Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That's kind of weird. In Denmark you just get handed a single massive sheet of paper, like A2 size, and then tick off whatever box once you're in the booth. Do they print enough ballots for each party for everyone? It doesn't even sound like it saves paper.

You pick one of each colour and put each in an envelope, seal and hand them in. There's usually more than enough and parties hand them to people in spam mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The only party we got a ballot for in the mail was SD, and we’re both filthy expats/immigrants. We got yer jerbs already, losers. Nice targeting.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

You pick one from each party, then take the ones you didn’t use to vote for and put them in your pocket and bin them when you get home. Hope that helps? :confused:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That's kind of weird. In Denmark you just get handed a single massive sheet of paper, like A2 size, and then tick off whatever box once you're in the booth. Do they print enough ballots for each party for everyone? It doesn't even sound like it saves paper.

Running out of ballots is basically unheard of unless it’s some new party that has to manage the logistics of putting out ballots themselves. Anyone over 1% in a previous election has ballot availability ensured by the system.

Sometimes somebody takes the whole stack of a party’s ballots and bins them but that’s election fraud.

My PIN is 4826 fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 10, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

evil_bunnY posted:

The only party we got a ballot for in the mail was SD, and we’re both filthy expats/immigrants. We got yer jerbs already, losers. Nice targeting.

Give it to a shy neighbour?

My PIN is 4826 posted:

You pick one from each party, then take the ones you didn’t use to vote for and put them in your pocket and bin them when you get home. Hope that helps? :confused:

Only SD voters pick more than 3 though so that's a sure sign.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Dirk Pitt posted:

Just take one of each, OP.
If you have the option not to, other people have the option to pressure you to just take the ballots they think are acceptable. That's why everyone should get the exact same ballot, which they can then do with as they please in complete secrecy.

e: A completely secret ballot also reinforces the idea that your vote is your own, that you do not have to reveal it to anyone, which this sort of semi-public vote doesn't.

A Buttery Pastry fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 10, 2018

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Or you know, just have the ballots be stored on the inside of the booth like a civilized country.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Only SD voters pick more than 3 though so that's a sure sign.

Checkmate, loser - I picked every ballot except SD’s :agesilaus:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

My PIN is 4826 posted:

Checkmate, loser - I picked every ballot except SD’s :agesilaus:

AfS voter spotted.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Biomute posted:

Or you know, just have the ballots be stored on the inside of the booth like a civilized country.

But then how will the frowning old ladies that always roam the voting areas like hunter-seeker-drones be able to guilt you into voting the right way?

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth
Yeah we should probably change the system with open valsedlar tbh. Kinda not good enough.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Fox Cunning posted:

Yeah we should probably change the system with open valsedlar tbh. Kinda not good enough.

I don't even know what they want me to vote for but I know when I'm going for the wrong ones.

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?
Is it possible the Centre Party could find themselves backing the same government as V and how long would that tug-of-war last

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
The remaining uncounted votes should be added by wednesday and they can still change a seat or two in Riksdagen so we're not sure just yet.
If nothing changes it comes down to L and C choosing between SD vs V. Its hard to predict what they'll do in that case, they both put a lot of pride in not cooperating with either. My guess is no, they wont back any government with Löfven supported by V.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Give it to a shy neighbour?
SD apparently has a free return address so that’s where they went.

We early-voted because of travel plans and saw a couple of super young dudes who obviously weren’t born here try hard to do poo poo properly and it was the best thing ever. Also an old lady who obviously was born here stand in front of the voting-leaflets rack and loving read a bunch of them for like 10mn holding everyone up what the gently caress lady how have you not figured this poo poo out already.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Collateral Damage posted:

If nobody can agree on a budget, does last year's budget stand or what happens?

With how the budget vote works (all budgets are voted on at the same time, you support a budget or abstain) no one actually has to agree on a budget. The one with the most votes, even if that means only one vote, will pass.

quote:

Riksdagen beslutar om alla utgiftsramar och skatteförändringar som ett paket. De partier i riksdagen som inte stöder regeringens förslag måste lägga fram sina motförslag på samma sätt.

Enligt rambeslutsmodellen räcker det alltså inte att partierna i opposition har majoritet kring en enskild fråga i budgeten för att kunna fälla ett förslag. De måste enas om ett helt paket av förslag. De olika paketen ställs sedan emot varandra när riksdagen beslutar

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 10, 2018

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So essentially, whatever happens, the state will have a budget to operate on regardless of the shape of the government.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
Just make it so that if you live in the same flat/house/whatever you get assigned to different queues, there's always several stations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The greatest upside to instituting NemID voting would be that old people couldn't figure it out.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
When I voted I was alone. Not even a queue. Small district though.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

SplitSoul posted:

The greatest upside to instituting NemID voting would be that old people couldn't figure it out.

And soon, MitID

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Biomute posted:

Couldn't you vote multiple times then? Just grab a whole bunch of ballots and be a bit sly when depositing them.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

The ballot gets folded, and has an anonymous looking outside. You then take it to the voting officials who stamp it, before depositing it in the urn. No stamp = not valid, so even if you folded a bunch of them together and no one noticed, it doesn't matter.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Savage Cracker posted:

Handling that kraken of a ballot in a tiny booth is part of the voting experience

Whenever I have voted in Finland there is a big poster in the booth with all the options on the ballot listed there, I only get a small folded card that I write the number representing the person I want to vote for.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Crimpolioni posted:

The ballot gets folded, and has an anonymous looking outside. You then take it to the voting officials who stamp it, before depositing it in the urn. No stamp = not valid, so even if you folded a bunch of them together and no one noticed, it doesn't matter.
What if I forced the voting official to stamp them, what then??

Fair enough, didn't consider a post-voting validation.

nagel
Sep 19, 2005

We formed a wall once.
How in the everliving gently caress did not the alliance sink like a stone, in Stockholms landsting?!

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

nagel posted:

How in the everliving gently caress did not the alliance sink like a stone, in Stockholms landsting?!
Have you met the people who live there.

nagel
Sep 19, 2005

We formed a wall once.

ted hitler posted:

Have you met the people who live there.

Well, yeah, I live in Järfälla. I guess I just had a little higher expectations on my fellow nollåttor. To clarify, I expected SD to make big gains, but that the right would also bleed votes to the left.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

throw to first drat IT posted:

Famous Alt-Right organization, OSCE.

I wanted to come back to this - yes, OSCE monitored the Swedish elections this year, which had never happened before. However, their findings will not be published for several months. There is however already conspiracy theories doing the rounds on far-right social media about some non-existent danish observer expressing shock at the swedish elections. Source, in Swedish: https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=7040557

TLDR: OSCE hasn't said poo poo about the swedish elections yet.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

nagel posted:

Well, yeah, I live in Järfälla. I guess I just had a little higher expectations on my fellow nollåttor. To clarify, I expected SD to make big gains, but that the right would also bleed votes to the left.

Swing-voters who cross the right/left continuum are pretty much mythical, although this election saw a lot more of them then expected. Still, the left had a total vote loss of about 3%, which aint much. The battle is probably still to get people who normally don't vote to do so.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Sep 11, 2018

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mr. Sunshine posted:

I wanted to come back to this - yes, OSCE monitored the Swedish elections this year, which had never happened before. However, their findings will not be published for several months. There is however already conspiracy theories doing the rounds on far-right social media about some non-existent danish observer expressing shock at the swedish elections. Source, in Swedish: https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=7040557

And the Danish politician (!) they claim as an observer is notoriously right-wing.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Mr. Sunshine posted:

My source is Ilta Sanomat which quotes Dagens Nyheter, who apparently talked with the observers. I'm going by the IS translation tho because my swedish is too rusty so that might be wrong.

Literally "OSCE observers say that the current method is problematic in regards to the ballot secrecy" in finnish.

I don't know what kind of rag DN is, but even if it's complete garbage, I assume that they wouldn't make up quotes for people. And even if they did make them up and OSCE actually hasn't said anything, the current method is dumb as poo poo anyway.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

And the Danish politician (!) they claim as an observer is notoriously right-wing.
Yeah. Calling him non-existent is a bit of stretch though. It also seems like a case of a broken clock being right twice a day. I assume he's being used to support a weird conspiratorial narrative among the far-right, but like ttfDI said, the current method is still dumb.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Biomute posted:

Swing-voters who cross the right/left continuum are pretty much mythical, although this election saw a lot more of them then expected. Still, the left had a total vote loss of about 3%, which aint much. The battle is probably still to get people who normally don't vote to do so.

That depends on how you count SD voters

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth
F! Also lost 2,6%, making the wider left lose 5,6%, though it makes less of a difference since they were hidden outside of parliament.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah. Calling him non-existent is a bit of stretch though. It also seems like a case of a broken clock being right twice a day. I assume he's being used to support a weird conspiratorial narrative among the far-right, but like ttfDI said, the current method is still dumb.

No no, he does exist.

However as far as I know he's not part of OSCE, he's part of some other group that has apparently decided to observe the election. Looks like it could be a right-winger thing.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Couldn't you vote multiple times then? Just grab a whole bunch of ballots and be a bit sly when depositing them.

Won’t make any difference. If your envelope has more than one ballot when opened by the counters, they will count as one vote if for the same party, or invalid if for two different parties.

To me, ballots behind the screens means the poll workers will have a harder time making sure nobody made off with the entire pile of a party’s ballots. They’d have to come behind the screens more often, which is disruptive and will look like they’re prying on and influencing votes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

But then how will the frowning old ladies that always roam the voting areas like hunter-seeker-drones be able to guilt you into voting the right way?

As in which party to vote for? If it's that, it's astounding to me because that's pretty much the only kind of election interference that actually gets you punished in the USA.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Are people seriously afraid of voting for what they want? God drat people are pusseesi

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

i'm happy to be known as the kind of coward who thinks we should have secret ballots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What if that elderly person judges me for voting for communists?

What then?

how will i live with myself

we should have anonymous voting but still, people are pussies