Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

I hope the bizarre and sudden remastering of both last remnant and Crystal Chronicles means Kawazu is BACK ON TOP BABY. Or at least maybe it'll mean we get a port of Minstrel Song.

Anyway let that crazy motherfucker make more games he's the best around

He needs to put out the 1200 page tabletop RPG we all know he wants to write because no video game can hold his craziness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The only time someone over the age of 19 will look cool on a skateboard.
https://twitter.com/sarugetchuu/status/1039195043947532291

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I've got a few days coming up where my wife is out of town on a business trip and it'll just be me and my 1 yo. I'm likely to buy a game to fill this time with, but I'm torn between Spider-Man and Dragon Quest XI. I like both franchises, but Spider-Man is the game my coworkers bought and have been talking about, and Dragon Quest is a little light on the web swinging. However, Spider-Man seems like a game I would complete in a few days and never touch again, whereas DQXI could eat up dozens and dozens of hours of my life if it's as good as people keep saying it is.

If only this was a clear Paragon/Renegade choice...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did anyone play the Call of Duty battle royale thing

what's it like/is fortnite over

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

where's my Madden battle royale

100 football players parachuting into a stadium

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Hahaha holy poo poo, EA couldnt let the FIFA lootbox money go, and as a result is under criminal investigation by the Belgium government. :allears:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-10-ea-reportedly-under-criminal-investigation-in-belgium-due-to-fifas-loot-boxes

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lmao that owns
also, :rip: senran kagura thread.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lootbox Fiasco would be a good name for a video game music cover band.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Truga posted:

lmao that owns
also, :rip: senran kagura thread.

What happened

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I've got a few days coming up where my wife is out of town on a business trip and it'll just be me and my 1 yo. I'm likely to buy a game to fill this time with, but I'm torn between Spider-Man and Dragon Quest XI. I like both franchises, but Spider-Man is the game my coworkers bought and have been talking about, and Dragon Quest is a little light on the web swinging. However, Spider-Man seems like a game I would complete in a few days and never touch again, whereas DQXI could eat up dozens and dozens of hours of my life if it's as good as people keep saying it is.

If only this was a clear Paragon/Renegade choice...

spider man is more likely to go on sale in a few months

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

What happened

Rules wise, nothing. Mod didn't feel comfortable allowing a thread about a series where you strip and oggle mostly high school girls.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

What happened

Too rated T for Teen to live

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

What happened

the thread and its OP have done a great service to the forums, but in light of apparently all the new senran games now being strip show spinoffs, rather than big boobies fighting games, I can't say I'm surprised it got closed.

videogames post in the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=487841598

e: disclaimer I've never played the games, so I dunno if there's still actual fighting games but the news has definitely been on the strip show side.
e2: wait the op is a different person too, I was thinking of DT

Truga fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Sep 11, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so when is the league of legends thread being deleted by that metric

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i can't speak to whether or not i made the rules for that thread because i honestly don't remember but what i do kind of remember is the thread first came about because a group of posters basically wanted to keep this one senran kagura sincereposter guy in a cage to point and laugh at

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 11, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

so when is the league of legends thread being deleted by that metric

hey I'm not saying I agree with it being closed over lovely spinoffs either, I'm just the messenger here. if the thread was getting creepy, probe the creeps IMO

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was exactly as it had been for the past four years, no increase or decrease in creepiness.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

homeless snail posted:

based on the demo it just seems like a worse playing version of yakuza. combat is almost identical but the changes they did make are for the worse, a third of the demo is tailing a guy as if its a game from the mid 2000s, and another third is just a bad QTE sequence

I’m really loving confused at the hype because the trailer was some fun looking combat combined with the worst open world mission mini games of the last 15 years. Tailing, contrived detective missions, snapping a photo at the right time, etc.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

It was exactly as it had been for the past four years, no increase or decrease in creepiness.

When qqcs gets a train running on your thread its toast. That's how SA goes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

lordfrikk posted:

Do we know what's going to be the focus of the DLCs and how sizable they're going to be? Since they're supposed to be released on a monthly basis I'm not expecting much.

The first one will be a Heist themed adventure pitting Spidey against Black Cat

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoa97CdeG_w

Not having to deal with lovely peripherals AND online play?!?!?!

I'm so fuckin stoked you have no idea

I am so extremely hyped to play Crystal Chronicles multiplayer again.

Back in college I had enough friends with GBAs that we actually managed to do a four-player playthrough and it owned. It was so drat fun, arguing about who has bucket duty, trying to coordinate spell combos, making sure everyone got gear upgrades together, beating up bosses, it kicked rear end. And now, I have enough friends with Switches that we can do it again, but with the power of the internet! :yayclod:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i can't speak to whether or not i made the rules for that thread because i honestly don't remember but what i do kind of remember is the thread first came about because a group of posters basically wanted to keep this one senran kagura sincereposter guy in a cage to point and laugh at basically

good news, the thread had evolved into two sincere posters talking to each other perpetually about this cool series that is primarily known for sexualizing high school students

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that doesn't sound like good news at all

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

good news, the thread had evolved into two sincere posters talking to each other perpetually about this cool series that is primarily known for sexualizing high school students

Actually it was two posters who hated each other's guts arguing constantly

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

That's a lot more realistic

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Only the dead have seen the end of the anime tidday war.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Cowcaster posted:

i can't speak to whether or not i made the rules for that thread because i honestly don't remember but what i do kind of remember is the thread first came about because a group of posters basically wanted to keep this one senran kagura sincereposter guy in a cage to point and laugh at

Dark_TitsAnime is a forums treasure

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

lol that owns

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The Senran Kagura games aren't bad. :shrug: The gacha has some great graphics for a phone game and the cooking game was a rare instance of a decent non-indie rhythm game on PC.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember laughing at how dumb senran kagura was and I felt like DT was definitely sincere in why he liked the series, and even now I think he has moved on to another series that is arguably worse than SK because he thought that SK was getting too silly and not focusing on the story, but there came a point where I just didn't feel comfortable laughing at SK anymore because it felt like its existence was trying to normalize the sexualization of minors and that just really makes me uncomfortable. I believe people when they say they can enjoy the games despite the sexualization but I remember when DT posted about a comic that was just all the SK cast wearing the same clothes they normally do but they were in kindergarten and they were trying to learn about how to get big boobs and that was when I was like "okay no I'm bowing out, I can't go for that, no can do"

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/orenronen/status/1039456933156073472

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1039458695283793921

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember laughing at how dumb senran kagura was and I felt like DT was definitely sincere in why he liked the series, and even now I think he has moved on to another series that is arguably worse than SK because he thought that SK was getting too silly and not focusing on the story, but there came a point where I just didn't feel comfortable laughing at SK anymore because it felt like its existence was trying to normalize the sexualization of minors and that just really makes me uncomfortable. I believe people when they say they can enjoy the games despite the sexualization but I remember when DT posted about a comic that was just all the SK cast wearing the same clothes they normally do but they were in kindergarten and they were trying to learn about how to get big boobs and that was when I was like "okay no I'm bowing out, I can't go for that, no can do"

this is pretty much the narrative arc that led to the creation of the thread if i remember right, if you add the epilogue that people got upset we were trying to shut the guy up and rallied a group effort to have us make a thread for him to post in. just one of the fun decisions to make while being an admin of the sa forums

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I feel like Senran Kagura succeeded where .hack failed in that it's a multimedia franchise that releases a game a year that generally review well but nobody admits to playing and they sell $200 vinyl figures to the same 100 people.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Verranicus posted:

The Senran Kagura games aren't bad. :shrug: The gacha has some great graphics for a phone game and the cooking game was a rare instance of a decent non-indie rhythm game on PC.

okay but

FirstAidKite posted:

it felt like its existence was trying to normalize the sexualization of minors

and that's bad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Looper posted:

okay but

and that's bad

i don't think that verranicus got that red title because he's a big fan of arguing in good faith, looper

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
How long do you have to post about anime boobs for to get your own thread

Asking for a friend

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Woah, let's swerve from one set of anime tiddies to another: the creators of Danganronpa and Zero Escape formed an indie studio.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

14 years and I still haven't gotten one....

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

14 years and I still haven't gotten one....

Looks like you've aged out of consideration for Senran Kagura candidacy then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

this is pretty much the narrative arc that led to the creation of the thread if i remember right, except with the epilogue that people got upset we were trying to shut the guy out and rallied to have us make a thread for him to post in.

That was also back when gbs had a ton of chat threads before ralp (I think it was ralp) tried to get rid of the chat threads and have their own byob place. Main reason I remember that is because I saw a big influx of posters that I hadn't seen before and it turned out it was a gbs thread that was defending him as being sincere about how he liked the games for the story and I ended up going and hanging out in that thread with its posters for about a year because it was more-or-less people making fun of the people that get all "anime is for pedos" and laughing at them but it also felt like they were laughing at how dumb SK was as a series and how seemingly oblivious DT was to how cookie cutter SK's supposedly deep and interesting plot and characters are.

idk why I'm typing about this to be honest, what's done is done, this whole thing just kinda reminded me of stuff from years ago

• Locked thread