Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Ok I just had to look up Senran Kagura, and I'm not sure how you would get 'these are minors' over 'these are standard anime 'cute' girls', but that's off a cursory glance.

Gay dude without a dog in the race, just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I strive to be non-judgemental but I struggle to not judge folks who enjoy playing these weird anime sex games.

Typing that made me feel 30 years older than I am.

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

Is there a reason why I can’t find any internet proof that this crystal chronicles peripheral existed? There’s no video or image of it I can find anywhere and I’m genuinely curious about it

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

foonykins posted:

Is there a reason why I can’t find any internet proof that this crystal chronicles peripheral existed? There’s no video or image of it I can find anywhere and I’m genuinely curious about it

it was bundled with the Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Ok I just had to look up Senran Kagura, and I'm not sure how you would get 'these are minors' over 'these are standard anime 'cute' girls', but that's off a cursory glance.

it's my understanding the games like to point out that they're minors in highschool repeatedly and emphatically

really though the lesson to be learned here is never judge an anime's age by its cover

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Cowcaster posted:

really though the lesson to be learned here is never judge an anime's age by its cover

True that

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

the games are set in high school, all of the characters are high school students. even if you try to claim they're 18, hey guess what a difference of one year doesn't magically make it less weird

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not really? They're barely in school and when they are it's secret ninja training camp. The western releases try to hide their official ages as much as possible in fact.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what incentive would the western translations have to do that i wonder

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
like okay i can respect someone who likes titty and rear end. if the characters were all adults I'd still think senran kagura's particular brand of sex appeal is super extra but at least it wouldn't be predatory

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I don't think Senran Kagura is the worst thing imaginable but if you play games from that series on a regular basis you're kind of weird. not a child murderer or anything but deffo weird

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the main consideration here should be that VideoGames is a much more intelligent, considerate, effective, and gentle administrator than i ever was on my best day, if something was bad enough for him to intervene i both trust his judgement and expect it was something really genuinely skeevy going on

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 11, 2018

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah, agreed, I appreciate how VideoGames handled it and I hope things go smoothly for him and that he isn't given any trouble over it.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Make me a mod and I'll ban all titty, it'll be a new golden age for the forums

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember laughing at how dumb senran kagura was and I felt like DT was definitely sincere in why he liked the series, and even now I think he has moved on to another series that is arguably worse than SK because he thought that SK was getting too silly and not focusing on the story, but there came a point where I just didn't feel comfortable laughing at SK anymore because it felt like its existence was trying to normalize the sexualization of minors and that just really makes me uncomfortable. I believe people when they say they can enjoy the games despite the sexualization but I remember when DT posted about a comic that was just all the SK cast wearing the same clothes they normally do but they were in kindergarten and they were trying to learn about how to get big boobs and that was when I was like "okay no I'm bowing out, I can't go for that, no can do"

What's the worse series he moved on to

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm gonna say something crazy here. VideoGames... is a good mod.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

He likes Valkyrie Drive now, it's not really any worse than SK though. And also unpopular and dead probably.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Finally, the dawn of the Age of rear end

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Finally the forums will be laid to rest.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Valkyrie Drive, iirc, unless he moved on from that too. Last I'd heard he was getting into Valkyrie Drive. Valkyrie Drive is just Soul Eater but instead of "this person can turn into a weapon that this other person can wield" it is "this person can turn into a weapon that this other person can wield, but only if the person wielding the weapon sexually arouses the person who turns into the weapon" and the main characters are minors

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

Not really? They're barely in school and when they are it's secret ninja training camp. The western releases try to hide their official ages as much as possible in fact.

IIRC correctly (I'm too lazy to set up my Dreamcast right now) the Japanese release of Dead or Alive 2 back then had ages in the character bios, which mysteriously disappeared in the Western versions (because of Kasumi and Ayane being 17 and 16 years old lol). It's a classic move.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Valkyrie Drive, iirc, unless he moved on from that too. Last I'd heard he was getting into Valkyrie Drive. Valkyrie Drive is just Soul Eater but instead of "this person can turn into a weapon that this other person can wield" it is "this person can turn into a weapon that this other person can wield, but only if the person wielding the weapon sexually arouses the person who turns into the weapon" and the main characters are minors

wowzers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Healbot posted:

IIRC correctly (I'm too lazy to set up my Dreamcast right now) the Japanese release of Dead or Alive 2 back then had ages in the character bios, which mysteriously disappeared in the Western versions (because of Kasumi and Ayane being 17 and 16 years old lol). It's a classic move.

DoA is a series that was going going to get banned in Sweden if they didn't remove the official ages.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Samuringa posted:

I think it's silly to dislike Spider-Man teaming up with cops because super-heroes are pretty much the police already,

This is a pretty common criticism of the genre!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I played DOA6 at gamescom. Roster was kinda limited, but the gameplay felt solid.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/rement_official/status/1039430861458993152

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Sakurazuka posted:

DoA is a series that was going going to get banned in Sweden if they didn't remove the official ages.

Some say they then made the by far the youngest-looking (and also most popular) character in the series Swedish precisely in response to that, though that might just be a rumor.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i want all of them

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm glad Marx got to come back

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

al-azad posted:

He needs to put out the 1200 page tabletop RPG we all know he wants to write because no video game can hold his craziness.

Give Kawazu ff16

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Unrelated to all of this, what was that one 3DS eshop game where it was like a Japanese take on tabletop D&D type play? I remember it having you moving around figures on a board and the game's aesthetic was the same as a board game's but I don't remember the game's name, only that I think it was an eshop game by some Japanese company and had you rolling dice I think.

I'm wondering if that game was any good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it was called Mario Party

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Crimson Shroud, I thought it was okay

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

Unrelated to all of this, what was that one 3DS eshop game where it was like a Japanese take on tabletop D&D type play? I remember it having you moving around figures on a board and the game's aesthetic was the same as a board game's but I don't remember the game's name, only that I think it was an eshop game by some Japanese company and had you rolling dice I think.

Crimson Shroud.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

crimson shroud, it was a project led by a lot of the old final fantasy tactics team, its decent

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It's funny to me that Wildstar still hasn't announced on their game launcher, main website or twitter that the game is closing down despite it being known for a fact that it is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Verranicus posted:

It's funny to me that Wildstar still hasn't announced on their game launcher, main website or twitter that the game is closing down despite it being known for a fact that it is.
gotta sucker the twelve people that still play

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
they'll be refunding every transaction past july IIRC, and reversing transactions just costs them more, so it's really weird.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Googled Valkyrie Drive and now I feel like I’m probably on some fbi watch list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

corn in the bible posted:

I hope the bizarre and sudden remastering of both last remnant and Crystal Chronicles means Kawazu is BACK ON TOP BABY. Or at least maybe it'll mean we get a port of Minstrel Song.

Anyway let that crazy motherfucker make more games he's the best around

I don't think the world can survive him getting a chance to make a game more obtuse than Unlimited Saga. It will summon an elder god by accident somehow.

• Locked thread