Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wizchine posted:

Want to bail out of Worst Alliance. Down to 40 members, don't know if any left are goons, and I now find myself leader? Uh.... I've got a job and kids - I just want to punch bad guys part-time.

I guess the only way to see how active the Alliance is seems to be donations and check ins.

If its not as active as it should be yea, i'd switch to a more active one as well. I did it with Strike Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Does an active alliance actually do anything? As long as it's max level, you should be good.

I guess you could be into the alliance raid or that one where you capture territory, but both of those game modes seem pretty terrible to me.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

im actually in some crappy random max level alliance because I wasn't sure if I was going to play much again, and being the only dude to do the alliance conquest is cool because I get a good participation chest off just controlling one or two areas near the start and letting the other teams win.

also being #1 in alliance battle all the time is pretty fun I guess. I'm just missing out on whatever happens if you do well with the raid and being able to leech norn stones of chaos off dudes with the request.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Can someone explain this? It looks like Spiderman crossed with Moon Knight and Iron Man crossed with Thor?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

http://bfy.tw/JpMW

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

A surfing dog?! posted:

im actually in some crappy random max level alliance because I wasn't sure if I was going to play much again, and being the only dude to do the alliance conquest is cool because I get a good participation chest off just controlling one or two areas near the start and letting the other teams win.

also being #1 in alliance battle all the time is pretty fun I guess. I'm just missing out on whatever happens if you do well with the raid and being able to leech norn stones of chaos off dudes with the request.

Alliance level gives incredibly necessary stat buffs, most critically cooldown reduction

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dravs posted:

Can someone explain this? It looks like Spiderman crossed with Moon Knight and Iron Man crossed with Thor?

"Infinity Warps" is apparently a current crossover/special series Marvel is doing that just mashes up heroes in a different universe. Looks like Spider-Man/Moon Knight, Iron Man/Thor, X-23/Scarlet Witch, Black Panther/Ghost Rider, and Doctor Strange/Captain America.

Seems worth it for Ghost Panther.

I wonder if the wording means they'll be new Dimension Rifts or if I'm just reading too much into it.

A surfing dog?! posted:

This was me for a long time. I joined a random open alliance when I started, hung around as it kind of stagnated, considered ditching and then the leader disappeared and I became the leader somehow. I hung around because I got along well with a couple of the guys and it was fun being 1st in everything, but I started cleaning out inactives every week or two and we've managed to build the alliance up a bit. Its still only like 10-15 active people but they do the Alliance Conquest most weeks before I even check on it and we win regularly, I actually lose Alliance Battle rankings sometimes. Its kind of fun to see the place grow.

And we got our alliance level bonuses up awhile ago so now its just the slow crawl of getting the store ranked up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Weapon Hex almost seems like a character made for me. It's like they took two of my favorite marvel ladies and mashed them together. I'd be suspect if they had mashed Captain Marvel and Squirrel Girl together or Hawkeye and Magik.

And in WBU learning patterns, okay, but not everything is a pattern. They have attacks that are done at random times, and they love to do them when you're locked into an animation, and those attacks are almost all stuns or roots, which means you can't do poo poo. Its pretty hilarious watching Cap do his t3 attack, but gets rooted and dies instantly.

loving hate WBU, its 100% bullshit.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 11, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, after Ghost Panther she's the one I'm most interested in.

But, you know. T'Challa as a demonically possessed Ghost Rider who rides a burning panther?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I think I brought x-23 to yellow prestige back in the ol marvel heroes, but never finished leveling her, and scarlet witch was at I want to say red? Needless to say, I will be grinding weapon hex out immediately.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

And in WBU learning patterns, okay, but not everything is a pattern. They have attacks that are done at random times, and they love to do them when you're locked into an animation, and those attacks are almost all stuns or roots, which means you can't do poo poo. Its pretty hilarious watching Cap do his t3 attack, but gets rooted and dies instantly.

It seems to get way more random at 20. Thats when I really can't just do it like a dance move where you know when everything's coming. Just have to be constantly moving and avoiding all the things that stun you and lock you in place to get barraged. Its just hit and run with everyone.

I threw an Immunity to Guard Break obelisk on Cap because it seems invaluable in making sure the T3 hits. Its crushing when you charge it up, crouch, charge again, and then dud.

But I've also been burned out on WBU for a few weeks and just doing 1s. Every day I'm like "Ok, lets try and beat a new level and try and get a blue box cash in" but then I just do the 1s because its easier and its Tuesday and I haven't done my Shadowland yet.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

when you get enough raid xp level 1 wbu will take like 10 seconds, just do that

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

punchymcpunch posted:

And the rewards are basically the same right?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Stunt Rock posted:

And the rewards are basically the same right?

yes, except the bonus boxes, which rarely have anything good in em. your odds of getting a paywall card from a box drops from vanishingly small to literally zero. basically there is a point to doing higher level wbu but its absolutely not worth stressing over.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

punchymcpunch posted:

when is that? i'm at level 50.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

when is that? i'm at level 50.

id say around level 50 but iirc you have really bad cards, so maybe another 50 levels?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79lnlafcdJo

agent venom
quicksilver
medusa

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
Still no Hyperion rework.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

Is Medusa any good? I kind of like the weird hair power thing but I never really used her. I think I might have her 6* but is she worth investing in? At least pre-costume?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I like her for a 10-20 level Shadowland floor. Fun to use.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
Since I don't want to accidentally cause myself to miss anything after maintenance, what generally resets over a maintenance outage? I seem to remember it's not everything but that information is a year or 2 old.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah QS is finally getting his FrontwardFast Man costume.

They still haven't said if the Infinity Warps characters are suits or new characters have they?

Deadpool after a completed epic quest is good as hell. So that just means I need to t2 Domino and Phantomx to get Stryfe. Now that I've finally t3'd Cap, I decided that Spider-Man is the next T3 I'll work on. After that probably Deadpool or Iron Man.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

They still haven't said if the Infinity Warps characters are suits or new characters have they?

They have complete patch notes up. They're all new, 2 are bio subs, spidey is part of the new heroic quest and his quest costs crystals.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Every new character is paywalled lol

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Quicksilver uniform ups his chain damage, would that stack with the CTP of energy? I didn't put one on him, the only two I have are on Jean and Cable.

It's annoying how spread out the new characters are but on the other hand that saves you trouble if you only want one of them. Weapon Hex from x-gene sub, Ghost Panther from the regular bio sub, Iron Hammer from bio selectors, and Arach Knight from the paid quest pack. 3 free quest packs are in for Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones, though you will have to pay $ to unlock the chest of crystals you earn from doing them. Iron Hammer might not be bad if you can get him from the shield lab generator then use tickets.

Some good quality of life stuff, and I like the idea and presentation of the costume collections even if the idea is to get people to buy more costumes.

Every now and then I throw some crystals at the card boxes to try to get some of the "rares" I'm missing, like the one black widow card that doesn't drop like candy. Any idea if those can drop from the honor token card boxes too, or just from the paid store boxes?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

A surfing dog?! posted:

Every new character is paywalled lol

Iron Hammer is available via selectors so, not a paywall.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I also don't consider a crystal-wall a pay-wall.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

I also don't consider a crystal-wall a pay-wall.

It's a sorta a soft paywall. Emma and Adam Warlock are the hard pay walled characters. Speaking of that, what is the average amount of Emma boxes I'd need to buy to t2 her?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

What's the total crystal return if I buy the Psylocke package? I'm saving crystals but getting antsy because some of the best chars are languishing in T1 because I don't want to blow a T2 ticket on them without a uniform, and some T2 guys who have a good uni

T1 guys:
Hulk
Black Panther (I'd get his big package though)
Anti-Venom
Spader Mans

T2:
Cable (OK he's T2 6/6)
Thanos
Black Order dudes (minus Proxima who I already uniformed up)

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Stunt Rock posted:

Iron Hammer is available via selectors so, not a paywall.

Oh I read that as being the one you had to pay for like Carnage and Valkyrie, I'm glad I'm wrong.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm never gonna save up enough crystals for Warlock Emma Infinity Wars Legends Extreme Psylocke ArachKnight.

edit: It actually looks like there's a ton of new minor updates that are really cool. And the Heroic Quest is a new way to waste time which is fun.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 12, 2018

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

My love of all things Spider-Man likely means the crystals I was saving up for Psylocke are going into Agent Antivenom and Arachknight

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is Weapon Hex a sub character? She's two Waifus in one!

After buying the premium, I have 3k crystals again, so I'd say it gets you good returns, plus it should you get most of the way to getting Pyslock to t2, which is pretty good.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

twistedmentat posted:

Is Weapon Hex a sub character? She's two Waifus in one!

After buying the premium, I have 3k crystals again, so I'd say it gets you good returns, plus it should you get most of the way to getting Pyslock to t2, which is pretty good.

Yes, and X-Gene not bio, so enjoy.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Oh that's nice, guess I'll wait then and suit up Hulky and Anti-Venom

e: god drat this game has longer maintenance windows than MH

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 13, 2018

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
gently caress this update, they should have made Thandok and have him natural T3 as God and Marvel intended.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Scarlet Witch should have been mashed up with MODOK instead so we could finally have sexy waifu MODOK.

Mental
Organism
Designed
Only for
Kissing

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Ghost Panther and Weapon Hex seem extremely good and not...super excited about the rest? Maybe QS' uni.

e: it costs 750 gems to start the Heroic Quest what

e2: the rewards from the token event are Medusa bios , Robot Hammer dude bios, and the usual Norn stones/clear tickets/etc

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 13, 2018

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Started the Heroic Quest without really reading it, so I'm gonna have to wait til tomorrow to get past a couple missions in since I already did the daily missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

AzraelNewtype posted:

Yes, and X-Gene not bio, so enjoy.

Aaaah gently caress. I always do that, buy bios and not Xgenes. Well, not like its a waste, I want ghost panther too.

Also grabbed the Moon Spider pack, and going to get the QS costume. Why not?