Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

man the early Night Watch books are so, so good

Guards guards is the best by far and they decline in quality pretty rapidly and quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Inspector Hound posted:

Oh I've been done dirty

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
just want to point out that a Meme Force would be unconstitutional

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

And then if they don't look at me, they become the meme and I'm free?

So it's like freeze tag or something?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

those sentais do not seem very peaceful

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Joementum posted:

the constitution *is* a meme, joe

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

what about police memes

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.

Joementum posted:

Even if it was land/water based memes? hosed up

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

can't wait until the news is full of the horrible conditions on the east coast and i get to respond with "and then a hurricane hit it"

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Addamere posted:

those sentais do not seem very peaceful

they 8 no hippies :milk:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

VectorSigma posted:

can't wait until the news is full of the horrible conditions on the east coast and i get to respond with "and then a hurricane hit it"

whatever day crew

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
"listen, we have rock solid evidence of mass pedophiles which we've just held onto for years and we're going to release it to coincide with the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks while a catastrophic hurricane bears down on the east coast" - Q

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

can't wait for the Q people to go through contortions to justify nothing happening tomorrow

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

DryGoods posted:

*you turn around to see me perched in the corner of your room staring*

Boy, are you taking one for the team.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DryGoods posted:

"listen, we have rock solid evidence of mass pedophiles which we've just held onto for years and we're going to release it to coincide with the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks while a catastrophic hurricane bears down on the east coast" - Q

sounds legit

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
honestly if i had to choose a favorite non-main character Discworld book it would be Monstrous Regiment

BY MY HONOR I AM NOT A VIOLENT MAN!

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Joementum posted:

travel back in time and explain memes to the continental congress

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Bearjew posted:

can't wait for the Q people to go through contortions to justify nothing happening tomorrow
It'll be something like "Declas actually means the last day in December".

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Bearjew posted:

you know whats really cool? voltage controlled Q

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yo for real Pratchett was a fantastic author and the world is poorer for his passing

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Any time vetinari has more than a couple lines is awesome.

I personally liked the industrial revolution books with Lipwig and DeWorde but I can see how some people who liked his earlier work would be turned off by them. Snuff was my least favorite if I had to pick one.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

oh, of course

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

honestly if i had to choose a favorite non-main character Discworld book it would be Monstrous Regiment

BY MY HONOR I AM NOT A VIOLENT MAN!

It's funny, I always saw a lot of people who didn't like Monstrous Regiment and thought the twists were too predictable. I always enjoyed it a lot, though.

Bart - SCROTUS
Nov 21, 2002

I'm a geek, I'm a geek
I'm a power tool

When I sing this song
I look like a fool

:d2a: :d2a:

blowin on my thuggery whistle

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bearjew posted:

what owns about q is that the escalation of commitment is reinforced by every false prediction, which is basically every q post

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Bearjew posted:

there have been doomsday cults before with a specific date announced. unless they're the suicide kind, they just handwave it as a technicality and keep coming up with more while losing followers

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

yo for real Pratchett was a fantastic author and the world is poorer for his passing

Pratchett dies and yet every Republican over 70 lives

there isn't a God and Pratchett agrees

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Log082 posted:

It's funny, I always saw a lot of people who didn't like Monstrous Regiment and thought the twists were too predictable. I always enjoyed it a lot, though.

i mean its predictable as poo poo just given the whole conceit of the story - its essentially Mulan, for crying out loud - but it has that Pratchett excellence to it that makes it golden

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Melanie - FLOATUS posted:

blowin on my thuggery whistle

tr mop

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

to quote Something Positive, if you were god who would you rather have hanging around - some boring rear end in a top hat republican or Terry Pratchett?

Wendell_T_Stamps
Nov 26, 2017

COOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

tacodaemon posted:

oh, of course

So they are talking about the "supposed" declassification of the Carter Paige FISA and the Bruce Ohr Russian mob stuff which is going to LOCK HER UP?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

UNDER HUSSEIN

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

to quote Something Positive, if you were god who would you rather have hanging around - some boring rear end in a top hat republican or Terry Pratchett?

right up there with

“If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.”

― Dorothy Parker

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

anatman and karma are the universe we live in tovarisch

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

DryGoods posted:

UNDER HUSSEIN

UNDERACK HUSSEIN

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

the NOT RUSSIA bit is aces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell_T_Stamps
Nov 26, 2017

COOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRHQPG1xd9o

:getin:

edit... vulf snipe averted

JOE GET ME OUT OF THIS MESS

Wendell_T_Stamps has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Sep 11, 2018

• Locked thread