Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

doctorfrog posted:

I set a timer for a few extra minutes more than the machine says it'll be

I have a website that tells me when the washing is going to be done.
It's always wrong by a couple minutes, and doesn't work for the driers.
Truly we live in the future, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

doctorfrog posted:

I set a timer for a few extra minutes more than the machine says it'll be

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My washing machine plays 30 seconds of Schubert once it's done.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lol if you don’t have a manservant named “Enrique” to starch and press your finery.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
La di da, look at you billionaires... I just wait until the machine stops making noise because it's audible throughout my tiny apartment. (suck it, people in tiny apartments who have to use a communal laundry)

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Jerry Cotton posted:

My washing machine plays 30 seconds of Schubert once it's done.

That's awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1gbHYqdPnk

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I have honestly never felt the need to plan my schedule around a washing machine cycle.

If it is doing things, then I leave it alone.
When it stops doing things, I empty it.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Mine has a rather piercing beep when done, which works fine in a small apartment.

It also does the same super loud beeps for other critical, intervention-required actions like "turning it on" and "every button press", which is less useful. Oh well, it came with the apartment and works.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Old school dryers with the super loud buzzer were the best. You'd know from down the street that your poo poo was dry.

The ones that make this loving noise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9kIqXKeuDU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
My mom replaced her dryer recently with something that may be for industrial/rental applications. The poo poo buzzes TWICE, super loving loudly. You cannot turn this off. It is horrifying.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
What, do you mean everyone in the loving county doesn't need to know your load of laundry is dry?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

No, no it isn’t. You have that option or nothing at all to tell you it’s done. I’d much rather a buzzer or anything other than a song you can’t stop.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

No, no it isn’t. You have that option or nothing at all to tell you it’s done. I’d much rather a buzzer or anything other than a song you can’t stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ301QEoo9Y

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I would drink a beer with that volvo.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

I would drink a beer with that volvo.

It's old enough for it, anyway.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

LifeSunDeath posted:

My mom replaced her dryer recently with something that may be for industrial/rental applications. The poo poo buzzes TWICE, super loving loudly. You cannot turn this off. It is horrifying.

My old house came with a natural gas dryer that was labelled for "Commercial Use". It had this incredibly loud buzzer I could hear from outside in the garage. You had to be really care because while it could dry clothes in 10 minutes flat it would shrink anything immediately.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

uvar posted:

La di da, look at you billionaires... I just wait until the machine stops making noise because it's audible throughout my tiny apartment. (suck it, people in tiny apartments who have to use a communal laundry)

check out richie rich over here with his own private washer and dryer that doesn't have someone else using it who always ignores the "don't loving use powdered detergent you goddamn rear end in a top hat idiot" sign

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

My dryer plays a song and my microwave continues its "done" beep for about 15 seconds whether you open the door or not

Why no I didn't pick these out why do you ask

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Could be worse. Our laundry room has a "please don't pee in the floor drain" sign.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

Could be worse. Our laundry room has a "please don't pee in the floor drain" sign.

What, you think I just let them pee in the floor drain??

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Wait until they discover a waffle stomp.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

FYI everyone still pees in that room, except now its in the washers

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I just let it go until I forget about it, then remember five hours later.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

This is a good way to put this idea in the minds of people who wouldn't have considered it before.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

monolithburger posted:

This is a good way to put this idea in the minds of people who wouldn't have considered it before.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

is it signed "THE MGT."

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

:aaa: all this time I thought our Samsung laundry machines were playing an original jingle

But now I'm wondering why they're singing about fish of all things.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

My washing machine was an annoying beep it does every few minutes after it's done, until power is turned off. An extremely good idea to include in a washer in a relatively small apartment where I can easily hear when it's done anyway.

Unfortunately the walls are soundproofed enough that it probably doesn't disturb the neighbors at all, really. I should adjust the volume of tone to the maximum, just for those days when I leave it running in the morning and come home at 6 pm.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mak0rz posted:

:aaa: all this time I thought our Samsung laundry machines were playing an original jingle

But now I'm wondering why they're singing about fish of all things.

If I had to guess I’d say the founder of the chaebol was probably a huge fan of Schubert, and this was his favorite tune.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By the by my washing machine is really quiet due to me paying 50€ more for the better motor so without the music I really can't hear when it's done. Music is more noticeable than just a beep. I guess my apartment is big, too, at least for Finland. I can't even hear the loving door bell if I'm all the way at the back, which happens to be the bedroom.

Anyway, my VCR chewed up my copy of Spy Game :(

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

My Kenmore washer and dryer both play the 'Charge!' fanfare when turning them on. Unfortunately the 'finished' signal is just two alternating tones repeated for about 3 seconds.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Goober Peas posted:

My Kenmore washer and dryer both play the 'Charge!' fanfare when turning them on. Unfortunately the 'finished' signal is just two alternating tones repeated for about 3 seconds.

I did some binging to see if Kenmore was one of those brand names that's just thought up to sound like an established brand (Kenwood in this case), but it turns out it was the other way around and Kenwood was thought up for Western markets because Kenmore was already established in the US. Then again, Kenwood is an completely unrelated brand established in Great Britain the next year by Kenneth Wood.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

By the by my washing machine is really quiet due to me paying 50€ more for the better motor so without the music I really can't hear when it's done. Music is more noticeable than just a beep. I guess my apartment is big, too, at least for Finland. I can't even hear the loving door bell if I'm all the way at the back, which happens to be the bedroom.

Anyway, my VCR chewed up my copy of Spy Game :(

That's a great movie that like nobody watched!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tactlessbastard posted:

It grossed 143 million dollars world-wide according to Wikipedia. I was only half-way through though so I'm one of the ones that didn't watch it. I also completely hosed up my VCR since I didn't check the first thing you check before a tear-down, i.e. that the fuse hasn't blown. It had :negative:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tactlessbastard posted:

It's also a terrible dvd from the early days of the format and it plays a 2 minute intro before you get to the main menu

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, so like modern blu rays?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Edit: disregard. Wrong thread

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 04:39 on Sep 12, 2018

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Goober Peas posted:

Just lol if you don't hire a full brass band to play Flight of the Valkyrie when your laundry is done washing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol: if Enrique doesn't do your laundry because he's a very nice person and knows you're a cack-handed twat who can't perform the simplest chores thank you Enrique you're my best friend :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

:lol: if Enrique doesn't do your laundry because he's a very nice person and knows you're a cack-handed twat who can't perform the simplest chores thank you Enrique you're my best friend :kiddo:

lol if you don't thank enrique every day for his help