Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Shats Basoon posted:

I liked the comment about supporting original content from The guy who gained all his internet points from ripping off other peoples original content

I mean, Ebaums World still exists somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime
I posted a thread in r/fitness about the Underarmor/MyFitnessPal data breach.

Formatted it nicely, had a short excerpt from the main article and gave a quick opinion on it. Within seconds I got the following message from their automatic moderator:

"MyFitnessPal's data breach has nothing to do with r/Fitness. If you bother to read any of the articles or the e-mail you received, everyone affected has already been notified. There is no reason whatsoever to post about it here."

Fine, gently caress you guys then. I hadn't gotten an email about it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/9eanc1/serena_williams_berating_ref_at_us_open/

https://www.reddit.com/r/tennis/comments/9echxs/serena_williams_is_an_extremely_unlikable_person/

Comments are :discourse:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Whipstickagostop posted:

I posted a thread in r/fitness about the Underarmor/MyFitnessPal data breach.

Formatted it nicely, had a short excerpt from the main article and gave a quick opinion on it. Within seconds I got the following message from their automatic moderator:

"MyFitnessPal's data breach has nothing to do with r/Fitness. If you bother to read any of the articles or the e-mail you received, everyone affected has already been notified. There is no reason whatsoever to post about it here."

Fine, gently caress you guys then. I hadn't gotten an email about it.

My content isnt in a neat little box :qq:

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
writing prompts is just the worst

quote:

[WP] One day it happened in an instant, everyone with a Facebook account was infected with a bioelectronic virus that turned them into a soldier of Zuckerberg. They called it the Facebookening. This is the legend of the man who rose up to save us: they call him Tom. From Myspace.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

IMGUR also lusts after every opportunity to use the word "oval office" and then give really weak rear end excuses after being called out on how pathetic it is.

Other IMGUR poo poo -

Posts where a minority talks poo poo on their own minority are insanely popular.

They have massive hard ons for Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro or any other dumbass dipshit who ticks their "rational and logical mindset."

Borderline fetish for videos or GIFs where women who were "asking for it" are hit or knocked out. Queue the "equal rights" comments.

Insane paranoia and vitriol over false rape accusations.

Patently can't handle the phrases "toxic masculinity," "white privilege," or "cultural appropriation" without losing their poo poo.

That site's community is total donkey poo poo

I think imgur is the worst, yeah.

*Picture of cute puppy* *picture of landscape* *picture extolling the virtues of white nationalism* *picture of cat*

The front page is completely fffffuuuuuccccckkkkeeedddd

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

JebanyPedal posted:

Posts where a minority talks poo poo on their own minority are insanely popular.

They have massive hard ons for Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro or any other dumbass dipshit who ticks their "rational and logical mindset."

Borderline fetish for videos or GIFs where women who were "asking for it" are hit or knocked out. Queue the "equal rights" comments.

Insane paranoia and vitriol over false rape accusations.

Patently can't handle the phrases "toxic masculinity," "white privilege," or "cultural appropriation" without losing their poo poo.

This. Together with obsessing over guns/straight up propaganda for US military.

The problem is it's packaged with cute animal gifs and sometimes something genuinely funny, and it feels like a brain washing machine.
I guess at least with most poo poo reddit threads you immediately know they're poo poo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Julius CSAR posted:

I mean, Ebaums World still exists somehow

Momentum

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm getting slightly annoyed at every third post on the main page, "Hey errybody look at this dog/cat I got."

It's almost.as bad as posting pics of your kids. No one else cares.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Everyone knows the sages can't do poo poo, that's why Ganon does what he wants and Link does all the work. You remember what the sages did in OoT? gently caress all until Link gathered them together to form a mighty rainbow bridge.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

It's a complicated issue that's worth discussing, but reddit is definitely not a good place to have that discussion.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

imagine your dead gay ashes being trapped inside a nerd rear end video game box for eternity

the final insult

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

gbs but from 2004 posted:

imagine your dead gay ashes being trapped inside a nerd rear end video game box for eternity

the final insult

Took me a second to realize that those weren't just abstract, New Age looking symbols. Welp.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Damo posted:

"please write my extremely specific story idea"

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

"please write my extremely specific story idea"

Fun game: write within the prompt, but poo poo all over their edgy idea. Make the main character the neckbeardiest nonhero, full of failure.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

*photo of cable boxes*

"I cancelled cable."

115,000+ upvotes.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

Fun game: write within the prompt, but poo poo all over their edgy idea. Make the main character the neckbeardiest nonhero, full of failure.

do you think they genuinely think Tom from Myspace would be a really badass action protagonist or something

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
And then with his last breath, Tom uttered "I have been... and always shall be... your friend."

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

do you think they genuinely think Tom from Myspace would be a really badass action protagonist or something

I mean, I like to make fun of dumb poo poo and it's a dorky joke for sure but you'd have to be autistic as gently caress to not understand that person was joking.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Damo posted:

it's "please do my homework" for creative writing students I'm pretty sure

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

#gaming
#gamer
#geek

#deadnerdashes

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

it's "please do my homework" for creative writing students I'm pretty sure

Do people follow through on these things? The impression I got was that people were just competing to post the most "interesting" story premises for karma

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Zidrooner posted:

Do people follow through on these things? The impression I got was that people were just competing to post the most "interesting" story premises for karma

People who reply to the writing prompts have their own personal subreddits where they just post their creative writing

its serious bro

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZK8Z8hulFg

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
https://www.reddit.com/r/happy/comments/9eyzip/please_help_me_shock_my_husband_by_our_picture/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Almost 40k upvotes.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

quote:

We spend evenings scrolling our reddit feeds together giggling & sharing posts with one another.

Yeah, this totally wasn't written by the dude. Also, that picture, she's smiling but her Saigon Stare tells a very different story.

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

Reddit posted:

We did it, Reddit!

https://www.reddit.com/r/happy/comments/9eyzip/please_help_me_shock_my_husband_by_our_picture/e5spge0/

Hello, and welcome to /r/happy! Unfortunately due to an excess of negative/shaming comments, we're going to have to close down this thread for now.

We simply don't have the resources to keep an eye on this thread and watch the Golden Girls marathon that just started up on TBS, sorry. Dick Van Dyke is supposed to guest star at some point, and we're really looking forward to it (he was in Mary Poppins!).

Reddit is an authentic community and definitely not curated by advertisers.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

https://www.reddit.com/r/ExplainAFilmPlotBadly/top/?sort=top&t=all

LotR, Star Wars, and Marvel movies. Shocking.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

I think reddit lets you block domains and subreddits already but is there a way to block this guy's dumb ugly face? It pisses me off so much every time I see it

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Zidrooner posted:

People who reply to the writing prompts have their own personal subreddits where they just post their creative writing

its serious bro

speaking as a dude who writes online fiction, yes, people follow through. if you want to get a fanbase going (and a loud one at that), one that doesn't really care about quality as much as it cares about blatantly appealing to what they like, you find one of the writing-related subreddits (nosleep, hfy, rationalfic, etc. etc.) and just go hard on what the audience there wants.

but given the audience and their fixations, there's plenty of genuine writing advice which is basically 'stay away from writing subreddits because they won't actually help you improve'.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:discourse:

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
can't make a single comment without referencing something from a famous movie or television show

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Damo posted:

can't make a single comment without referencing something from a famous movie or television show

It's a crutch for personality

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

xtal posted:

I think reddit lets you block domains and subreddits already but is there a way to block this guy's dumb ugly face? It pisses me off so much every time I see it

turn on your monitor :grin:

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Damo posted:

Im only into niche things that make me an original interesting person and a quirky nerd! Like lotr, Star Wars, Star Trek, dr who, marvel and always sunny and Big Bang theory (did I mention Im a nerd???)

Guess Im just a super oddball!!!!

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

I’m only into niche things that make me an original interesting person and a quirky nerd! Like lotr, Star Wars, Star Trek, dr who, marvel and always sunny and Big Bang theory (did I mention I’m a nerd???)

Guess I’m just a super oddball!!!!

You dropped this -> /s

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
makeup is used on the gonads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Love the contouring on your left nut