership down MOBA

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Holy poo poo, they went all in on the new mode.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Vermain posted:

That looks really good, it's a shame riot is a terrible company of sexist idiots.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Here's the 8.18 notes. They confirm that 8.19 will be the official Worlds patch, so I'm expecting Braum and maybe Kai'Sa to get dinged again. They keep trying to figure out how to make Trundle not a god champ in pro, but I still expect him to see constant play. Viktor might see more play now that his first back isn't so punishing. Again, though, not much to really talk about.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Did you explain that Dota is your casual game and you're not taking it seriously and that you don't think it's as good a game as League

this would have been the way to go

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vermain posted:

This looks super cool

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

This year's Championship Skin is Kha'Zix. Here's a preview:

https://twitter.com/lolesportslas/status/1039587403932094464?s=19

Of note is that the skin has 48 possible chroma slots, with each chroma changing the coloring to a specific team's colors and replacing the banners you see on the recall with the team's banner.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I am so disappointed in myself. I was 5 LP away from Gold 4 promos and lost my game which I had a hand in and one of our team mates left 20 minutes in. Been still only climbing 13-17 lp per game and every loss I still lose 22 LP. I went on full tilt and should have logged for the night but I ended up losing three in a row.

:negative:

Sucks so much.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

I am so disappointed in myself. I was 5 LP away from Gold 4 promos and lost my game which I had a hand in and one of our team mates left 20 minutes in. Been still only climbing 13-17 lp per game and every loss I still lose 22 LP. I went on full tilt and should have logged for the night but I ended up losing three in a row.

Sucks so much.

This doesn't sound like a very casual attitude

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Enigma89 posted:

Sucks so much.

Focus on improving your game. Look for opportunities to improve.

It's fine to vent and be frustrated but you should never be complacent with yourself if you truly care about climbing the ranked ladder.

The reason everyone here relentlessly mocks you is because you do not heed their advice or you argue against it. Our criticism is not personal we are just trying to help players with less knowledge improve.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Also don't claim you don't care about winning your casual game and then complain about not advancing in rank. Nobody sympathizes with that two faced attitude.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Elephunk posted:

This doesn't sound like a very casual attitude

Winning while playing casual is peak moba playing.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

you rang?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Enigma89 posted:

But you’re losing

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Riot is fixing sexism by hiring an Uber executive https://www.pcgamer.com/riot-hires-former-uber-executive-to-help-improve-workplace-culture/

I don’t have any notes.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

But you’re losing

*to the tune of 'lets go defense'*

flagged for losses

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
*to the tune of we will rock you*

I-o-wa State Cyclones

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
^^lmao

Enigma89 posted:

Sucks so much.

my friend... if you're actually gold in skill silver is THE most fun place to be. Its the same with any two divisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

^^lmao

my friend... if you're actually gold in skill silver is THE most fun place to be. Its the same with any two divisions

Oh hell yeah. Whenever I’m getting obliterated at my true Elo of mid-plat and feel like poo poo (this happens often) I queue up in normals as Thresh and blow the minds of some gold players