Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Golladay with the best open field tackle of the week. Somewhere that strip and fumble recovery won somebody the game last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Football Outsiders with a great recap of the most exciting rookie of 2018

quote:

Michael Dickson grew up in Sydney, Australia, playing soccer and Aussie rules football. At 19 he started training for American football. He ended up playing for the Texas Longhorns, and he dominated, twice leading the Big 12 in punting average. As a junior, Dickson was a consensus All-American winning the Ray Guy award as the nation's top punter. He was the MVP of Texas' 33-16 win over Missouri in the Texas Bowl. He averaged 41.1 yards per kick that day, which was actually his worst average of the year. However, ten of his 11 punts left Missouri pinned inside their own 15, and four times inside their five. The Tigers weren't able to return even one of them.

Dickson skipped his senior season to declare for the NFL draft, which turned out to be a wise move -- Seattle actually traded up to select him in the fifth round. Even in preseason Dickson looked like one of best punters in the league, doing things nobody else could do. In Minnesota, he had two punts last night that went 55-plus yards and pinned the opponent inside the 5. Nobody did that in one NFL game in all of 2017. There were only 25 punts like that in the entire season; no one player had more than three.

On Sunday, Dickson made regular season debut in Denver. He punted six times. The results of those punts:

From the Seattle 20, Dickson's punt traveled 60 yards to the Denver 20. Adam Jones returned the punt for 24 yards, but the return was wiped out by penalty and the ball was spotted at the Denver 10.
From the Seattle 39, Dickson's punt went 59 yards and was downed at the Denver 2.
Dickson's third punt was his worst. From his own 26, his punt only traveled 46 yards, and Jones returned it for 9.
From his own 25, Dickson's punt went 69 yards and went out of bounds at the 6.
From the Seattle 30, Dickson punted 57 yards and the ball went out of bounds at the 13.
Finally, from his own 18, Dickson's punt went 63 yards and was downed at the Denver 19.
On average, then, including penalty yards, Dickson's six punts were kicked from the Seattle 26.3, and left the Broncos stranded at their own 14.5. Officially, he had a gross average of 59.0 yards and a net average of 57.5, with four punts downed inside the 20, allowing only two returns for a total of 9 yards.
...in his regular-season debut, Dickson finished with the second-best single-game net average of all time. But even that might be underrating him. The NFL uses four punts as the minimum to qualify for its leaderboards, and the other names at the top of the table each had four punts in their big games. Dickson punted six times against Denver. Given that these net averages were all within a few yards of each other, should we give Dickson extra credit for punting 50 percent more often than the other names at the top of this list?

...If we remove return yards and pretend those punts resulted in fair catches instead, Dickson jumps ahead of Stark, 59.0 to 58.3. Essentially, the only reason Dickson didn't break the NFL's single-game record net average record in his debut is because 26 years ago, somebody named Corey Harris decided it would be a good idea to try running the wrong way.

Want somebody to ask Bill Belichick about punters again now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do I continue to roll with Stafford, or should I grab any of these QB's as a replacement?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

Football Outsiders with a great recap of the most exciting rookie of 2018

Want somebody to ask Bill Belichick about punters again now.

Bill will try to trade Brady for him.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

Do I continue to roll with Stafford, or should I grab any of these QB's as a replacement?

Since Big Ben is playing at home I’d look there first. Then maybe Tyrod since he’s going to get some junk time if they can’t stop the Saints.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Evig Vandrar posted:

Had a good week, won in both my regular and dynasty league. Streamed Flacco in regular, and will probably keep him due to lack of waiver options (Fitz, Tyrod, Tannehill, Bortles).

Should I drop one of:

Goodwin
Robby Anderson
John Ross
John Brown

for Geronimo Allison? He had 8 targets so that looks kinda promising.

I wouldn’t. He had 8 targets but I’d clearly WR3 and only saw those 8 plus TD when they were in gun slinging comeback mode 2nd half.

Well I might Ross for him.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Is Dorsett gonna be the real deal? Same q for Lindsay and Ekeler?

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017
Holy poo poo Ingram is on waivers in my league. Too bad I'm 4th in line :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sent out an offer if John Brown and Tarik Cohen for Josh Gordon. None are, or would be, starters on my half PPR team but I like the upside.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Corey Coleman to the Pats.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I own Jordan Reed and Evan Engram in a standard league. I'm considering offering Engram and James White for Mixon to the guy who lost Delanie. TE is a wasteland in this league. Crazy on my part or am I offering too low?

Would leave me with:

QB: Handsome Jimmy
RB: Zeke, Fournette, Hyde, Aaron Jones
WR: Diggs, Cooks, Manny Sanders, Fitzgerald, Ryan Grant
TE: Reed

And I'm dropping Dalton to grab TJ Yeldon.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
0.5 PPR, ESPN league. I'm trying to pick up an RB... if you had to rank the following, which would you grab first?

Austin Ekeler
Phillip Lindsay
T.J. Yeldon

I'm guessing Yeldon, Lindsay, and then Ekeler? I'm pretty low on the WW priority, but wanted to queue these up regardless and drop Ronald Jones :smith:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

So I own Jordan Reed and Evan Engram in a standard league. I'm considering offering Engram and James White for Mixon to the guy who lost Delanie. TE is a wasteland in this league. Crazy on my part or am I offering too low?

Would leave me with:

QB: Handsome Jimmy
RB: Zeke, Fournette, Hyde, Aaron Jones
WR: Diggs, Cooks, Manny Sanders, Fitzgerald, Ryan Grant
TE: Reed

And I'm dropping Dalton to grab TJ Yeldon.

If you can swing that trade go for it. Mixon could be an elite player.

Skull Knight posted:

0.5 PPR, ESPN league. I'm trying to pick up an RB... if you had to rank the following, which would you grab first?

Austin Ekeler
Phillip Lindsay
T.J. Yeldon

I'm guessing Yeldon, Lindsay, and then Ekeler? I'm pretty low on the WW priority, but wanted to queue these up regardless and drop Ronald Jones :smith:

I might go Lindsay, Yeldon, the Ekeler. Lindsay looks to have a permanent role, Yeldon's role is contingent on Fournette's health.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Skull Knight posted:

Austin Ekeler
Phillip Lindsay
T.J. Yeldon

Because it's 0.5 PPR I would expect Ekeler to be more valuable - he's getting few carries, but more meaningful targets. Lindsay should be good and I'd target him second. Yeldon is too contingent on Fournette so I'd put him third.

Honestly having a shot at any of those is good.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If he declines, is Hyde and Engram too much?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I have the #1 Waiver Wire pick in this league, the correct call out of this bunch is to drop Benjamin for Lindsay, correct? Is there anyone on there more droppable?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I might go Lindsay, Yeldon, the Ekeler. Lindsay looks to have a permanent role, Yeldon's role is contingent on Fournette's health.

I'm going Lindsay, Yeldon, & Ekeler in that order as well.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Probably

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
If I'm dropping a TE, should it be Evan Engram or ASJ?

(Is being Blake Bortles' #2 receiver better or worse than being Eli Manning's #4?)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Vargo posted:

(Is being Blake Bortles' #2 receiver better or worse than being Eli Manning's #4?)

:psyduck:

Drop ASJ

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vargo posted:

Drop ASJ and shame on your for considering otherwise.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
I have a problem. At the time we drafted in my league I felt a lot better about Le'Veon Bell showing up before the season started. Now, I am uneasy and I am wondering if I need try and proactively fix my team:

Do I wait it out and just see what happens?

Or, do I try to craft a trade package including one of my better players (Jones/Gronk) or Bell to see if I can even out some of the starter quality across my positions?

pocket pool fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 11, 2018

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Your first problem is that you have 8 WR and 0 starting RBs

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
How do you even get to a point where you only have 2 RBs and 8 WR?

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Poque posted:

Your first problem is that you have 8 WR and 0 starting RBs

Unfortunately needed to auto-draft part-way through my draft because it ran long - ESPN's auto draft seemed extremely WR happy.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

pocket pool posted:

I have a problem. At the time we drafted in my league I felt a lot better about Le'Veon Bell showing up before the season started. Now, I am uneasy and I am wondering if I need try and proactively fix my team:

Or, do I try to craft a trade package including one of my better players (Jones/Gronk) or Bell to see if I can even out some of the starter quality across my positions?

Jeremy Hill is a Patriots RB who was 3-4 on the depth chart who just tore his ACL

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I lost by .1 in one league and .04 in another :gonk: welcome back fantasy football

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

pocket pool posted:

Mother of Christ....

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

pocket pool posted:

I'd be working to sell high on Brown or Galladay.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
Haha let’s say I learned a valuable lesson about auto draft.

Worst of all this league’s punishment for low scores is having to carry a My Little Pony wallet around. I may be in for lots of that this season.

Gaze upon my roster and realize it could always be worse.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

pocket pool posted:

To actually try to help...

Drop Amendola, Ridley, and Hill. MAYBE Brown but I don't know how he did this past week. Target basically every RB on the market. Fortunately, Goodwin isn't more seriously injured and that leaves you with 5-6 WRs that you can cycle through (I'm not going to check bye weeks, but I'm hoping that 3-4 of those remaining WRs don't share the same bye week). Look for Yeldon, Lindsay, Ekeler, or any other flyer who might be available (Kenneth Dixon? Anthony Sherman?)

Also dump the Saints D and look elsewhere.

Trading is also an option but my leagues are notoriously trade-lite so I'm not good with advice there. If you have this many WRs, chances are somebody's got a lot of RBs and maybe you can work something out there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So the Pats signed Corey Coleman and Benny Fowler. Coleman is the better dart throw for an end of the bench dynasty stash, right? (PPR) I'd be dropping Cordarelle Patterson because his usage this week was not promising.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Do we think Allen Hurns is worth hanging on to? How bad was Dak this weekend?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

Do we think Allen Hurns is worth hanging on to? How bad was Dak this weekend?

Doubt it and bad. I'm not sure I even want Zeke at this point.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was a huge Michael Gallup supporter and I'm considering divesting entirely from that offense. It was ROUGH

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

I was a huge Michael Gallup supporter and I'm considering divesting entirely from that offense. It was ROUGH

That Jordan Howard for Zeke straight up trade. I should have taken it. Dallas looks all kinds of awful.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pocket pool posted:

Keep Jones and Gronk.

Package up anyone and everyone else to get a low end RB2 (like a Chris Thompson or Duke Johnson - could buy low now on Duke).

Depending on league size, I'd even move Watson to someone who still believes he will bounce back for a lower end QB and RB that will actually score more than 0 points.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So it's my wife's first year playing fantasy football in our work league. 14 team 1PPR league. She's got the number 1 waiver which doesn't reset. Any of these worth burning it on? I'm giving her advice here and there so that next year she basically knows what the gently caress to do. RB is a wasteland. I've suggested she shop Golladay or Jordy for a RB if possible since she has a ton of WRs.

Geronimo Allison
Brandon Marshall
Phillip Dorsett
Tyler Boyd
Willie Snead
Taylor Gabriel
Jared Cook
Ian Thomas
Ricky Seals Jones
Will Dissly

This is her team:

QB - Wilson, Stafford
RB - Freeman, James White, Penny
WR - Garcon, Jordy, Stills, Golladay, Richardson, DeVante Parker, Tyler Lockett
TE - Kelce, Delanie
D/ST - Eagles
K - Tucker

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tough call. I'm really, really high on Mixon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

pocket pool posted:

Haha let’s say I learned a valuable lesson about auto draft.

Worst of all this league’s punishment for low scores is having to carry a My Little Pony wallet around. I may be in for lots of that this season.

Gaze upon my roster and realize it could always be worse.

In mine not only do I lose my £10 entry but the overall worst player has to wear a ballerina outfit on a night out in Glasgow. I'm the only englishman playing in a group of scots, I'm also 6'9", losing is not an option for me.