Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Think it's insulting to offer John Brown for Doug Baldwin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Think it's insulting to offer John Brown for Doug Baldwin?

Not really. It’s selling high and buying low, in fantasy form. Baldwin’s RoS outlook has so many red flags already.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

Not really. It’s selling high and buying low, in fantasy form. Baldwin’s RoS outlook has so many red flags already.

Would you make the offer?

Cheese Monkey
Mar 17, 2009
I’m 4 points down in my big money league, have my flex spot to play and my opponent has no one left.

Do I got with Isaiah Crowell or Marvin Jones? Not sure who is the more sure thing in .5ppr. My gut says Jones, but my Jets coworkers is pitching Crowell hard.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Cheese Monkey posted:

I’m 4 points down in my big money league, have my flex spot to play and my opponent has no one left.

Do I got with Isaiah Crowell or Marvin Jones? Not sure who is the more sure thing in .5ppr. My gut says Jones, but my Jets coworkers is pitching Crowell hard.

As a Browns fan I will tell you this: Crowell is a perfectly fine power back if you expect him to do only that. He wont wow you. If you think the game goes in a way that suits a RB with that set of skills go for it.

Marvin Jones is a boom or bust guy.

I'd go Marvin personally.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Cheese Monkey posted:

Last year, Marvin Jones got 4 or more points in 14 of 16 games.

Last year, Isaiah Crowell got 4 or more points in 12 of 16 games.

Those Crowell numbers are also when he was the lead back. He might be splitting with Powell.

Do with that information what you will.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Crowell you'll win by 1 or lose by 1, Marvin you'll win by 20 or lose by 4 :v:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

After a decade of the patriots going running back by huge committee, any fantasy player who tries to guess which one's going to get reliable fantasy points week to week is an idiot.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

ketchup vs catsup posted:

After a decade of the patriots going running back by huge committee, any fantasy player who tries to guess which one's going to get reliable fantasy points week to week is an idiot.

I even stashed Dion Lewis against my own better judgement last year because I guessed he would be the lead since Bill likes him so much, got frustrated after a few games and dumped him, next game was his big breakout.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 10, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would use Jones. I believe the Jets don't have much of a secondary.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

"We talk every year about how unpredictable the Patriots can be with running backs. 2017 was no different. Mike Gillislee had 33 carries and scored four touchdowns in the team's first two games. He scored approximately four Fantasy points the rest of the season. Dion Lewis carried the load in the second half of the season, but now he's a Tennessee Titan. "

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
0.5 ppr, definitely Jones

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

My RB situation is terrible, likely because I drank too much during the draft and don’t actually know a whole lot about football. I’ve got #1 waiver priority, is it worth picking up Phillip Lindsay right away?

I’ve currently got:

J. Williams
M. Lynch
A. Peterson

In a 12-team 0.5PPR league.

I’d probably drop Eric Ebron or Chris Godwin. James White and Austin Ekeler are still out there too, after that there isn’t much appealing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

My RB situation is terrible, likely because I drank too much during the draft and don’t actually know a whole lot about football. I’ve got #1 waiver priority, is it worth picking up Phillip Lindsay right away?

I’ve currently got:

J. Williams
M. Lynch
A. Peterson

In a 12-team 0.5PPR league.

I’d probably drop Eric Ebron or Chris Godwin. James White and Austin Ekeler are still out there too, after that there isn’t much appealing.

Lindsay or Yeldon?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I told my wife to drop the Lions to pick up a flyer like Doug Martin. She already won this week so having a potential starter made more sense.

They currently have 19 points.

Welp.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lindsay or Yeldon?

TJ Yeldon’s owned already, everyone in my league went all-in on RBs in the draft (part of my current issue).

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I've moved Wentz to my IR spot. I currently have Roethlisberger at QB even though he had a sad performance week 1 and he will be at home. Unsure if I should stick with Ben or stream a QB next week? Keenum? What do you think?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I told my wife to drop the Lions ...

I picked them up yesterday, fingers crossed they don't blow it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I've moved Wentz to my IR spot. I currently have Roethlisberger at QB even though he had a sad performance week 1 and he will be at home. Unsure if I should stick with Ben or stream a QB next week? Keenum? What do you think?

Ben looked bad in a downpour with what appears to be a generational talent DE breathing down his neck. Calm your tits.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Lions go rawr?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you make the offer?

Not in the form of an outright request. I’d try to break the ice with a text or email. There’s something impersonal about an unexpected trade offer that when it’s also a lowball, can be insulting.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 11, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Suave Fedora posted:

Not in the form of an outright request. I’d try to break the ice with a text or email. There’s something impersonal about an unexpected trade offer that when it’s also a lowball, can be insulting.

Baldwin is out for 4-6 weeks meaning probably out until after their week 7 bye.

I wouldn’t even trade for him in redraft until next week (if at all).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Yeah I wouldn’t either. He’s damaged goods. If you have the spare IR slot, sure, but having that deadweight through a chunk of the season isn’t all that appetizing.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Golladay had a nice night.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

So who had the Jets D/ST?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

So who had the Jets D/ST?

I had Darron Lee in IDP, who put up 37 in our format

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Should I just drop Baldwin? I've already got Bell taking up a bench spot and no IR slot

Yahoo standard scoring 1 QB 2 WR 1 RB 1TE 2 FLX. Current team:

Cousins
Allen Robinson
Demaryius Thomas
Jordan Howard
Jack Doyle
James Conner
Jamaal Williams

Bench:
Bell
Baldwin
Keelan Cole
Peyton Barber
Geronimo Allison

Edit: My league never does trades

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 11, 2018

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

imagine owning Amari Cooper two years in a row

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I dropped DeSean Jackson before this game. Should I pick him back up? Bucs have a surprisingly good line and skill positions. As long as the QB is consistent good things should happen.

What RBs to drop and pickup?
Yahoo 0.5 PPR 12 man league 2 rb 2 wr 1flex 1wr/te.

My RB situation is a bit thin because I grabbed Bell.

D. Johnson
L. Bell
G. Bernard
D. Freeman
N. Chubb
J. White
J. Samuels

Should I drop one of them to pick up Denver's Lindsay, Charger's Ekeler or Jacksonville's Yeldon?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
WR pickup, DeSean Jackson or Dorsett?

Its auction FA, so let the streets run green with my spending.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Other than Doughboy needing more time in the oven that went well.

---

Is dropping Breida for Yeldon a no-brainer? 0.5 PPR

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 11, 2018

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

89 posted:

Hey guys! Tomorrow, we get to see how terrible our fantasy teams are that we spent 2 months obsessing about drafting!

Spoilers, I'm not Buffalo Bob.

He also sat James Conner.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

89 posted:

Sup Baldwin buddy? :(

his zero cost me a win in my Friends league.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would not have sat Conner for Drake. I don't understand people who did.

Looks like Marshawn Lynch should be a sell high for anyone who missed the second half.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

89 posted:

I won 344 to 184. Here's to 1-12!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My high school league has wacky rear end scoring settings and about once a year someone hits 400 points.

I got 405 today and I had Manny Sanders, Dion Lewis, Geronimo and Beast Mode on my bench :getin:

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017
Had a good week, won in both my regular and dynasty league. Streamed Flacco in regular, and will probably keep him due to lack of waiver options (Fitz, Tyrod, Tannehill, Bortles).

Should I drop one of:

Goodwin
Robby Anderson
John Ross
John Brown

for Geronimo Allison? He had 8 targets so that looks kinda promising.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Do we sell on Devonta Freeman? I know our defensive line is sick. But Atlanta's play calling looks baaaad and it was bad last year, too.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Evig Vandrar posted:

Had a good week, won in both my regular and dynasty league. Streamed Flacco in regular, and will probably keep him due to lack of waiver options (Fitz, Tyrod, Tannehill, Bortles).

Should I drop one of:

Goodwin
Robby Anderson
John Ross
John Brown

for Geronimo Allison? He had 8 targets so that looks kinda promising.

I dropped Watkins for him because he seems to have earned Rodgers' trust and GB's receiver depth is not good

Anderson is the one you should drop if you decide to add him IMO

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

After losing Baldwin, I am very tempted to drop Crowder for one of Marshall, Lockett, Enunwa, Allison, or Gallady. Is there any reason to hold on to Crowder who looked like a total afterthought in the Washington offense? My other WR's are Baldwin, Adams, Hilton, and Cole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Another FF season, another Week 1 where I have the 2nd highest points and played against the highest scoring team

On the bright side, I crushed my opponent in my second league, almost doubling the points of everyone else